*Girls DL Trip* OLD THREAD

We went to Coldplay last night and it was incredible! I just wanted to share a couple of pics...

cp001.jpg

cp003.jpg

cp005.jpg

cp007.jpg

cp009.jpg

Oh Beth I am sorry Ruben is feeling ill. I kinda thought that might have been what hit shelby if it weren't for the fact that Katy had the same thing although she had different toppings on her sandwhich so it could be that although she was only sick once so I tend to think the food was just a bit too much for her and the fact that she ate that big heavy sub right before she swam so that probably didn't help. But I hope Ruben starts feeling better soon. I know how miserable that is!!

And your cupcakes look so yummy and sounds like you had lots of fun!!

We just got back from seeing up! It was SOOOO good. I agree with those that said there were some tearful moments. Even the short at the beginning had me a bit teary eyed but hey don't let that stop you! Let me say that both the short AND the movie were some of the best I've ever seen. I would call the tearful moments more touching than sad and they make the movie. I commented to Shane that I love how pixar/Disney makes movies that are really meaningful and touching and not like so many of the goofy cartoons you see nowadays that are just cornball laughs. This had humor and fun and yet a GREAT story line and warmth. I LOVED it and agree that it was as good as Nemo, Toy Story and Wall-E! GREAT film and I would highly recommend it. Don't let the possiblity of some emotional moments stop you from going. My kids are 8 and 9 and they didn't have any problems with it and some of the stuff was more emotional to "me" as an adult and I don't think they really even got it if you know what I mean. It meant more to an adult if that makes sense. They LOVED the movie too!

Anyway that's my dimestore review! :)

Our weather here is nice as well. In the mid 70's and supposed to rain later but we shall see if it actually does. I am not too thrilled about the game I admit cuz I am still tired and now have a headache but I know it means a lot to shane so we shall see what happens.

Anyway take care and talk to you all later. :)

Oh, and don't know if this means anything or not but I had a dream the other night that you were pregnant . . . . .

Ooh I like that dream.

As a bit of good news to share, I received another 4.0 for my last class. That's two 4.0 in a row. :yay::woohoo::yay:

That's awesome! I had one 4.0 quarter in chiro school, it was so difficult! But it felt so good.

How frustrating that the dx took sooo long. But great that you finally know.

Yep.

Ok these are the places I might want to go for July 16th... what is your opinion of these places?

the Rainforest Cafe: I went in DTD at WDW and loved it! Huge variety of foods, drinks at a decent price

Jazz Kitchen
House of Blues

(I've never been to any of those places... some are kind of pricey IMO)

Then the resort bars...

Hearthstone Lounge
The Lost Bar

So I guess my first choice is the Rainforest Cafe. I usually stick with what I know. It's more of a dinner place than a 'get drinks' place though. Thoughts?

As a bit of good news to share, I received another 4.0 for my last class. That's two 4.0 in a row. :yay::woohoo::yay:

I hope I can keep it up. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes:

that's fantastic! how can you be a Mom and get a 4.0? way to go Capri!

Ok these are the places I might want to go for July 16th... what is your opinion of these places?

the Rainforest Cafe: I went in DTD at WDW and loved it! Huge variety of foods, drinks at a decent price

Jazz Kitchen
House of Blues

Then the resort bars...

Hearthstone Lounge
The Lost Bar

So I guess my first choice is the Rainforest Cafe. I usually stick with what I know. It's more of a dinner place than a 'get drinks' place though. Thoughts?

I'm fine with RFC. Who did you see Coldplay with?

Well, my Saturday started out with a cold shower--not by choice! Yesterday they FINALLY came and fixed my pool heater (which we discovered was broken on MouseAdventure weekend) --I had to call them back yesterday because they didn't put the dog run gates back together. Then I smelled gas (the connection wasn't on right). Then while he was here he mentioned the water heater might have gone off, but then he had me run water in the house and since it was hot said it was ok. without looking. Uhhh-wrongo bongo! So great flurry of activity this morning culminating in the owner of the pool service company coming out and lighting my water heater (yay-for hot water!) then I rushed to Newport Beach to have lunch at the Mariposa Restaurant in the Neiman Marcus there with my Red Hat Society Group (except we are so lame--I was the only one that actually wore a red hat and that was a "cap"!) Had their popovers and can I say that even though I use their recipe MINE are better--LOL!

then came home, played with Bella a little and I think I'm going to take a little nappie.

Hope everyone's having a great day!

There's a bar area, though...

Bridgette, tell them it's your b-day. I went for my 21st and they made my drink from scratch instead of using their premixed stuff. :thumbsup2 I did RFC for lunch on my 21st and House of Blues for dinner. There are lots of fun places to drink. Right now Cove Bar is my favorite.

What a day Cheryl! I saw Coldplay with my mom. So the lady in the pic with me... you'll all meet her in 2010!

Thanks for the tip Wendy!

Ok then RFC it is... I know I'll have to call a non DLR reservation number. I just need to know exactly who all might be coming. I know that not everybody is confirmed, but I have Cheryl, Donna, Katie, Vicki, Dawn, Linda and me. How far in advance do you think I should call?

What a day Cheryl! I saw Coldplay with my mom. So the lady in the pic with me... you'll all meet her in 2010!

Thanks for the tip Wendy!

Ok then RFC it is... I know I'll have to call a non DLR reservation number. I just need to know exactly who all might be coming. I know that not everybody is confirmed, but I have Cheryl, Donna, Katie, Vicki, Dawn, Linda and me. How far in advance do you think I should call?

I would call 30 days out or so. If we need to update the reserv. to change the number later I don't think you will have any trouble. It's not like WDW--generally not hard to get reservations.

I would call 30 days out or so. If we need to update the reserv. to change the number later I don't think you will have any trouble. It's not like WDW--generally not hard to get reservations.

Thanks!

I'm going to join D23! Is anyone going to the thing on Friday night, July 17th? Donna pointed it out to me and I think I want to go. I'll have to drive back to Santa Barbara afterwards because Sat is a block out date... even though the DLH rates rock!

Thanks!

I'm going to join D23! Is anyone going to the thing on Friday night, July 17th? Donna pointed it out to me and I think I want to go. I'll have to drive back to Santa Barbara afterwards because Sat is a block out date... even though the DLH rates rock!

I'm totally out of the loop--what thing on July 17th? And I don't want to encourage bad behavior--but keep in mind there is a SoCal 3-day pass for $99 that you can use in lieu of your AP on block-out days. Just sayin'

Evening all. Just got back from the River Cats. It wasn't too bad after all. It was a pretty nice evening (weather wise) and the girls actually enjoyed the game even though the cats got pounded. We left at the top of the 8th inning to avoid traffic and they were down 4 hits anyway. They were having fireworks tonight but Shane didn't want to mess with the traffic and I didn't want to stay that late either since we have our big day at church tomorrow and I don't like staying out late on Saturday nights ESP since it is a big weekend with all the schools getting out and grad party's and such. First big weekend of summer etc.

Makes me nervous getting in car wrecks etc.

Anyway it was a good day all in all but I am bushed. Hope everyone had a good day and see you in the a.m. :)

Jazz Kitchen
House of Blues

Then the resort bars...

Hearthstone Lounge
The Lost Bar

If RFC if your choice, we'll be there. You might as well book it for a lunch or dinner since we'll have to eat anyway. If you go to their website, I think you can sign up with them and you might get some freebies.

That Coldplay concert must have been great!

fixed my pool heater (which we discovered was broken on MouseAdventure weekend) --I had to call them back yesterday because they didn't put the dog run gates back together. Then I smelled gas (the connection wasn't on right). Then while he was here he mentioned the water heater might have gone off, but then he had me run water in the house and since it was hot said it was ok. without looking. Uhhh-wrongo bongo! So great flurry of activity this morning culminating in the owner of the pool service company coming out and lighting my water heater (
!

What brand pool heater do you have? Ours is about 5 years old and the guy from the company said it would be about the same cost to replace the entire heater with a new one as it would be to repair the digital panel on it that is no longer functioning. :confused3

What brand pool heater do you have? Ours is about 5 years old and the guy from the company said it would be about the same cost to replace the entire heater with a new one as it would be to repair the digital panel on it that is no longer functioning. :confused3

lol--I have no idea what brand heater it is. It was here when I moved in 10 years ago and it was old then! Believe me, it is far from digital. I did ask how much to repair versus replace and was told it would be far more to replace. Plus my issue was a gas line leak initially, so it wouldn't matter what heater was on the end of it!

OK ladies--I am SO jazzed. Booking opened for the Grand Cal Villas this morning and I was able to get right through and book all the dates I wanted. Woohoo!

Sounds like everyone is having a good weekend!!!

Bridgette your pics of Coldplay were very good!!! I so wish I was going to be in Anaheim for your birthday (lip sticking way out now). Rainforest is fun, we love going there!! The phone # for reservations is: 714-772-0413

So my son found a very cute/funny clip on YouTube yesterday to give me a little pick-me-up...... thought I'd share it with you all. If you like the "Peanuts" gang & the song Hey Ya from Outkast....you'll love this!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brpub0hTbjs

Have a super Sunday & stay safe........

Morning all!

Laurie I am so sorry things are looking down for you but I will keep you in my prayers that things look up and you may be able to make it after all!! :)

Everyone is up here and they are in their bathing suits since they have choosen the "dunking" method. I have taken extra "nice" clothes to change into afterwards since we are all going to lunch after. This should be an experience to say the least LOL.

It is family day at our church and they are having a pancake breakfast first but we didn't want to do that so we are leaving here in a little while.

I hope everyone has a good day today and see yall later! :)

Hello ladies. I hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far.

We are having glorious weather here. It's only 77 right now, with a cool breeze blowing. I love it.

Ruben got hit with some kind of food poisoning, so he's been sick all day. I've been letting him rest, while I've been cleaning the inside and outside of the house. Including killing a black widow spider outside. YIKES! But it looks good, and it was so nice out. Perfect for working.

The kids and I even made cupcakes. They just had fun. We were going to do those color burst cupcakes that Steph posted once, but didn't have the right colors or enough coloring, so we just played and came out with these:

Hi Beth, Hope Ruben is feeling better! Cupcakes look yummy! The 70's with a little breeze is my favorite temperature:)

Jazz Kitchen
House of Blues

Then the resort bars...

Hearthstone Lounge
The Lost Bar

I always think Rainforest is fun. I like Lost Bar, but primarily because it is a nice natural outdoor environment that is quiet and peaceful, and safe for the kids to entertain themselves while I have a little drinky poo. Don't think you will have those issues:) They love those Jungle Cruise boats too!

Cheryl, Congrats on your bookings! I really have DVC envy. I would like to buy in, but my frugal husband won't even consider it when there are such great buys on WorldMark in the resale market. There is one for 6000 points for $3000. Of course I have no idea what 6000 points will get you.
Liked your suggestion of meeting up with Dawn. Their trip starts on Sept. 11 so I would (if I were to schedule a brief trip) miss them, so they will be able to watch all the TV they want without any interuption from me. ;)

Capri,
Great Job on the grades. That is amazing girl!

Okay, gotta go make the little monster some cocoa so he will give me some peace. Have a great day everyone!

Good morning ladies! I haven't checked in for a while. Thought I'd say "hey" and hope everyone is doing well. I know those of you on Facebook know what's going on in my life, but basically we took our house off the market, are refinancing so we can lease it, and in turn lease something in WA. Working hard on making this happen! Just about all my time is devoted to it right now, so I haven't been DISing at all.

I saw that MaryJo posted a video of the new fireworks, so I'm off to watch that. Have a blessed Sunday everyone! :)

Ruben got hit with some kind of food poisoning, so he's been sick all day...

The kids and I even made cupcakes. They just had fun.

The kids thought they were fun. And the sour cream it calls for makes them really moist.

Awww, poor Ruben. Food poisoning is just awful :sick:.

The cupcakes look cute and yummy.

Anywhere is fine with me.

I hope I can keep it up. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes:

GOOD JOB Capri. That is awesome :thumbsup2 :woohoo:.

You are so sweet, thanks for that! I had my first good day today, no pain, didn't wear any brace. I think I've turned a corner - (your pixie dust must have worked :laughing:)
:goodvibes

That's good news. Back pain is very annoying so I'm glad you're feeling better.

So my son found a very cute/funny clip on YouTube yesterday to give me a little pick-me-up...... thought I'd share it with you all. If you like the "Peanuts" gang & the song Hey Ya from Outkast....you'll love this!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brpub0hTbjs

Have a super Sunday & stay safe........

That was very cute. My kids found it very entertaining :laughing:.

OK ladies--I am SO jazzed. Booking opened for the Grand Cal Villas this morning and I was able to get right through and book all the dates I wanted. Woohoo!

Good for you :thumbsup2. I'm going to be calling on the 21st trying to get a couple nights for my sister in January or February. Hopefully there will still be availability :wizard:.

Love and Light to Everyone!:grouphug:
Have a Beautiful Day!

Back at cha :flower3:.

Good morning ladies! I haven't checked in for a while. Thought I'd say "hey" and hope everyone is doing well. I know those of you on Facebook know what's going on in my life, but basically we took our house off the market, are refinancing so we can lease it, and in turn lease something in WA. Working hard on making this happen! Just about all my time is devoted to it right now, so I haven't been DISing at all.

Hope all goes well for you. And at least you have a plan to get out of Arizona :laughing:. Your family is in my prayers that you finally get the move going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter