Grand Gatherings & more! 1 year of Disney Dining! Illuminations Grand Gathering 5/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting the review of Spirit of Aloha. We are going in June and are on the DxDP. This is the only place my mom has requested.

How long was the show? Did your child enjoy it?

I'd say about 2.5 hours. I'm a picky eater. So the food would probably please most people. The kids were into it at first but we're bored midway. DD fell asleep! DS put his head down on the table and dozed off. The baby loved it. I woke the older two up though to watch the fire show. But nah, it wasn't their thing. They loved Mickey's Backyard BBQ though!

Thank you so much for the Tusker House info...we are taking our nieces there (one is a big Daisy lover) in January and the pics look yummy!

You will both LOVE Tusker House. It's busy and loud but the food is amazing and the characters are sooooooooooooooo cute!!!! I rebooked it for December.

We ate at Yak n Yeti when we were there in August too - and I thought those wonton things were the best dessert I had all week! My kids and my dh left the table and I sat there and savored every bite - even the strawberries were delish!!!

popcorn:: subscribing! Great pic's and report. Sorry to here about Primtime cafe. You here that often if you get the server that does the whole 'eat your beans' act it is a fun time.

ok I thought i posted but do not see it.

great update and pics.

the photos are amazing.

Great reviews!!! :thumbsup2

Funny thing--we went to Spirit of ALoha in 2005 and didn't care for it too much either and my family is from Hawaii. I grew up Polynesian dancing (since I was 5 y/o), so luaus are not my thing, anyway. Once you have seen one, you have seen them all--Disney or not ;) But my kids wanted to see it, so we went. The food was ok, and the entertainment...well let's just say my kids agreed with your kids, they fell asleep :rotfl:

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys have done the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review? We are doing the DxDDP next August and want to know how that was. My DDs are 12 and 10 y/o and we all thought it would be fun and as you mentioned, break up the monotony of eating 3 TS meals per day :)

Again, great Food Report so far!!! Love all the food pics :thumbsup2

great reviews and photos!

Thanks! :cutie:

We ate at Yak n Yeti when we were there in August too - and I thought those wonton things were the best dessert I had all week! My kids and my dh left the table and I sat there and savored every bite - even the strawberries were delish!!!

OMG I could so put that dessert away right now!!!!! :rotfl: I wish mine would have left the table so I could have it all to myself.

popcorn:: subscribing! Great pic's and report. Sorry to here about Primtime cafe. You here that often if you get the server that does the whole 'eat your beans' act it is a fun time.

Oh I didn't care if they played a part...as a matter of fact I'd rather them not because I don't eat veggies myself...:rotfl2: But....pre bussing our table and refilling drinks would have been a nice gesture. I waited tables one time...I'm pretty sure that's in the basic job description. :laughing: It was a cute place but I did it. I'm good.

ok I thought i posted but do not see it.

great update and pics.

the photos are amazing.

Thanks Scott. I forgot to update this thread. Bad Tammy! :laughing:

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Thanks for reading!

Great reviews!!! :thumbsup2

Funny thing--we went to Spirit of ALoha in 2005 and didn't care for it too much either and my family is from Hawaii. I grew up Polynesian dancing (since I was 5 y/o), so luaus are not my thing, anyway. Once you have seen one, you have seen them all--Disney or not ;) But my kids wanted to see it, so we went. The food was ok, and the entertainment...well let's just say my kids agreed with your kids, they fell asleep :rotfl:

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys have done the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review? We are doing the DxDDP next August and want to know how that was. My DDs are 12 and 10 y/o and we all thought it would be fun and as you mentioned, break up the monotony of eating 3 TS meals per day :)

Again, great Food Report so far!!! Love all the food pics :thumbsup2

Maybe it puts all kids to sleep? :lmao: I have not tried the HDDMR yet. I have it planned for August '09 though. It doesn't sound like something I'd like a whole lot but I think my parents will. The backyard BBQ is great though. We enjoyed that! And that kills 2 table services too!

I will be updating this TONIGHT! It kind of slipped my mind. :confused3 See you all after One Tree Hill...meanwhile you can go ahead over to my Trip Report and see the "next" segment there.

really enjoying your reviews. Your children are beautiful. They really look adorable in their outfits at the Spirit Of Aloha show. :goodvibes

For years we'd wanted to try out Cape May Cafe but we never had time. This time with deluxe dining we made it a must do. It was great!!! The food, the service, the characters....we loved it all. The buffet had something for everyone and it was easy to get to. Not crowded at all like some buffets at Disney. The characters were all dressed up so cute in swimsuits! I didn't take any pics of the bar or our plates but I do have a couple of the characters.
EpcotDay285.jpg

EpcotDay281.jpg

EpcotDay280.jpg

I also have this cupcake picture...they brought it out for our anniversary. Baby DS ate it up!

EpcotDay283.jpg

For Lunch we had...
EpcotDay234.jpg

Sorry to say it but this restaurant gets way too much hype. It's good but it's nowhere near as good as the Japanese Steakhouse...Teppan Edo. I had a filet at both and TE was a LOT better. I think it gets the reputation because it's super small and it fills up fast. (Making it hard to get into) And when this happens....well, people want it more and then it's in demand.

Anyway, I ordered the mushroom filet and it did not come medium well as ordered but moreso medium. Still good and I ate it instead of taking a chance on it getting burned again like last year.

EpcotDay238.jpg

Sidney ordered this...and he said it was yum!

EpcotDay237.jpg

DD got this and loved it!

EpcotDay235.jpg

And DS got this....said it was "okay". I think he was sick of the same meal three times a day.

EpcotDay236.jpg

We had the goofiest waiter ever. He was really bad but the good thing is...he kept disappearing and when he'd leave he left a friend of his in charge...that guy was great and got us everything we needed. So it all worked out. We had great service, just not from our server if that makes sense. LOL

Oh, for apps...I didn't even take pics this time but I ordered the Duck. Sidney had it last year and it was delicious. This year it was completely different and looked disgusting. None of us would touch it! Sidney ordered the Cheese soup. I had this last year and it was gross but this year it was really good! I don't get it? It was time for dessert and that's always good here! I ordered the Choclate Mousse so the kids could have that.

EpcotDay239.jpg

EpcotDay240.jpg

And Sidney ordered the cheescake...

EpcotDay241.jpg

EpcotDay243.jpg

The meal came to $121.01 It was pretty good for lunch and we will probably come here again next year with our family. However if I were only dining in one or two Epcot places this would NOT be one of them!

Epcot has some great snack options! This is some of what we saw (and ate) in France!

EpcotDay250.jpg

EpcotDay251.jpg

EpcotDay252.jpg

EpcotDay253.jpg

Here are some pastries in Morocco.

EpcotDay267.jpg

EpcotDay268.jpg

EpcotDay269.jpg

Up next...more delicious snacks and O'Hana for dinner!!!!

Another Epcot Snack....

000addEpcot6.jpg

000addEpcot7.jpg

O'Hana

I always tell people...if you like to eat meat you will love O'Hana! This was our second visit and it was just as good as the first (although it has changed a little...) They start you off with some amazing potstickers, sticky wings and salad!

0Epcotsept4th2.jpg

0Epcotsept4th25.jpg

0Epcotsept4th26.jpg

Next they bring out some noodles, broccoli (and I feel like I'm missing something here....???)

0Epcotsept4th27.jpg

0Epcotsept4th.jpg

Next up the skewers!

0Epcotsept4th3.jpg

0Epcotsept4th4.jpg

0Epcotsept4th5.jpg

This is a really good meal! If the kids don't like the stuff you see here they can order other items...cheese noodles, hot dogs, chicken tenders, etc. The dessert we did not try this year. We were stuffed, tired and ready to go. It was the same as last year though and was good...it's some sort of bread pudding.

If you book your seating just right and get a window seat you can catch Wishes during your meal. Last year we did it by accident...this time we did it on purpose. It's so nice to see that during your meal. They also have dances and stuff for the kids (or anyone really).

We love O'Hana for Breakfast and Dinner! We always have a good time here. I will be going back....The meal came to $87.56 and was one table service on the dining plan.

If you want to read more check out my full on trip report in my signature link. Until next time....:wizard:

Thanks for the 'Ohana review. We'll be there in Nov. (Thanksgiving week) Our 1st time at 'Ohana. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter