• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*Girls DL Trip* OLD THREAD

Good morning everyone. Just stopping in real quick before my sister drops off her boys for me watch while she gets her hair done.

Since I haven't been working, I've turned into the neighborhood/family daycare :sad2:. I've been picking my sisters kids up from school 3 days a week and watching them. One of the neighborhood girls is always here. Then I have people asking me here and there to watch there kids. On Friday, I was watching 6 kids plus my 3 (9 kids :scared1:).

The good news is I made it to the next round again for that job I applied for, so I have another test on June 10th. I'm slowing plugging my way through the process.

I hope everyone has a great day.

We are having glorious weather here. It's only 77 right now, with a cool breeze blowing. I love it.

Ruben got hit with some kind of food poisoning,

We were going to do those color burst cupcakes that Steph posted once, but didn't have the right colors or enough coloring, so we just played and came out with these:

The cupcakes look like fun. I'd call them Volcanos (because of the colors - green grass, etc.) :)

Sorry about Ruben, does he know where he got the poisoning???

We've had such upside down weather. We're also having exceptionally cool temps, which I love. Anyway, great for the Vegas girls!!!

Believe me, it is far from digital. I did ask how much to repair versus replace and was told it would be far more to replace.
!

Thanks - that makes me question what the heater guy said to me. Although maybe it's these digital panels that are so pricey. I need to have the pool replastered too - have you ever done that?

basically we took our house off the market, are refinancing so we can lease it, and in turn lease something in WA. Working hard on making this happen!
! :)

I'm glad you let us know. That sounds like you're going to be in WA soon and I know you're looking forward to that. :banana:

The good news is I made it to the next round again for that job I applied for, so I have another test on June 10th. I'm slowing plugging my way through the process.

Good luck. I can't believe there is yet another test!

We are off to celebrate my Dh's b-day with friends. We're surprising him with dinner and a trip to the art museum. There's a Pompeii exhibition now.

Oh, an old friend surprised me by saying that she wanted to go to DL for her b-day because she'll get the free ticket and upgrade it to a pass. So we're headed there next week! It will be fun to share it with her, I'm not sure we've ever been there together. I'm glad DL did this b-day promotion thing.:yay:

Hope everyone has a great day!:dance3:

Happy Sunday everyone!

I hope everyone is having a marvelous weekend so far! My mom said that I needed to check in and keep up witht he posts for her while she is on her cruise in Alaska! I am so jealous my parents got to go! It looks like so much fun! I am in summer school or else I would get to come along but I'm almost done with college so I'm pushign ahead! I only have two semesters left thankfully!

I did get homework though while she is away. I made my first DVC reservation today. I made it for October 23rd at the new villas! I have to call to make dining reservations for her tomorrow as well. At least I do it correctly though...at least I hope I do! =)

As for the Vegas guy...nothing new to report other than he talks to me on a daily basis. We'll be meeting up again in July (mom approved it) so we'll see what happens. I will keep you all updated.

And I have behaved since she has been away as well! No topless pools or anything of the sort.

I'll be back on after while! Have a great day ladies!

Bree I can't wait for Vegas! I'm not going with the Divas, but I'm going on June 30th - July 2nd with my brother on the way to California (I'm moving there from Indiana). What was the show called where the ship catches on fire?

No, I don't remember what the name of the show is called...I know that it's at Treasure Island and they have multiple times a night. It's free too and most people just ine up around the bottom of the hotel. I know that the water show at the Belagio is super fun too!

Have a great time when you go! Wear plenty of sun block it gets super hot there!!

Hey Brianne! Sounds like you had a blast! Good for you on joining in the fun at Bare. After all, when in Rome...... ;)

Sorry it ended on a sour note with the canceled flight and stomach troubles, but over all I'm glad you had fun. I don't really know of any hot spots as far as clubs go. I'm too old for that scene. :rotfl2:
But if you are interested in shows, that I can help with. I've seen many of them, and the next time you go, let me know and I'll see what locals deals or specials I can find for you.

That's the Sirens of TI. It's a free show nightly at Treasure Island. It gets crowded and it's standing only, so get there early if you want a good spot.

That show, the Mirage volcano, and the Bellagio fountains and conservatory are all freebies that everyone should see while in town. And the Freemont Street Experience, but I know you'll see that since you are staying downtown.

Just popping in to say good night ladies!! Long day planned tomorrow. Last day of school for the kids, and I have a doctors appt in the morning. Wish me luck. I fear I will need it.

Talk to y'all sometime tomorrow. :goodvibes

I know this is from way back on the threads but I wanted to say thank you for the offer! I know I am coming back for my best friend and aunt's joint birthday party October 15th through the 18th. Which shows do you recommend? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated =)

Hi ladies!
Just checking in to let you know I have not forgotten about you. :grouphug:

Hi girls!
Marty's been sick all weekend, so I've been trying to be a good wife and nurse him back to health. All of our plans for the weekend got cancelled, so I've just been lazy! My big excitement was going to the farmers' market, where I got some yummy peaches, apricots, nectarines and raspberries!
I hope you are all having a great weekend!

Bridgette your pics of Coldplay were very good!!! I so wish I was going to be in Anaheim for your birthday (lip sticking way out now). Rainforest is fun, we love going there!! The phone # for reservations is: 714-772-0413

Thanks Laurie! I wish you were coming for my birthday too, but you'll be there in spirit! Thanks for the #!!!

I'm SOOOOOO excited. I've wanted to go to the No Doubt/Paramore concert so bad for so long, but I found a ticket on craigslist with good circumstances, the girl took a pic of the ticket, and AMAZING seat! It's 4th row at face value! I don't even care about going alone. I could have my own private hoedown I'm so pumped :woohoo:

Hi all!

I miss the DIS!! I am back though...school is out y'all! lol

So, I have pretty much missed out on the entire thread. Is there any vital info that I need to know about?

Off topic:

I just got done with my Math test and did HORRIBLE! And the sad thing is...I thought I did great while I was taking it.:sad2: The ones I missed were mostly just an error in how the answers were posted...not necessarily getting the answer wrong. Waaaaaaahhhhh!

I hope you all have a great day!

Hi all!

So, I have pretty much missed out on the entire thread. Is there any vital info that I need to know about?

Off topic:

I just got done with my Math test and did HORRIBLE! And the sad thing is...I thought I did great while I was taking it.:sad2: The ones I missed were mostly just an error in how the answers were posted...not necessarily getting the answer wrong. Waaaaaaahhhhh!

I'm sorry to hear about your math test! At least school is out though :cool1:

friday.gif

Hello! Hope you all are having a great day :) I'm so glad it's FINALLY the weekend!! My bf and I are planning to watch Up in 3-D. We tried to watch it last weekend and it sold out, so hopefully this time we will get to see it. :yay:

The weather is very fickle here in Los Angeles......it's raining on and off, pours for a few seconds and then is sunny again and then is raining again. :confused: I got an e-mail saying that as of today, the Disney Character outlet will open in Camarillo. I hope they have cool stuff. :wizard:

We drove to Universal City Walk, paid the $10 parking, only to find out that the 9:45pm showing for UP was sold out. We were so mad! I checked other theaters but the times were either too late or we wouldn't make it in time. So we stopped in Westwood to get some Diddy Riese cookie ice cream sandwiches. Anais and I were in bad moods because we were so looking forward to seeing the movie that night. The two main theaters in Westwood were showing dumb movies (Hangover and Angels & Demons). Well we were walking on this little street and there was another small theater showing UP! :goodvibes We were so happy! It was around 10p and the showing was at 10:20! Perfect timing!:banana:

Hi!

Hubby finally got a diagnosis (the other reason I was keeping to myself), it's a pituitary growth that's pumping out prolactin (milk-making hormone) and causing his male hormones to be close to zero...very very likely the reason for no subsequent baby, and his endo will likely treat both for the prolactinoma and for the low male hormones, to help speed the latter part up for baby purposes.

It explains SO MUCH from the last few years, and sadly, if any of the MDs and NDs he's seen in the last couple years had *listened to him* and done the bloodwork we begged his endocrinologist to do (it had nothing to do with his blood sugar), this could have been found so much earlier and we might have a whole passle of babies already. We're getting records from those previous "health care providers" to see if anyone saw anything that they passed over... They all ignored his "I think there's something wrong with my 'swimmers'" comments because I'm older than he is, and they figured it was my "fault".

It's a relief to have such a relatively simple diagnosis, especially since it explains just about everything...but it's ridiculously frustrating that it likely could have been caught earlier if the professionals had gone as above and beyond (by listening to him) as his endo has. (if anyone needs an endocrinologist in Seattle, this guy's good)

I'm so glad you guys finally know what's up! I hope after the treatment you will have a bun in the oven soon :hug:

congrats cristabel!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!

Thank you!:goodvibes

Hi all!

Off topic:

Good to see you January! I've missed you :hug:
Sorry about your test.

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a great day. I'm on the tram in to Disneyland. Whoo Hoo!

Rub it in, why don't you! Just kidding, have a great evening!

I have accomplished nothing this weekend. I've been so lazy that I'm pretty disgusted with myself. I think I'll do some laundry to make myslef feel better :laundy:

Oh my gosh, you all are so sweet to congratulate me on my grades. :grouphug:

how can you be a Mom and get a 4.0?

With lots of Diet Pepsi and stress-filled days. :goodvibes

Honestly, it's been TOUGH to get everything done......I've let my housekeeping duties completely fall off the cliff. Other than laundry, dishes, taking out the garbage, and cooking, I don't have much time to do anything else. I'm so busy with school, running my kids around, and doing all our home and business book keeping duties, that less important chores just aren't getting done right now. Interestingly, the men folk in my household don't even seem to care whether or not the furniture is dusted or if the floors get vacuumed. Our home is starting to look like a fraternity house.:rolleyes1

OK ladies--I am SO jazzed. Booking opened for the Grand Cal Villas this morning and I was able to get right through and book all the dates I wanted. Woohoo!

How exciting! :yay: I hope you have an excellent time when you're there. When are you going?

I admit it.....I'm jealous.....I'm green with envy.....I got the green-eyed monkey on my back. I want to stay at the Grand Californian too. WHAAAAAA!
Tantrum.gif

Good morning ladies! I haven't checked in for a while. Thought I'd say "hey" and hope everyone is doing well. I know those of you on Facebook know what's going on in my life, but basically we took our house off the market, are refinancing so we can lease it, and in turn lease something in WA. Working hard on making this happen! Just about all my time is devoted to it right now, so I haven't been DISing at all.

Hi Callie, it's great to hear from you. :hug:

That actually sounds like a great plan. :thumbsup2

I've even heard of people doing long-term house exchanges because they can't sell their homes right now. I've seen lots of adds regarding this on Craigslist. I guess when people are stuck, they find creative ways to get around the roadblocks so they can accomplish what they desire.

Alright Katie! Here's some pixie dust for the next test. :wizard:

Of course he got my phone number...he played his cards right throughtout the stay! =)

;) :love: :rolleyes1

Hi ladies!
Just checking in to let you know I have not forgotten about you. :grouphug:

Hi Melody, how are you doing sweetie? :hug:

Just got in so stopping to say a quick hello. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Hi Stacie. :flower3:

Hi girls!
Marty's been sick all weekend, so I've been trying to be a good wife and nurse him back to health. All of our plans for the weekend got cancelled, so I've just been lazy! My big excitement was going to the farmers' market, where I got some yummy peaches, apricots, nectarines and raspberries!
I hope you are all having a great weekend!

Awwww, that's too bad. I hope Marty feels better soon. :sick:

Hi all!

Off topic:

We've missed you too babe. :hug:

Bummer about the math test. Will you have to take it again?

I didn't realize that the University of Phoenix had summer break. Or did you just schedule some time off for the summer? Either way, that's great. :beach: :woohoo:

I hope everyone has a great day.

All right--we'll keep our fingers crossed!

Thanks - that makes me question what the heater guy said to me. Although maybe it's these digital panels that are so pricey. I need to have the pool replastered too - have you ever done that?

My neighbors had theirs replastered last year--it was pricey--like $10,000--so I've been putting it off. Sigh.

I did get homework though while she is away. I made my first DVC reservation today. I made it for October 23rd at the new villas! I have to call to make dining reservations for her tomorrow as well. At least I do it correctly though...at least I hope I do! =).
See you done good! She only wanted the one night?

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a great day. I'm on the tram in to Disneyland. Whoo Hoo!
LOL--I just missed you--I left DCA at 4:40 p.m.

I have accomplished nothing this weekend. I've been so lazy that I'm pretty disgusted with myself. I think I'll do some laundry to make myslef feel better :laundy:

Me too. But I'm not so disgusted with myself that I'll stoop to doing laundry tonight! (well, maybe)

Honestly, it's been TOUGH to get everything done......I've let my housekeeping duties completely fall off the cliff. Other than laundry, dishes, taking out the garbage, and cooking, I don't have much time to do anything else. I'm so busy with school, running my kids around, and doing all our home and business book keeping duties, that less important chores just aren't getting done right now.
Yeah--sounds like it's completely off the cliff. What else IS there other than laundry, dishes, garbage and cooking, taking the kids around and doing bookkeeping? LOL

Well, ladies, I totally enjoyed today. I met Mary Jo and we went to the last Sweet Sundays event. It was featuring Keegan Gerhard--who is a celebrity chef/host on the Food Network. This was the best one I went to--he was soooo funny. It was really enjoyable. His desserts where a chocolate crepe with passion fruit curd, followed by a waffle with apricots, apricot gelato and a raspberry sauce (I think), and finally a chocolate panini with some type of sauce. All yummy. then Mary Jo and I went on Soarin', the Animation Academy (we drew Jack Skellington!) and Turtle Talk. Then we just sat and talked about our families and stuff. It was a really enjoyable day. But I never got to my office like I intended (it's all Mary Jo's fault! if she wasn't such enjoyable company I would have made it there! LOL)

Now I'm home and playing with Bella. have to feed the cats. and just going to chill. I got up at 5 a.m. to call DVC so I'm starting to fade.

Later gators!

Yeah--sounds like it's completely off the cliff. What else IS there other than laundry, dishes, garbage and cooking, taking the kids around and doing bookkeeping? LOL

Well, let me put it this way, my kids are starting to spell out "dust me" and drawing pictures in the dust on the furniture, and our carpet is looking more and more like our dog everyday. I think the only thing that's been dusted in the last month is my laptop screen, and it's been so long since I vaccumed that it won't be long before I won't even remember where I keep the thing.

At least my kids are getting the chance to explore their artistic side around the house. :rolleyes1

Sounds like you had a lovely day with Mary Jo. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter