Got the 2010 'year long' PINcode after following a DIS-tip

I am going to try it, I have nothing to lose. I signed DH up a few weeks ago and ordered the planning kit in his name but still no pin. I am getting desperate, I need to book something for next year, not b/c I am afraid of it booking up I just dont have anything for my ticker! :confused3

Us too...Soooooo frustrating!!

I am begining to wonder if its more than saving a vacation quote from the website?? For instance maybe its based on user profiles as well, such as where you live, how many times have you been to WDW, since when. I say this (not to brag) but I just saved one quote and never ordered any maps or DVDs and the other day I got the 40% PIN. It would be fairly easy for Disney to pull certain profiles of people who have a saved quotes maybe based on some marketing data of who will likely take advantage of the promotion?

That said in my profile, I have that we have visted twice since 2002. I also have a Michigan address. Maybe we can compare those user profiles who did get the PIN vs who didn't get the PIN???? Just an idea..

There has to be a reason based on some kind of data or SOMETHING that certain people get the PIN and others do not. Maybe its just the IT guy in me, but I just can not believe it is totally random marketing.

Would someone please share what website URL you are all using to look at and save offers in hopes of getting a pin?

data
There has to be a reason based on some kind of data or SOMETHING that certain people get the PIN and others do not. Maybe its just the IT guy in me, but I just can not believe it is totally random marketing.

I received my pin Oct. 19. The only thing I did was put a couple of properties in my account to save them. I did not answer a survey or order maps, nothing. They sat there for sometime. I went in and booked my dining reservations at a later date. Shortly after after making dining reservations I received my 20/30/40 pin.

Would someone please share what website URL you are all using to look at and save offers in hopes of getting a pin?

^^^ www.disneyworld.com Create an account, if you don't already have one, and play around in there. That's what people are suggesting. We've tried this to no avail. :sad2:

I also have a Michigan address. Maybe we can compare those user profiles who did get the PIN vs who didn't get the PIN???? Just an idea..

^^^ I totally agree with you. I think it's got more to do with specific zip codes and/or profiles. I always look at the "location" of the posters here who say they've received it. I've noticed a lot of people receiving "the code" have been from middle America (north to south). I think there were a couple of people from NJ too, but I've yet to see anyone from the northeast or west coast talk about getting this PIN.

I played around in the site a couple of weeks ago and got a pin the other day. It was the 20/30/40 one. I didn't save anything but the email had the resort I was pricing.

I am PA too.

After reading this thread and the other about the year long 2010 code I had that weird feeling that I had seen that email in my inbox but hadn't realized it was a code! :scared1:

Sure enough, I went back through my emails from about a month ago and there it was! :goodvibes

I received it after I booked my March 2010 room only reservation online. It was "Explore your resort pick, ________ Family" and had out reservation into at the top, info about CSR under that and way off at the right side i9n fine print was a "special offers" section! :thumbsup2

I called at applied the code to our March CSR reservation and saved $500! Considering we are going March 23-31 I think that is fantastic savintgs (with a few nights falling under the "easter" rate).

I forgot to ask if the code can be used for more than one stay! If that is the case I just might have to book in a may trip too ;)

Freaking out!!!! I saw that I had an email from Disney Destinations and all it turned out to be was Free Shipping from PhotoPass!!!

I created an account on Disney's site in my name and saved rates, filled out the surveys, made maps...but didn't get a PIN. So I signed my husband up for an account and saved a few dates. A few days later the famous 2010 PIN showed up in HIS email! Go figure. We live in Florida about 2.5 hrs from Orlando and our last trip to WDW was in 2005.

I used the PIN to book WL next June. Didn't have any trouble at all using it - as soon as the CM entered the number he said "that's good for most of 2010". He also said we could use it to book multiple trips. We were planning on staying offsite for our February weekend, but may call back and book onsite now.

Each time you're in your account, price out vacation packages for your dates w/ different resorts, dining plan, etc. then at the bottom, click "save". Then if you go back to the main page, a box will pop up asking you why you aren't booking your trip. You can choose from a bunch of options and then at the bottom you can type something in. I always put something like "we're still undecided and waiting to see if there may be a promotion".

Thanks for all the help!! I am trying and trying and never get this option.

What am I doing wrong?:goodvibes

Thanks for all the help!! I am trying and trying and never get this option.

What am I doing wrong?:goodvibes

check to make sure your internet browser isn't blocking pop ups? I have mine set to block pop ups, as soon as I un blocked it.. went back, saved a ressie, then click somewhere else on the WDW page and the survey box came up.. :thumbsup2

WOO HOO. I followed this tip too. A month ago I got my dates but with a pin code that ended in Dec. I've been playing around in my account since. Called yesterday to see if I had a new pin. The cm held a reservation for me until today. And just now a PIN code came in.

I'd finally 'almost' convinced my husband that we should stay onsite and we were thinking ASMusic family suite but now I think we're going to go with Beach Club or Boardwalk.. hmm... all the decisions!

THANKS DIS!

Just got the 2010 40/30/20% code after saving 2 trips and taking the survey. Called to apply it to my January stay- not to be used with Passholder bookings. They consider a Passholder booking to be a special rate, even though it was not cheaper than the online quote. The only advantage to that was that I could add dining. So I guess the PIN is of no use to me as I will have an SP. I will call back tomorrow to see if another CM tells me any different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter