HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great find! I never find the good stuff at thrift shops and discount store-it takes a keen hunting eye and patience that I lack :magnify:.

Hah this was literally *walks into store - notices this on shelf - immediately grabs it - sees price- finds hubby to hold it and continues shopping* LOL
It seems whenever I try to actually find stuff it never works out but this was too good to not grab. :)

Thanks for those who helped me with the questiona bout the last week of September! :goodvibes I bought my tickets and booked our hotel! Here's hoping the crowds are still lower that week!

Another question, my 6 y/o wants to be this T-rex for Halloween. It's one of those inflatable things with the air constantly blowing in it. Will this fit the guidelines for the Halloween Party? There's a big square of clear plastic so you can see the whole face, and it said for children masks could be allowed as long as the eyes could be seen. But wanted to double check before plunking down the money.

inflatable-t-rex-halloween-costume-640x534.jpg

Thanks for those who helped me with the questiona bout the last week of September! :goodvibes I bought my tickets and booked our hotel! Here's hoping the crowds are still lower that week!

Another question, my 6 y/o wants to be this T-rex for Halloween. It's one of those inflatable things with the air constantly blowing in it. Will this fit the guidelines for the Halloween Party? There's a big square of clear plastic so you can see the whole face, and it said for children masks could be allowed as long as the eyes could be seen. But wanted to double check before plunking down the money.

Are you planning on riding anything? If so, I can't imagine that costume working well.

My instinct would be no.

In 2014 we went to the Halloween party and watched from IASW plaza. It was awesome! We had a seat, it was not crowded at all and the projections were amazing on Small World. It's one of my favorite memories.

We went again in 2015 and there were NO projections. So disappointing. We were already seated over there and had no time to get to main street. The show definitely didn't feel as special without the projections. I don't know if that was a one time thing or if they didn't do them at in in 2015.

Just wanted to let you know. I even emailed Disney to ask if there would be projections and they didn't answer that part of my question. (The other question was if I could board the monorail in DTD with a party ticket and they said yes. Then I tried and wasn't able to! UGH!)

I'll email and ask if the projections will be back this year and see if I get an answer. If I do, I'll post the reply!

...Another question, my 6 y/o wants to be this T-rex for Halloween. It's one of those inflatable things with the air constantly blowing in it. Will this fit the guidelines for the Halloween Party? There's a big square of clear plastic so you can see the whole face, and it said for children masks could be allowed as long as the eyes could be seen. But wanted to double check before plunking down the money.

My instinct would be no.

I agree wtih lorijohnhill -- I've never seen a costume like this at any of the parties we've attended. Disney really wants the costumes (even before the new guidelines) to be more simple than complicated. Is it possible for your son to be a T-Rex in a simpler costume? He will probably have to go through extra security screening if Disney does allow him to wear that costume.

ETA: Email the photo to Guest Services to ask whether it will be allowed. But be prepared to be told one answer and to receive another on the night of your party. Other people have experienced that in the past.

Last edited:

According to the guidlines.......
Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.

I believe I said that the Parks Blog was going to announce the new parade in a separate blog! I was right! :banana::banana::dancer::dancer:

It should be interesting to see if this new parade impacts the MHP nights selling out faster than they otherwise might have sold out.

Has anyone yet reported that 10/14 is now sold out?

I don't think so... unless I missed it? It wasn't sold out the last time I checked, but I'll make the notation on page 1. Thank you!

Last edited:
I was just coming over here to report it! I am so excited!!!!!! This sounds like a completely awesome parade and I can't wait to see it!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH:love::scared1::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

I like that we're getting some parade gravediggers of our own! WDW has had them for years!

Was browsing the facebook comments on DL's Halloween parade post and OMG the misinformation! Things I have seen in roughly two minutes of browsing...

- higher level AP's get into Halloween parties for free....LOL
- Only New Orleans square is closed for the parties

Where do people hear this stuff??? :rotfl2:

Was browsing the facebook comments on DL's Halloween parade post and OMG the misinformation! Things I have seen in roughly two minutes of browsing...

- higher level AP's get into Halloween parties for free....LOL
- Only New Orleans square is closed for the parties

Where do people hear this stuff??? :rotfl2:

I have noticed that, on Facebook, a large portion of people who comment, rant, rave, complain, etc., have no clue what they're talking about -- and I don't even mean just in regards to Disney-related things. On any page I visit with frequency, I can tell by the nature of the comments that a lot of people don't have the facts and they just want to complain for the sake of complaining, or comment just to have something to say. Or, they mean well and try to be helpful and give out information, but the info is askew and missing some vital pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter