GKTW Meet: Tennessee, February 18, 2012

Discussion in 'Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW' started by Minnie_Mom, Jul 24, 2011.

1. poohj80

poohj80 Got Hunny?

We gave up our mini season tix when DD turned 3, but we still try to get to as many games as possible.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Pooh's Hunny

Pooh's Hunny Earning My Ears

I work as a fundraiser for my daughter's marching band.

4. Minnie_Mom

Minnie_Mom Mouseketeer

Glad to see there is some interest in a meet. I think at this point we probably need to decide on a location. I am happy to help coordinate any event held in Memphis, but will not be able to really help coordinate with an event in Nashville.

Ok, Tennessee folks (and AL/MS)... let's decide.... Where are we going to have our meet?

5. jcb

jcb always emerging from hibernation

I would be very interested in attending a meet in Nashville. Memphis is a bit far for me (I'm in Knoxville).

Late September works ok for me but I suggest we find a date that will permit Pete and Walter to attend.

6. Minnie_Mom

Minnie_Mom Mouseketeer

If we are leaning towards a Nashville meet, does anyone in the Nashville area have any ideas for a location/activity? I don't know the Nashville area very well...

jcb- I completely agree with checking Pete, Walter, and the entire podcast crew's schedule before setting a firm date. From the sounds of the podcast, they seem pretty booked during the Fall months. What do you guys think about early 2012 (Jan, Feb, or March)?

7. Minnie_Mom

Minnie_Mom Mouseketeer

Sorry... duplicate post... oops!

8. poohj80

poohj80 Got Hunny?

Disney on Ice is coming...maybe something in conjunction with that?

9. Pooh's Hunny

I had thought Disney on Ice too as was suggested for Memphis. Minnie, did you have a back up idea for something in Memphis? Anyone know if any Disney movies are due out in the next few months?

10. jcb

I had an idea for a Nashville location that I hope pans out. When I hear, I'll let you know. I think early 2012 would be a good time to plan for the meet. I've planned fundraising events and they take some work. Late September would be really pushing it.

11. k5jmh

k5jmh When Yuba plays the Rumba on his Tuba...

Depending on when the event happens, I might be in Owensboro, KY. I am kinda flexible with my schedule so I will be waiting for a date/location!

:surfweb:

12. jcb

In that case, I suggest it be September 10. ;)

Seriously, it would be nice to have a citizen of the state that a great son of Tennessee, Davy Crockett, rescued.

13. k5jmh

???

[​IMG]

Ok, Ok, I know, I know. PeeWee did not "rassle a bahr when he was only 3."

14. jcb

PeeWee didn't "kilt" a bear when he was only three either. I think you might have just insulted all of Crockett's descendants. :rolleyes1

Interesting enough (to me at least), next weekend I have a retreat at the bed and breakfast where Walt stayed a few nights during the filming of the movie.

15. Minnie_Mom

Minnie_Mom Mouseketeer

Fantastic!

I agree that it does take some time to organize any event, especially fundraisers. For Disney on Ice (in Memphis), I had access to a few boxes at Fed Ex Forum so that was a pre-secured time/location/activity, but if we are wanting to start from scratch, which I think is a fantastic idea given the amount of interest in the Nashville area, it will definitely take some time.

Let me know what you find out! I have some event planning experience, but it is great to know that you have experience with fundraiser planning.

16. Minnie_Mom

Minnie_Mom Mouseketeer

Everyone please check your calendars and maps...

Does a Tennessee Meet in the Nashville in early 2012 work?

Thanks!

17. luluxiu

luluxiu Earning My Ears

I have something I can donate the auction! Let me know if it is nothing! I work in the central women, but usually go home on weekends, but happy to do so! I would like to do in Alabama, but I ran away from home I can not complete this operation.

18. Pooh's Hunny

Early 2012 works for me. I am happy to help in any way I can, although I don't have much special event planning experience either.

19. TSWJan78

TSWJan78 DIS Veteran Approved Advertiser

Can I make a suggestion... Do both!! The Disney on Ice box in Memphis in late September and then a big bash in January in Nashville .., they are far enough apart that if you can make it to both great and if only 1 works that is fine too... We have alot of work to get to 1 Million dollars! Just an idea

20. Disneygrl36

Disneygrl36 Happy DVC member!!!!

I am in Jefferson City & would be interested in a meet in Nashville. :teeth:

21. k5jmh

I thought "Rassle" would be more humane. There are Bahr Rescue folk on here, you know! :rolleyes1