Got My Suitcase and a Dream – A DCP Adventure Updated 1/28

Week 19 Pt 3

Saturday December 20

Today I slept in and woke up with the worst sore throat. Unamused.
I didn't do anything with my morning and headed off to work for 4.

I was restroom 7 or west side restroom. Today was a breakout meeting day. It was also Saturday, which meant four key spotlight day. Jason started the four keys spotlight a couple weeks ago and it's a picture of one of us demonstrating one of the 4 keys, safety, courtesy, show and efficiency. Today I was finally one...Jason started with "they're 2 peas in a pod".

Today was BUSY! I couldn't keep up with the night. I was running back and forth between 2 bathrooms that there was never time to stop and relax. Then at 10:30 I was in charge of 4 bathrooms with the 2 new ones opening up on PI. I made it through the night and was so thankful it was over.

Tonight I received my final schedule. All the CPs were buzzing with what their schedule was and the last day working...it was bittersweet.
Shelby and I talked about New Year's Eve on the way to the bus. It is literally going to be a horrible night and I'm not looking forward to it at all.

When we got on the bus Shelby said how the open seat next to her was saved for Jonathan, the cute guest relations worker from France. And what do you know he asked her if he could sit there. He was actually really nice, normally I put my headphones in and drown out the world on my way home. But tonight was spent talking to Shelby and Jonathan about our program.

Sunday December 21

Today I woke up nice and early and was on the bus to Hollywood studios by 9:15. I had some things I needed to get done. First I caught the friendship boat to the yacht club, I wanted to see some resort decorations. On my way over Alish texted me about going shopping with her but I had to tell her I was out and about because I was in need of a “school bread” when really I needed to pick up something from the Japan store for her.

When I got there I first called ma because I really needed to make my last night reservation. So I found a place to plop myself and I called the Disney cast line. I'm officially staying CLUB LEVEL at WILDERNESS LODGE!!! Thank you cm 60% off!

I then walked to Epcot to get some last minute Christmas gifts.
I walked back to the beach club and went to see their gingerbread carousel, it smelled real nice.

One day I will swim in this pool, it WILL happen!

I hopped on the boat then took a nice long ride back to studios where I caught the bus back to Patterson.
When I got back jessie and Zoe were in the kitchen and we talked about our last schedules for the program. Jessie asked me what I was doing after the program and for some reason she had it in her head that I was staying and signed a lease somewhere. She obviously doesn't realize that I have no clue. Zoe brought up the idea of working on the cruise ship, like yes I would like to try the Disney cruise life out. But I also know that I will more than likely be doing another program.

I had some lunch and took a siesta. Brittany woke me up worrying I was going to be late for work. I switched up my days on my calendar thinking I was off Monday not Sunday and I was too lazy to switch it.
I also woke up from a text from alish asking if I wanted to go to her apartment since I was off. We were planning to visit our home away from home, fort wilderness, later to see the Christmas decorations. So I quickly wrapped hers and Randy's gifts and we were off.

We went to target and on the way there she asked if I accomplished everything I wanted to do. Not even close, I said I wanted to do hoop dee doo once more so we were thinking about going there tonight for dinner. When we got back to their apartment alish called to see if there was any tables left and none were so instead I got us a reservation for trails end.

Randy made some white trash for his work holiday party and then we spent the night watching the office. Most importantly the Christmas party episode…YANKEE SWAP

It then started to downpour so we watched another episode and laid around. I love spending time at their apartment for the reason that they actually decorated for christmas. Alish lit all her holiday candles, turned on all her Christmas lights and I was just so happy.

Around 7 we headed to the fort. Upon arriving I was just even more happy. Yet sad for how much I want to stay here again. I cannot explain or express how much joy this resort gives me, it just has that home feeling for me. We hopped on the settlement yellow bus and headed to the settlement for some dinner at trails end. It was so hoppin tonight, I have never seen it so busy and was glad we got a reservation prior to coming.
Trails end is definitely in my top disney restaurants. Corn bread, mashes potatoes, mac and cheese, pizza, chili…I’M IN HEAVEN!

After filling up to the brim we decided it was best to walk off all our food.
So off we went to find some holiday décor.
First we stopped to look at the horses because Justin was lucky enough to ride one for the taping of the Christmas Parade, unfortunately Prince Ali was not chosen for the cut, probs cause he is not elsa.

We had a strobe light dance party RV

One that was candyland themed with all the different lands

Then just some randoms

The best rv sight hands down was the last stop. They had a whole pathway around their sight and it was like walking through a winter wonderland.

By far the coolest thing! The only question was how did they get all the decorations to fort wilderness?
As we headed back to the front to the car we watched a golf cart drive passed us. Like that should be us bundled up in blankets and just going for a joy ride around the fort.

We headed out of the resort and they dropped me off at Patterson. When I arrived Gina was waiting outside the apartment. Her and Brittany were making cookies while we watched the polar express. Then I called it quits for the night.

Continue to Next Post

Nice update Sam. Hope your holidays were fun down there. I'm sure it was super busy. Have fun on you last few days as a CP. Looking forward to hearing more stories when you get back. Amelia is excited to see you when you come home lol I guess you could look forward to her. Just ask her when are we going to downtown disney? I'm sure she'll love it :)

Nice update Sam. Hope your holidays were fun down there. I'm sure it was super busy. Have fun on you last few days as a CP. Looking forward to hearing more stories when you get back. Amelia is excited to see you when you come home lol I guess you could look forward to her. Just ask her when are we going to downtown disney? I'm sure she'll love it :)

Let's not lie we all know how excited you are for my return home. However Amelia is definitely my main reason for coming home. And I'll make sure to ask her all the time until she finally gives in and goes to dtd with me.

I am going to miss you when your program is over. It has been great fun following along. Maybe you could talk Alisha into keeping up where you leave off and blog her adventures.

I also want to wish you all the best with the rest of your life and thank you for sharing this part of your life with all of us.

We are so excited to see you again Sam, enjoy your last days until you return again! Love you sweetie!

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas Week 20 Pt 1

Monday December 22

Today was a lazy morning before I started my 6 day week. I am beyond grateful that I only got 6. Brittany doesn't get a day off until our program ends.

So today Brittany made me listen to the steps of the palace, I've been putting off listening to the into the woods soundtrack. I've been listening to the original Broadway soundtrack since alish was obsessed with it back when she was in 8th grade. However I am pleased with it and now I will be listening to it on repeat.

Today was a 4-12:30 night but it was also our early Christmas meal at work. Two words, Olive Garden. I was a happy person. Pasta, salad, breadsticks and cheesecake. YESSSS!

Today I was zone 7, I could already feel the soreness I will be feeling tomorrow morning. The PI bridge hill + banana boat + crowds = I want to cry.

I got through the night alive. At 12:10 it was like a big herd of CPs walking back to the facilities building and we all went home.

Tuesday December 23

It's the day before the night before Christmas and I'm busy busy busy being good.

This afternoon I finished up my Christmas wrapping and got ready for work. Another 4-12:30 night ahead of me.
Tonight I got restroom 3, market place restrooms. And it was such a nice night, it was busy but I could actually maintain the restrooms without any troubles.

Tonight since I was on the marketplace side I took advantage of using the water taxi. While ridding back all I could think about is wanting to be on another cruise.

two girls were talking about how they had tomorrow off and all the Christmas stuff they were planning to do. And I'm one of the lucky ones to not do anything but work.

Wednesday December 24

It's Christmas Eve!
Today I woke up really sad. It didn't feel like Christmas Eve one bit.
I got ready for the day. Then Gina came over and us girls watched Its A Wonderful Life before we all had to head to work. I packed so much to take to work with me today, presents, dinner, a change of clothes. Tonight alish was picking me up and we were going to have a Christmas Eve dinner bright and early on Christmas morning at 1 am.

Brittany texted me once we all left and said how she left her lanyard at home, meaning she as no ID to get to work, no ID to get into Patterson and no key to get in the apartment. And tonight was the night that I wouldn't even be going home to let her in.

Today at work Julie brought cookies in and they were delicious.
Tonight I was stuck at the tables. It could be good and bad. It was busy but there were good chances of thunderstorms.
During breakout there were more goodies and then we were sent on our way.
It was busy night, but not as bad as what I hear New Year's Eve is like.

When I dropped my stuff off at the break room Santa and mrs Claus were meeting and taking pictures. Weird.

Today was of course busy and being tables should be an easy day. But it was not. I felt like I was running all around the marketplace. However I was ok with that because it made my night go by faster.

A storm was a brewing and at 8:30 it just poured. Dtd crowd disappeared in seconds. However we were not 101. Instead I put on my rain gear and headed out to actually organize and clean my area, I tried to get down the umbrellas and was to short. My manager understood. Then when I went to go on break but was called to wipe down the benches for the waterside stage dance party that was canceled for the weather but was back on.

I had my last break and then it poured again when I was out. Nothing happened because it was just windy and wet outside.
However around 11 I had some special visitors to make my night go by fast. Poison ivy JQ and there son were in Disney for the holidays and had dinner at dtd. They are literally the BEST! If you don’t know who they are they are the lovely couple who got me and the fam on the DVC cruise last year. They're just so kind and spent about a half hour talking to me. And we will definitely be going on a cruise all together again!

I did one last trash run then walked over to the west side to clock out. Alish and randy were waiting outside and then we headed off to Denny's. It's a family tradition and I was beyond grateful that they waited up to go at 1am since they both had to be to work at 6 and 7.

Denny's was more than lovely. First I rocked my work shorts and was just a bum. Secondly my mashed potatoes came with no gravy and my chicken nuggets came with no blue cheese. Excuse me? Plus our waiter never really came around. It was already after 1 and randy had work at 6 so I ate without gravy and dipping sauce.

We headed back to their apartment for the night. Another family tradition is Christmas pjs. I've had them under my bed since Gma brought them down back in November. We took pics by their tiny tree for ma and then we opened gifts.

Make them look like footies, when they cleary were not

Brittany sent gifts for me and alish to open, it was sister bracelets. Aka the Anna and Elsa Alex and ani. We laughed so much because SISTER bracelets but stupid frozen. But I kinda love it.

It was going on 3 and we called it a night. Then alish made me a bed on her couch and I remember saying how I just wanted all of us to stay in Florida. No moving back to New York or moving off to japan. We could all just live in their apartment forever and just be happy.

I watched disney replay old shows and went to sleep.

Thursday December 25

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I got a walk up call at 6am and alish and I headed to the kingdom at 6:10. It was rough, but I was going back home to sleep while alish had to work a 12 hour day. Bless her heart.
We were surprised that the traffic wasn't horrible yet, mk opened at 7 and we got there around 6:30 with like no one around.

Finding parking at west clock is always fun. We parted ways, she took the west clock bus and I took the transtar bus back to Patterson...in my Christmas pjs. Classy Sam.
I got home and hopped back into bed. I slept for a good 2 hours and woke up to watch the Christmas parade at 10.

It's another family tradition to watch the Christmas parade, but that shouldn't be a surprise. I was not all that sad that I missed the tapping for going on a cruise because frozen...stupid frozen. I called home and I listened to them open gifts and make comments on the parade.
Gma was at the hospital with my cousin who had her baby that morning. A Christmas miracle (but she wouldn't think of it that way)

After an hour of listening to the conversation on the other end we said our goodbyes. Gina and Meredith came over for Christmas breakfast made by the housewife, Brittany.

Meredith headed home to get ready for work. While Brittany made Gina and I take a quiz to figure out our dialect map. We had a huge discussion about the potato bug and how no one else calls it a potato bug. What is wrong with people?

They headed off to mk which during breakfast was already at phase A closing. I decided to get ready for work and head to work early because we all know the horrible traffic that the holiday brings, especially at walt Disney world.

When I got to dtd it was already so crazy. And I dreaded my Christmas night. I sat with Shelby in the break room and we already are having a meltdown about New Year's Eve. Today everyone said it was busy, but we all know that it would be busier New Year's Eve.

Today we had a decorate your own cookie, what a way to celebrate Christmas. I was zone 8 (all last week I kept saying all I want for Christmas is zone 8) so I was pretty glad, easy zone so it shouldn't be too horrible tonight.

It was a popular evening but it was manageable. And by that I mean people need to look where they’re walking and not just assume I will stop when they jump in front of my banana boat (I do but they should know better). One thing about busy nights is loading those trash bags, normally each trash can should have at least 3 bags. I added more to that so I could just pull and go.

7,8,9 assist was making me so mad by the end of the night. He didn't assist at all on this busy night instead he decided water art would be more beneficial. First rule to water art, do not do it during business seasons and nights.
Then while I was trying to maintain my zone guest show 40 asked me to help restroom 7 with the Starbucks restroom. It was a mess. No toilet paper, no soap, no paper towels, overflowing trash. Pretty much she didn't do anything tonight. So me and a manager had to redo the whole bathroom with her. If I was in her shoes I would be mortified.

During my last break the person doing lots got into a car accident with the guest show truck. Nothing horrible but still crazy.
Before my last trash run I was enjoying the entertainment when of course in the crowd engineer BFF Brian found me. It wasn't as bad as it could be, except he kept questioning my lack of partying. One thing about my life is that I'm either a child who wants to play in the parks forever or a grandma who wants to stay in bed all day. There is no in between.

I finished up my last trash run and headed to the break room. Sometimes we head to the break room early if we finish everything up but tonight Amy was the manager and every time that door opened we jumped from our seats and looked like we were busy doing something. She never ended up coming and we headed back to the facilities building.

As we were waiting to clock out alish texted me saying she went to see into the woods so she could give me a ride home. YES! Well the movie wasn't over by the time I got out so I hung out in the parking garage. How those 2 were still awake beats me.

Continue to Next Post

Week 20 Pt 2

Friday December 26

Today I woke up around 10. Today Brittany and I were going to see Into The Woods at noon today. When we got to dtd our first stop was Starbucks, Brittany suggested I accepted. Crowds at 11:30 were crazy and they didn't have Carmel brûlée, this day was off to a great start.

Into the woods, first off sorry to those who might have been annoyed by me singing along, but really I'm not. It was good, but of course it's better on stage. It’s just like trying to make a book into a movie. They leave out things. I love little red but she was kind of disappointing in the movie, however she had a great voice.

After the movie we walked the whole dtd area. We found ourselves at basin and then we got some earls for lunch. Once again the line was crazy but I needed some lunch before I worked. I ended up not getting to eat, we hopped on a boat and headed to the west side. By the time we got over there I had 10 minutes before clocking in. So I ran to the cirque break room, got changed and headed over to the facilities building. I made it with 3 minutes to spare.

Today I got zone 1 and although there was a lot of people it wasn't terrible.
One guest came running up saying they had 5 minutes before cirque started and didn't know how to get there. Well I was in front of rainforest when they told me this. I told them it was a 20-25 minute walk to the west side or a 3 minute boat ride to the west side. They were not happy about either choice but ran off running to the boat.

The rainforest volcano is enough to kill me. Everyone stops where they are and whips out their iPads or phones. 2 families came up to me and asked me when the next show was. Can you even call that a show?! But I did tell them every half hour and they ran to get a seat. I was just confused.

At the end of the night a guest stopped me and said that he just had to say thank you for working the holidays. He was very grateful for all the cms who had to work. It made me so happy.
Today since I was zone 1 I planned to take the boat back over to the west side, think again. The line was so long at it was already midnight. So I booked it over to the west side on foot.

The night came to an end but of course the bus wasn't close to being on time. I shouldn't have been surprised because Brittany was stuck at the dtd bus stop till about 5 after I left for work at 3:45. But I made it home so that's all that matters.

Saturday December 27

Today I did have an alarm set but it never went off. So I ended up walking up around noon. Pretty much my day was wasted and I laid around till I had to work.
I left around 2 today for work because the traffic nowadays is just a mess and I didn’t want to take any chances.

Tonight I was restroom 7 aka west side. On a Saturday. Remember when I hated getting wod? Well now WOD is never busy and with the food truck park restroom 7 is death.

I got the "talk to the hand" in my face because I didn't speak English. That was great. Sorry lady but maybe you didn't need to be so rude.
During my break a cm from cirque told me that her cousin(?) reads my report. At first I was taken back because I find it strange, I only think my family reads it. As well as I was running around the break room because someone took my pan and broom. So if you’re reading this and a family member works at Cirque, thank you for following along!

At one part of the night I spent 1 full hour in 1 bathroom. Normally it's 10-15 minutes. Happy holiday season at Disney, and rude women who refuse to let you change the toilet paper so they actually have some. Then to make my mood even better manny, the kid working the males room was saying how it's so busy. Like first of all I walked past your restroom you have no line outside like both mine do. I could really could careless about your problems, that are truly not even a real thing.

I was doing my last run threw and stocking everything in the bathroom when I noticed guest show 1 had still not brought small rolls of toilet paper. I told them in person at 6, then called them 3 times and there were none at 11:30. So no toilet paper for our guests. I tried multiple times and got nothing.

I made it through the long crazy night and was ready to pass out. As we waited to clock out someone reminded us that tonight we wouldn't be getting our new schedule. Like I only have 5 more days working at dtd. I'm going to vomit.
On the long trek to the bus stop I talked to alish and Brittany to figure out the plan for tomorrow. We're actually having a girls day at the parks! Like this hasn't happened in ages.

Sunday December 28

Today I woke up at 9 and got ready for magic kingdom. Brittany decided to meet us there since she didn't get home from work till 3. Alish came after 10 and I made sure to walk up Brittany. She opened her eyes and then said 10 more minutes.

We headed to mk and got a spot right under the tree for the parade where we waited for over an hour. The park was still in full swing of holiday crowds so we didn't really have anything else we could do.
Justin was in the parade today so alish asked if we could get a special meet with Prince Ali. Unfortunately he said it would have needed to already be set up. Lame.

Brittany was suppose to come watch the parade and I tried getting a hold of her for awhile. Turns out she fell back to sleep and would get there as soon as she could.

As the parade was coming down Main Street some people decided hey here's a nice spot on the curb in front of the rope. A PAC (parade audience control) cm came up and said they needed to be under the rope. Both her and the couple tried pushing us back so they could be behind the rope. The nice man next to us told the cast member that we have been waiting over and hour and they just got there a minute ago. So the cm shooed them to the back.
Then there was a family who didn't speak English that kept letting their child run under the rope and stand on Main Street. Why?! Why can't people control their children.

It was parade time and I was ready to get some classy pics

BLAKE!!!! When he saw alish in the crowd he just rolled his eyes at her. Their truly friends but have a weird way of showing it

Kristoffs home

My Favorite Toy!

Then my main reason for coming PRINCE ALI! Literally he was living it up.

After the parade we made a dash to Starbucks. Where they had Carmel brûlée, this place is definitely magical. Alish picked up some starbs for another one of her "husbands" who was working in agrabah today.
We walked over there and she left me to put it in the break room for him.
That's when it happened, my vision started to get funky and I knew it was only one thing...a migraine was about to be part of my life. This was probably one of my biggest fears moving down to Florida. I get horrible migraines that make it feel like someone is stabbing me in the right eye (and only in the right one). It lasts for 3 hours and then like clockwork I get sick to my stomach and it turns to a dull headache. But I was going to try my best to fight threw it.

So alish came out and we didn't know where to go. We ended up going to haunted mansion. Justin texted alish asking if he could join us, he had 2 hours till he had to be back for the next parade. Literally living the dream. So he joined us in the 45 minute line, yes we waited that long. Brittany was bringing re-ads she has collected from space, so we wouldn’t have to deal with all these lines. The first thing Justin said to me when he saw me was "you're older than me" somehow my age came up in a convo between him and alish and I guess he thought I was still in high school....baby face, you've got the cutest little baby face.

We made it through the cue when we got stuck in a mob right after the stretching room. Then the migraine came at full force, I told alish what was going on.
The 3 of us squeezed in a doom buggy and ended up stopping for a long time at the ballroom scene. I must admit that the haunted mansion was one of the best rides to be on since it was so dark.

However getting off and the Florida sun shining down I wanted to die. They told me we could go to hall of presidents so I could close my eyes. Alish even suggested the country bears because she knows my new love for them. But the pain I was suffering from would take away the joy country bears brought. So hall of presidents it was. I sat in the foyer while they ran to the stand outside to get a snack.
I wrapped my head with my jacket and just cried. They came back finding me being a basket case. Poor Justin didn't know what he was getting himself into and alish didn't either as well, she was never home when this type of thing occurred. I just needed a good cry and for ma to be here to rub my back.

Alish said she could just take me home but I was too stubborn for that. It should only last 2 more hours and it was one of my last days off till I leave. I can't give up my park time! So I sat in the hall of presidents and died a little more.
Justin had to get back to work, alish and I headed to the poly to meet up with Brittany who brought my migraine drugs from home.

I did some more crying on the monorail and I'm pretty sure the couple across from me thought I was crazy. We made it to the poly and I found a couch to sleep on. I couldn't even enjoy the new lobby!
I must have passed out because I remember alish waking me up saying Brittany was there with my drugs. I took it but knowing it probably wouldn't do anything now, and laid back down. They both ended up going to get lunch.
Hour 3 hit and I became friends with the poly bathroom. When they were done eating I decided to suck it up and head to a park. They both didn't come here to watch me die in the poly lobby. So back to the kingdom we went.
Alish bought me water earlier before presidents thinking it might help. So I decided to have some of that now.
Randy got deployed to the emporium this week for work so we decided to go find him. We made it not even half way when I regretted drinking that water. I ran to find a trash can because I refused to be responsible for creating a code v. I felt horrible just even making a code v in the garbage can. But finally I felt better.

We ended up finding randy at the cash register near Casey's. And I asked for a bag just to be safe. He had to get back to work and Brittany needed to drop off her things at space.
The line and fastpass line for space was a nightmare. Thank goodness for VIP space cm treatment. And yes not even 5 minutes ago was I puking on Main Street but now I'm going on space mountain.
Surprisingly I felt a whole lot better afterwards, it could have been the cool breeze I was getting.

I finally got over my migraine and it was time to use up these re-ads. First up mine train. The line for fastpass was a line in itself.

After mine train we were pulled to my favorite land in all the kingdom...frontierland. First was thunder and goat effect was just goat effect.

Justin was done with work and decided to come play. So he was going to meet us at splash. We went to the fastpass return and alish said she was going to see if he was at the top of the hill. When she left he found Brittany and I. So I had to call alish to come back down.
This was probably my last time on splash for my program and it broke my heart. Although they had so many jets going off today at the beginning while you pass the big drop. True life: we DID get wet!

After splash Brittany had 17 minutes to get on the other side of the park and clock in for work. The crowds were too much for us so then alish justin and I left and went to Wendy's for dinner. I was so sad because I wanted to try Golden Horseshoe because it's only ever open at this time of the year and I will never choose to be here during this time ever again.

Crowds and traffic were the death of me. I just wanted to go eat food. The radio was playing non stop Tay Tay so that was the only thing that was ok. Justin ended up getting to Wendy's first and said it was packed. So we gave him our order in case we weren't there in time.
After a good 15-20 minutes at 1 light we finally got to Wendy's it was packed and by the time we got to the counter everything was out, no potatoes no Caesar salad. Wendy's you suck.

Alish told me how she doesn't want me to leave because she will have no one to hang out with anymore, I didn't want to think about leaving in a week.
We found a table, the family behind us just kept playing let it go, Spanish edition on their phone to keep their child entertained. Then on the other side of Wendy's there was a lady starring us down. We all starred directly into her eyes at some point of the night. She was starring in our direction for a good 15 minutes.

After Wendy's alish dropped me off. I planned on somewhat starting the packing thing. But that didn't really happen. Instead I talked to ma on the phone for an hour followed by another hour phone call from Gma.

Continue to Next Post

Can I just tell you how much I enjoy reading this report? At least once everyday I check to see if you've updated. You are so consistent!
I'm sad that this report is coming to an end but so happy you will be seeing your family soon. Wait, you're probably home now. Please keep us updated on your life events even after this report!

I think I've commented on your report before but I know I haven't for awhile. I just wanted to tell you I have really enjoyed hearing about your time in the program and I am going to miss seeing your updates. I always look to see if you've updated and love reading about your adventures in WDW. I hope you enjoyed your last few days and if you are home now I hope you'll keep us all updated. :)

I love reading your reports. Yours is the first trip report I look for. I would love to hear how New Year's Eve went. Thank you so much for taking us on your DCP journey.

Hands down your trip reports are my favorite. I have read along with all of them. I'm not ready for this one to be over yet. What am I going to read when it's over :confused3...lol.

Thanks for sharing. :)

I actually caught up!!

I think I may have missed some updates in there, but it sounds like everything's been good!

The cruise looks like a BLAST!! Once I'm in service it's definitely happening, so don't be surprised if I ask you a million questions! :rotfl: They look awesome, the food looks great, the shows sound amazing, and it just seriously intrigues me! Also AS IF Danielle got a free cruise, that's amazing!

Christmas dinner was olive garden for you guys?!! We got nothing in canada bhahah! Oh well! It must have SUCKED being in dtd that week, like the parks were one thing, dtd...ugh...I'm glad you made it through it! And I'm glad that we got to wave quickly that last time lol!

MVMCP sounds like it was fun minus a little parade oopsies. Glad the second one turned out much better!

MOUCP was good, I'm glad they ran it during the days too so I could actually attempt to take good pictures of it, and UGH CONTROL YOUR CHILDREN! I'm not even kidding when I say I had a full talk with Jasmine about that last week ;) LISTEN to what the cm's are saying, and CONTROL YOUR CHILDREN....:headache:

I had more to say but I can't remember now and I should totally be in bed! Lol. Glad I've finally caught up, and glad we got to hang out those couple times!

I am sad that your trip report will be coming to an end soon! Thank you so much for sharing your adventure with us! I look forward to reading your next trip report when you go off to visit your sister in japan.

I know you think not too many people are reading but we are and this has been a great TR to follow along to. You are an example of a good young person these days and I hope that the DCP was everything you wanted it to be! Looking forward to your final entries, but sad at the same time that your trip is coming to an end.

I've so been enjoying this report, what an amazing experience! Thank you for sharing it with us!

I just found your report and have really enjoyed reading about your adventures.
Liz

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Week 21 Pt 1

Monday December 29

Today I woke up around 9:30 with one thing on my mind. Property control. I needed to go one more time before I couldn't shop at that lovely place anymore.
Today was a great day to go. So much stuff was purchased and I was thankful for all the cruise line things.

I got home around noon made some lunch, did some laundry and ended up passing out.
When I woke up I texted alish to see if she still wanted to go see fantasmic. It was pretty much my last night to see it on the program so I was gonna go with or without her. She decided to come and the holiday traffic here is just horrible. However we had the windows down and the across the universe soundtrack on blast.
Luckily we made it and fought threw the crowds. Somehow we managed front row seats and I was more than ok with that.

My people

We left right after, for some Taco Bell and called it a night.
The hunger games was on abc family so thats how I ended my night.

Tuesday December 30

I officially have a week. One week I will be back home. How is this even real life?!
Jessie and Zoe were going hard packing today. Go figure the 2 girls that are actually staying are the ones packing up. It gave me some motivation but not much. I packed away about half my clothes. The worst part is I came down with space bags and while I have them I don't have a vacuum here to use them to go back home.
After that I tidied up and threw things out.

Around 1:30 I started to get ready for work. Traffic is horrible and I planned on catching the 2:15 bus that would give me an hour and a half to go 15 minutes down the road. Well that bus came even before 2 and the next bus would be here around 2:20 instead. So not horrible.
But of course transtar couldn't cooperate and that bus sat at vista for a good 20 minutes. So now I was looking at a 2:50 pick up time. So I headed to Chatham and with the handy dandy app saw that it was at the commons. However stupid transtar drove right by Chatham. I freaked out. By this time it was going on 3, I worked at 4 and I knew I was going to be late. So in the moment of panic I texted alish seeing if she was off. She was and said she would come get me but then the bus turned around.

When I got on the bus Brandon was there in a panic. He said they almost got into an accident by turning back around. Traffic was horrible and we got to the cast service building at 3:45. Aka our clock in time.
I had 15 minutes to walk throw the crowd and to the facilities building behind cirque in order to not be late. Mission accepted.
I made it with 4 minutes to spare and I was beat. But no points for me!
Today I was WOD female. Only fitting for my last week of work. However with all the new construction the restroom line is not what it use to be and with all the crowds I was quite shocked.

Tonight ran smoothly and I was out at 12:28. It was a party walking to the bus as well as on the bus. The traffic and parking situation made a lot of CPs decide to take the bus instead of drive.
When I got back to Patterson I made myself a grilled cheese to end my night. Shocker.

Wednesday December 31

Today was a “sleep in because I have to work till 2:30 kind of morning.” The roles switched with Brittany and I. She was the one to go into work before me today. I started to get ready a little before 3, after yesterday's traffic I wasn't going to push it today. Then I got a text from Brandon saying he was on the bus, like I was not ready at all. I still had time before they got to Chatham since they still hadn't left vista. So I quickly got ready and made it just before the bus came.

The traffic was a joke. It was clearer than the previous day and we got there in no time. So we literally sat around the facilities building for 2 hours.
The best sign we could see, leave dtd we don’t have any special for tonight

Today was not a day to mess around with. We had 2 people per zone, 1 person per restroom, 2 people per support.
Half the group started at 4 while the other half started at 6. So those who started at 6 hung out in the break out room, up there they had uncrustables, popcorn, crasons, and oranges.

Jason was the marketplace manager today and some people were asking to switch with someone. You could tell Jason was stressed and it was getting to him. Where it literally looked like he was going to cry. This is what the busiest day at Disney does to managers and all cms.

It hit 6 and I was zone 6. Once again I was so thankful. I asked for zone 8 on Christmas and zone 6 for New Year's Eve. I'm pretty lucky to get the nothing zones on busy nights. The crowds were the worst I have ever seen and I wanted to vomit a bit.
Tonight since our schedule was so strange we didn't have set breaks and were told to go around 9 and 12. So Sara, Ian and I decided 8:30 for our first break and then 11:30 for our last that way we could be together for the moment it hits 12.

Around 7:30 I found the lady that would be my partner tonight. Of course it was the mean full timer who a) is just completely rude and b) does absolutely nothing. I was in for a rough night. She found me and asked if I did a trash run when she was gone. Zone 6 is pretty much a traffic zone to get from PI to west side so the garbage doesn't get bad (the main reason why I wanted it) I told her no and she took offense to that and told me she already did one before her break. So before my break I hit the cans that were half full.

The first break went by super fast. When I got back I knew mean lady would be going on her break so I waited till 10 to do my next trash run. In the meantime I watched the raglan road dancers perform when Richard who was PI manager came over and we got into the discussion of tap dancing. And for some reason he was shocked that I've been tap dancing since I was 3.

I did my trash run and the crowds were picking up. I tried getting behind portabellos but I couldn't get through the crowd with my banana boat. And of course 5 feet away was my partner who just watched me struggle and did nothing. I literally just wanted to cry and yell at her at the same time.
I decided to leave my zone after that and I found Sara who was zone 7. She told me how she was also having problems with her partner and how he does all the trash runs and he won't let her help him get through the crowd. So pretty much Sara and I should have been partnered up together.

I headed back to my zone and saw my partner just listening and dancing to the entertainment. And that's what she did for most of the night.
11:15 came and I met Sara and Ian by the air balloon. Disney quest was having a party for cast members from 10:30-3 so we decided to check it out during our last break.
We had no clue where to go, we were told floor 3 and 4. It ended up just being free arcade game play. We were all expecting some free food or something. However we did get some candy, and loaded our pouches. Give me all the airheads!

YESSSSS

7 minutes till 2015 so headed out to cirque where they were having a big celebration dance party. Shake it off lead us to the countdown to 2015. Right at midnight there was confetti and balloons launched from the balcony of cirque.
Sara and I then ran to see the fireworks from across the lake and caught the last moments of MK crazy fireworks. As we headed back to our zones we passed Exposition park aka food truck park and heard Bryan Malpass singing shake it off, what a perfect song to end a year and start another.

We headed back to the PI bridge and almost caught the start of a fight. Sara called our managers right away and we got nothing back, she called again but by the time the guy already walked away. So she called back over the radio with what happened and a description of the guy who took off. We decided to hang out near by because technically we were in her zone so it was fine. Near by was the guy who almost got his face smashed in as well as his girlfriend who was highly intoxicated and just laying of the ground near by. A security cm came over to us and asked if the guy was verbally assaulting the lady but we heard none of that. He told us he was going to stand near us to see if we could hear anything. But then Bernard (a higher up guest show manager) came up to us and asked us about the almost fight and went right up to the guests to talk to them.
That’s when sara and I decided to peace out, so we headed to the divider part of both our zones near raglan road. All the crazys were out, Sara said I needed to stay with her because I could handle the drunks and their questions. One guy came out asking where treasure island and the clubs were…

Not long after security came up and said “they finally did it” and headed up the PI bridge near Paradiso. Poor Sara got a call to clean up a BBP clean up, but I told her I would come help out. 2 of our managers were there when we got there as well as Walter, and clearly we were just scrubbing down the ground with some NDC. We wasted almost a good hour cleaning, then blocking off the area so the paramedics could do their thing. Some lady got really close to my face and she was definitely drunk, Literally I couldn’t handle the events that were occurring at the moment.

Everything settled down and we now were on the final stretch of the night. Surprisingly my last trash run was done so I helped Sara with hers. By this time the 4 oclock people were heading out. And it was us luckly 6 olcockers holding down the fort till 2:30.

Confetti sucks picking up, it was everywhere and it was going to stay everywhere because it was impossible to sweep up.
At 2 we headed back and that’s when Sara and I witnessed another fight right outside of the starbucks on the west side. Not even 5 feet behind us where security Disney brought in for the night and they clearly had no clue what just happened. Instead they all just stood around talking. We told them that some guy just got sucker punched in the face out of no where. They were going to take care of it but then another security guy came to them with a lost child. Oh happy new year, I’m going home.

We got back to the facilities to clock out at 2:30. Many of the Cps decided to walk back to the complexes, clearly they’re crazy. They thought the traffic was going to be horrible but I caught the bus right away and got home around 3:15.

Thursday January 1

I heard Brittany moving around today and when I woke up it wasn't even 7. Turns out she picked up an early afternoon shift and had to go check in her parents at riverside before she worked.

I ended up waking up at 12 and started to move but was lazy until 1:30ish. Then I got ready for another fun day at dtd back to my original schedule.

When I got to work I got zone 10. Not bad but not all that exciting either. However when we did our breakout meeting I got switched to tables. I don't know if that was even better.
On my walk to the market place I accompanied by my favorite engineering manager, Lee. We talked about a whole lot about myself, more like after awhile he learned I don't small talk so he kept the conversation going. We talked my stupid dimple, my time ending here, how I have to come back and visit, what I went to school for.
We got stopped at the waterview stage (pocket park) they were waiting for zone 6 to come and clean up a code v but with so many managers around I took charge, by that I just swept it up and it was done.

We kept on our way to the market place while he told me how he just walks around the whole dtd area and checks lights, sees if there are tripping hazards, you know engineering things. When we got to the market place he said how he got a Starbucks giftcard from someone and said he was going to get me something. It was Starbucks and I couldn't refuse (which is literally a first because I normally don't like when people buy me things)
At this time it was almost 5 and I knew sooner or later I was going to get in trouble for not doing my job.

My plan was to take my drink and leave it in the fridge at the breakroom. But lee asked if he could join me in the breakroom and said that if any managers asked where I was that he would talk to them.
DTD finally got rid of the stupid Christmas music they had and brought back the normal music loop which I was just so happy about. I was almost certain I would be ending my program with the dumb Christmas loop.
So we went to Lot A breakroom and his phones were just going off the hook.
He got a text from one of the engineers saying that a parking cm was in the warehouse saying he was pretty much an engineer. Lol get out you fool.

We talked about my program and he randomly said how I had the coolest eyes. Apparently poop eyes are cool, like no. Then he asked what the craziest thing I did on my program was. bed bugs?! Clearly I'm not a very crazy or exciting person, if you have been reading along you may have come to the conclusion that I was a child who just wanted to hang out in the parks or a grandma who didn't want to leave her bed.

I wasted so much time that it was time to get moving. I was thankful that I was tables because I literally had like 3 trash cans and nothing else to do.
Lee found me again and gave me a cup full of Christmas cookies that I was kind enough to share with my trainer, Ella

Tonight was literally SO busy! It was like a war zone in the market place, we were in desperate need of 2 people per zone again. I helped out zones 3 and 4 most of the night because they were always off doing trash runs. Then at 10 I cleaned up the whole waterside stage by myself, no manager around. Mostly because she is new, and doesn’t know what she is doing. And lets not rely on the full timers because they never come. I don’t know what they do when they lose all their CPs.

Made it through the night, walked to bus stop and it was packed. But you best believe I got a seat.

Continue to Next Post

I am so going to miss your reports when you leave. Thanks for all the entertainment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter