• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Goofy Proposes, Fi Falls for Sleeping Beauty & we Celebrate our Engagement NEW 6/18!

Hi!!!! Sorry I haven't been around, I lost track of you!! I found you TR before I figured out how to subscribe to a thread!! But I am caught up again!! I remember the day of the sleet!! It did it at our house too!! I have pictures!! So happy about your good luck at O'Hana, my husband and I are going in a month and 2 days!!! I can not wait, we are calling it our second honeymoon, it will be awesome!!

Can't wait to read more!

p.s. sorry for all the exclamation points, too much mountain dew this morning!!!:rotfl:

Hey Courtney,:goodvibes

I have just found your trip report and spent all night catching up, I love it you had such a fab time, I was sooo disapointed when I realisd I had got to the last page and there was no more to read.

Cant wait for the next instalment!!:thumbsup2

I love Ohana! We have been on every trip - except last year we had reservations on Mothers Day and there was a big fire and we couldnt eat there... but we went this past year and it was good and will be going as a whole family in January and for the first time have a reservation that will let us see Wishes from there. Do you have any pics from Wishes from Ohana? We got one of those drinks too and it was too strong for me... I had to give it to my hubby :rotfl2:

That's right - I remember reading about the fire in one of your reports! :eek: I hope you get a table by the window when you go so you can see Wishes! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures. I figured I would just enjoy the moment you know? :goodvibes And yes, that Lapu Lapu is strong! It was probably a good thing Miguel and I split one! :rotfl:

Hi!!!! Sorry I haven't been around, I lost track of you!! I found you TR before I figured out how to subscribe to a thread!! But I am caught up again!! I remember the day of the sleet!! It did it at our house too!! I have pictures!! So happy about your good luck at O'Hana, my husband and I are going in a month and 2 days!!! I can not wait, we are calling it our second honeymoon, it will be awesome!!

Can't wait to read more!

p.s. sorry for all the exclamation points, too much mountain dew this morning!!!:rotfl:

I'm glad you're all caught up again! :goodvibes That sleet was crazy - I knew I wasn't imagining things!

Awww, have fun on your second honeymoon! :cloud9: And don't worry about the exclamation points - I use a lot too! ;)

Hey Courtney,:goodvibes

I have just found your trip report and spent all night catching up, I love it you had such a fab time, I was sooo disapointed when I realisd I had got to the last page and there was no more to read.

Cant wait for the next instalment!!:thumbsup2

:welcome: I'm so glad you're enjoying the report! I should be getting the next update up either tonight or tomorrow! I'm so excited to have you reading along! :goodvibes

DAY 6 – Pt. 4

After paying for our delicious meal at O’Hana, we hurried out of the Poly and luckily, did not have much of a wait for a monorail.
5a082fdf.jpg

We zoomed back over to the TTC to switch monorails once again, but this time, we had a bit of a wait! :eek:

Finally, a monorail arrived and we were off to EPCOT. I think we pulled into EPCOT around 8:55! FI and I literally ran to WS – this would be our final opportunity to see Illuminations in its entirety, and we really did not want to miss it! We approached the start to WS (over on the Canada side) right as the show started! We had made it!

Illuminations was absolutely wonderful. We had a pretty decent spot (only blocked by a couple of trees and a few kiddos) and thoroughly enjoyed the whole show!
e8c65162.jpg

ba9ce423.jpg

6032ae43.jpg

4c21dace.jpg

08a9a053.jpg

615589d3.jpg

I saw on the way in to the park that EPCOT was having EMH this evening (somehow I didn’t realize this as I was planning) and would be open until 11:00. Although, for some reason I assumed it was just WS. :confused3 So, when Illuminations ended and the hordes made their way to the front of the park, FI and I decided to go against the grain and take another stroll around WS.

This was one of my favorite moments of the trip. We felt no sense of rush and just enjoyed the atmosphere of World Showcase, which was so beautiful at night.
62863e6e.jpg

2dc43a82.jpg

597e2cf1.jpg

We strolled, hand in hand for probably about 30 minutes until we completed our journey and were back in Future World. Come to find out, FW was open for EMH as well!

At this point, we were pretty relaxed and just enjoying the moment and each other and honestly, the thought of doing another round of our favorites wasn’t even brought up. But, we did have to take one last ride at EPCOT…
On Test Track! I was so excited about riding TT at night – I felt like I was going to get to experience one of my favorite attractions in a whole new way!

We were literally giddy as we waiting in line for TT (about 30 minutes but we didn’t care!) I was hoping and praying the sound would be up and running for our last ride since in the afternoon it was broken, and luckily it was! This was definitely one of my favorite rides on TT! Zooming around at nighttime after a delicious meal and a romantic stroll around WS was the perfect was to end the night.

As our ride on TT ended, FI and I decided it was time to head out for the evening. Tomorrow would be our last day in the parks and we needed to rest up for the occasion!

As we made our way back to AKL, we noticed some large trucks at the hotel entrance holding massive crates. We quickly realized they were taking down the Christmas trees! We were sad to see the trees go, but it was also pretty interesting getting a “behind the scenes” look at how they undecorate the hotel. We of course had to stop for a few more pictures of the AKL tree – you can see the caution tape in some of them!
ff2b59ea.jpg

b1711e2f.jpg

e3ff4b98.jpg

After saying good-bye to the beautiful trees, we headed off to our room and very quickly drifted off to sleep.

UP NEXT: Does this ride come with a warning?!

YAY! SOO happy you made it to EPCOT! And you got a great spot!

I love WS at night! It was a great idea to hang back and enjoy the sights. I can not wait to ride TT! Wahoo!

Awww they must have just taken down the Christmas tree at the WL as well right before we got there :sad2: The AKL tree is just beautiful!! Can't wait to see what ride you are talking about popcorn::

YAY! :yay: You did it---you caught Wishes and Illuminations on the same night!

Strolling around WS at night sounds terribly romantic, if you ask me. The buildings looks so pretty all lit up.

OK, sad about the beautfiul Christmas decorations coming down, but how fantastic to catch a glimpse of a behind-the-scenes moment. :thumbsup2 I saw that special on HGTV last Nov/Dec, about how they decorate for the holidays, and let me tell you, it was amazing the way they get it all done !

YAY! SOO happy you made it to EPCOT! And you got a great spot!

I love WS at night! It was a great idea to hang back and enjoy the sights. I can not wait to ride TT! Wahoo!

Awww they must have just taken down the Christmas tree at the WL as well right before we got there :sad2: The AKL tree is just beautiful!! Can't wait to see what ride you are talking about popcorn::

I was so worried we wouldn't make it back to EPCOT in time but I was thrilled when we did! Although, I don't think I'll ever schedule a dinner that late again if I'm trying to get back to a park for fireworks - it was so stressful! :scared:

World Showcase was just beautiful. It was such a great way to start winding down our trip. The next time we're at Disney I'm definitely planning an evening in WS so we can spend some more time there! :thumbsup2

Yeah, I think you all must have come in right as the resorts we getting un-decorated. :guilty: But, at least you'll be seeing WL in all its Christmas beauty later this year!!! :woohoo:

YAY! :yay: You did it---you caught Wishes and Illuminations on the same night!

Strolling around WS at night sounds terribly romantic, if you ask me. The buildings looks so pretty all lit up.

OK, sad about the beautfiul Christmas decorations coming down, but how fantastic to catch a glimpse of a behind-the-scenes moment. :thumbsup2 I saw that special on HGTV last Nov/Dec, about how they decorate for the holidays, and let me tell you, it was amazing the way they get it all done !

I felt like we had really accomplished something seeing both shows in one night! :yay: However, I think that will be the last time we attempt that - I was so nervous we were going to miss Illuminations, which was the show we really wanted to see. I'm so glad we made it though! And WS was so lovely and romantic. It was also pretty empty so that made it extra special. :love:

I saw the HGTV special too last year! That show was part of the reason that I was so thrilled to get to Disney and see it still decorated. I thought that all of the decor would be down by the time we got there, and that show had me so wanting to see the decorations! I'm so glad we still got to experience Christmas at Disney, even if it was in January! :goodvibes

And I wish I had of taken a picture of the crates that they store the trees in. They were huge! For a second there, I thought they were bringing in a new animal for the savannah! :lmao:

What an amazing night!! That bread pudding is by far my favorite dessert at Disney-- honestly, probably the best restaurant dessert I've ever had! Love it!!
Wishes + Illuminations in one night-- perfect!!

What an amazing night!! That bread pudding is by far my favorite dessert at Disney-- honestly, probably the best restaurant dessert I've ever had! Love it!!
Wishes + Illuminations in one night-- perfect!!

It was definitely an amazing night! :cloud9:Probably my favorite of the trip (although the following night was pretty special too :rolleyes1) I'm really glad we got to experience both Wishes and Illuminations - but it was definitely a little stressful! I think I'll stick to one fireworks show from now on!

Oh wow, Courtney! What an amazing evening!! So glad you were able to make it back to Epcot in time to see Illuminations!! I can't wait to see it this trip as it was rained out last year! I haven't seen it since '94! AKL is so pretty all decorated for Christmas!! Can't wait to see it in December!! :lovestruc

Oh wow, Courtney! What an amazing evening!! So glad you were able to make it back to Epcot in time to see Illuminations!! I can't wait to see it this trip as it was rained out last year! I haven't seen it since '94! AKL is so pretty all decorated for Christmas!! Can't wait to see it in December!! :lovestruc

Oh Becky, you are going to love Illuminations! It is such a beautiful show! :cloud9: I just love EPCOT at night - we had such a wonderful time there for sure! It was definitely a night to remember! :love:

You ran from the entrance of Epcot to WS in 5 minutes after eating at O'Hana without puking?????? You are my new hero :love: :rotfl2:

What an awesome night! Can't wait to read about your last park day, I'm sure you managed to jam-pack it with good times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter