HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, question re the fireworks. Three years ago DD and I stood at the hub to watch the firework...we ended up in a good location bu couldn't see the balloon at all so missed that part completely.

Do they project the show on its a small world and do Uggie and Jack make appearances there? Also, does IASW plaza get packed like Main St?

We can only make one party while we are at Disneyland and we would love to see the whole show without missing the party by waiting at Main St again.

Thanks

...Do they project the show on its a small world and do Uggie and Jack make appearances there? Also, does IASW plaza get packed like Main St?..

There are projections on IASW, but there is no balloon for Oogie and Jack. Instead, they are projected on the building. We like viewing from that area. It usually doesn't get super crowded like the Hub and Main Street can. And it can be easier for me to view because we can be on the raised part of the viewing area. It can take longer to exit the area, but we usually get a popcorn and people watch until the crowd thins.

I'm happy to hear the parade is looking to be a bit more than the Cavalcade!

I'm going Late September this year, and have been going over all the crowd tracker sites, and so far it shows crowds are less in September than Late October. Does anyone have experience going the last week of September, and what crowds were like?

OH! And Halloween/Fall has hit my local Rite Aid! Excited!

990372012610262216_account_id_1.jpg

I'm excited for the new parade, but I kinda hope they keep the same music as the cavalcade! I found myself dancing and singing this in the car today. And yes, I was alone in the car, thank-you-very-much! ;)

"Are you ready?
Yeah!
Really ready?
Yeah!
Are you ready for Halloween?
Everybody jump (jump)!
Shake (shake)!
Come and scream!
Are you ready for Halloween?

There's a party!
We're excited!
Gonna dress up for Halloween!
Look in the mirror and show me what I'm gonna be!
Let's get ready for Halloween!

We're all ready for....
Really ready for...
Let's get ready for....
HALLOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!"

Not sure if all those lyrics are right, but it gets stuck in my head and then I must sing! lol

I'm going Late September this year, and have been going over all the crowd tracker sites, and so far it shows crowds are less in September than Late October. Does anyone have experience going the last week of September, and what crowds were like?
I'm going that same week. I went on the equivalent week in 2014 (end of September/beginning of October) Mon-Thur. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were great - low crowds and lots of breathing room. On Thursday the crowds picked up considerably (Gay Days was starting Friday night), but it was still quite manageable. I heard 2015 was considerably more crowded that time of year due to the 60th. It's really hard to say now what will happen when the 60th ends. I'm sure the crowds won't go all the way down to where they were when I went in 2014, but I'd like to think the weekdays will at least be pleasant. At least that's what I'm hoping for!

Does anyone have experience going the last week of September, and what crowds were like?

I was there from September 22nd to October 1st last year and the crowds were very low. It was lovely. I did not spend Saturday and Sunday in the parks as I was visiting friends at the coast, but weekdays were great.

Corinna

Can you believe as of today that Disneyland is only showing it's calendar up to 35 day's out! :crazy2: I swear it's going to be the end of the planner in me! Crossing my fingers that this weekend will bring out October dates!:genie:

Yeah, I was REALLY hoping the calendar would finally be updated this morning, after all of the promises we'd get October hours on Friday...still no dice. 39 more days for me, I seriously need to know the hours so I can start planning activities both in and out of the park during my week in town! I'm trying not to be impatient...but I can't help it, I *AM* getting a little impatient. I really hope we get them soon!

~Meg

Oh so there are fireworks over at ISASW on party nights??? Does the Headless Horseman and cavalcade start back at ISASW like other nighttime shows?? If so That is where I think we shall watch them from then hit some treat trails!!!

I swear I saw fireworks scheduled on Sunday 9/25 which is our first day but now it says schedule unavailable.....

I made hotel reservations for Oct 6 – Oct 9, planning to attend MHP on Oct 7. I have not bought MHP tickets yet. My question if I buy tickets to MHP, can I sell the tickets if we do not make it to DL? My wife has issues with her Achilles heel and has major issues with walking right now. My luck would be I don’t buy tickets to MHP & we go to DL as planned but cannot attend MHP. Has anyone been in a situation like this before?

I made hotel reservations for Oct 6 – Oct 9, planning to attend MHP on Oct 7. I have not bought MHP tickets yet. My question if I buy tickets to MHP, can I sell the tickets if we do not make it to DL? My wife has issues with her Achilles heel and has major issues with walking right now. My luck would be I don’t buy tickets to MHP & we go to DL as planned but cannot attend MHP. Has anyone been in a situation like this before?

Have you considered getting her an ECV for the party? They run about $30-40/day and off-site companies will deliver them to the hotel for free? You could chance renting one at the gate, but they do run out on busy days. My mother in law uses one and makes her life manageable each trip. I rent prior to arrival and it's waiting at the bell desk when we arrive.

I'd go this route rather than miss this fun party!

The MHP tickets are not transferable or refundable so beware.
Mike

Please note that MHP tickets have fine print stating that they are not for resale, non-refundable, and non-transferrable. Disney and these boards do not condone this behavior. If you end up not being able to use a ticket, you can always gift it or donate it to someone. Depending on the situation, sometimes Disney will work with you to give you a credit for the unused ticket. But there are no guarantees there.

I really wanted to do the haunted Halloween tour this year. But after I heard that they changed it to just the HM. I think not. 1st - I'm not interested in a 2 hour tour of the HM. 2nd - it's in the morning. 3rd - I can take my daughter on more rides in the morning because it's less busy. So Im not going to waste it listening about the history of the HM tour. I think Disney needs a new creative team.

I was at my local Savers thrift store and saw this and had to have it and surprise IT STILL WORKS !! I found out via EBAY it's about 15 years old , scored for $5.99 :)

It's in perfect condition!image.jpegimage.jpeg

So, question re the fireworks. Three years ago DD and I stood at the hub to watch the firework...we ended up in a good location bu couldn't see the balloon at all so missed that part completely.

Do they project the show on its a small world and do Uggie and Jack make appearances there? Also, does IASW plaza get packed like Main St?

We can only make one party while we are at Disneyland and we would love to see the whole show without missing the party by waiting at Main St again.

Thanks

In 2014 we went to the Halloween party and watched from IASW plaza. It was awesome! We had a seat, it was not crowded at all and the projections were amazing on Small World. It's one of my favorite memories.

We went again in 2015 and there were NO projections. So disappointing. We were already seated over there and had no time to get to main street. The show definitely didn't feel as special without the projections. I don't know if that was a one time thing or if they didn't do them at in in 2015.

Just wanted to let you know. I even emailed Disney to ask if there would be projections and they didn't answer that part of my question. (The other question was if I could board the monorail in DTD with a party ticket and they said yes. Then I tried and wasn't able to! UGH!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter