• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween Horror Nights 2008

doh! that's where I was getting confused, I thought you had to pay for S&S aaand HHN seperately.

So can you be in either park for S&S?

We'll have pre-bought tickets from the UK (most likely on a 7 days for the price of 2 offer or something like that) - are we still entitled to S&S? Does it basically work that as long as somehow you're already in the park, you just need to show your S&S pass for access to HHN?

I've just realised that if we were intending to go twice with the frequent fear pass at $69.99 like we did last time, it would actually be better value for us to get 2 days of S&S at $29.99 per day each wouldn't it? And we'd get in earlier.
So even if we didn't really use them as full park days, and just arrived at say 4.30pm, we could do this, right? (I find I appreciate HHN a lot more if I've had a leisurely day rather than a full park day)

The only thing we'd lose is the flexibility to decide which nights we go once we're on holiday (S&S would require us to pre-decide our nights) and we'd have to go within that 7 days that our park passes are valid.

Hey Meryll,

We have UK tickets, and I just called up Universal, told them this and asked for the stay and scream add on and they sorted it out, no problems :)

I'm planning on arriving about 4pm on the day I'm going to HHN

Hey Meryll,

We have UK tickets, and I just called up Universal, told them this and asked for the stay and scream add on and they sorted it out, no problems :)

I'm planning on arriving about 4pm on the day I'm going to HHN
Awesome, thank you :thumbsup2

I think maybe we'll do it this way. (I'm actually planning way in advance for 2009 but hopefully the pricing structure will remain the same even if the prices increase).

Still can't wait to hear about 2008 theming though!!

I think we'll possibly have a full day of Universalness, then 2 half days before our HHN's and plan it that way.

doh! that's where I was getting confused, I thought you had to pay for S&S aaand HHN seperately.
NO, buy the s & s for a cheaper price

So can you be in either park for S&S?

We'll have pre-bought tickets from the UK (most likely on a 7 days for the price of 2 offer or something like that) - are we still entitled to S&S? Does it basically work that as long as somehow you're already in the park, you just need to show your S&S pass for access to HHN?
you are entitled to buy the s & s since you have the multi day tickets for the parks. call and buy over the phone.
to go to the s & s area when the park is clearing out, show security your hhn tix and you will be directed to the holding area of s & s. your hhn tix will be scanned when you get there to that enclosed area.

I've just realised that if we were intending to go twice with the frequent fear pass at $69.99 like we did last time, it would actually be better value for us to get 2 days of S&S at $29.99 per day each wouldn't it? And we'd get in earlier.
you need a day ticket to get into the park so you can enter the s & s section.
without a day ticket, you can still buy the s & s hhn ticket but would have to stand in line for the park to open at 6:30

So even if we didn't really use them as full park days, and just arrived at say 4.30pm, we could do this, right? (I find I appreciate HHN a lot more if I've had a leisurely day rather than a full park day)

if you are using the 7 day multi ticket, get to the park around 2ish and do the rides. spend the hhn event on the houses then. that way you really get your money's worth on the day tickets.

The only thing we'd lose is the flexibility to decide which nights we go once we're on holiday (S&S would require us to pre-decide our nights) and we'd have to go within that 7 days that our park passes are valid.

that is true.
plan in advance if you want peak or non peak nights.
there are advantages to both of them.
you are correct that the multi day passes expire 6 days after they are first used.

can anyone give me an idea as to when "hell week" is? we are going to be there oct 4-5 for HHN and last year we were there the weekend after columbus day and it was so crowded on sunday its was unbearable. just like to know before i get there if i need to be prepared for a bunch of annoying teenagers.

thanks

can anyone give me an idea as to when "hell week" is? we are going to be there oct 4-5 for HHN and last year we were there the weekend after columbus day and it was so crowded on sunday its was unbearable. just like to know before i get there if i need to be prepared for a bunch of annoying teenagers.

thanks

It is usually the third week in October the 16-19.

I'll be there during this week. What is Hell week?

Oh my... Hell week is when the kids... teeny boppers... have school off Thursday and Friday so it is VERY crowed with screeching children. Next year avoid this week. Get express passes if you haven't already.

Woo hoo! Another b-day HHN celebrant here (although it's not a milestone b-day). I wonder if there is some trend that October babies tend to have a special love for Halloween and haunted houses. I've had that affinity all my life.

We absolutely love HHN and Halloween/October - no October b-days (although mine is close - Nov 1) but our anniversary is October 31st!

Bonny

Just to check,

Think I'm gonna by the 7 for the price of 2 day tickets Universal are currently offering (US site), just to get a good deal :thumbsup2

Can I then purchase S&S tickets online next October (2009) and they will both be compatible with each other for the offer? You don't have to order them at the same time or anything??

Just to check,

Think I'm gonna by the 7 for the price of 2 day tickets Universal are currently offering (US site), just to get a good deal :thumbsup2

Can I then purchase S&S tickets online next October (2009) and they will both be compatible with each other for the offer? You don't have to order them at the same time or anything??

if you are interested in buyint the promo of the 7 days 2 park tickets, i suggest you do so soon.

you never know when the promo will be pulled.
once it is, it will not come back.

you can only buy the S & S tickets for this year.
they are date stamped.

the dates for 2009 HHN are not known yet.

but, you can buy the promo 7 day multi day passes now and say your confirmation number.
then you can buy the 2009 S&S tickets next year.

you have to prove you have valid day tickets in order to get the discounted S&S deal.

anyone can buy S&S hhn tixs, but to get the discount you need to have the day tickets also.

i have the ap, no discount on S&S for me.
discount is different for ap holders.

in case you are wondering, many posters have stated they bought the multi day promo tickets already and waiting for potter field to open before they use them. as long as you have not activated that multi day pass, they will be valid next year.

if you are interested in buyint the promo of the 7 days 2 park tickets, i suggest you do so soon.

you never know when the promo will be pulled.
once it is, it will not come back.

you can only buy the S & S tickets for this year.
they are date stamped.

the dates for 2009 HHN are not known yet.

but, you can buy the promo 7 day multi day passes now and say your confirmation number.
then you can buy the 2009 S&S tickets next year.

you have to prove you have valid day tickets in order to get the discounted S&S deal.

anyone can buy S&S hhn tixs, but to get the discount you need to have the day tickets also.

i have the ap, no discount on S&S for me.
discount is different for ap holders.

in case you are wondering, many posters have stated they bought the multi day promo tickets already and waiting for potter field to open before they use them. as long as you have not activated that multi day pass, they will be valid next year.

Sorry yes, I worded that wrongly, when the time comes I can buy tickets for next October.

I noticed on DU that they have now put up a notice that from tomorrow they cannot guarantee the $79.99 rate anymore and believe Universal are going to up it to $89.99 but they don't know when - so I'm going to buy them now, just wanted to make sure that this time next year I'll be able to buy the S&S add on with these tickets I'm buying today - I am planning in advance aren't I? :thumbsup2

If we do Electronic pickup do we just insert the credit card used for payment to pick them up? What if the card has expired by then and we have a replacement one, will it still work as it's from the same account number?
I did the print at home last year for our HHN tix and it printed really tiny so wouldn't scan and had to be manually input and held everyone up behind us so thought I'd try the electronic pickup instead. Where are the machines located?

Sorry yes, I worded that wrongly, when the time comes I can buy tickets for next October.

I noticed on DU that they have now put up a notice that from tomorrow they cannot guarantee the $79.99 rate anymore and believe Universal are going to up it to $89.99 but they don't know when - so I'm going to buy them now, just wanted to make sure that this time next year I'll be able to buy the S&S add on with these tickets I'm buying today - I am planning in advance aren't I? :thumbsup2

If we do Electronic pickup do we just insert the credit card used for payment to pick them up? What if the card has expired by then and we have a replacement one, will it still work as it's from the same account number?
I did the print at home last year for our HHN tix and it printed really tiny so wouldn't scan and had to be manually input and held everyone up behind us so thought I'd try the electronic pickup instead. Where are the machines located?

We ordered ours a few weeks ago and are doing electronic pick up, then I realised my card will have expired by the time we use them. I gave Universal a call and explained the account number would be the same on the new card but the 3 digit security number on back would be different and they said that wouldn`t be a problem. We may have to go to guest services with the card, vouchers and ID but it would not be an issue.
Think the machines are at the entrance somewhere, but not sure exactly :thumbsup2

yes, the annoucement that the $79.99 promo is to expire very soon
buy them today.

if you change cc after you buy the promo tickets, take that cc and your new cc with you to the park.

go to the kiosk and have your confirmation number with you besides the cc you used for the purchase in 08.

if it shows invalid, due to the expiration or change of cc, go to guest services.

they can issue you the multi day passes that you bought the year before.

all you need is the confirmation #, the old cc and an ID of the person that made the original purchase.

guaranteed that you will recieve the passes then.

yes, the annoucement that the $79.99 promo is to expire very soon
buy them today.

if you change cc after you buy the promo tickets, take that cc and your new cc with you to the park.

go to the kiosk and have your confirmation number with you besides the cc you used for the purchase in 08.

if it shows invalid, due to the expiration or change of cc, go to guest services.

they can issue you the multi day passes that you bought the year before.

all you need is the confirmation #, the old cc and an ID of the person that made the original purchase.

guaranteed that you will recieve the passes then.
Thank you :worship: you are officially the font of all UO knowledge!

Just got them bought now - only 16 months to go!!

They've gone up today - $89.99 now for the 2 park unlimited......

They've gone up today - $89.99 now for the 2 park unlimited......

i told others to buy now the past few weeks.

the blurb ad that is at the top of the UO forums was stating all last week,
limited time for the 7 day $79.99 tickets, expiring soon.

sorry to see the price increase, but the new price is just as much as a deal as the other based on what the tickets would cost at gate rate.

Ooooh we have a couple of case studies on the web site now - sounds intruiging!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter