Goodings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seren

Earning My Ears
We are postponing the trip until January. Thanks all for your information.

I think the Publix down the street on 535 takes them.. I thought I saw someone ask on my last visit.

I think I'd cancel this trip. Even if you lose your deposit, that's still less money than you'd be spending on the trip.

We have been saving for this trip for a long time. We have already cut our budget for this vacation drastically and with that have plenty of savings until the new job starts (soon, after the person retires). EBT does not count savings only income.

It's my tax dollars as well that support the program and I see no problem with taking a service that I qualify for. I'm sorry that others don't feel the same.

The program is for people who need it or won't be able to eat. If you can go on vacation and have more than enough money in savings for a few months, well I just find that as abuse against those who really need such systems.

But you knew this would come up, since you only have 2 posts on the board. popcorn::

I would lose a lot on airfare also. I am not sure its worth it to just cancel.

my SIL works for the food stamp program here. yes it is for people who need it, it is a supplement, not intended to cover their entire food needs.
she can also have a certain amount in savings.
the OP must have met all the guidelines for the program or she would not be getting it.
OP I hope everything works out for you.

To the OP...I would try to stay away from Goodings to make the EBT funds stretch a little further. A box of Triscuits was $5.00! Winn Dixie is just a few blocks away and Walmart is a little further up the road (in the opposite direction).

I hope you find magic in your Disney vacation.

5.00! Is Winn Dixie within walking distance from DTD or would I need a cab?

Thank you

Wouldn't it be so much better for your peace of mind to cancel the trip???

We are nowhere near close enough to be on food stamps, but had to cancel our trip this year because of finances. I can't even begin to imagine taking it if I had to rely on the govt for food. You might lose a little from your deposit, but it would be a whole lot more than what you've probably got to spend right now.

I'm not sure about others posting but, my family of 5 has a trip coming up in july. If I cancelled I wouldn't just lose a deposit. I would lose about 2,000 in airplane tickets then on top the deposits.
So as everyone can see. Sometimes cancelling isn't just a few hundred dollars. It can be thousands.
If you are going to do the trip, Go and have a magical time.

I'd go to Disney. Can you pack some food to bring. Try to Google taxis in Orlando and give them a call. Good Luck and have a great trip if you decide to go.

:idea:

Hi OP,
I have an idea that might be helpful to you:

Check a bicycle in your luggage. Sure it might get tossed around a bunch and you'd have to pay the baggage charge, but think of the savings! Your DH could ride it, you or one of the kids on the handle bars, a couple of bags of groceries hanging from the handle and voila! no need for a cab. And heck, you'd be able to go get your own pizzas, carry out from the grocery deli, everything you could need for a budget trip, just a pedal away!

Also, I think you are wise to go foward with a trip while on public assistance. After all, by spending you are contributing to growing the economy, are you not? As a tax payer I don't at all mind. If you stay in the room next to me at the Pop, though, and stank the place up with a crockpot and a George Foreman, I will cut you. :thumbsup2

Best,
FussyMonkey

the OP must have met all the guidelines for the program or she would not be getting it.

I don't know about your sister's state, but there are most definitely people here who get around the system and take government money for which they don't really qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter