*Girls DL Trip* OLD THREAD

Stace....or even showing its chest hair from above the collar of its shirt!

Sadly, the little laptop is doing none of those things. Nor is it flashing the frightening image that robinrs linked to in her reply to my CB thread (my eyes, my eyes...).

Is it passel or passle????

Passel, I think. Whoops.

Evening all!

Tracy thanks so much for the belated birthday wishes! :)

Teresa thanks for the thoughs for shelby. She IS feeling better. I will explain more in a sec!

And for my good buddy Mel, girl you know I love you to death and I am so sad you are going through this!! I hope things start looking up for you and you and your entire family are in my prayers. As I said before I am SO glad you had this special time with your mom and sister and I am sure you will look back with fond memories of this trip and be so glad that you took it! I only wish you were going in October so I could give you a big old hug and see you again before Feb! You take care and you have my number if you EVER want or need to talk! ((hugs)) and prayers!

As far as we are concerned after I got to school I went in and talked to Shelby's teacher and she was so nice and understanding and sad that Shelby was going to miss today. She had made up little gift bags for all the kids with little books that she had bought each kid and some candy. It is so neat that some teachers do stuff like that and so sad that others don't. Katy of course got nothing! But anyway had she gone they made all sorts of fun crafts today and after I got home I went up and checked on her and she was feeling better so she came down and we watched the rest of Harry Potter and then she finally had some soup and she said she felt well enough to go with me to pick Katy up so she could say goodbye to her friends and teacher and they had all made her a little frisbee that they signed and put some other fun stuff in a bag for her which was so nice! I really am going to miss her class and teacher. I just hope she gets a good one next year as well as Katy. Poor Katy always seems to get the bum end of the deal. She didn't get much last year either. But anyway they both did REALLY well on their report cards. They give numbers instead of grades and 3's means they are at grade level and a 4 is above grade level. Well they both got all 3's and Katy even got one 4 in Math. A 4 is VERY hard to get. They don't hand those out very often. So for a treat to celebrate the good grades and the last day of school I took them out for ice cream.

So even though Shelby wasn't feeling well and the day started out bad it ended pretty well. We came home and have just been watching more of the Harry Potter's. We figured we would watch all of them to prepare for the new movie in July.

Anyway also Shelby seems well enough that we should be able to see Up tomorrow and go to our baseball game and then I got a call from our church to get the names and info for their baptismal certs so that will be a fun and exciting day on sunday as well. Mom and Dad our coming and after the baptism we will all go out for lunch!

Anyway hope everyone has a great Friday night and weekend! :)

Beth, I hope you didn't have to go to the doctor and get those tests for anything serious.....did you? Should I be worried about my roomie? :worried:
Not yet. I'll let you know in about two weeks. ;)

Everyone having BBQs and parties this weekend, have a wonderful time! I wish I was doing something fun like that.

Laurie, I'm sorry things are rough for you right now. But don't give up hope on moving or coming on the trip. You just never know what will happen. :wizard:

Hate to post and run, but we're eating a late dinner tonight. Catch ya'll later.

Hi!

I have a thread on the CB about this (I am ridiculously brave to do that), but no one has the answer yet....have you guys heard the phrase "to be hasselhoffed"???? I looked on urban dictionary, and none of the answers work for the situation.

Is there a definition that fits this situation, that isn't easily found using google???

We're mystified.

Hubby finally got a diagnosis (the other reason I was keeping to myself), it's a pituitary growth that's pumping out prolactin (milk-making hormone) and causing his male hormones to be close to zero...very very likely the reason for no subsequent baby, and his endo will likely treat both for the prolactinoma and for the low male hormones, to help speed the latter part up for baby purposes.

It explains SO MUCH from the last few years, and sadly, if any of the MDs and NDs he's seen in the last couple years had *listened to him* and done the bloodwork we begged his endocrinologist to do (it had nothing to do with his blood sugar), this could have been found so much earlier and we might have a whole passle of babies already. We're getting records from those previous "health care providers" to see if anyone saw anything that they passed over... They all ignored his "I think there's something wrong with my 'swimmers'" comments because I'm older than he is, and they figured it was my "fault".

It's a relief to have such a relatively simple diagnosis, especially since it explains just about everything...but it's ridiculously frustrating that it likely could have been caught earlier if the professionals had gone as above and beyond (by listening to him) as his endo has. (if anyone needs an endocrinologist in Seattle, this guy's good)

thanks for the info on CST--sounds like it's right up my alley. I've been feeling like my head needs "something"--my old massage therapist used to work there but my new one doesn't.

Oh, and don't know if this means anything or not but I had a dream the other night that you were pregnant . . . . .

Maybe the computer is lying on the bathroom floor eating a hamburge while being taped? Or it could be running down the beach in red trunks? Or maybe it went over to Europe to be a rock star?

LOL--the hamburger thing was the first thing that occurred to me too--just couldn't tie it to a laptop computer!

congrats cristabel!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!

Not yet. I'll let you know in about two weeks. ;)

Well okay, but I'm going to be worried about you until I hear the all clear from the test results. :hug:

As a bit of good news to share, I received another 4.0 for my last class. That's two 4.0 in a row. :yay::woohoo::yay:

I hope I can keep it up. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes:

Hi!

CST is awesome awesome stuff that LOOKS like the biggest crock of ____ that ever existed, but it's awesome. Upledger.com should have links to lots of info on the theory.

If I ever decided to do bodywork again, I'd get my chiro license back (just a matter of a year's worth of cont.ed. classes and a chunk of money), get CST education, and just do CST.

It explains SO MUCH from the last few years, and sadly, if any of the MDs and NDs he's seen in the last couple years had *listened to him* and done the bloodwork we begged his endocrinologist to do (it had nothing to do with his blood sugar), this could have been found so much earlier and we might have a whole passle of babies already.

It's a relief to have such a relatively simple diagnosis, especially since it explains just about everything...but it's ridiculously frustrating that it likely could have been caught earlier if the professionals had gone as above and beyond (by listening to him) as his endo has. (if anyone needs an endocrinologist in Seattle, this guy's good)

Yes, I second her upledger recommendation.
How frustrating that the dx took sooo long. But great that you finally know.

So this old lady is just one big cry baby.

Melody:hug:

:rose::flower2::daisy::flower2::rose: :hug:

Oh Donna! Ouch! Sending good healing vibes your way.:goodvibes:goodvibes
!

Thanks so much, Tracey! These are all working because I had a very good day today -- almost normal!

Nice! I so want to see this. I think Frank is scared now - I'm getting into the show thing ;) He is not the type of guy to enjoy shows. He falls asleep when we go to a movie (which annoys me), unless it is a romantic comedy - go figure! Tough guy likes the romance :lovestruc

Hi Donna :wave2: Good to hear your back is starting to feel better. It's no fun with a sore back!

It's going to be fairly warm today (not as hot as the 90 we got to yesterday, thank goodness!). No rain until Sunday (better not, we have a BBQ here tomorrow :eek:)
!!

This is so weird, you're having the heat wave and we're having highs in the 60s! Life is topsy turvey.:dance3:
Have a wonderful BBQ...

Morning all!

First off Congrats to Cristabel for graduating and congrats to Capri for the amazing grades!! That is awesome!

I agree with those that said they couldn't go back at this point. I know I went to school in my 20's and that was hard enough going to night school and working full time during the day but I CERTAINLY couldn't do it with kids. Esp and get THOSE kinds of grades. I know Shane is trying to get his contractors license and he is having a HECK of a time and that is just a 6 week course but the math is killing him LOL.

Good for all of you and congrats again!!

Everyone here is still passed out. We watched the 4th Harry Potter and then put in number 5 and then we all proceeded to fall asleep LOL. Shane just let us stay on the couch and he slept on the floor beside us. We do that sometimes, our version of a campout ;)

I am looking forward to seeing up but will be honest he is more excited about the game than I am. Baseball is a little boring to me. I prefer basketball or even football as I think they are a little more action packed. This is the first time we are taking the girls as well and I hope they don't get bored! But we shall see. Shane gets the tickets from work as his boss has season tix and they have raffles every so often. He also has Kings tix and he has won those on occasion and he took each girl one time. They said they REALLY wanted to go but then got pretty bored. So it shall be an experience! :)

Anyway again I hope everyone has a fun day today and fun weekend!

Take care and talk to yall later!

Hi Kelly! I don't think I ever wished you a happy birthday, girl! Sorry about that. I saw your pressie though. Very nice! Have a great day with the fam. I think we're going to see Up today, too.
Capri-- Way to go on those grades!
I know I'm missing others, but I haven't had my coffee yet, so I'll just say Happy Saturday Girls!!!!!

Thanks Tina!! Glad to see you are going in Oct too! Look forward to seeing you then as well! :)

And thanks again for the birthday wishes! Have fun seeing the movie and we will have to compare notes ;)

Happy Saturday as well to one and all! :)

I also missed that it was a birthday for Kelly so belated birthday! Or maybe it's just still the birthday week (month). ;)

Morning Dawn, Tina, and everyone!

Thanks Donna! At my age it isn't really a celebration LOL! But thanks anyway! ;)

I only wish I was able to take advantage of the Disney offer but both dh and I's birthdays were during the school year AND on weekdays so that was a NO go. Even Shelby we took her in the same MONTH but weren't able to take her on the actual day. All that leaves is Katy but since we are going in Oct we won't be able to go back in Dec. SOOOO no birthday ticket for us. Oh well :)

Anyway we are off to get some brunch and to the movies. See ya!! :)

I don't think you can make PS for Cove Bar--it's walk up. (I think.) But Bridgette-really--if there's someone else you would rather go it's fine! It's YOUR birthday girl. Oh, and "that's just how we roll." LOL

Wicked is the BEST. I've seen it three times in LA.

Well I'll look into different places and ask about them once I find a couple that I think sound good.

I agree, Wicked was AMAZING!

Yeah, remember when I cleaned out the garage? I was fine for four days and then pow. I sprained my back ligaments according to my doctor. I was wearing a soft brace during the day and taking anti-inflammatories but had a nice turn today for the better. I think I can drop the brace tomorrow and I feel like I am on the mend!

Doctor does want me to walk so that's great.

Yes, Bridgette, I was on the list from the start :).

Oh no! That sounds so painful. I hope the pain goes away soon.

Yay about being on the list from the start. I know when we talked on the phone you said you live an hour away so I don't want you to feel like you have to drive all of that way for me!

Hi Ladies! So much going on in here, sick, sad, vacationing, work, school, school ending, sick pups, etc..... Pretty quiet here, just wallowing in self-pity as I realize we are stuck here due to finances & the catch 22 situation with moving: can't rent a place with no job & can't find jobs from 700 miles away. As summer approaches & our original plan of moving August 1 gets closer, I have come to the realization there's no way that will happen unless we win the lottery. Now we're looking at using our tax refund next year to move us down: which means moving mid school year & probably missing the girls trip........ I'm just hating life right now but after reading what other people have been dealing with....I have it pretty good.
My prayers & thoughts are with those who need them!!!!

I know how you feel about hating life sometimes, but I try not to think that way. I agree with Cheryl about the whole everything happens for a reason thing. Once you get through this you'll come out on top and so much stronger. Hang in there! :hug:

Hello ladies. I hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far.

We are having glorious weather here. It's only 77 right now, with a cool breeze blowing. I love it.

Ruben got hit with some kind of food poisoning, so he's been sick all day. I've been letting him rest, while I've been cleaning the inside and outside of the house. Including killing a black widow spider outside. YIKES! But it looks good, and it was so nice out. Perfect for working.

The kids and I even made cupcakes. They just had fun. We were going to do those color burst cupcakes that Steph posted once, but didn't have the right colors or enough coloring, so we just played and came out with these:

100_0339.jpg

100_0340.jpg

The kids thought they were fun. And the sour cream it calls for makes them really moist.

Anyway, hope you are all having a good day. Take care. Talk to y'all soon. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter