Go Pro ? To get or not to get?

So I read your thread before we left and was debating the same thing. As in seriously going back and forth. We went for it and used it like crazy! We went with the silver as I wanted it for pictures as well and the white only has 5mp vs the 10-11mp with the silver. Debated the 4 but could not swallow the price tag when you need so many extras. I am very happy that we purchased it! The video and pictures turned out great and honestly we would have not gotten half the shots we had even if we had just a waterproof camera. We went to Blue hole in Jamaica and our guide went crazy with it. Jumps and twists... all very fun. Make sure you get something to make it float in the water. We bought a kit off amazon that came with it all for about $25- Headstrap, chest strap and selfie stick and the most used the yellow floaty stick. Also an extra battery is a must as they do not last long. Also remember it is wide angled so if you do use for pictures of people make sure you get a bit closer to get the shot. (something we learned from our Blue Hole tour guide) With that said I do wish we brought our regular hd recorder for the inside stuff as it does not do as well in the dark or inside. Still a fantastic buy for sure!

FWIW they would not let us use the camera on the aqua dunk even with the head/chest strap.
when did you cruise?

With yet another snow day I may finally be able to organize our pictures and videos! Any suggestions for the easier program? I don't have any! I wanna put videos on continuously (no pauses) and mayb add pictures! I have gopro videos and regular camera videos.

I have not done much video editing but iMovie was pretty easy to use if you have a Mac. There are you tube videos on how to use the free GoPro studio software to edit a movie.

Thanks gonna check that out. Don't hv Mac but son has iPad mini? And I'll try the utube !!!

I just got my GoPro knockoff - an SJCAM SJ4000. I've been messing around with it for the last week or so and I am very happy with the purchase. I've never used a GoPro, so I can't compare directly.

The SJCAM SJ4000 shoots 1080P video and 2MP images (it says it is 12MP, but the sensor is only 2MP), WiFi or non-WiFi models available, uses the same accessory attachments as the GoPro, comes with the waterproof case, comes with a lot of mounting options, additional batteries are inexpensive, color LCD screen.

The WiFi package is around $100. I paid $109 on eBay for the whole camera package plus 2 spare batteries and the dock charger.

If you are interested, be careful when purchasing, there are knockoffs of the knockoff. Only buy they ones that have SJCAM written on the front of the device - the ones without it are either older SJCAM models or not SJCAM's at all.

I'm no expert, but I'm glad to try answer any questions if anyone has them.

Last edited:
Click on the picture for the video.

Last edited:

Nice pics!! Can't wait to have "non-blue" pics like I've had with the cheap wind up underwater cameras. Hoping the GoPro takes pictures as good as yours!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter