Grand Gatherings & more! 1 year of Disney Dining! Illuminations Grand Gathering 5/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are eating at O'Hana for dinner for the first time in December, I am looking forward to it.

thanks for posting.

I consider this "dining" and we did it so why not review it? :lmao: This cost about $40 per kid. (Way too much if you ask me) I think it used to be twenty something which is a bit more expected for what they get. Don't get me wrong...it's cute and all, just not worth the price they charge!

Parents are not allowed. You bring your kids in and drop them off. This is how the table looks when the kids first sit down. It's really cute!

111MNSSHP08MK161.jpg

111MNSSHP08MK162.jpg

111MNSSHP08MK190.jpg

111MNSSHP08MK191.jpg

111MNSSHP08MK192.jpg

111MNSSHP08MK193.jpg

111MNSSHP08MK160.jpg

111MNSSHP08MK159.jpg

They serve ham and cheese sandwiches, PB & J, grapes, etc. The kids also get a plain cupcake that they get to decorate with icing and Mickey sprinkles. They play games like hide and seek. They have a picture made with the Mad Hatter and Alice (but in ours she had serious red eye!) You would think they'd take a second to repair this. The folder is autographed by the characters and is really cute. Alice and the Mad Hatter do not stay the whole time. DS says they stayed about 20 minutes. When the parents come back in the kids pretend they are sleeping.

111MNSSHP08MK197.jpg

Suddenly they wake up and go surprise and hand over flowers and their picture to their parents. The flowers are pre made by the way. The kids do not make them.

Fun and cute but a one time deal for us! I think we'll try the Aurora Tea Party next time!

Thanks for the 'Ohana review. We'll be there in Nov. (Thanksgiving week) Our 1st time at 'Ohana. Can't wait.

You're gonna love it! But it's gonna get messy! Ya might wanna bring some wet wipes since they wait 'til the end to give 'em to ya. ;)

OneTreeHillAddict your pictures are awesome!

What kind of camera did you use?

Thanks. At Disney I use an Olympus E 500. It does the job. ;)

OTH you guys can eat...man!! you are my kind of girl:thumbsup2 loving this tr...cant wait for more popcorn::

We did on this trip anyway! :rotfl2: I keep putting off my food report but I'll fininsh it up soon. I promise!

we are eating at O'Hana for dinner for the first time in December, I am looking forward to it.

thanks for posting.

What day? Us too. I'm taking my mom and dad...they've never been before!

Those steaks look awesome. Can't wait to try one.

The wings are yummy too and those potstickers.... man oh man! :rolleyes1

We had Breakfast here the same morning as the tea party...at Breakfast you get to meet Alice, the Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Pooh Bear, and Tigger. If you want to see Pooh and Tigger AVOID CRYSTAL PALACE and go here! The food is so much better and the place is cleaner!!!

Mary Poppins sat down with baby DS and talked him into eating his food. Tigger was so playful...maybe too hyper. He was all over the place. Pooh was so sweet and kept coming back over and over. Alice took time to play with DD and she really enjoyed this. The Mad Hatter was cool too but we had to wait on him. He went MIA all of a sudden and it took him forever to come back.

They have the made to order Omelet Bar here. DH loves this! There's plenty of food to choose from...our server was very good too. Never did a drink go more than half empty! Unfortunately we did not take a single pic of the food bar. I do have a few with the characters though...

111MNSSHP08MK172.jpg

111MNSSHP08MK170.jpg

111MNSSHP08MK166.jpg

111MNSSHP08MK165.jpg

Oh here is one pic of the food...sort of. It's the baby's plate.

111MNSSHP08MK175.jpg

Lot's more pics in my big trip report!!!

Next up....dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern on MNSSHP night! (The characters are dressed up!!!)

ah Im looking forward to this review as we are going next year before MVMCP(I know no more characters:sad2: but still interested in the food)

I'm sure they're about to rework the whole place knowing them. I'll have a new update later today. ;) The food is okay, nothing special. We went because of the characters. :laughing:

I'm late, but thank you SO MUCH for the Teppan Edo review! We enjoyed it once when it was Teppanyaki, but we're taking our boys for the first time this year, and I have been looking for reviews.

I'm late, but thank you SO MUCH for the Teppan Edo review! We enjoyed it once when it was Teppanyaki, but we're taking our boys for the first time this year, and I have been looking for reviews.

We LOVED it! The steak was so tender and melted in your mouth! It's a good looking place too and the service was pretty good. We had a bunch of new people earning their ears but they were all great. The kids dishes were the cutest things ever. I wish I had some of those at home!

Another Epcot Snack....

000addEpcot6.jpg

000addEpcot7.jpg

O'Hana

I always tell people...if you like to eat meat you will love O'Hana! This was our second visit and it was just as good as the first (although it has changed a little...) They start you off with some amazing potstickers, sticky wings and salad!

0Epcotsept4th2.jpg

0Epcotsept4th25.jpg

0Epcotsept4th26.jpg

Next they bring out some noodles, broccoli (and I feel like I'm missing something here....???)

0Epcotsept4th27.jpg

0Epcotsept4th.jpg

Next up the skewers!

0Epcotsept4th3.jpg

0Epcotsept4th4.jpg

0Epcotsept4th5.jpg

This is a really good meal! If the kids don't like the stuff you see here they can order other items...cheese noodles, hot dogs, chicken tenders, etc. The dessert we did not try this year. We were stuffed, tired and ready to go. It was the same as last year though and was good...it's some sort of bread pudding.

If you book your seating just right and get a window seat you can catch Wishes during your meal. Last year we did it by accident...this time we did it on purpose. It's so nice to see that during your meal. They also have dances and stuff for the kids (or anyone really). Here's my crowd in the conga line...

0Epcotsept4th24.jpg

We love O'Hana for Breakfast and Dinner! We always have a good time here. I will be going back....The meal came to $87.56 and was one table service on the dining plan.

If you want to read more check out my full on trip report in my signature link. Until next time....:wizard:
Thanks for the info! I have been wanting to try 'Ohana next month but I knew neither of the kids would eat here. If they can get an alternative meal then I might see if I can still get an ADR.

Thanks for the info! I have been wanting to try 'Ohana next month but I knew neither of the kids would eat here. If they can get an alternative meal then I might see if I can still get an ADR.

Oh yeah...I'm pretty sure they were offered Mac n Cheese, Chicken Tenders, Hot Dogs, or PBJ's...maybe a grilled cheese too? They'll make sure the kids are full when they leave. This is a wonderful meal!

It's nice to see the 1900 Park Fare pics. Glad to see the characters were decent. Except the Mad Hatter.

Again I did not get pictures of the food...we were too excited about the MNSSHP I suppose. The food was good thoough...my oldest DS is a picky eater so he complained about the traditional turkey feast and they brought him out Chicken tenders and FF. Our server was good but he wasn't very personal. He did his job well and left it at that. Being it was a MNSSHP night the charaters were dressed up in their costumes....way cute I might add! They were great...they even made two rounds to our table and we weren't there for very long! Here are some pics from that...

111MNSSHP08MK6.jpg

111MNSSHP08MK3.jpg

111MNSSHP08MK10.jpg

111MNSSHP08MK11.jpg

111MNSSHP08MK112.jpg

Next up ~ Kona for Lunch ~ Home of the best Potstickers in all of Disney! (And this time we photographed the FOOD!) :lmao:

Aww looks like you guys had fun at LTT...the characters look so cute dressed up!

Aww looks like you guys had fun at LTT...the characters look so cute dressed up!

Oh it was fun! I'm taking my parents back in December....I supppose this will be our last time eating there as it is now anyway. I'll miss the characters. I'm hoping they will change it up and add someone new.

We'd already tried Kona for Breakfast and it was amazing! Best breakfast I've ever had at WDW so now we were going for lunch. We were a little late. We'd stopped at DHS to get a bunch of those specialty shot pictures and that killed a good half hour. It took about a minute to get seated. Our server started off pretty good but towards the end he disappeared. (To do his closing duties I suppose)

As for the food...for appetizers Sidney ordered the chicken noodle soup (very good)

Sept6th28.jpg

And I ordered the potstickers

Sept6th26.jpg

These were sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo delicious! I tried them at three different places on this trip and Kona's were the best!

Both kids ordered this...

Sept6th29.jpg

Sidney ordered the club

Sept6th31.jpg

He could not eat it....something was on the sandwich that made it taste funny. I was really surprised because Sidney will eat anything but he said this was bad, really bad. Of course this is the time our server is MIA. We asked someone to go and get him but it still took another 15-20 minutes for the guy to come back. He asked how the food was and of course Sidney let him know. He didn't want to offer a replacement but I think he realized he'd have to. He gave the "grill is off" excuse which was total BS...Kona was about to start seating for Dinner! Eventually Sidney got this!

Sept6th32.jpg

And this made him happy.

I ordered the grilled chicken sandwich. It was pretty good. I love the sweet potato chips.

Sept6th30.jpg

For dessert Sidney ordered this for the kids...(they were sick of the same ole junk on every kids menu)

Sept6th34.jpg

And I ordered this...

Sept6th33.jpg

It was sooooooooooooooo good! We love Kona despite the not so great club sandwich. We'll be back!

Next up...Mickey's Backyard BBQ

I'm glad to hear that you have previously enjoyed Kona's breakfast! We are very impressed by the menu and have decided to do this as the one restaurant breakfast that we will do for the trip. We're really looking forward to it!

Got a question on the potstickers....only had duck once and that was 12 years ago and it was a mistake... I thought it was little chicken breasts :goodvibes

Were they gamey or overly ducky? Is there a strong flavor coming through or is it similar to dark meat chicken....

We will be at Kona in a few days and I really want to try these this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter