Got My Suitcase and a Dream – A DCP Adventure Updated 1/28

As this report is coming to an end I just wanted to thank you all for reading and taking time out of your busy days to actually read the hot mess I call my life. I've been home for almost a week and while I was glad to see my family, some things haven't gone as plan. Turns out my reason for coming home and not extending isn't a thing anymore, and how I wish I just took that extension. But thats life and I will talk more about that in another post about my non-existing life at home after the DCP

Thats a BIG 10:4!!! Week 21 Pt 2

Friday January 2

I woke up bright and early. My alarm went off at 7:45 and I Almost just went back to sleep. But agrabah was waiting and jasmine needed a big hug after the news I got last night.

I made it to mk by 9 and to Agrabah at 9:15. Then I realized I normally go to the 10:30 set but like all I could think about was going back home and sleeping before work.

Aladdin asked if I was the special princess he has heard about. Like you've heard of me because I've heard of you. It was different because throughout my whole program I met the baes but Aladdin’s friend was different today. It wasn't a bad thing though. Aladdin did however tell me not to go and that I can live in the marketplace forever.

Forever and always unimpressed with Jasmine

But deep down I love her

Overall me and alish are in denial that our meets at agrabah are coming to an end.
Since I came early I could hang out in the kingdom, so I roamed frontierland and country bears was down! Unacceptable Disney.
So I headed back to Patterson where I passed out before work because I'm a grandma who loves napping.

I headed off to my second last day of work where I would be stuck in zone 6 again all night.
One thing I miss is that I miss cms directing traffic like on New Year's Eve because we still need that. Especially at pocket park where a huge crowd forms when the entertainment starts performing.

The night went by. On my last trash run I ran into Nicholas Marks again, it’s been quite some time. He stopped me and we chatted. He said he was disappointed that he didn't get to know me better and he was said that it was my last day tomorrow.

After my trash run I met up with zone 5 and 7, Shirley and sky and we bummed it till we could head back to the facilities building.

Tonight a lot of the guest show were headed over to Applebee's for one last "party"
I rode with Shelby and 3 new ICPs from Brazil. One the way there they were talking in their “native” language while Shelby and I agreed that they were totally talking about us.

When we got to Applebee's it was packed. Before we went in gabby gave both Shelby and me a gift for being so sweet to her when she started. It was literally the nicest thing. She is a doll.

There was a good amount of us and we wouldn't be able to sit together. So 7 went off to their own booth while 12 of us squeezed in a big booth.
Since it was after 1am we all got buy one get one drinks to celebrate. Silly me forgot to bring my ID but once the waitress checked 4 she was done with carding. This will probably be the only moment in my life that this will happen.
I ordered double apps because go big or go home, but more like half off apps. I got buffalo boneless wings and I got in a huge argument because Shelby asked for double ranch for hers and clearly every knows blue cheese is whats needed for wings as well as pizza. "Buffalo" wings, blue cheese, its what Buffalonians do.

The night was filled with food, friends, drinks, and laughing and I can't believe after tomorrow it all ends.

Saturday January 3

Today was the day I never thought would come so soon. Today was my last day at work. I woke up around 9:30 and started packing up my costumes so I could send them back to costuming. Then I threw some more of my clothes in my suitcase, progress...baby steps. But not enough progress. That will come tomorrow.

I ended up passing out till 11:30. I woke back up and then headed off to dtd. I got there a little before 1. I dropped my costumes off at costuming then headed over to the marketplace. I treated myself to lunch and dinner at earls for completing the program.

Earls was packed like always so I took mine over to the deserted tables behind little miss match. While I was enjoying my earls club a family comes up to me with a map and asks if I speak Spanish. 1) I'm not working 2) Just because I'm tan does not mean I speak Spanish.
However I did point them into the direction they needed to go.

After earls I headed to WOD to do some last minute shopping. My families Christmas gifts to me was money so it was time to spend it. I finally purchased the varsity jacket as well as a nice crew neck.

I had about an hour to kill so I walked over to the west side.
I awkwardly spotted randy and his sister and tried my best to blend in with the crowd so I wasn't seen. Events happened and I wouldn't know what to say to him.

POCKET PARK!!!! But really guests will only know it as the waterview stage.

I found a bench and called home. Ma didn't answer so I called Gma. We talked about my day, kiss coming down, my cousins baby, life. Turns out Disney hates us cause our call got cut off. When I tried calling her back ma called me so I called Gma back and them ma. With ma we talked about my life, how my life is just a huge question mark when I get home and that's mostly why I don't want to go home.
Of course no phone call home to ma would be complete without a couple dropped calls. It was close to 3 and I headed off to the facilities building.

This was it, the final day. Tonight I got stuck in restrooms and of course my luck I was restroom 7. My dreams were crushed that I never got cirque.
Tonight was our finally breakout meeting. It was bittersweet, but our managers gave us a dtd pull string bag, which will soon be vintage with DTD switching over to Disney Springs.
Then we got our radios and headed out. Shirley and I were the only ones on west side so we hung out in the cirque break room for quite some time, pretty much we weren't in a rush for our last night. But I told her if she got a code v on a bus that I would go and help her. It's all about the team work.

Tonight was actually surprisingly easy. Early in my shift I passed BFF Nicholas marks. He stopped what he was doing and quickly came over to talk to me. He told me to enjoy my last day, wished me luck in my future and pulled me into a hug. Pretty much BFF status right there.

After my break I got a call to meet up with one of the managers. Turns out there was going to be a big gathering for one last waterside stage cleanup at 10.
I took my break early at 9 so I could make it to the market place in time. Sky, Shirley, Sara and I spent one last break in the cirque break room. A security officer was in there and saw the over flowing trash can, which led him to believe we weren't doing our job. My biggest pet peeve just because I'm guest show does not mean break rooms are my responsibility, and then he called a manager about it. So cool.

It was around 9:40 and we all headed down to the waterside stage. All the CPs were there, we cleaned it up and took a photo before the stage lights went off.

That’s a BIG 10:4!

Row 1 – Everyone’s favorite manager, Jason
Row 2 - Victor, Gaby, Shirley Rafah, me, Shelby, Sky, Sarah, Amanda, Carrie, Guest Show 1 Shirley
Row 3 – Alfonso, Marty, Ian, Bill, Zack, Julie, Michael, Marie Anne
Row 4 – Manny

We tried to stall as much as we could, Jason kept telling us to go back to our areas but that took about 5 times to say before we all actually started moving. The 11 o'clock CPs said their last goodbyes and we all headed our separate ways.

I had to get through one last clean up of my 2 restrooms and I was free! I got help with cirque from my trainer, Ella. We got things done.
Goodbye Mary and Bert its been real

Then it was 12:20 and it was almost time to clock out. People were crying and it was getting really emotional. Poor Ella seemed to take it the hardest she kept saying we were by far the best group, we didn't always call in and request ERs like previous cp groups. Then she just kept on going about how she didn’t want to train new people. We clocked out and took one last group photo with Ella.

One last message from Jason on CDS

No thank you mickey!

That was it, it was officially over.
I headed to the bus stop and of course it was late but it didn't matter because it was my last transtar bus ride!
When I got home emotions hit me like a ton of bricks and the fact that it's all ending was sinking in. Brittany's side of everything was gone, she warned me earlier that it would happen but I didn't think it would make me so sad. It was like a horrible break up that I wasn’t ready to try to pick up the pieces too. I took to twitter and so many others were going threw the same thing, don’t do the DCP it will ruin your life forever.

I randomly got a text from a friend back home checking in to make sure everything was ok and he just let me vent about everything. It's what I needed, he was going threw kind of the same thing about moving back home and having no clue what his life will be. And maybe that was my biggest fear about my life ending here, having my life at home being one giant question mark.

Continue to Next Post

Week 21 Pt 3

Sunday January 4

Today I woke fairly early and started packing up my room. Alish was picking up kiss at the airport at noon and I wanted to make sure I had mostly everything ready for when they arrived with the 2 extra suitcases. I took a break to walk to Chatham to get my graduation ears and certificate since I missed the graduation because I was sailing the high seas.

Alish and kiss came over around 1 with Burger King. Then it was time to get everything in suitcases, more like they sat around while I packed everything up. We tried figuring out what the plan was for tonight, tomorrow we were staying at the wilderness lodge but we had nothing for tonight. I could technically stay my last night at Patterson but I didn’t really want to stay in an empty apartment. With life events, Alish was staying at Danielle’s so she was just going to take Kiss there for the night but Alish also worked in the morning so we had no way to get to Wilderness lodge. So in the time of suffering with no place to live we did the only thing we could do. So alish called the cast line and we decided stay the night at Coronado springs. YOLO!

Kiss was a doll for taking down my bed risers and being smushed by my bed in the process

I finished packing everything up while alish and kiss tried to make everything fit in her car. Then I made a bag full of things for katt that I didn't want to throw out and waste. But it turns out she never got it and I have no clue if someone took it or if it was thrown out.
I headed to the club house and turned everything in, my key, housing ID and blue disney ID. I'm just a regular person now, how heartbreaking. I didn’t say goodbye to roommates I sort of just left. Well Brittany was already gone, Meagan left the day before and Zoe was the only one there. So pretty much I bailed out, it has been fun Patterson.

Hot mess…story of my life

We crammed in alishs car and headed to her apartment. She warned us about how she didn't know what her apartment my look like, Andy took everything of his as well as the furniture and left all her stuff. Randy came because they were canceling their lease. It was kind of awkward but alish told us earlier that he asked her if he could see us one last time before we left. So he was going to come hang out with us at wilderness lodge tomorrow. And that’s when Kiss and I became the children of a divorced family.

While for tonight, the siblings all piled back into the car and drove forever to Danielle's home. Alish needed to pick up her work stuff for tomorrow. Danielle and Jimmy are literally the best, they are super sweet. Danielle told me to keep her up to date about my Japan plans because she is also trying to go. As we were about to leave we also planned to go visit alish at work together tomorrow.

We left shortly after and headed to wilderness lodge to see if alish could show her ID tonight for the discount, since she had to go to work bright and early tomorrow. We stopped by mk costuming to turn in my last costume and then off to the lodge! I cannot wait to stay here!!! I won't be able to leave!

We once again piled back into the car and went off to meet Justin and his sister to play mini golf.
Fantasia mini golf was a happening place and we had to wait about 15 minutes to start.

Overall we all suck and are no tiger woods. Even though every time I went I would shout TIGER WOODS in hopes I would be good. spoiler alert: it never happened. Justin hit his ball into the water. Alish lost her ball multiple times in the bushes. The family behind us always had to wait because we were just horrible. But we had a fun time so I guess that’s all that mattered.

I was starving so we headed to the boardwalk and got some pizza. I was just in the mood to buy all the Disney food since it will no longer be my life anymore.
After pizza we went to beaches and cream and got some ice cream to go and took it to the beach and watched the ending of illuminations. We hung out on the beach; the breeze was making it a chilly night. But it was one of those moments in life where you didn’t want things to end.

As we headed back to the boardwalk alish wanted to take photos in the photo booth. So that's what we did we crammed all 5 in and took 2 rounds of photos because the first one was a complete fail but now she has horrible photos to hang up in japan.
And unimpressed sam made a comeback

Too end a great night us siblings finally headed over to Coronado to check into out room, and around this time it was already 10. On our way to the car I played some shake it off and the awkward dancing took place in the boardwalk parking lot. Clearly there is a reason why I have no friends. On our way to Coronado Blank Space came on, that was probably the fifth time today, and yet it never gets old!

We got to Coronado. I browsed the shops as alish and kiss checked in because I wasn't on the reservation. We got our room in ranchos. That’s when my journey here came around in full circle. I spent my night before check in at Coronado with Brittany and her parents and I’m ending my last night on my program here.

One last pile up in the car and to the room.

As we were settling down for the night my phone started ringing, like first off it was somewhat late why was someone calling me? It ended up being Brandon and I played the game of do I answer. I hardly ever talk on the phone but I decided to just pick up. It was a pretty short phone call, just that he wanted to say bye because he didn’t work on everyone’s last night because he was staying. At the end of the call Alish told me I used guys just like her... I don't even know what she meant by that.

Since we all couldn’t have separate beds we had to improvise, more like I improvised because clearly I’m unimpressed.

To finish off the night we watched pocahontas to get alish ready for her day at work tomorrow

Continue to Next Post

Thanks for sharing your life with everyone Sammi it was a great read and great to see a different side of disney. I'm sorry both you and your sister have had heart breaks during this time. I hope that you get to go Japan

Hey Sam, long time reader first time commenter ;)

I've loved reading this trip report and your experience of the DCP. It's made me super excited to check into my own ICP program tomorrow!! Hope you've settled back into 'regular' life and the post Disney depression doesn't last too long. All the best :D

Hi Sam!

I absolutely loved reading about your adventures. If you had decided to extend were you planning on changing roles or staying as Custodial?

I really enjoyed reading all about your adventures in the CP. I'm glad you survived New Year's Eve. It sounded very stressful.
Good luck with what ever you decide to do now that you're home. Are you thinking of going back to work for Disney some time in the future?
Liz

Seeing that empty bed brought a tear to my eye. Everything is going to work out for you. I remember when i was your age and felt that I didn't have many options. Trust me, your options are endless! Keep up your positive attitude and things will come to you!

Sam, I have enjoyed following along on your adventures so very much! I'm sad it's coming to an end (for now!)

I was very close to my grandmother so I love how close you are with yours. I wish you and your cute family all the best. When you make plans to go to Disney again I hope you'll start another report!

Good luck with whatever direction you take next! I'm sure you will be successful in anything you decide to do! :)

I have so enjoyed reading along and feel so sad that it's over. You seem like a remarkable person with quite the head on your shoulders. I am confident that you'll find your path! Thanks for sharing your CP with us! I look forward to a Japan trip report in the future!! :goodvibes

This has been a wonderful report and I am sad that you are sad back home!

Things will work out - everything happens for a reason and when one door closes, another one opens. I realize as a young person these things are hard to really believe but one day you will look back and see.

I hope you realize just how many people have been following your story and how many readers you have touched with your report.

hi- i was on the college program 21 years ago, and i loved reading your report, i wish I had kept a journal back then of my experience as we didn't have the internet back then.. Thanks for writing your journey... I loved reading it and found myself with tears forming on your last day.. i remember my last day as well! Thanks again for sharing

Hi Sam! I just wanted to stop by and say that I really enjoyed your report. popcorn:: It was so well written that I almost felt like some of your experiences were my own (and I wasn't fortunate enough to do the DCP). Thanks for all the effort you put into this report and good luck!!! :wave2:

Hey Sam!

Thanks for sharing your journey with us! You did a great job writing it even if it was just mostly to update family. I had to stop in and say Hi. Being a Sam also and share some Buffalove. I'm from just a little bit North of there. I hope life in the Ruff Buff has been good since you've gotten home. You had me cracking up with your Chicken Wing comment. Ranch WHAT?:rotfl2:

Living The Club Level Life Week 22 Pt 1

Monday January 5

Today alish woke up and left around 8. I fell back to sleep for about 20 more minutes before I got up and got ready for my last full day in Disney.
Kiss and I headed to cafe rix to grab some breakfast and wonder the resort. Disney never fails with the details they put into each resort.

We packed up our room and took a bus to mk. A DTD bus stopped and asked where we were going, he probably thought we needed a ride to the front, so his expression when I said Magic Kingdom threw him for a loop. We got weird looks for taking big carry ons on the bus to mk but like we were just going to hop on another bus to the lodge. Stop judging. However I should have spread the rumor that we won a stay in the castle suite.

The wilderness lodge though!!!! It has always been one of my favorite resorts and my dream to stay there. So the fact that it was happening was unreal. But obviously I wasn’t going to leave Disney until I stayed here.

We got ushered up to floor 7 where we checked in. It was odd because I wasn’t technically on the reservation and it was just alish and kiss, because we cheat the system to make a cheaper stay for club level. Plus Alish had no plans in staying when I booked it. And since I’m just a normal person now I didn’t have my cast ID to get the discount. However the cm didn't say anything about it. With everything all set he then walked us to our room. I'm not use to this luxury living.

The room though, so much excitement. We ended up just hanging out until 11:30 for refreshments.

Even before booking the room I claimed the chocolate totem pole

Some deep native words…

We didn’t go to Old Faithful Club right away because we didn’t want to be “those people” so we waited about 15 minutes.
Welcome to Club Level

I had some chips and lemonade. Then we decided to make our way to animal kingdom since we were meeting up with Danielle and jimmy. When we got there I hadn't heard anything from Danielle so we watched its tough to be a bug.

A family decided to barge threw and stop right in the middle while there was still a large crowd coming in behind us. So I was the one to tell them to keep moving all the way down. One lady in the group tried but it didn't work and the rest of her family decided to play dumb and pretend to not understand a word I was saying. So instead we walked over them to make more room. At the end of the show I wanted to be that guy and not move to make that family mad and pretend I didn’t understand what they were saying but I was the bigger person and Kiss said no…

After the show we walked around, Everest was packed so we headed to dinosaur and stopped at primeval. LOL always a good time on that ride. And its even better when you go on with strangers. I’m a limp noodle, sorry bout it.

Once we got off Danielle said they were arriving. So it was time to find us a poca. Her location was changing so much the past week we had no clue where it was.
She ended up being at discovery island. I found Danielle and in the crowd and we stopped to talked for a good while. She then showed us the gift she brought for Pocahontas. It was a little native nutcracker, Alish and I were actually expecting corn.
We then found the line thanks to the CM who said “just around the river bend” which was clever but we all should have seen that coming. There was already quite the line forming. While we were waiting Justin came walking up out of nowhere, it was literally a party!

Poca loved every minute of our meeting, even though she would say she hated all of us. We took up a lot of time, and she called me a potato!

Afterwards Danielle asked what we were doing because she was thinking once alish got off from work that we could all hang out at the parks. However that wouldn't happen because kiss and I became like children from a divorced family and needed to go visit dad.

But before we did that we went back to the resort and hung out, more like tried stalling. Around 4:30 we headed to the dock, it was brisk and I wasn’t entirely sure why I was going. Because lets be real Randy only wanted to hang out with Kiss because the bromance would be not a thing anymore. So off we went to the kingdom and met up with randy. No one could make up their mind to what to do so instead I made them watch dream along.

I made fastpasses earlier (and thanks to my maingate guest passes I had an extra fastpass for Randy) and off to thunder we went. With the back row which was by far fine by me because everyone knows goat effect works the best with that seat.

We ran to Andy's car at the contemporary because we had an hour left before wine and cheese was done at club level plus alish was on her way to the resort from work.

We all headed upstairs, with the help from kiss who scanned us up to club level

Got some food, which for this 2 hour cheese and wine they also had real food like shepherds pie, turkey roll ups. Unlike earlier for refreshments when I had to live off homemade chips and an orange.

Mom and dad were civil and that’s all I could ask for on my last night here. Club level food wasn’t enough for some people so we headed down to roaring forks for more food. Cause eating is something we are good at doing.

Continue to Next Post

I can't believe your program has ended already, it went so fast! Sold happy you were able to live your dream of working for the mouse!! I really enjoyed your report. I admire your work ethic. You were very dedicated.
I had no idea that Alisha and Andy have broken up. I feel sad but wish them both well.
Good luck to you as you begin the next chapter in your life!

I have really enjoyed your report and hope you keep us updated on your future plans!

Hi Sam - I have read your report since the beginning of your program and have really enjoyed following along! Sorry I haven't posted sooner but wanted to say I am sad to see it end. I wish you well on your next adventure.

Sam, thanks so much for posting your reports, I really enjoyed them. They just put up little tents around some benches at the new building for CP pickup, dont know if you saw that, but I think of you every day when I pass it since I work at Team Disney.

Wishing you all the best!
Marita

Sam, thanks so much for posting your reports, I really enjoyed them. They just put up little tents around some benches at the new building for CP pickup, dont know if you saw that, but I think of you every day when I pass it since I work at Team Disney.

Wishing you all the best!
Marita

Thank you for reading them! I literally hated that bus stop but I'm happy to hear that you think about me, I didn't know you worked at Team Disney. The tents showed up maybe the last month I was there, although they seemed pointless since the benches weren't even under them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter