Halloween on the Magic 2013

The cut off for the FE list will be Sept 27th. Any family wishing to join after that may do so with the knowledge that gifts were purchased/made base on closing date numbers. At this time I not planning on splitting the list, but please keep in mind that you do not have to give gifts to everyone individually. You may gifts to one, some, or all--it is entirely up to you!! This will be my 10th and my husband's 11th cruises and we have had 30+ staterooms on all of our cruises. If you wish to only give gifts to 10 families then that is up to you--who you give gifts to is entirely up to you--I just want everyone to enjoy the experience!!

WOW! So you are saying that if someone signs up for the FE, they don't have to provide a gift to some who are participating? Or am I reading this post incorrectly? That just doesn't seem quite fair to all who are planning to do as most FE lists and give to everyone on the list (be it individual, cabin or whatever).................

I'm sorry, but if you sign up for FE list, then you should plan on doing something for every cabin that has signed up in my opinion, not just a few or who you choose to give to! I understand about choosing whether it's a cabin gift, or individual gifts or a combo thereof, but just not giving to some cabins/people cuz you don't want to?

We are up to 15 staterooms. You are more than welcome to do one gift per stateroom if you'd like. I don't anticipate needing to split the list. Once you start splitting lists it gets confusing because some people will want to be on both lists and/or just give gifts to everyone; then you end up with just as long of lists as you started with. If we do an expensive gift or homemade gift we normally do one per stateroom. We usually put our FE gifts in our suitcase then the gifts we receive replace the ones we bring.

I agree. Once you get a bunch of staterooms, it goes from being fun to being work. Vacation is not supposed to involve work.

It's truly NOT that confusing and it allows those who are comfortable with a large list to participate in both lists...............if you are unable to do this, I'd be more than happy to lend you a hand in getting the list split!

And I also agree. When we signed up it was about 15 rooms - thinking it would split, we signed up.......

NOW we have quite a few it seems like that would LIKE to split the group - will you reconsider?

Several of us are having a discussion over on the FB group about how large the FE list has gotten. We were wondering if whoever is in charge of the group would consider splitting the group.....the reasons for this are: 1) Concern about luggage space (both bringing and taking home FE gifts) 2) Concern about cost for so many cabins 3) Concern about time that it takes for delivery since this is a shorter cruise.... 28 cabins is a LOT to deliver in the short time available and could make participation in this FE cost prohibitive for some...............

Hi guys! I'm all for a split too. I'm worried about luggage space and the time it takes to deliver to all.
On my last cruise there were three groups and you could participate in 1,2, or all 3. That way some people were giving to 15 cabins and some were giving to 50! I thought that wads great idea because it caters to everyone .

Thanks people! It's coming up......

I understand the space and time constraints people are worried about. As this is a disboardd function, things need to be discussed on disboards as well. I will need a vote from everyone on disboards as to wether or not they would like it split. If the majority wishes to split the list I will split it tonight. Those wishing to be on both lists will just have to let me know and I will put them on both lists. I will add a column to the FE list to vote.

I'm not trying to be the bad guy. I've done my fair share of cruising and traveling long distances. I just want to make sure everyone has a good time and enjoys this activity on the cruise.

My earlier mention of giving how many and to whomever you wish meant that you are in control of how you give FE gifts--cabin, individual, multi gifts per cruise. It is entirely up to you.

My earlier mention of giving how many and to whomever you wish meant that you are in control of how you give FE gifts--cabin, individual, multi gifts per cruise. It is entirely up to you.

I understand the space and time constraints people are worried about. As this is a disboardd function, things need to be discussed on disboards as well. I will need a vote from everyone on disboards as to wether or not they would like it split. If the majority wishes to split the list I will split it tonight. Those wishing to be on both lists will just have to let me know and I will put them on both lists. I will add a column to the FE list to vote.

Thanks for clarifying that Sarah, I appreciate it - it's just the way that I read it was that you could give to as many as you chose to, but yes, do understand about making it the givers choice as to whether or not you'd like to give individual/cabin or a mix of both (we usually do a mix - cabin gift for adults, and then individual gifts for the kids.............) :)

And you are correct that it needs to be discussed both here and there (FB) as there are some on FB that don't have a DISBoards account and Vice Versa, which is why I brought it up here :)

And thanks for reconsidering - I appreciate it - I've put up your note about the doc having a voting column on FB -

Beverly

Sorry but I don't really understand how the splitting the lists works? Can somebody explain it to me? x

Since we are now at 28 cabins, if the group votes to split the list, it will be split into two lists of X number of cabins............

You will be assigned to one of the lists, but if you choose to join both, you can do that too..............

That way, it makes it more affordable and also easier to cart all that stuff with you to and from............hehehehe - but if you LIKE a bigger list, you can also opt to get added on to both lists...........

Ok so to make sure I have this right for example....

cabins 1- 14 will be on list A and will trade gifts with each other
cabins 15-28 would be on list b and will trade gifts with each other
However if cabin 16 wants they can choose to give FE gifts to every cabin even ion list A as well? x

Ok so to make sure I have this right for example....

cabins 1- 14 will be on list A and will trade gifts with each other
cabins 15-28 would be on list b and will trade gifts with each other
However if cabin 16 wants they can choose to give FE gifts to every cabin even ion list A as well? x

Yep, that's correct - DUH - I read it wrong the first time so I am changing my answer - LOL! And that's my final answer - hehehehe

I just think it makes it better for those who would like a smaller group - they can have one, and also the people who want a bigger one can join both groups - so it's a win-win for everyone............

HI! I just voted. Hopefully it is showing up. I also added my daughter as she was missing on the spread sheet. Thanks!!!!:)

Yes, ma'am, it's there - and also just a reminder to vote - so far it looks like the list will be split so we should know in just a few days how many ppl are in each group -

I'm working on my FE stuff today, figured I could get some done on this lazy Sunday afternoon - hehehehe!

Yes, ma'am, it's there - and also just a reminder to vote - so far it looks like the list will be split so we should know in just a few days how many ppl are in each group -

I'm working on my FE stuff today, figured I could get some done on this lazy Sunday afternoon - hehehehe!

As the votes come in I am working on splitting the lists. I'm starting with those wishing to be on both lists then adding the others as I find out who wants to be on a single list.

The list officially closes on the 27th (one month out from the cruise). On that day, I will make it so that I am the only one able to edit the list. If anyone wishes to add after the closing date, I will add them to a separate list at the bottom, and anyone wishing to give to them may do so. They will join the list, knowing that they may not receive gifts from everyone because gifts were purchased/made based on the closing dates information.

As the votes come in I am working on splitting the lists. I'm starting with those wishing to be on both lists then adding the others as I find out who wants to be on a single list.

The list officially closes on the 27th (one month out from the cruise). On that day, I will make it so that I am the only one able to edit the list. If anyone wishes to add after the closing date, I will add them to a separate list at the bottom, and anyone wishing to give to them may do so. They will join the list, knowing that they may not receive gifts from everyone because gifts were purchased/made based on the closing dates information.

Thanks so much for doing this - I know it's more work, and I do appreciate that it takes time. I will tell a couple of the others over on FB that the list will split as there were one or two who said they'd join if it did split - again, a big THANKS!

Hi Everyone,

I am a bit confused by the list and why my name is now crossed out if we are splitting the list and I would assume I am in a smaller group with only the crossed out names?

I would like to be in both groups if possible because I have already made all of our gifts ... cabin gifts, gifts for the children .... and the cabin gifts especially took me a very long time to make. I made plenty of extras assuming we would have some more add-ons as we always have in the past. Which is why I voted to keep the group together but completely understand why people wanted to split.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter