• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween Horror Nights 2008

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
I was sure there'd be a thread for this somewhere, but I can't seem to see it.

Dates have now been announced and there seems to be much speculation going on at the moment as to what themes we will see - Stephen King being mentioned a lot.

Any official news or rumours abound???

I was sure there'd be a thread for this someone, but I can't seem to see it.

Dates have now been announced and there seems to be much speculation going on at the moment as to what themes we will see - Stephen King being mentioned a lot.

Any official news or rumours abound???
Nothing official until later in the summer. There are always rumours but I don't pay much attention to them. I haven't heard much so far.

Yeah I noticed that there were dates listed, so I was surprised not even one theme has been announced yet.

I suppose they're not on sale yet are they so they don't really have to sell it to us just yet! Mind you, we'd probably all still buy tickets even if we didn't know what was going on! :lmao:

I don't think I've ever been this excited in my life!!

Yeah I noticed that there were dates listed, so I was surprised not even one theme has been announced yet.

I suppose they're not on sale yet are they so they don't really have to sell it to us just yet! Mind you, we'd probably all still buy tickets even if we didn't know what was going on! :lmao:
They won't usually announce the theme until the website starts coming up. We should know something in the next few weeks.

More or less what I'd guessed going on the trend although I had hoped that they would do a Disney & put in some earlier dates! Now just need Busch to announce HoS dates although I think that I may have worked this one out wrong & may have to do the 2 back to back!:scared1:
SD:thumbsup2

i've resigned myself to probably doing MNSSHP & HHN back to back also..what an assult on the senses:lmao:

waiting patiently:hyper: for the AP nights/rates to be released?

any guesses? hoping that the AP nights are announced the same day they release the general tix

so i can buy the MNSSHP tix before they sell out

Are there only certain nights that AP holders can have discounts on MNSSHP then?
We will have AP's for the first time next October, but will only be activating them on arrival, so if we want to go to MNSSHP in a few days time once there(presuming there is availability) can we still preorder somewhere on site to get an AP discount or would we have to pay a gate price? And how many tickets is it valid for, just one per passholder?

Sorry slightly OT there, back to HHNness! I wonder if the ticket prices will have gone up, I know we'll definintely be getting an Express pass, we couldn't have lived without it last year, we probably would have only managed 3 houses!
We bought the Frequent Fear pass last time and just bought an Express pass the second (and last) time we went to make sure we saw it all, the first night we just did 2 houses and 3 shows.

Are there only certain nights that AP holders can have discounts on MNSSHP then? We will have AP's for the first time next October, but will only be activating them on arrival, so if we want to go to MNSSHP in a few days time once there(presuming there is availability) can we still preorder somewhere on site to get an AP discount or would we have to pay a gate price? And how many tickets is it valid for, just one per passholder?

Sorry slightly OT there, back to HHNness! I wonder if the ticket prices will have gone up, I know we'll definintely be getting an Express pass, we couldn't have lived without it last year, we probably would have only managed 3 houses! We bought the Frequent Fear pass last time and just bought an Express pass the second (and last) time we went to make sure we saw it all, the first night we just did 2 houses and 3 shows.

The first part of your question should be asked on the Disney side. ;)

The second part...you are absolutely right about the EP's. I don't go w/o them...even if I've done the houses during an earlier visit.
:thumbsup2

Are there only certain nights that AP holders can have discounts on MNSSHP then?
We will have AP's for the first time next October, but will only be activating them on arrival, so if we want to go to MNSSHP in a few days time once there(presuming there is availability) can we still preorder somewhere on site to get an AP discount or would we have to pay a gate price? And how many tickets is it valid for, just one per passholder?

Sorry slightly OT there, back to HHNness! .

cool phrase:lmao:

i go both ways, think it's hard to separate planning if ur going to hit them both up during a visit...so in answer to ur AP Q re MNSSHP, i direct u to our sponsor;)

http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/halloween.htm#ticketshttp://www.wdwinfo.com/Disneyland/Events/Halloween.htm#halltreat

take note that the discount for AP/DVC is lame @ best imo, virtually the same amount as prepurchase for non-premium nights:rolleyes1 whoop-de-doo, prices as listed do not include tax.

Just to tease you a little...here are some of the houses from years past. Every year I collect the wallpapers from the website. Here are some of my favs:

castle_1024.jpg

hellgate_1024.jpg

ghost_1024.jpg

wp_skool_1024x768.jpg

wp_weh_1024x768.jpg

wp_bodycollectors_1024x768.jpg

screamhouse_1024x768.jpg

run_1024x768.jpg

psychoscareapy_1024x768.jpg

Wow - Thanks Metro - they look amazing!

I've heard really good things about Body Collectors and Psychoscareapy!

They look GREAT!!! I'm starting to get ants in my pants waiting for OCT:thumbsup2

I'm with you!!!!! It's my 40th birthday this year and I could have chosen to do anything I wanted (basically) and I chose HHN 18 !!!!!!!!!!
This'll be our 4th HHN :faint:

I'm with you!!!!! It's my 40th birthday this year and I could have chosen to do anything I wanted (basically) and I chose HHN 18 !!!!!!!!!! This'll be our 4th HHN :faint:
That's an excellent way to celebrate a birthday! :thumbsup2

Woo hoo! Another b-day HHN celebrant here (although it's not a milestone b-day). I wonder if there is some trend that October babies tend to have a special love for Halloween and haunted houses. I've had that affinity all my life.

i posted the dates and prices on another thread in the uo forum.

i'm waiting for ap prices before i buy this year for hhn.

Didn`t want to start another thread so asking on this one. Can someone explain what happens with stay and scream please? We plan to be in the park just after lunchtime on opening HHN but i remember reading somewhere you get put into an area at some point while they get the park ready. Is this right or am i imagining i read that:confused3
Last year we just bought the tickets in the afternoon, then went back to hotel to shower and change and then turned up at opening time. Wish I`d known about stay and scream then:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter