• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Goofy Proposes, Fi Falls for Sleeping Beauty & we Celebrate our Engagement NEW 6/18!

Hi Courtney!
I am loving your report!! So much to comment on!!! First Congrats on your engagement. I love all your pictures!!! I read that you stayed at POFQ on your last trip! We are staying there again in Janaury! Did you like it?

What a great view from your room!! I was thinking that I want to wear a pedometer on the next trip!! ok... I also love all the places you ate at and your reviews are great!! Cant wait to read some more.

Hi Nickie! Thanks for coming over - I'm so glad you are enjoying my TR! :goodvibes Yes, we stayed at POFQ last year and loved it! :love: I stayed there a lot as a child, so it holds a special place in my heart. It's my Disney home. There are just so many good things I can say about it - I especially like the size of the resort, everything is within a short walking distance which I really liked (I know the other mods are much bigger). Also, walking the streets at night was so peaceful and romantic - it's just a beautiful resort! I hope you love it as much as we do! :cloud9:

Sorry the noise was off on TT-- you're right, that's half the fun! That's the part that makes you feel like you're on a race track-- if I wanted to just go in a car that went 60 mph and nothing else, I'd just jump in my own at home. No need to go to Disney!!

HI!!!! I am so sorry I have been away. Lots of bday planning!

Great update!! We love eating at Sunshines. We have never gotten a full meal, though. It looked delish!!

I am so sorry TT was not working. That must have been why they shut it down for us!! UH-OH! Anxious to hear what was so stressful!

Sorry the noise was off on TT-- you're right, that's half the fun! That's the part that makes you feel like you're on a race track-- if I wanted to just go in a car that went 60 mph and nothing else, I'd just jump in my own at home. No need to go to Disney!!

:laughing: That's so true! It just goes to show how there really are no rides at Disney - only attractions! And the sounds is definitely part of the attraction!

HI!!!! I am so sorry I have been away. Lots of bday planning!

Great update!! We love eating at Sunshines. We have never gotten a full meal, though. It looked delish!!

I am so sorry TT was not working. That must have been why they shut it down for us!! UH-OH! Anxious to hear what was so stressful!

Hey Katie- don't worry at all about being away! I have been away from the boards for a week now and I'm so behind! :eek:

I definitely think the malfunctioning sound could be why you all weren't able to ride TT! I thought about that when I read it was shut down for you. :guilty:

Hi DIS Friends! Sorry I haven't been around much this week - I just started a new job this past Monday. I was previously working part-time but this position is full-time so it's been quite an adjustment to say the least! I'm planning on getting an update posted tonight or tomorrow! :thumbsup2

Hey! Courtney
congrats! on the new job...
sorry I haven't been around; I'm trying to catch up on all my threads...
will be back to catch up some more later...:wave:

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
:wave2: Connie

congrats on the new job! What are you doing?

Thank you! :goodvibes I'm working in the accounting department for a law firm here in Atlanta. So far so good! :thumbsup2

Hey! Courtney
congrats! on the new job...
sorry I haven't been around; I'm trying to catch up on all my threads...
will be back to catch up some more later...:wave:

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
:wave2: Connie

Thanks Connie! :goodvibes Take your time catching up - I'm still trying to do the same thing! And happy mother's day to you! :)

DAY 6 – Pt. 3

This is probably the night that I was most looking forward to on our trip, mostly because of where we would be dining! Tonight we would be heading over to the Poly to eat at O’hanas! FI and I were both so excited to try this restaurant. In fact, I even bought him a Hawaiian shirt for Christmas for the occasion!
7a0c19bc.jpg

Since we knew we would be returning to EPCOT to see Illuminations after our meal, we decided to drive over to EPCOT and then take the monorail to the Poly. Our reservation for O’Hana was at 6:50 and our plan was to leave AKL around 5:30. I don’t recall the exact time we left, but I know it was pretty close to our planned time – sometime between 5:30 and 5:45 I guess. I figured that a little more than an hour would give us plenty of time to get there, especially since we would be driving to EPCOT and wouldn’t have to worry about waiting on a bus. However, knowing that we would be waiting on a monorail made me a bit nervous! I hate to be late, hate thinking I’m going to be late, and I was worried we would be late!

Earlier in the week, while waiting for our table at Le Cellier, we overhead the hostess talking to a party that came in after their reservation time. She explained that, since they were more than 15 minutes late for their ADR time, the restaurant did not have to seat them. They would try their best, but there was no guarantee. Knowing that O’Hana is such a popular restaurant, I was worried that if we were too late we might not get to eat there! And we really wanted to try out O’Hana!

And so we made our way to EPCOT and had a journey to walk to get to the entrance, where we ran up to the monorail platform right as one was pulling out! Since one just left, I was worried it would be a long time before another showed up. I’m not sure how much time we had left by this point, but I knew I was getting worried!

Luckily, it wasn’t too long before another monorail pulled up and we hopped on. Of course, we had to get off at the TTC to switch trains. By this point I was so nervous I was feeling nauseous. We exited one monorail and within 5 minutes were getting on the one that would take us to the Poly. I was so thankful the Poly was the first stop! I believe we got to the Poly at 6:45, so right in time! I hurriedly checked in and then I could relax! We were so excited!
ff7ac274.jpg

I loved the wording on the buzzer, how it went along with the theme of the restaurant! Disney does not miss any detail!
b2d93670.jpg

We loved looking at the fire pit, and how the chefs fit right in to the island atmosphere!
8ff3c623.jpg

2e618aca.jpg

After about 10 minutes, we were lead to our table. I was so hoping for a table with a window view since I knew we would be in the restaurant during Wishes. I hadn’t added our engagement celebration to this reservation so I didn’t want to get my hopes up too much.

However, I was very excited to see that we were being taken right to a table near the window! I could see the glowing castle in the distance and knew we would have the perfect spot for Wishes!

Very quickly our waiter came over and explained that at O’Hana, everyone was a cousin – loved that! We of course had to order a famous Lapu Lapu! We decided just to order one to share since it looked to be so massive!
e7717443.jpg

bac070b6.jpg

This was tasty, although not quite as good as what I was expecting. It was definitely strong though! Also, there wasn’t as much in the pineapple as I thought there would be. We were sharing, but this was gone pretty quickly. Still though, it’s fun to drink out of pineapple, and for that reason, we would order one again in the future!

Next, our cousin brought us the delicious bread and salad. Both of these were so tasty, but I tried hard not to fill up too fast – I knew there would be plenty of food coming our way!
9cc4f2b6.jpg

Next came the pot stickers and chicken wings!
3a8f0e57.jpg

I loved the pot stickers, and Miguel loved the chicken wings, so we were both pretty happy!

And the broccoli and noodles! I will admit, I didn’t eat one piece of broccoli…
153784b6.jpg

And finally, it was time for the real show to start! Our cousins came around and brought us lots of tasty meats – pork, shrimp, steak, everything was so very good!

And like we weren’t stuffed enough after all of that, then it was time for the much-hyped bread pudding.
17a08057.jpg

Oh my! This was amazing. We tried a lot of “hyped” foods on this trip – cheese soup from Le Cellier, Lapu Lapu, zebra domes – and were pretty much underwhelmed with all of them. But this dessert definitely has the right to be hyped. It was so delicious!

About the time that we were receiving our dessert, the lights lowered in the restaurant and Wishes started! It was such a neat experience being able to experience the sights and sounds of the show from the comfort of our table at O’Hana (and with a big’ ol bowl of bread pudding). I felt so lucky that we were given that particular table – it made our already magical trip so much more special.

Soon enough, Wishes ended, and our bellies were so stuffed we could hardly stand! I was also keeping an eye on my watch, and around 8:15 I figured we needed to get going if we were going to make it back to EPCOT by 9:00 for Illuminations.

UP NEXT: Uh oh, more stress and nerves! Will we make it to EPCOT on time and achieve our goal of watching Wishes and Illuminations in the same night?

Hi Courtney!
I finally had time to catch up on your TR. You guys had such a fun trip and you are both so stinkin cute! I love the picture of you after your meal at Sunshine Seasons.. adorable!

Dinner at 'Ohana looked amazing! I love that place, and the ridiculous amounts of food they bring you.

Hi Courtney!
I finally had time to catch up on your TR. You guys had such a fun trip and you are both so stinkin cute! I love the picture of you after your meal at Sunshine Seasons.. adorable!

Dinner at 'Ohana looked amazing! I love that place, and the ridiculous amounts of food they bring you.

Yay! Glad you're all caught up! :yay: And thank you! :goodvibes O'Hana was definitely our favorite meal of the trip - I have been aching to go back ever since!

Congrats on the new job, Courtney---I hope everything works out with it! :thumbsup2

Love the update of your dinner at 'Ohana--That was fantastic that you got a table by the windows to watch "Wishes." We love that bread pudding-So glad it didn't "underwhelm" you! :)

Awesome update!!!! Ohana is the BEST place in the world. I am so glad that you got to experience it! I was nervous there for a second ;)

You sound like you were seated right where we were last year! Watching wishes from Ohana is a dream :cloud9: My DH and I always talk about the "smell" of Ohana and the Poly. Just amazing.

Congrats on the new job :thumbsup2 Hope that does not take too much time away from the DIS :lmao:

Mmmm...love that strawberry shortcake from SS!!! We haven't had dinner at Ohana yet (only breakfast) but we hope to next trip.

Best wishes with your new job!

Congrats on the new job! I love FI with the drink, he looks so festive.

Thank you! :goodvibes I know, with the Hawaiian shirt, lei and pineapple drink, Miguel definitely fit in at the Poly! :rotfl:

Congrats on the new job, Courtney---I hope everything works out with it! :thumbsup2

Love the update of your dinner at 'Ohana--That was fantastic that you got a table by the windows to watch "Wishes." We love that bread pudding-So glad it didn't "underwhelm" you! :)

Thanks, Michelle! :goodvibes We were so lucky to seated where we were. We just had a lot of pixie dust on this trip and we felt so blessed! :cloud9: I was so happy that I finally found something that lived up to the hype - that bread pudding was amazing! :thumbsup2 Actually, the whole meal was amazing!

Awesome update!!!! Ohana is the BEST place in the world. I am so glad that you got to experience it! I was nervous there for a second ;)

You sound like you were seated right where we were last year! Watching wishes from Ohana is a dream :cloud9: My DH and I always talk about the "smell" of Ohana and the Poly. Just amazing.

Congrats on the new job :thumbsup2 Hope that does not take too much time away from the DIS :lmao:

I was so nervous we weren't going to make it on time! We both would have been really disappointed if we had to miss out on O'Hana.

And thanks about the job! :goodvibes Last week I was just energy-less trying to get adjusted but hopefully now that it's getting more normal I'll still have plenty of time for the DIS! :yay:

Mmmm...love that strawberry shortcake from SS!!! We haven't had dinner at Ohana yet (only breakfast) but we hope to next trip.

Best wishes with your new job!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Oooh, you must have dinner at O'Hana! It was the best meal of our entire trip - everything about it was just wonderful. :thumbsup2

LOVE this update!! O'hana is my all-time favorite restaurant at WDW!! I'm so happy that you had a window table and that you had the perfect spot to view Wishes!! And yes, that bread pudding is TDF!!! :lovestruc I can't wait to eat there again in a few weeks!!

All caught up again! You make your dinner sound so good at Ohana! Now I really want to try it. Glad you made it there on time and had a nice view of Wishes. It sounds so wonderful. :goodvibes

LOVE this update!! O'hana is my all-time favorite restaurant at WDW!! I'm so happy that you had a window table and that you had the perfect spot to view Wishes!! And yes, that bread pudding is TDF!!! :lovestruc I can't wait to eat there again in a few weeks!!

Thanks, Becky! :goodvibes I'm so jealous - I wish I was eating at O'Hana in a few weeks! I would say its my fav disney restaurant too. :thumbsup2

All caught up again! You make your dinner sound so good at Ohana! Now I really want to try it. Glad you made it there on time and had a nice view of Wishes. It sounds so wonderful. :goodvibes

The dinner was amazing - you must try O'Hana :thumbsup2 Especially if you get to watch Wishes, it's just magical! :cloud9:

I love Ohana! We have been on every trip - except last year we had reservations on Mothers Day and there was a big fire and we couldnt eat there... but we went this past year and it was good and will be going as a whole family in January and for the first time have a reservation that will let us see Wishes from there. Do you have any pics from Wishes from Ohana? We got one of those drinks too and it was too strong for me... I had to give it to my hubby :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter