Gina & Carl's Wedding - 6/22/12 - Swan/Ohana ~ TR Day 4 Wedding Ceremony 8/9

Hello, just found your pj. Its really great and Im so glad you have found your dress, its really beautiful!

We are also thinking about a Swan Wedding, but really struggling to pick a place for our reception. I see that you have decided to go with Ohana, and that you are going to go onto the beach afterwards and watch the wishes. How does this work? or are all the guests from the restaurant able to go onto the beach and watch the fireworks? We would love a fireworks dessert party but just finding it hard to know what to do. There are so many decisions to make when you have so many choices with a Swan wedding.

Cant wait to follow along with your wedding journey :)

Hello, just found your pj. Its really great and Im so glad you have found your dress, its really beautiful!

We are also thinking about a Swan Wedding, but really struggling to pick a place for our reception. I see that you have decided to go with Ohana, and that you are going to go onto the beach afterwards and watch the wishes. How does this work? or are all the guests from the restaurant able to go onto the beach and watch the fireworks? We would love a fireworks dessert party but just finding it hard to know what to do. There are so many decisions to make when you have so many choices with a Swan wedding.

Cant wait to follow along with your wedding journey :)

Yes, my plan is to have dinner at Ohana then go out to the beach to watch Wishes. Yes, anyone can watch the fireworks if visiting the resort. I took a guess at the time when I booked Ohana and hoped it would be around 10pm and that is what the scheduled time is. They usually pipe in the music too. I thought about a dessert party, but I wanted to wear my dress and we can't wear our dresses into the parks. If you have more questions, ask away!

I need some opinions. I am working on the fans for disney. I still need to do the white layer that will have the writing, but I wanted to work on the detail of the fan. Here is what I did. I made a rafia bow and put a starfish on it. I'm worried the starfish won't make it for the trip down to disney because they are so fragile. What do you think? Does anyone have any other ideas that might work? I want to tie in a beach theme to it.

wpid-2012-02-14_20-02-31_907.jpg

Hi Gina sweetie!!
Loving the fans so far!! Could you take the starfish and glue with you and find the time to put them on when you arrive in resort? I had to spend a morning finishing off some DIY stuff once we arrived in Disney, as I am pretty sure things like the confetti bags would have been very much worse for wear after a 10 hour plane trip!!

you could always wait to attach the starfish when you get to disney with glue dots.

how did you cut out your fans I am going to do mickey fans too but I don't know how to do them.

Teresa

Hi Gina sweetie!!
Loving the fans so far!! Could you take the starfish and glue with you and find the time to put them on when you arrive in resort? I had to spend a morning finishing off some DIY stuff once we arrived in Disney, as I am pretty sure things like the confetti bags would have been very much worse for wear after a 10 hour plane trip!!

I didn't think of that. That may work. I am just using the sticky dots to attach them. I could probably do it on the car ride down too. 20hrs in the car will be long.

you could always wait to attach the starfish when you get to disney with glue dots.

how did you cut out your fans I am going to do mickey fans too but I don't know how to do them.

Teresa

I am cutting each one out by hand. It is painful, but I don't have a cricut to even try to see if it would work and I don't know anyone nearby with one.

How are you travelling to Disney? Maybe you could attach them all ahead of time and wrap them carefully in bubble wrap and then bring a few replacement star fish in case some get damaged during the trip? Could you put them in your carry on to be sure they are handled carefully? My 40 fans fit nicely into an invitation box so they don't take up too much space.

I like Jo's idea!!

PS. they look great!

Thanks! Jo did have a great idea.

How are you travelling to Disney? Maybe you could attach them all ahead of time and wrap them carefully in bubble wrap and then bring a few replacement star fish in case some get damaged during the trip? Could you put them in your carry on to be sure they are handled carefully? My 40 fans fit nicely into an invitation box so they don't take up too much space.

We are driving from the Chicago area. I have a feeling that I will be cramming stuff in every nook in the car. So maybe waiting would be the best idea.

I designed some shirts for the girls. Of course Mo says we can't wear them on the same day, even though they are different.

I downloaded a bunch of designs from some of the DISigner's site so we can have custom shirts for Disney. Peyton likes the mickey ice cream bar (ironic because she doesn’t like chocolate). I had to tweak it because the design I originally found had a different name on it. Here is my finished design for her shirt, plus designs for the other two girls.

mickey-ice-cream-peyton.jpg

soccer-ball-morgan.jpg

green-mickey-maryssa.jpg

I still need to design bride and groom ones, and I was thinking of some Just married and my mom just got married or my dad just got married.

I just realized today that I created luau invites, but not invites for the actual wedding for Disney. So I am doing that. Please give me your opinion on which you like better. The text is the same, and I found some text that includes the kids and blending families.

I tried to attach the pictures but they came out huge so I am putting a password protected link to my blog. The password is DIS. It is case sensitive. I don't want my family and friends to see it. Sorry to make it difficult.

http://planningmybigday.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/disney-invites/

Thanks for your help.

I think I like the luau themed ones best. The bottom right with the flower and the purple outline is my favorite. I love the wording too, it is really beautiful. The luau theme for the dinner really goes with the wording too because ohana means family :)

The shirts are adorable, I've been trying to narrow down my choice for shirts from Miss Morgan's on etsy. Are you making your own and printing them from your computer?

I think I like the luau themed ones best. The bottom right with the flower and the purple outline is my favorite. I love the wording too, it is really beautiful. The luau theme for the dinner really goes with the wording too because ohana means family :)

The shirts are adorable, I've been trying to narrow down my choice for shirts from Miss Morgan's on etsy. Are you making your own and printing them from your computer?

Thanks, I also love that ohana means family. It is so fitting. Yes, I am going to make they myself. Last summer for you daughter's 11th birthday sleepover the girls decorated peace sign tshirts and they came out great using the iron on transfer paper. If you try this at home, just make sure the iron is hot and you do it long enough. Hopefully it will be just as easy again.

Another vote for the luau ones!

Thanks, I'm loving the luau ones too, just need to convince Carl too. He likes the Mickey and Minnie.

Oh these are great! You can't go wrong with any of these :goodvibes

My first pick would be the purple flowers on the bottom right. If you wanted to go with one of the more "Disney" ones, I like the castle one on the upper right best.

Great job with these! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter