Goofy Proposes, Fi Falls for Sleeping Beauty & we Celebrate our Engagement NEW 6/18!

DAY 7 – Pt. 1 – Does this ride come with a warning?!

*I apologize in advance for the lack of pictures in the update. I hope you don’t mind as I tell about our adventure getting to our park of choice for the day!*

Since we would be returning home the following day, we of course had to go out with a bang! And where else would we spend our final park day but…

The Magic Kingdom!

As you might have remembered from my earlier post, I really prefer to start my Disney vacations at the MK. Well, I also like to end them there!
So MK was the plan for today. We were hoping for a full day there, as we had an exciting event for the evening!

This was also the day of the half-marathon at Disney. Somehow, we have managed to end up in the World during marathon time during both this trip and our trip last year (even though last year our visit was in March). We had received the typical letter from the hotel about road closures and traffic delays and decided it might be best not to attempt to drive to the park that day.

And so we headed out to the bus stop, where we were greeted with more freezing temps and…rain!

Soon enough, the bus for the MK arrived and we, along with everyone and their brother pilled on to the bus. That thing was packed! Of course, we ended up standing up.

Now, not that I’m complaining about being on the bus or standing up, or anything like that…but let me just say that this “attraction” should have come with a warning (you know, the warning that scared me off of RnRC), because it was a wild ride, for sure!

Due to the many road closures, we took a really strange route getting to the park. For some reason, said route was the bumpiest, jerkiest ride imaginable (even worse than Dinosaur!). I’m not sure if it was our driver, or maybe the uneasiness of the ride was intensified by the packed setting and standing up, but it was quite unpleasant to say the least.

I can’t even count the number of times where I almost went flying to the front of the bus every time the driver would slam on the brakes. So much so, that even holding on (to the overhead rope things) with both hands wasn’t enough to keep me steady.

A normal ride to the MK probably wouldn’t have been so bad, but due to the congestion on the roads, it took us a grand total of…

ONE HOUR

To get to the Magic Kingdom! (And that was one hour on the bus alone – no waiting time factored in or anything) By the time we exited the bus, I had the worst headache and felt a little queasy. Of course being frozen and rained on wasn’t really helping matters, either.

Still though, we were at the MK! On our last park day! We were determined to have a good time and savor our final moments in the parks…

UP NEXT: Will our final park day be a success, or a complete failure?!

ONE HOUR?! :scared1: I'm sorry! Eep. I probably would have got sick :sick: on that bus ride, I was feeling sick just from the standard travel times by bus to the parks! I'm sure your day will get better! You sound a lot like me, I love to start with MK and end with MK, too! :)

P.S. Stop over by my PTR and read my most recent update, I think you'll like it. :thumbsup2

ONE HOUR?! :scared1: I'm sorry! Eep. I probably would have got sick :sick: on that bus ride, I was feeling sick just from the standard travel times by bus to the parks! I'm sure your day will get better! You sound a lot like me, I love to start with MK and end with MK, too! :)

P.S. Stop over by my PTR and read my most recent update, I think you'll like it. :thumbsup2

I just posted over on your PTR! :laughing: Great minds think alike!

Ugh, it was a terrible ride for sure. :scared:That's why I love driving while I'm there - sometimes you just never know what you're going to get with the buses!

I absolutely agree-- MK HAS to be our last park! It's so incredible hard to walk out and leave, but it has to be our final place!!
I would have DIED being on the bus for an hour-- DBF and I seemingly always stood last trip and the 10 minute rides from POR to the parks was bad enough!!

Holy cow!! ONE hour! That's crazy!! I can relate to the bumpy bus ride--we had a few of those our last trip! Well, I hope things get better for you especially since it's your last day!

I absolutely agree-- MK HAS to be our last park! It's so incredible hard to walk out and leave, but it has to be our final place!!
I would have DIED being on the bus for an hour-- DBF and I seemingly always stood last trip and the 10 minute rides from POR to the parks was bad enough!!

I can't imagine starting or ending at any park other than MK! The castle has to be the first and last thing I see at Disney! :love:

I seriously felt like I was going to be sick on that bus :sick:

Holy cow!! ONE hour! That's crazy!! I can relate to the bumpy bus ride--we had a few of those our last trip! Well, I hope things get better for you especially since it's your last day!

It was ridiculous! I couldn't believe it actually took that long, and that it was so rough! :scared1:

At least you didnt topple over in the bus. I know one time I almost did because I was so concern to make sure my lil niece didn't fall. Lol. I hope your day got better after that.

I'm sorry it took so long for you to get there! I hate it when that happens! Sometimes I go why am I not driving here again???

At least you didnt topple over in the bus. I know one time I almost did because I was so concern to make sure my lil niece didn't fall. Lol. I hope your day got better after that.

I was so close to falling over...numerous times! I think that's what really got me - I was literally holding on for dear life with both hands and that almost wasn't enough to keep me from flying! :scared1:

That is unreal! :eek: Were you freaking out that you missed all that park time?

For the majority of the ride I was mostly thinking about trying to stay standing up! Although by the time we pulled into the park it was about 10:00! :eek: Once I realized what time it was I definitely started to worry we were going to run into terrible lines. Although as you will see in my next update, there ended up being no need to worry :rolleyes1

I'm sorry it took so long for you to get there! I hate it when that happens! Sometimes I go why am I not driving here again???

It just reaffirmed our love for driving to the parks! On our first trip to the world together we took the buses all the time (even though I had my car) and that was enough for us! We've been driving ever since. :thumbsup2

Hi Courtney!

I'm joining this party a little late, but HI! :goodvibes

I've been enjoying your trip report thus far and look forward to reading about your last day at MK after what sounded like an evil bus ride.

popcorn:: - Carey

one hour on the bus?! Yikes! I guess its better than having to wait that long on your first day to the first park!

I cannot believe it took you an hour to get to MK! What an ADVENTURE, huh??? :scared1:

Can't wait to see how your final day at the MK goes. Too bad about freezing to death. Not exactly FL weather, huh?

Hi Courtney!

I'm joining this party a little late, but HI! :goodvibes

I've been enjoying your trip report thus far and look forward to reading about your last day at MK after what sounded like an evil bus ride.

popcorn:: - Carey

:welcome: I'm so glad you're joining in on my TR! Thanks for reading along! :goodvibes

one hour on the bus?! Yikes! I guess its better than having to wait that long on your first day to the first park!

That's true - at least we we didn't have that kind of ride on our first day, although it kind of put a damper on our last :guilty:

I cannot believe it took you an hour to get to MK! What an ADVENTURE, huh??? :scared1:

Can't wait to see how your final day at the MK goes. Too bad about freezing to death. Not exactly FL weather, huh?

Personally, I think that was the wildest "ride" we took all week! :lmao: And no, not Florida weather at all! Especially those last two days... :sad2:

Woah, that was one ridiculous bus ride!
I've never driven at Disney, so I don't know anything other than using the buses. But there have definitely been times (especially leaving DTD) when using the buses seems like a special form of torture. At least in the hot weather, the AC is usually enough of a treat to make up for it!

Woah, that was one ridiculous bus ride!
I've never driven at Disney, so I don't know anything other than using the buses. But there have definitely been times (especially leaving DTD) when using the buses seems like a special form of torture. At least in the hot weather, the AC is usually enough of a treat to make up for it!

We really do love driving :thumbsup2 There is something special about Disney transportation though - it just makes you feel a little more immersed in the magic. :wizard: It's not the ride that bothers me - it's mostly waiting at the end of the day for a bus to come. Usually by that point I just want to get back to the resort...not stand for 20 minutes waiting on a bus! :eek:

DAY 7 – Pt. 2

So after our crazy, hour-long bus ride, we finally made it to the Magic Kingdom! By the time we arrived, it was around 10:00 and I was worried we were going to run into longer lines than we had hoped for, but we were greeted by a nearly empty park! There was literally no one in the MK! Apparently the rain and the frigid temps (this day felt the coldest of the whole week) were keeping people away.

Naturally, the first thing on our list was to stop for a few pictures of the castle…
b96e5702.jpg

bfcdb536.jpg

See how empty the place was?! And how miserably cold we were?!

There weren’t too many PP photographers out due to the rain, but we did manage to find one! I think this pic really showcases the beautiful Christmas decorations on Main Street.
bf2e4df0.jpg

After spending some time on Main Street, it was off to our first stop of the day. We knew exactly where we wanted to go …

Space Mountain! Off to Tomorrowland we went!
f45fbf6d.jpg

We were unable to ride earlier in the week due to such long lines, so we were happy to find that SM had no wait at all!

Now, we rode SM last year and we both loved it – I literally giggled the whole way. However, this time…well, not so much.

I’m not sure if something was changed during the recent refurb, or if it was just my already shaken state, namely my massive headache (due to the bus ride of doom), but I exited SM feeling worse than I did before I got on. I felt like the whole time I was just being bounced and jerked around. The whole thing was uncomfortable.

FI, of course, thoroughly enjoyed his ride and requested we get two fastpasses for later, which we did.

We then decided to go on the TTA. Would you believe it was my first time?! I did find some of the facts interesting, and the part where you go through SM was neat, but we were honestly kind of miserable sitting there in the cold.

As we were leaving Tomorrowland we were both feeling a little discouraged. So far, our last day in the parks was not living up to what we hoped it would be.

FI declared that he was hungry (totally strange for him, as he is almost never hungry before noon – it was about 10:30 now) and we were both desperate to get out of the cold and rain. I knew just the place to go!

The Main Street bakery! I figured we could get a yummy pastry and bask in the warmpth of the restaurant for a while. Certainly that would improve our moods!

I ordered the Ham, Egg & Cheese croissant and FI got a Chocolate croissant.
cfd665f9.jpg

de2bf4c0.jpg

Yum! Both of these were so good, and just what we needed. Plus, how can you not be in a good mood when you’re in the Main Street Bakery? That place is just so cute!

When we finished our treats, we strolled back down Main Street in search of better luck…

UP NEXT: Would our (bad) luck continue, or would things turn around?

Oh, and I promise more pics are coming! We didn't take too many during the day because of the rain, but we certainly made up for it during our evening! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter