• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween on the Magic 2013

For a few days we had booked cabana 4 and 6. This was when we thought a bunch of our other family was coming. We gave up #6 a few weeks ago. When i saw that you had it it gave me a little smile.

Awww! Thanks - now we're all smiling now ;):)

Sorry to hear some of your family will not be able to make it but we will gladly take their place for the day - definitely swing by and say hello!! :thumbsup2

Awww! Thanks - now we're all smiling now ;):)

Sorry to hear some of your family will not be able to make it but we will gladly take their place for the day - definitely swing by and say hello!! :thumbsup2

I wrote about the whole thing a few pages back... but it was a last minute "we want to go too" that fizzled out when the reality of money was introduced.

In hindsight we are kind of glad that it didn't happen. Sometimes a large family trip is great. Other times you need to go on a vacation afterwords to get over a large family trip. All things considering, it probably would have been more stress then it would have been worth.

Something else that is ironic - Spiify, who posted about 8 pages back, is in cabanna #5. So there is three of us in a row. :)

Cozumel is proving to be tricky, we are trying to think of something we can take all of our kids (10, 7, 5, 2) to do that isn't going to cost a fortune.

We've been to Cozumel a bunch of times and sometimes just stay and enjoy the less-crowded boat. Last time we grabbed a driver and had a private tour around the island. Wasn't too expensive, and we got to stay as long as we wanted at each stop, do what we wanted, etc. I enjoyed it more than I expected. Afterwards we met up with friends at Carlos & Charlie's for the free wifi and tasty frozen drinks :) The kids surprisingly had a great time - they got to dance, sing, drink giant smoothies out of yard glasses. They want to go back!

We've been to Cozumel a bunch of times and sometimes just stay and enjoy the less-crowded boat. Last time we grabbed a driver and had a private tour around the island. Wasn't too expensive, and we got to stay as long as we wanted at each stop, do what we wanted, etc. I enjoyed it more than I expected. Afterwards we met up with friends at Carlos & Charlie's for the free wifi and tasty frozen drinks :) The kids surprisingly had a great time - they got to dance, sing, drink giant smoothies out of yard glasses. They want to go back!

We went a few years ago (when we only had 2 kids). we did a DIY excursion going to San Gervasio ruins and then Mr Sanchos. Really enjoyed it, though SG can be a lot of walking.

We are thinking about a few of the DCL excursions (Cozumel Highlights and Beach Tour or Mayan Ruins & Discover Mexico Culture Park). My wife really likes the idea of the culture that you can see.... though with young kids it is always a mixed bag.

Today I started looking at Nachi Cocom, which looks very interesting. My wife started reading a bit and was concerned that the beach has a drop off. My response was to do my best Marlin impression "THE DROP OFF?!?!?"

Thought this might be fun:

What things have you signed up for? It would be interesting to know if we have unknowingly signed to do excursions or other things together. Also, it may give ideas for things we haven't thought about doing.

Here is what we have so far:

Palo Brunch on 10/28
Cozumel - nothing yet
Palo Dinner on 10/30
Castaway Cay - Cabanna #4

Cozumel is proving to be tricky, we are trying to think of something we can take all of our kids (10, 7, 5, 2) to do that isn't going to cost a fortune.

10/28 palo brunch
Cozumel Tulun ruins ( may change sound cool to see but sounds like a long trip to get there)
Castaway Cay Cabana #20 Palo dinner

Cozumel Tulun ruins ( may change sound cool to see but sounds like a long trip to get there)

I really want to do talun. But you are right, the long travel time makes hesitant. My brother did it years ago and said once they got there it was amazing.

I really want to do talun. But you are right, the long travel time makes hesitant. My brother did it years ago and said once they got there it was amazing.

I think we will decide a couple weeks from the cruise what to do. If we are tresses from work we may do something more relaxing.

We were lucky enough to get a cabana. I wonder if they save a couple to be booked on board or when you get to Castaway Cay. The reason I say that is if you look at the list of cabanas it doesn't show 16 and 21 being sold out.

Those 6 Cabanas are concierges level Cabanas, only one way to book (traveling Concierge level and might have be quick about booking one but I understand at times they can book one once the cruise started because they haven't filled up BUT more than likely they have)

I think we will decide a couple weeks from the cruise what to do. If we are tresses from work we may do something more relaxing.

We will probably wait to decide as well. The long traveling has us hesitating with Tulun ruins as well.

So far the only thing we have booked is Palo dinner for Pirate night (our least favorite menu) with time to dress up afterwards, deep sea fishing for my husband on Castaway, and a Swedish massage for me.

We will probably wait to decide as well. The long traveling has us hesitating with Tulun ruins as well.

So far the only thing we have booked is Palo dinner for Pirate night (our least favorite menu) with time to dress up afterwards, deep sea fishing for my husband on Castaway, and a Swedish massage for me.

I did deep sea fishing with the kids last year, it was a blast, think between the 3 of us we got over 40 fishes (catch and release). The kids had so much fun (9 and 12).

Pirate night menu is our least favorite menu as well, might see you at Palo's LOL granted the buffet after the pirate deck party is pretty good (Turkey legs... yummm)..

Love a massage, but the spa drives us nuts with their constant attempts of trying to selling oils and cream. NOT INTERESTED all I wanted was a relaxing massage and not a sales pitch afterwards. Don't help telling them before you don't want a sales pitch.. Not done anything by the rain forest in the Spa for a a while now because of the upselling they tend to do.

Hi. So glad I found this thread. We are booked for this cruise. We are first time cruisers. We would like to sign up for the FE. I will pop over to the spreadsheet and enter info.

SOOOOO EXCITED!

Hi. So glad I found this thread. We are booked for this cruise. We are first time cruisers. We would like to sign up for the FE. I will pop over to the spreadsheet and enter info.

SOOOOO EXCITED!

Sounds like you get a double welcome - to the cruise and the forum! I debated using a pun with board (welcome a-board and disboard) but resisted the urge.

Is it time to board yet?

So what's the verdict on the meetup... is it something everyone is interested in? As for Mixology... I will try and only sign up for one class :confused3

Is it time to board yet?

So what's the verdict on the meetup... is it something everyone is interested in? As for Mixology... I will try and only sign up for one class :confused3

We are totally in for the mixology

SOOOOO EXCITED!

Welcome to the cruise!! Your info looks good on the spreadsheet! Once you get a stateroom number just add it onto the sheet.

Hamms husband here. On my two "bottom fishing" trips on Castaway we trailed an injured fish on a steel leader. First time out we caught a 60-80lb grouper. Next trip we caught an 8-10ft reef shark. It was a hoot reeling in the shark.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say hello!! We just booked this cruise to celebrate my daughter's birthday. She will turn 10 on Halloween!! We are huge Disney fans and this will be our 5th DCL Cruise. It will be me, DH, DD (turning 10:bday:) and DS (8).

We have done the FE group on our last 3 cruises and had so much fun!! Can't wait to do it again!!

We went to Cozumel on the Maiden Voyage of the Fantasy and a bunch of people in our group went to Paradise Beach and had a great time. http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/ We are thinking about heading there this time if anyone wants to join us!

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say hello!! We just booked this cruise to celebrate my daughter's birthday. She will turn 10 on Halloween!! We are huge Disney fans and this will be our 5th DCL Cruise. It will be me, DH, DD (turning 10:bday:) and DS (8).

We have done the FE group on our last 3 cruises and had so much fun!! Can't wait to do it again!!

We went to Cozumel on the Maiden Voyage of the Fantasy and a bunch of people in our group went to Paradise Beach and had a great time. http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/ We are thinking about heading there this time if anyone wants to join us!

Welcome to the cruise! I'm super jealous that you were on the MV of the Fantasy! I heard that it ran a lot smoother than the MV of the dream. There is a link to the FE sign up list in my signature.

We're heading down to DL for Clint's birthday. We leave tonight and get back late Sunday night. I can't wait to check out Cars land and all the new stuff! We're also heading to the D23 expo on Saturday! Have a wonderful rest of the week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter