Got My Suitcase and a Dream – A DCP Adventure Updated 1/28

I recently discovered your trip report, and I am really enjoying it. I am trying to talk my daughter into doing a DCP. She graduates from high school next year. Can't wait to hear more.

Cruise Day 1 Pt 2

After dinner we went to the tree lighting and it was just packed. We didn't get out of dinner soon enough to get a good spot. It was super cute though, they were all dressed in their Christmas attire singing Christmas carols.

Before we went to see the show for tonight we browsed the shops. I already started picking out what I was going to purchase myself, cause cm discount. Then at 8 we were allowed into the theater. The show didn't start till 8:30 and the lack of sleep was taking a toll on us. Streets of gold ended up playing and alish and I reminisced on our childhood. We use to pack up all our clothes in a suitcase and hang them from the staircase, we would always fight over who would dance to streets of gold. We were literally the weirdest children ever and now I'm starting to understand why I don't have friends.

The first show was interesting. It was all about the different things we will experience on the cruise from the workers, to dining, to entertainment. There was a juggler, mike price who would be having a show later on in the cruise and he was my favorite part from the whole show. He was AMAZING and had the audience laughing non stop. At first he seemed like he was just drunk and crazy, but he was actually really funny.

After the show we headed to downstairs to look around and played around. Then it was back to the room to put fat pants on and head back downstairs for the holiday party.

Before the cruise I had thought I would dress nice and hang out at the winter ball. But this is real life and I'm a bum. One our way down we passed through what would be one of my favorite sections of the ship, Route 66. It is just themed so nicely.

We got to the atrium super early so why not take classy photos by the tree?

We grabbed a spot behind the ropes and took a seat because we still had about 15-20 minutes. One of the CMs came around and asked why everyone was sitting because this was a winter ball, which means dancing. No one got up until it was time for the show.

They put on a holiday show in the tiny foyer and one things about a cruise is that cast members are always hanging out on the ship even when they weren't working. We spotted the main guy from tonight's show watching his friends perform, he was definitely easy to spot because we had these eyes that literally pierced threw your soul…

Peter our cruise director started the show off. He wasn’t Darren but he definitely grew on me throughout the cruise

This guy was my favorite entertainment performer, he would be woody for the toy story the musical show. He was so good, but that’s for a whole other day

And what would Disney be without the sisters I’ve come to dislike?! They’re so popular that if you wanted to meet them then you needed to get a special ticket.

To finish off the night Santa arrived!

And of course he brought the snow with him

After the show we headed up to deck 9. Everything was pretty much closed so we I got some hot chocolate and headed back to the room.
I forgot how dreadful the shower situation was. Everything about a cruise stateroom is small, so that brings a lot of joy.
I drank my hot chocolate and watched cars. Then it was time to get some shuteye before another busy day at sea

Continue to Next Post

I haven't commented before now, but this is one of the most fun trip reports I've ever read! You seem to really embrace this whole, wonderful adventure and I love the support you get from your family. I'll be sorry when it ends and thank you for sharing your experiences!! :cool1:

Cruise Day 2 Pt 1

Today alish woke me up at 8:30. My eyes were not excited about this wake up call and it was just way to bright in our room. We all got up and ready and headed to the oceaners club open house. It was cute, neverland themed, but kind of tiny.

Then it was time for us to eat because eating is the most important thing about a cruise. Off to beach blankets we went. The princesses were out and greeting

The one thing I was looking forward to was potato cakes. We ate so many on the dream so I sad when there was none. Why you got to be like that Wonder?

We headed back to the room and opened up our Christmas package from ma and pa (Thank you my dear parents) Then it was time to go to some music trivia. Before trivia started they were finishing up wheel of fortune. It was _ _ _ _ _ the _ _ _
I'm pro and knew it right away, the people who were playing were not as good.

Then it was time to test our Disney music knowledge. The best part about this was that we could "sabotage" aka tell the cm to stop the music once we knew what it was. The only one that I was questionable about was he's a tramp but I told alish to put it down so we actually had something down. Turns out it was right. We almost had a perfect score but we missed out on 3 bonus points because we don't actors who voiced characters.

But we were winner and each got a medal. The same medal that I wanted from running the castaway 5k but I only had to be Disney smart to win it and I will gladly except being Disney smart.

Then it was off to bingo. I went with alish and randy for moral support. There was no such winning here but it was a fun time. The workers on the cruise know how to throw a party, but like I've never gone to a bingo where there is so much fun to be had.

We headed back to our room and got changed. It was time to lay by the pool and eat some more food. When we got back to the room we found some Pixie Dust in our Fish Extender.

There’s just something about being out at sea that I love.

Todays lunch was from Plutos dog house, we got our food and headed up to deck 10

I ended up falling asleep by the pool. It was a little cloudy with a nice breeze but the sun was still shining.

After we woke up we grabbed some ice cream to cool down then got ready for the deck the deck tropical holiday party.
On a side note parents need to watch their kids. Cms were picking kids out to do activities for the party and some parents were letting their children go under the rope to join. One little girl ran up on stage and pushed chip in the butt while her mother tried taking pictures/videos. The poor cast members had to keep getting kids that weren’t choosen who were just jumping out of the pool and onto the stage.

At the end of Deck the Deck mickey led a conga line

And at that point I don’t know how life could get any better

After deck the deck we went to see guardians of the galaxy. Of course we were getting their right when we the lights went off and let's just say the lighting in the theater was not all that great.
The movie however was better than I expected. I had really no clue what the movie was about. The main guy was quite the funny guy. And my favorite part was definitely the ending when he breaks out into a dance and sings "oh child things are gonna get easier...listen to the words"

Continue to next Post

Cruise Day 2 Pt 2

After the movie it was time to get ready for dinner. PIRATE NIGHT, meaning double dinner and I was not knowing how that would go.
We watched the new football movie with Kato from the hunger games, When the Game Stands Tall. But not for long till we had to run down to dinner. We were one of the first people at tritons and were one of the last to leave.

The pirate night meal is probably one of my favorite meals on the cruise. Pot stickers, jerk chicken salad, BBQ ribs and crepes. Same meal as the last cruise and still good.

Tonight I was laughing so much that I was literally in tears. One of the biggest conversations was about alishs relationships over the year and people we went to school with. Just a walk down memory lane.
This pirate night was way better then the dream, tonight there was a big parade in Tritons with pirate flags and limbo. Yes! I’m all about this pirate life.

At the very end of the night Joel told us about tomorrow and how tonight we set our clocks back tonight. Then about pirate night and how there will be a pirate buffet. He made sure to tell me that there would be a crepe station as well. Then as we left he gave me a high five and no one else. Pretty much our sticky date pudding started a great relationship.

We then headed to see the juggler, Mike Price and he was so good. He is just so funny. He was a mix between shaggy from scooby doo and drop dead Fred.

Then it was time for the show tonight. It was an illusionist name Scott Pepper. At first I was skeptical about the show but then he was british and cute so it was ok. I just want to know how you did all the tricks.
One thing I noticed tonight was that both juggler and pepper both told kids never to stop dreaming. As to be expected when you are hired by Disney.
At the end our cruise director Peter told us about the fireworks and how we might see more boats surround us to use us for our fireworks because they were to cheap to get their own. But it was ok because sharing is what Disney does.

Soon it was time for the pirate party to begin. I remember not being such a big fan. But I found the wonder having a better entertainment dance party. When we first got up to deck 11 they were playing a game on the big screen. It was like a big kinect game where everyone lined up in a line and they had to run from right to left collecting coins. It was quite entertaining

Then it was time for the real party to start

Pirate Mark was the most entertaining cm ever. We noticed him during the sail away party and then as well as bingo. He had the most distinctive hairstyle, really curly hair parted to the side. Classy. Tonight he was one of the hosts for the dance party and he was just killing it. How those pirates danced hardcore for a good hour beats me.
At the end Mickey flew down to save the day and the fireworks went off. These fireworks had a better soundtrack then the regular pirates of the Caribbean instrumental.

The food zombies all headed towards the pirate buffet. Literally everyone had become a food zombie. So much food.

We could also feel the ship rocking as we swayed side to side. No sea legs go away! Must eat more so we don't get sick.

Pirate night was over by the time we finished eating second dinner. We went back to our room and hung out. Andy said the funniest thing I think he has ever said, it's not really disboards friendly but I laughed so hard for a good 5 minutes straight I felt like I was going to puke.
So we headed to the theater to see if big hero was playing in the theater. It was but it was already into the movie so we headed to get some hot chocolate. That's when the cm pirates were still having a show on deck. Turns out they were having rehearsal, how strange. But once again we found Bug eyes hanging out watching his friends.

We grabbed some hot drinks and headed back down to our room. Harold made us a cute monkey tonight

Alish was flipping threw the channels and we ended up watching the Sherman brothers documentary, I've already seen it but it still makes my heart hurt. The part when Richard talks about how he use to go to Walt's office every Friday and sing feed the birds even after he passed away because it was what we did every Friday when he was alive makes me so sad.

I didn't watch the whole thing because I knew our breakfast would be arriving at our room at 7:30, yay room service.

Continue to Next Post

Cruise Day 3

This morning our breakfast arrived right on time. I still slept though the guy bringing our food in, it was too early for me to wake up. When I did they forgot to bring me jam for my bagel so I had to eat just a plain cold bagel.

We got ready and headed off to Cozumel Mexico.

It was really not all that fun. Our port was at the shopping mall type thing with everyone trying to sell you things. That's really not my cup of tea. If I were able to save up more before the cruise I would have probably wanted to do an excursion.

Merry Christmas from Mexico

Overall Mexico wasn't all that great so by 11 we were back on the boat.

We hung out in the room for a bit because no food places were open for lunch until noon so we watched more of the Football movie. I got sucked in. Who would have thought that? But really, I’m not a sports person.
At noon we headed up to deck 9 and got some lunch at beach blankets. It was quite delicious.

They had Sticky Date Pudding for Dessert!!!!! YESSSS

They must have been switching out CMs because there were about 15 new cms having lunch together with earning my ear badges on. Which then made sense to way they had a pirate party rehearsal last night.

We went and laid out in the sun for a good hour. I fell asleep twice in that time and each time I woke up to something loud. The first time they were working on something on the ship and the second time Hercules started playing.

We watched some of the movie then headed back to the room to shower and go to the theater to watch Alexander's no good very bad day. It was cute and pretty funny.

We went back to the room but stopped by a party we heard going on. Pirate Mark was hosting a kids party with Sophia and jake. We only watched for a little bit because pirate mark and his curly hair.
It was time to get ready for dinner. But first we watched the Norwegian cruise line sail away

We watched another documentary about Disney movies and I was once again engrossed in it. Alish went to get her hair braided, randy went with her and I watched the documentary.

She ended up not getting her hair braided because we needed to get to dinner. We were back at tritons tonight. It was the fancy French inspired meal with escargot. However I got some deep fried Brie, potato leak soup, and filet.

At the very end of the night Joel brought us 2 desserts and I didn't even want the one. But I am on a 3 night streak of choosing his favorite dessert.
Then he came over to do some magic tricks. I was trying to eat my dessert but he insisted that I be his helper. So I held onto his wrist and he made coins disappear. Then he did some napkin folding and said how he has a friend name mikey, which he later gave me to keep as a souvenir. Randy was unimpressed with how he only involved me in everything, sucks to suck.

After dinner it was time for Toy Story The Musical, I have been waiting for this show since we booked the cruise. TOY STORY!!! It was super cute and the guy who played woody was super cute and had an amazing singing voice. Can't complain there.

Sea legs were in full effect and I felt like I was sitting in star tours during the show. Everyone was stumbling trying to get out of the theater it was that bad. How did the performers perform like they weren't effected by the rocking, beats me but I give them mad props.

Randy made a purchase at the shop and we found out we get our 40% discount. So I will be making a few purchases.
We went back to the room to get our "fat" pants on. Then headed down to wave bands for adult entertainment for the night. It was chilly so I ran back to the room to grab a sweatshirt. But as I was leaving the room a cm stopped me to check my stateroom card to make sure I was 18 or older. Baby face for life. As I ran back to the room I saw Scott pepper busting a move in the hallway, see ya soon.

I came back to wave bands and it was time for Scott pepper and another round of *clap clap* black magic! This guy is just entertaining and good at his job. Tonight was a lot of audience participation and close up magic. And I was pretty entertained.

The best trick of the night was when he had 4 people come up to the stage. He had each of them choose a color marker and coloring in part of a picture of a vinylmation. While each of them took their turn Scott Pepper had his back to them and stared down an audience member. Once it was completed there was a box hanging off from the easel and when he opened it there was a huge vinyl that matched the coloring of the picture they just drew. He also had a person from the audience make sure that there was nothing else in the box… like that’s some real black magic.

Following Scott pepper was match making game. It was a lot of very personal questions but it was a night full of never ending laughing.

We headed back to our room and tonight we would be losing an hour of sleep as we made our way closer to Castaway Cay. To finished off our night we watched Babes in Toyland because Annette and it's just a classic.

Continue to Next Post

Cruise Day 4 Pt 1

Tonight alish tried waking us up at 8:30 to try to go to breakfast at tritons which was only opened until 9:30 but that didn't work. It was overcast and a bit chilly so we slept in. We woke up a little after 10 and headed straight to blankets before the breakfast buffet was shut down.

The wind on deck 9 was crazy. It was so chilly and not at all like yesterday. We ate inside then headed back to our room. Our plan today was to lay out all day but that was not what would be happening with the lack of sun and warm temperatures. So we turned on the tv, watched beauty and the beast and fell back to sleep. I was exhausted and never wanted to wake up. I think the rocking of the boat was also not helping.

We headed back up to deck 9 to grab some lunch. There we saw our waiter Filipe working at the drink station handing out hand wipes. When we got our food we took it too the movie theater because....BAE-max! It was packed! Big hero 6 was a big hit with alish and randy. And still great the second time around.

We headed back to our room and watched brother bear and toy story as we got ready for dinner. We received some more pixie dust as well

Tonight was formal night and the golden mickeys.
It was also the last “new” restaurant in the rotation, tonight we were eating at animators palete and it was so much better here than on the dream.

At the very end of the dinner all the waiters went into the back flip over their reversible vests and came out and did a parade around the restaurant with sorcerer Mickey, plus it was the fantasmic soundtrack so that is also a plus. Joel passed us the first time and randy was mad because he only gave me a high five...sucks to suck. But then they came around again and both him and Felipe gave us high fives.

Then it was time for some golden mickeys! This was my favorite show on the last cruise so I was excited to see it again.

But we had time so I made a purchase with my 40% discount. Happy Merrytime cruise

We still had time before the doors opened at 8 so we hung out in the little lobby.

The Golden Mickeys brought some magic to families. We watched a dad light up when his daughter got chosen to be a dwarf, it was one of the precious things ever.
It was a little different from the dreams version. But the guy who was woody was still rocking it. Bug eyes, crazy smile was still able to stare into my soul. And Tarzan was just something to talk about.

Continue to Next Post

Cruise Day 4 Pt 2

After the show we headed back to our room, checked out the activities for our last full day on the navigator then headed down to wavebands to watch Scott price the juggler. He was still funny and still amazing! Like some of the things he did were not even doable but he did them. He was able to balance a club on his chin while continueing to juggle. Then pop that club up to his nose then to his forehead while still juggling. The best part was about to come when he let the club fall back behind him off his head, he then kicked it with his foot over his head and used that club in his juggling sequence he was doing the whole time.
Following the juggling was country night. The night entertainment director came out saying that they had some dancers to start the night off. Neither of them were pirate mark or woody so we left.

We played around the atrium for a good amount of time. Just taking pictures and dancing around because we could.

Classiness at its finest

Then we took time to take a few nice shots

But then it was back to being our normal selves

Afterwards we went back to our stateroom and did our pixie dust (late fish extender group) the sea legs were still rough tonight and walking down the narrow corridors was a pretty funny sight too see.

We headed back to the room and got some room service because it's one of the perks of cruising even if you aren't hungry. So we ate some food and watched the hunchback of Notre dame

Continue to Next Post

Cruise Day 5 Pt 1

Today was the day, a day for castaway cay! However it was quite chilly but the sun was shinning and I needed to get some sun kissed skin. We woke up around 8:30 and went to breakfast at tritons where we saw Felipe. He was working the tables near us and made sure to come over to talk to us. He told us that today was going to be a great day with good weather. From that point on we said if Felipe said it was going to be nice, it was going to be nice.
The main reason for coming here for breakfast was for the waffles stuffed with whipped cream, still good as I remember it.

Again the entertainment team was in rehearsal in the atrium this time they were rehearsing the winter ball caroling.
After breakfast we made our way down to deck 1. Then alish realized she forgot her stateroom card so she couldn't get off. So we ran back up to deck 6 then back down to deck 1. Then HELLO CASTAWAY!!!! I have been waiting forever to be reunited. We hopped on the tram and headed to the second stop. We walked and walked until we found a spot right by the water all the way at the end right before the rope to the cabanas private island.

The water was cold but that was to be expected when it was high 60s low 70s. So no swimming for us. We laid out to catch some rays then an annoying group of older couples came and took over our area. So we ended up leaving.
We browsed the shops then grabbed some food at cookies too.

After lunch we didn’t have any chairs anymore so we decided to go check out serenity bay. So we hopped on the tram, the driver was literally crazy.

Serenity bay was a little dirty but we weren’t going in the chilly water so it didn’t really bother us. We found some chairs and fell asleep for a good hour.

We left the serenity and made our way closer to the ship. I picked up some castaway merch, then we enjoyed some ice cream and relaxed on the hammocks.

It was getting really chilly and windy so we decided to leave the island.

Before we got back on the wonder we had to take pictures with all the Christmas stuff.

That castaway sun though…

Eat, sleep, surf…more just the first 2 for us though.

Then stitch came out so it was only fitting to meet him.
During thanksgiving Danielle (Alishs friend) told us how she went on a free Disney Cruise with a girl from work. She was a character attendant and was all about meeting characters around the ship. So she would leave Danielle with her parents during dinner to meet characters. “Sorry guys stitch is meeting I gotta go”

Continue to Next Post

Really enjoying the cruise part of your TR! Great pics! Would love to take a cruise on the Dream or Magic sometime - esp now that I'm a CM, maybe I can take advantage of some great rates too!

Cruise Day 5 Pt 2

When we got back on the ship it was time to pack up our belongings because we would be losing our luggage at 10 tonight. We got ready for dinner and still had over an hour before we had to head down. So we headed up to deck 10 to get some far away shots of castaway.

Deck 9 tour time
First we have the children’s mickey pool, which under the slide is Pluto’s dog house where you can get your chicken fingers, hot dogs and hamburgers.

In the middle of the deck is the family pool, where you can watch tangled (As well as other disney movies) while you swim

Then we come to the 18 and older hangout, which supplies the comfy chairs

When we got back to the room it was time to set sail and head back to Miami. We started to pull away and watched those lucky people who get to live on castaway wave goodbye

Tonight's dinner was back at parrot cay. Joel and Felipe were ready tonight, it was our last night together and we were going to make it the best night. We found out that this was Felipe first cruise, which makes sense too why he was so quiet at the beginning. We were his first rotation that he worked alone.

Potato Leek soup, roasted filet of beef wellington, apple pie and baked alaska

At the end of the night Joel came to us for some more magic. I love me some black magic. He brought over a crayon and started righting on the tablecloth. He told us to figure out the problem 101010=950 we were stumped. We saw Felipe just laughing as he cleared off a nearby table. We asked for help but he had no clue because he was still learning. Joel said something about just even adding 1 line, we sat there for probably a good 5 minutes. Alish ended up just using one line and crossing out the whole problem. Joel for some reason thought that was funny.
It ended up being 10T010 = 9:50

As we walked out of dinner it was said knowing we would be leaving them behind. And to think on our first night we weren't thinking they could be as good as Stephanie and holly from our first cruise. But that's one of the best things about a cruise, you see them once everyday or even more times just around the ship. They know your taste in food, your humor and you become friends. Then on your last day you leave.

After dinner we headed back to the shops where alish made some purchases this time. Then we got in line for the theatre where we saw pirate mark, rocking that side part.

Tonight's show was Disney Dreams and it was the BEST show ever. I mean Peter Pan trying to help a girl achieve her dreams while dancing and singing to popular disney music with classic characters is a pretty awesome idea. Before the show started we played the game of who bug eyes was going to cast as. I suggested peter pan (even though I would be pretty sad) and then we said prince ali. He was in fact prince Ali and Alish was crushed.

After the show we went to the main atrium for the farewell show.

Turns out at 10 they were just doing a 20 minute meet and greets around decks 3 & 4 so we ran back to our room to put out our luggage.

Harold found us and said he hardly saw us and that must have meant we had a lot of fun.

We headed back downstairs to the shop where I copied alish and got a cruise Alex and ani. Then headed back to the main atrium for some Christmas carols and goodbyes.

The cruise was coming to an end, so we enjoyed our veranda one last time

Randy was just feeling fetchingly draped against the wall

We also ordered some room service for our last time and filled out the questioner. Randy ran down to guest services to get some dollar bills for a tip. Alish and I ran up to deck 9 to get some pop. Then we enjoyed our meal

And nothing would be better than a mickey bar to finish off our last night

Continue to Next Post

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!! Perfect ending it with Mickey bars!
When is the next one? Can we please go too!!

I've been absent from the DIS for a few days and I've missed your whole cruise. It sounds like y'all had a good time. Merry Christmas!

Cruise Day 6

Early in the morning they had a bright star code come across the loud speaker. I remember from the last cruise and how Stephanie told us that it was a code for cms in a group for a medical emergency call.

The alarm went off bright and early at 6:15. It was officially our last few hours on the ship. It's the saddest part of the day. We packed everything up into our carry ons and headed to breakfast. On our way down Harold our stateroom host stopped us to say bye and "I'll see you later"

We headed down to parrot cay and found Joel and Filipe. The real heartache was about to happen. We joked one last time with them as we ate our breakfast. Then it was officially time to get off the boat.

See Ya Real Soon Breakfast

We scanned ourselves off, found our bags and went through customs.
I 100% believe that the ending of a Disney cruise is so much harder than an ending of a Disney world vacation. On a cruise you see the same cast members everyday, you get to know each other and then on your last day they tell you see you soon and you know it's all just a lie.

We hopped in the car and made the 4 hour drive back to Orlando. I slept most of the way because I got the pleasure of going back to work tonight. I arrived back to Patterson around 1ish and had some time to kill...aka let me sleep off the sea legs.

I worked a regular 4-12:30 night. On my bus ride to dtd, Morgan was trying to juggle. I was unimpressed with her because she is no mike price. Then she ended up dropping one of her balls and it rolled around the whole bus for the ride there.

When I got to work I was zone 8, meaning a boring easy night. I guess that was for the best because all I wanted was to sleep. I also had some major sea legs, boat stop rocking.

Nothing at all happened tonight and I was back home at 1:30.

Reasons and tips to cruise:
1) Food galore
2) The amazing cms
3) Characters just roam the ship
4) Join an FE gift exchanger group
5) Order room service at least once
6) If you’re 18 or older go to the variety shows at night
7) When sea legs hit, just laugh about it

Saturday December 13

Today I woke up fairly early and got ready for the day. The main thing on my list was to get some food. But first I went to pick up a package at the club house and called ma. After 20 million disconnected calls we were able to talk about the cruise and how she wants to take a cruise in May (but it's not disney so I'm skeptical)

I then went to the grocery store, got some food then got back to get ready for work. Tonight I was support so I only worked 5-11. When I got to work I was scheduled for west side support. And what do you know my BFF Brandon got 7,8,9 assist. So pretty much we walked around west side together all night. The manager tonight, Jason, once again saw us and just said we were like two peas in a pod.

Then tonight zone 9 was not doing her job and all her cans were completely full and over flowing in the food truck park. Her response was that her radio was dead...yet somehow she answered one of the calls. Questionable.

So I pulled most of those as well as did a recycle run before my break. During my break tangled was on and it was like a sing a long to I've got a dream in the cirque break room.

I did my last recycle run and then my night was over! The traffic tonight at dtd was crazy. Somehow I got home and everyone was still up.
Zoe went on a cruise a week prior to mine and we talked about our vacations. She went on the magic.
My new roommate (still don't know her name) came out and talked about going to work tomorrow. She then had a long talk about what being a character performer entails. I was pretty much over her and her stories, she talked to us like we had no clue. Little does she know my sisters royalty.

Sunday December 14

Today I woke up feeling like I was run over by a truck and the nausea hit me hard. I was only able to take a quick shower before hopping back into bed and sleeping until 2.
The amount I didn't want to work was a lot. I should have called off but I didn't want a point and with the cruise I needed the hours today.

I sucked it up and headed off to dtd.
It was rough. I was 3 4 assist so it could have been worse. I walked and swept zones 3 and 4 all night. One part of the night I ended up resting my eyes in the break room because I was just so drained. When I left I saw my aunts face flash across the tv screen...dateline of course. So I texted Gma. Then ma texted me that Richard Sherman was on tv, I was so mad.

The whole night I debated requesting an ER but by the time I really felt horrible I only had an hour left. Then Michelle who was closing manager had me label zone 3 and zone 4s trash cans with colored zip ties. By the time I finished with that it was time to go home.

Tonight alish picked me up because she is the best. That meant I didn't have to wait till 1 for my bus to come and she also brought me NyQuil and DayQuil. Once I finally got home I passed out right away.

Continue to Next Post

We just got back to NJ and it's a sad day.
why am I not on a cruise? and why am I not in Disney?

so I didn't get to tell you how absolutely beautiful you looked on Christmas Eve. and in raingear of all outfits! That place really shines thru you.
And I wish you all the best with your future plans.

I'm sorry we missed Alicia, and we never did see Randy - probably because we kept calling him Andy!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
JQ was asking around at Jambo - "is Andy working today?" and the cm's would tell him "he's on the schedule, but he must be at Kidani"
Nobody ever corrected him his name. Too funny.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the Yolo Family.

We just got back to NJ and it's a sad day.
why am I not on a cruise? and why am I not in Disney?

so I didn't get to tell you how absolutely beautiful you looked on Christmas Eve. and in raingear of all outfits! That place really shines thru you.
And I wish you all the best with your future plans.

I'm sorry we missed Alicia, and we never did see Randy - probably because we kept calling him Andy!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
JQ was asking around at Jambo - "is Andy working today?" and the cm's would tell him "he's on the schedule, but he must be at Kidani"
Nobody ever corrected him his name. Too funny.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the Yolo Family.

You are the sweetest! Thank you for coming to visit and taking time out of your christmas eve night to keep me company.
I told him that you were staying at AKL for christmas night, he was probably stuck at Kidani or in the back because he worked super early.
I hope you had a great vacation and christmas here in Disney even with all the crazy crowds the holidays brought.

Once Upon a Christmas Time Week 19 Pt 1

Monday December 15

Today I slept in so late and it's all I needed. I woke up feeling so much better. As much as I would have loved to go hang out at a park I decided it would be best to hang out in the apartment and relax. It was tea and soup all day.

I spent most of my day in bed and worked on the cruise updates. That's when the power went out. It wasn't just at the complexes but it also hit magic kingdom and the contemporary. It came back on maybe a half hour later.

The rest of the night was spent going through cruise pics, doing laundry and watching Christmas movies on abc family.

Tuesday December 16

Today I woke up around 9:30 and alish came to pick me up around 10:30. Randy alish and I headed to animal kingdom for the morning. When we got there our first thing was where to eat, food is always coming first. But really we are not off our cruise bellies. We were thinking yak and yeti but our 50% coupon wasn't good there so we decided on Sanaa because BUTTER CHICKEN.

Our first stop at animal kingdom was festival of the lion king. There was a girl behind us who new one of the workers and stood in front of us to talk to her. Then told us she wasn't going to cut us, but when the doors open she went against her word and cut us.
We sat in the elephant section. Today's cast was on point. Timon was rocking, the tumble monkeys were awesome, and the fire breather man was just twirling in circles loving life. And what better way to end the show with high fiving a cute tumble monkey?

Fix it felix, ooh ooh

Can you feel the love tonight? Timon sure could

Next we headed for dinosaur. Of course we got stuck with a tour group behind us. And to make it even better one of their children decided to join our row, like child you don't belong to us. Why are you here?

We had fastpasses for Everest but it interfered with the reservation we made for Sanaa so we decided to just wait out the 30 minute wait. Me and alish talked about pirate mark and randy was just over pirate mark. But he will have to deal with our love for pirate mark.
Shimmy on down the ladder

After Everest we headed out of animal kingdom and got lost in the parking lot. We tried remembered where we parked and slowly little clues led us to the car. We headed to AKL and to kidani. We stopped by the gift shop because Andy's friend Laura was working. She was so bubbly and told me I looked like I was 14. Thanks girl I try.

Then it was time to be reunited with my beloved butter chicken. I've been waiting since that night we were at AOA when Gma and kiss were here. We started with the bread service and butter chicken all around. Pretty much alish and randy fell in love with the butter chicken, you're welcome.

I was full after my first round of butter chicken and took the rest home for tomorrow. With our food all packaged up we took a quite trip outside to find some animals

no cows with horns in view

We headed back to their apartment. Randy was hanging out with a guy he works with while me and alish had a sister date at mickeys very merry Christmas party.

When we got to the park it was around 5 and the crowds made me want to puke. So of course the first thing we did was carpets...are we surprised? No because it's our sister ride.

Then we went to thunder because we had a fastpass. I sat on the left side and goat effect made me crash right into alish...sorry not sorry.

Then we wondered around, we had about and hour till the party started. I suggested going to circus to get in like for jack because we had nothin else to do. But alish suggested philharmagic so that's where we went first. Alish tried fixing her glasses and the film popped out, sorry disney.

When we got to circus it was about 6:30 and jack was already out meeting (should’ve gone earlier). Like the party doesn't start till 7. But I'm not complaining. The line was long but we didn't end up losing to much time of the party.
While waiting in the line we played the game of guess the friend of Aladdin. I really sort of sucked at it. I only meet the bae when Alish works.

After our meeting it was off to find a spot for the parade. We ended up being at the end of Main Street. Alish wanted to see the parade twice because this was the parade she did costumes for during her college program and it was one of the very few moments I saw alish get emotional.
Get to the parade early, we would have if we could have but we got stuck behind people who decided to stand up half way through.

Continue to Next Post

Week 19 Pt 2

Creeper crew, I mean Cringle Crew started the night off with snowball beach balls. I witnessed a bratty child steal a snowball from one of the girls are throw it straight in the face of another dancers face. RUDE! Where are your parents?!

After the parade we got some free popcorn, because our cm coupons were going to be blocked out after today till my last day on my program.

Then went to get some cocoa and cookies because why not stock up on junk food? As we passed agrabah we saw that bae was working and added that to the list of things we needed to go do. We also passed Peter and I told alish how he was my favorite friend of peter pan. Alish then told me how he isn't the best human being in real life and the stories she told me made me so sad.

We got out cookies and headed back to Main Street for the fireworks. While we waited justin, a friend alish who she hangs out in agrabah with came to watch the fireworks with us. He was friends with Prince Ali for the parade but today the spare chose to work that night. So Justin was just hanging out in the spare room and snuck out.
Right off the bat I knew I could be his friend, he joined in right away with me and alish as we conducted the fireworks.

I saved spots for the second parade as they ran off to get pop and cookies. They were gone for a good 40 minutes. I tried texting alish and then when the parade was about to start in 10 minutes I called her. Turns out they went to meet the bae without me. Like no. First I was mad because I spent 30 minutes getting snoaped on as well as people walking over me hitting me in the head with their bags in the process. And secondly their pics they took were super cute. So when they came back I was just unimpressed with them.

It turned out ok though because as we waited for the parade alish wanted brother bear pics. So Justin held our spots.

The parade was 100% better this time around. A toy solider called Justin out, I mean he was suppose to be downstairs in the spare room. Whoops.

After the parade we headed to see my baes. The most countriest bears disney has. There were very few people there, but shake it off was playing and I was ready to bust a move.

We ran to see the real bae but knew we wouldn't be able to see him. So we were those people who stood on the sidelines and just watched. Then we took a selfie with him in the background. A guest standing at the end of the line kept saying, he's looking! He's looking for your photo. Little did she know that Aladdin was good friends with us.

Abu just ditched the bae and came to hang out with us, not sure if that’s allowed but it happened.

I realized that I never saw the castle show so we ran to the last showing. I think this was my favorite part of the party...I mean so much dancing so much Christmas. High kicks all around.

Justin had to leave and clock out for the night. Alish and I mad our way to tomorrowland to get more cookies. Christmas music was playing and the awkward dancing commenced. Some looks we were getting from others were quite amusing but like whatevs because I'm just living in the moment. Sorry not sorry.

I stocked up on snickers doodles. I believe I have a bag of at least 10. Pretty solid, I made sure I brought a zip lock bag to put them in. We then left and headed to Main Street.
Brother bears forever!

The clock struck midnight and the party was over

Overall I had an enjoyable time. However I love the Halloween party more.

On the way home ed shereen Don’t song came on and alish told me it only ever plays in her car when I'm in it. The radio just knows that it's my jam.

When I got home Brittany was catching up on once upon a time and told me how this season just wasn't keeping her interested. Yeah tell me about it I saw the first episode and called it quits. Go away anna

Wednesday December 17

Today I woke up and laid around till I had to work. It was another 4-12:30 night and I was placed in zone 11.
With zone 11 comes with code vs on the busses. I got one call tonight but the person working parking lots made it before me so that's cool.
Then at the end of the night I got a call for a Bbp (Blood) on the bus. I never did one before, I was trained back in august. There is a good procedure and Disney takes care of Bbp’s as if all blood was contaminated. So I ran to the cirque storage closest to get the Bbp kit, which the handle was broken and walked quickly to the bus. I waited for a good 10 minutes in front of the bus and it ended up being a false alarm.

On the bus ride home there was so much screaming, stupid rewind Wednesday goers. Drunk and screaming the wheels on the bus. Keep it classy CPs.
When I got home I found this lovely thing on the counter

The note is one thing, thanks for letting us know. But then our lovely new entertainment roommate decides to do all her friends signatures over the note, I was really unimpressed.

Thursday December 18

Today I woke up somewhat early. I was in need of finishing up Christmas shopping so I went to the outlet mall. I ended up making a few purchases and headed back to Patterson. Then I almost finished Jessie's shoes that I started forever ago.

Before work I called ma, I needed to book my stay for when I leave. Ma also told me how reading this report about the cruise was more exciting then me telling her about it over the phone. She was also curious of what randy said... LOL. She asked so I told her.
Side note: maybe the Patterson reception canceling our calls was probably a factor of the poor cruise updates. Side not the kitchen and the living room are not good places to make phone calls home.

When I got to work I was zone 8. It was boring. However today I finally met a family who I've heard about but never encountered. They just did not research their vacation. They asked where they had to pay to get into dtd, their tween daughter asked me which way to the castle,
Some more questions they asked me included
-why are tickets so much
-we want to go to sea world, can we use our park hopper for that
-how late is mk open till tonight
-can we go to the christmas party tonight

So I played the role of vacation planned which I was more than welcome to play.
The rest of the night was spent listening to one of the entertainment, Brian and walking around.

Friday December 19

Today I slept "in" but was up early enough to catch the bus to the store by 11. I picked up a few things then headed back to Patterson to get ready for work.
Today our door was a happening place. So many Christmas packages for my roommates.

Today at work I was zone 5. Brandon was finally back after visiting home for the week. So basically we teamed up and got our zones done. Early into the shift so many managers were out on the west side.
2 spotted Brandon and I trading pins with guest. I thought for sure that I was going to get in trouble for not being in my zone but Richard asked what zone I was and didn't give it a second thought. Then Angelia a new manager told us how she took some photos of us interacting with the guests.

Then it was time for our break. After our break we did zone 7 trash run, with that horrible PI bridge and that's when Jason found us. He wasn't surprised but once again we didn't get yelled at. Team work, efficiency a four key basic. Then we did zones 5 trash run. We ran into Richard again and all he said was "it's busy tonight.." In that time I spotted katt in the crowd. But I couldn't stop to talk because we were in a rush.

During my break Dateline was on, I wasn’t on in the break room so I read the twitter posts about it. My heart hurt every time someone wrote about "Lee’s mom" all I wanted was to hug my Gma. She is truly the strongest person I know and I have no clue what I would do without her.

After break watched some performers. Lee, the engineering manager told us to come talk to him. He asked if we were supposed to be together and if we were "connected at the hip". We stood there in shock thinking our managers talked to him. Turns out his radio battery was dead and wanted to steal one of ours. And if we were going to stay together all night then we had at least one working radio. I gave him mine and he told me how I was always his favorite guest show cm, more like every time I see him he makes sure to tell me he likes my dimple.

We did our last trash run when the band playing started singing Rude. We ended up dancing with a Gma and her friend got it all on her phone. It was one of the best moments during my whole program.
Zone 7 (Brandon) was called by Jason. He ended up telling Jason that his radio battery was 101. What he should have said was that a manager barrowed his battery because he could have gotten in trouble for not calling in saying his battery was going 101.

We finished up the night and headed back to the west side. We were a little early but I had to go find Lee's office to switch back our batteries because the one he took was labeled guest show. He said I was such a lifesaver and gave me some candy.

As we passed the breakout room we saw parking cms cutting strips of stickers and they were more than kind enough to give us a stack full.

The dreaded wait the what seemed like forever wait I front of the computers to sign out, but tonight one of the parking guys played some backstreet boys.
12:28 hit and I was out of there. Friday night traffic was horrible but it worked out in my favor because I was able to catch the 12:30 bus at 12:45. That's when I realized I missed a call from Gma and her voicemail made me so sad for missing it.

When I got back to Patterson Brittany was leaving and headed to vista to stay the night at Gina's.

Continue to Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter