Grand Gatherings & more! 1 year of Disney Dining! Illuminations Grand Gathering 5/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great reviews and pictures! Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

Thank you for stopping by. :)

I think next year we are gonna try and do the Christmas Party & activies next year ! Hoping that they may offer another military deal in 2011 , if not we will still be on the lookout for a great deal durning Nov. or Dec. . Keeping my fingers crossed that we both find great deals for 2011 !

We love SS also ! Can't believe the boys didn't like anything there, they have such a selection :confused3

Great Illuminations GG pictures , that restaurant def looks like a hidden gem . Wish they still used it for regular dinning, I bet it would get a lot more use that way :)

Can't wait to hear about 50's Prime Time popcorn::popcorn::

Once again so glad to have you back doing a little reporting :goodvibes

My boys like junk food...but DD on the other hand, she will eat steak w/ veggies over chicken nuggets any day of the week! It would be cool if the Odyssey was open for business again all the time.

Really love the reviews - thanks!! :goodvibes

Thanks. Plenty more coming. :thumbsup2

Today was a busy one for our little group. Some Dis friends of ours were trying out for the American Idol experience, and Lou WON!!! I promised his sweet other half I'd post these for her. Sorry it has taken forever but better late than never right? This was our first time at the AIE. I'm not an American Idol by any means but this was a fun show to watch. Here's our friend Lou.

Aug2915.jpg

Aug2913.jpg

Aug2911.jpg

Aug296.jpg

Aug297.jpg

Oh and you gotta check this out...they went around the crowd before the show and filmed the people in line. Front and center is Colleen's crowd! Love these pictures.

Aug293.jpg

Aug294.jpg

My first 50's PT experience was awful. I said then I'd never go again. We had a horrible server, well, actually I can't say that. She was so MIA the whole time I should say WE DID NOT HAVE A SERVER! Anyway, my hubby loves the food and atmosphere so I gave it another run. This time we had a great lady wait on us. I don't remember her name but she had short blonde hair and was probably 35-40 years old.

Once again I ordered the huge serving of fried chicken and shared it with my boys. There was plenty to go around!

82915.jpg

Sidney ordered his favorite...

82916.jpg

And I'm pretty sure he liked it!

82917.jpg

For dessert we split one of these...cracker jacks on a brownie, odd, but good.

82920.jpg

I will say this place is hit or miss. The food has been pretty consistent all three times I dined here. The service has went from awful/nonexistent to great and then just okay. We love anything retro and the food isn't bad at all. If you're going for that reason you will have a good time, but if you're going for entertainment you may not be so lucky.

Next we head to the Magic Kingdom! Lunch at Tony's and dinner at Kona!

Nice 50's Prime Time review :thumbsup2

Glad to hear you had a better experience the second time around :thumbsup2

We also had a similar experience to yours the 1st time we ate there and haven't been back since :( Now I know there is hope for a better service !

The Fried Chicken looks soo yummy , I would def have to order that & the Dessert for myself !

I wonder if we had the same server...ours was MIA as well! we had to ask other servers for silverware, drinks...so it kinda runied our group from wanting to go back :sad2: but we all liked our dinners, maybe someday we will give another try :rolleyes1 thanks for the info! great reviews!

Nice 50's Prime Time review :thumbsup2

Glad to hear you had a better experience the second time around :thumbsup2

We also had a similar experience to yours the 1st time we ate there and haven't been back since :( Now I know there is hope for a better service !

The Fried Chicken looks soo yummy , I would def have to order that & the Dessert for myself !

I always order double mash no beans and I've yet to have any of them say a word about it. I must have one of those don't mess with me faces. :rotfl: The plan, for now, is to again this next trip. It's always an adventure at 50's Prime Time.

I wonder if we had the same server...ours was MIA as well! we had to ask other servers for silverware, drinks...so it kinda runied our group from wanting to go back :sad2: but we all liked our dinners, maybe someday we will give another try :rolleyes1 thanks for the info! great reviews!

She's an older woman, prob 5'4-5'5, a little chunky, dirty blond hair, and rough sounding voice. We had to ask other servers for everything. Finally at the end of the meal my husband went and got a manager. He apologized for her behavior. I know she's still there though. We saw her last time we ate in there. Once again everyone else was doing everything for her tables. Back when I waited tables I would have been scared to do this, for the fear that my tables would walk out and leave me with their bill.

The food though, always consistent.

the description fits, but I cant remember her voice....she didnt talk to us much :lmao:

we have an upcoming trip in September and when I mentioned 50's my family all kinda gave me the "are you freakin kidding me" look, so its safe to say a return trip may be awhile :rolleyes: sad cause I really liked the chicken, lol!

Thanks for the photos! They look great!

I forgot we both went to 50s Prime Time on the same day - and we both got fried chicken! :rotfl:

the description fits, but I cant remember her voice....she didnt talk to us much :lmao:

we have an upcoming trip in September and when I mentioned 50's my family all kinda gave me the "are you freakin kidding me" look, so its safe to say a return trip may be awhile :rolleyes: sad cause I really liked the chicken, lol!

Ha ha. Sounds like me when my hubby suggested it again. I don't mind it though. At least there's a bar. If I get really thirsty I can make them refill my drink. :rotfl:

Thanks for the photos! They look great!

I forgot we both went to 50s Prime Time on the same day - and we both got fried chicken! :rotfl:

I forgot too. If I didn't have the pictures uploaded with the dates already I'd be clueless. I need to keep journals again like I used to.

subbing.. mental note... page 14.. need to finish reading, lol.

Thanks for giving me GREAT ideas on where to eat with my trip... I have been tossing a few places in the air but after reading your report so far...I've mad my decisions. I'd love to eat at a few of the rare places, but unfortunately I have picky eaters going with me and have to make sure we eat at places that satisfy them. Be back to continue reading another time..until then....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter