GKTW Meet: Tennessee, February 18, 2012

Discussion in 'Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW' started by Minnie_Mom, Jul 24, 2011.

1. njbmickeyfan

njbmickeyfan Earning My Ears

Doing both is a great idea. I live in the Nashville area but go to Memphis often. As far as Nashville we have a group of about 15-20 Disney fans who get together about once a month. I'll pass this along to them and most likely several will want to participate if its here in Nashville.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. poohj80

poohj80 Got Hunny?

That would be great and would love to know when you get together. I couldn't make it every time but might like to make it once in awhile.

4. katcarter

katcarter Earning My Ears

Nashville in Jan sound great! Just keep the page updated and I will make plans to attend!

Live in Southeast Mo

So glad you are taking the time to plan the event!!!

Kathy

5. aw24

aw24 Earning My Ears

We live in Western Kentucky, so a Nashville meet would be good for us. We would make plans to attend.

Thanks for planning the event.

Ann

6. luckybrew

luckybrew Earning My Ears

Nashville sounds good! Please keep us posted. We are in Hendersonville so just a few minutes from Nashville. Let me know any ways that we can help! Items for auction, donations, etc... I have a few connections in the country music world.

7. luckybrew

I would love to get in on these get togethers... please find me on FB at facebook(dot)com/lucky.brewer

8. lttlmc3

lttlmc3 <font color=darkorchid>You can ship it. I'll still

Oh wow! I LIVE IN HENDERSONVILLE! We are pretty much across from the hospital. How crazy that we are from the same city. I had no idea there was another Hendersonville Diser!

9. luckybrew

AWESOME! we are off of long hollow pke.
    I have the little truck that has fantasia mickey airbrushed on the hood. Maybe you've seen it.
    We also run Team Lilie (a heart defect foundation).

Look me up on facebook www.Facebook(dot)com/lucky.brewer
    Sorry about the "(dot)" in the link, it wont let me post a link yet...

Let's get something planned......

10. AWHOFAN

AWHOFAN Mouseketeer

We live outside of Nashville TN in Smyrna which is south of :music: Music City. :rockband: We are planing on going to Disney on Ice in Sept 2011 also the Jan meet sounds like a good idea.

How many in your party?
    Two adults, one kid (4 years old) :thumbsup2

11. Mississippianna

Mississippianna Still loving Disney World like a 6-year-old

I'm in North Mississippi! I'd love to go to a meet or fundraiser in Memphis! I have family in Nashville we could stay with if something comes together there but Memphis is easier. So glad to see at least some chatter from folks in the MidSouth. I almost didn't check here because there doesn't ever seem to be a whole lot of people from this area organizing anything. I'm not much of a planner, but if you plan it I will come!

I don't have Disney on Ice tickets yet, but would be more interested in going if some DISers would be there.

12. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

Hi All,

Just popping in to see how things are going here. Anyone need help? Please feel free to PM me if you have questions. Once something is finalized, I'll make this a sticky thread. :)

13. leamom2princesses

leamom2princesses DIS Veteran

We would be interested in a January meet in Nashville. We live just north of Nashville. :goodvibes

14. mdvlprof

mdvlprof DIS Veteran

I'm casting a vote for Knoxville. Live a little over 2 hrs north. Don't think I could convince DH to drive all the way to Nashville.

15. luckybrew

My uncle owns a restaurant in Hendersonville. He has agreed to let us have the entire place for a day to raise money for GKTW. It is a great location that will seat about 100 folks and has a huge kitchen.

We also have a cruise / ride set up for my daughters foundation Team Lilie on Oct 29. We will meet at Silverados in Rivergate and ride to Joelton. The ride can be found at Ride 4 Life This isnt a specific GKTW event but we are donating a portion of these proceeds to GKTW.

Please private message me so we can get this ball rolling! This is the VOLUNTEER state folks... LETS DO THIS!

16. jcb

jcb always emerging from hibernation

:thumbsup2

17. AWHOFAN

AWHOFAN Mouseketeer

Hendersonville would be fine. (It's north of Nashville about ten miles) We live in Smyrna TN. What day are you thinking?

18. luckybrew

I guess a better question would be, what month? My family will be in WDW the first 2 weeks of Nov. Then we have Turkey day and on to Christmas. Should we plan it during the holidays or wait til Jan / Feb? I am up to any input as I don't want it to be my sole decision. LOL. ... btw: I'm shocked there aren't more posts here.

19. poohj80

poohj80 Got Hunny?

We could do Hendersonville too. A weekend would be best for us as it's about a 2 hour drive.

20. AWHOFAN

AWHOFAN Mouseketeer

I think Jan would be good. Feb 5th 2012 is the Super Bowl so that will be a bad sunday, not matter what teams are playing. Saturday's might be better if people want to drive in and stay overnight. Dec 11-16th we will be at the World to see MVMCP and Osborne Lights.

21. luckybrew

valentines wouldnt be good either. not sure what day it is on this year but im sure people plan things on the weekend closest to this holiday. i guess i need to get out a calendar and start X'ing out dates that wont work... I am currently messaging a ton of my artist and fabrication friends to donate hand made disney related artwork for a silent auction. i am deep into the custom car world so i have many creative friends surrounding me. i also go 20 years back with a good friend that is a guitarist for a very big female country artist. im sure he can help us get some country music related items! please start suggesting ideas, foods, auction items, etc... lets get this ball rolling!!! im tired of seeing this thread lie dormant. LOL. we are sooo looking forward to this!