• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween on the Magic 2013

Well it's now official....we are paid in full (no turning back now). Why do you feel super excited when it's paid in full??? :cool1:

Can't wait for Sunday at midnight :thumbsup2

Let's get these conversations in full swing now. Anyone thought about getting a mixology group together or a dismeet?

Well it's now official....we are paid in full (no turning back now). Why do you feel super excited when it's paid in full??? :cool1:

Let's get these conversations in full swing now. Anyone thought about getting a mixology group together or a dismeet?

I think there was talk of a dismeet the embarkation day. What do you say to Promenade Lounge. Time TBD (sometime before sail away). I'll have to check with DVC to see when their meeting will be on embarkation day. We can also gather on Deck 12 above the pool/stage starboard side for the sail away.

Do they always offer the mixology? That sounds so fun!!!!!!

DisneyBaby2004 said:

We are so excited too!!

No way we're missing Mixology - would love if there's a group interested! I'm open to whatever the group wants, but I've heard the meets work better in the lounge than on the pool deck.

When you say Mixology are we talking about the tasting? That is one of the only ones we haven't done yet. We do the tequila and martini tasting every cruise.

When you say Mixology are we talking about the tasting? That is one of the only ones we haven't done yet. We do the tequila and martini tasting every cruise.

The Mixology is a 'class' with 5 different drinks, so I guess it's similar to a tasting. One of the bartenders hosts and teaches how to make each of the drinks and gives basic tips on cocktail making/serving. I should've taken better notes, I was too drunk by the end to remember half of it :X

We were able to check-in and book excursions last night. We got everything we wanted whoa hoo.

Yaay! I checked in last night as well and was pleased to get all we wanted (cabana, Tulum ruins, 11:00am check-in). Also, a parasailing venture for Grammy who chickened out and then regretted it last year.

QUESTION: Does anyone else give gifts to their cast members? We brought stuff last year and decided against it, leaving a heftier tip. Though this year I would like to do some sort of Halloween-themed goodie bag for those exceptional CMs (as well as our servers, etc.). Any ideas?
I know in the past phone cards were popular, but it seems to be outdated now since they all have international phones and/or email to communicate with their loved ones...

If by some crazy chance someone decides they do not want their cabana, please let me know! I had a blonde moment and didn't realize today was the 29th and by the time I logged in they were all gone :(

We were lucky enough to get a cabana. I wonder if they save a couple to be booked on board or when you get to Castaway Cay. The reason I say that is if you look at the list of cabanas it doesn't show 16 and 21 being sold out.

If by some crazy chance someone decides they do not want their cabana, please let me know! I had a blonde moment and didn't realize today was the 29th and by the time I logged in they were all gone :(
Sorry to hear this...:worried:

Last year I was a first time cruiser and all the cabanas were booked (I checked every day until the cruise). I called DCL ahead of time to put my name down on the waiting list; however, when I checked-in on the ship (had a 12:00 check-in time) they said there was no waiting list and I was able to put my name on the list (was third on the list). The day before our day at CC we received a VM on our room phone offering us the room!

Just a little faith, trust + pixie dust sent your way! Good luck!

QUESTION: Does anyone else give gifts to their cast members? We brought stuff last year and decided against it, leaving a heftier tip. Though this year I would like to do some sort of Halloween-themed goodie bag for those exceptional CMs (as well as our servers, etc.). Any ideas?
I know in the past phone cards were popular, but it seems to be outdated now since they all have international phones and/or email to communicate with their loved ones...

Honestly, I have debated this in the past and ultimately I keep just coming back to just cash. I know it sounds so ordinary, but the way someone described it to me was like going out to a restaurant and telling the waiter that 2/3 of the tip is in cash, the rest is in treats.

I just feel like cash can acquire all that other stuff or be used to pay bills. Then again, maybe I am wrong and they do like the bonus gift too.

Thought this might be fun:

What things have you signed up for? It would be interesting to know if we have unknowingly signed to do excursions or other things together. Also, it may give ideas for things we haven't thought about doing.

Here is what we have so far:

Palo Brunch on 10/28
Cozumel - nothing yet
Palo Dinner on 10/30
Castaway Cay - Cabanna #4

Cozumel is proving to be tricky, we are trying to think of something we can take all of our kids (10, 7, 5, 2) to do that isn't going to cost a fortune.

Thought this might be fun:

What things have you signed up for? It would be interesting to know if we have unknowingly signed to do excursions or other things together. Also, it may give ideas for things we haven't thought about doing.

Here is what we have so far:

Palo Brunch on 10/28
Cozumel - nothing yet
Palo Dinner on 10/30
Castaway Cay - Cabanna #4

Cozumel is proving to be tricky, we are trying to think of something we can take all of our kids (10, 7, 5, 2) to do that isn't going to cost a fortune.

Castaway Cay - Cabana #6
Cozumel - Tulum ruins

Castaway Cay - Cabana #6
Cozumel - Tulum ruins

For a few days we had booked cabana 4 and 6. This was when we thought a bunch of our other family was coming. We gave up #6 a few weeks ago. When i saw that you had it it gave me a little smile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter