Gina & Carl's Wedding - 6/22/12 - Swan/Ohana ~ TR Day 4 Wedding Ceremony 8/9

Cute invites & dress :thumbsup2 I love the mickey u added for that special disney touch! :lovestruc I wanna see the ribbon wands when they are done :goodvibes

I had a very busy weekend and I was able to tackle a number of items on my to do list. Friday I printed out a bunch of the invites for the luau and started assembling them. I could only get so many done until I ran out of paper. I have two version that will be going out. One has Mickey and Minnie in the Hawaiian attire and the other has Donald and Daisy in their Hawaiian attire. Here is what they look like.

invite.jpg

The part I am dreading is addressing. Maybe I will take the lazy way out and do labels. At least then I know I won't make any spelling mistakes and waste envelopes.

Saturday, I went to Michael’s and picked out flowers for my bouquet. I went with the flowers that are more realistic, not silk. It will consist of 3 calla lilies, 2 different types of orchid stems, and another tropical white flower. I couldn’t find any blue tropical flowers there so I will add blue in the wrap. It will have ribbon wrapped stems with white ribbon with a blue accent. I’m going to look through my shells and see if I have any good ones to incorporate them. It will be ready in two weeks. I ran into my girls there and they said they liked my flower picks ;)

I forgot to order something for Carl. I may try his myself. How hard can one little flower be??? A flower, a leaf, some green floral tape and a pin, right? (All about me, I guess!)

With the money I am saving by doing the fake flowers, I decided I will treat myself and have someone do my hair and makeup for the wedding. I was planning on doing it myself (or with the help of some friends) but why not treat myself.

Besides the bridal flowers Saturday, I was all about flowers on Sunday. My friend came over and helped me make the mickey flower balls. She says she isn’t crafty, but she did a great job. Maybe the bottle of wine helped ;) Here is the finished product. I love them and think they came out great. They were really easy to make once we got started.

2012-04-15_18-00-58_134.jpg

I also make the staged exit wands. Those were easy as well. Here are a couple of pictures. They had 3 strands of ribbon and two bells on the end. I may get some sort of blingy gem to put on the very end. It looks like it is missing something on the top.

2012-04-15_17-59-06_937.jpg

2012-04-15_17-58-30_87.jpg

I didn't get to the photo albums like I wanted to this weekend, but that's ok. I will get to those soon.

Carl's best friend stopped over yesterday with his girlfriend and they decided they will be joining us down in disney. I'm so happy. I know if means a lot to Carl. They are just deciding which days they will be down there and I will book them.

I love the invites! They turned out so so cute! Good job! Definitely do the labels-- so much easier!

YAY for getting your flowers! Sounds gorgeous!

The Mickey flower balls turned out awesome! You both did a great job! And I love love love your ribbon wands!

Love all of your projects. We were going to purchase ribbon wands, but I wonder if itd be better on the wallet to make them. Where did you find the wooden dowels for the wands? and how did you get the ribbon to stick? sorry I am nosy now :rotfl:

I love the invites! They turned out so so cute! Good job! Definitely do the labels-- so much easier!

YAY for getting your flowers! Sounds gorgeous!

The Mickey flower balls turned out awesome! You both did a great job! And I love love love your ribbon wands!

Thanks Faith. I agree, I think labels will be much easier. And since I am not having a formal reception, I don't think anyone will notice.

Love all of your projects. We were going to purchase ribbon wands, but I wonder if itd be better on the wallet to make them. Where did you find the wooden dowels for the wands? and how did you get the ribbon to stick? sorry I am nosy now :rotfl:

Shannon, they were so easy to do. It probably took me just over an hour to do. I bought everything at Michael's. They dowels were in packages of 10, around $3 a package. I bought small bells there too. This week, they have ribbon on sale at 50% off, plus a bonus 25% off coupon on top of that in their flier and online so I paid about $8 for 6 spools of ribbon. I strung 2 little bells on some skinny ribbon and tied and hot it to the dowels, then I cut out 3 - 3ft pieces of ribbon and hot glued it to the stick. It was SO easy and probably came to $16 for 20 wands. (Yes, I love my Michael's coupons!!!) If you have the time, you should try it.

You've been busy! I love the invites, they came out really nice.

The flower balls are adorable, nice work!

The dress is pretty, nice and flowy.

The wands are perfect too. Everything goes so nicely together.

HI! Those Mickey flower balls came out beautiful; great job! What did it cost for materials? I am not sure if I missed that but I figured I'd ask in case I did... anyway, everything looks lovely.

You've been busy! I love the invites, they came out really nice.

The flower balls are adorable, nice work!

The dress is pretty, nice and flowy.

The wands are perfect too. Everything goes so nicely together.

Thanks so much. I hope I have time for another crafty busy day soon.

HI! Those Mickey flower balls came out beautiful; great job! What did it cost for materials? I am not sure if I missed that but I figured I'd ask in case I did... anyway, everything looks lovely.

Thanks, they were fun to make. I don't have all of my receipts in one place, but my best guess would be that it cost about $15-20 to make. I didn't buy anything that wasn't on sale or without a coupon.

I can't believe I have 46 more days until the wedding. Exactly! Since it is 3pm CDT, which is 4pm CDT in Orlando. The last few weekends have been busy with kid stuff so the wedding stuff didn't progress too much. I have lots of random updates.

Last weekend Carl and I went ring shopping. I am waiting for mine to come in. I picked out a diamond and sapphire, thin ring that will have the stone around about half of the band. It was really hard to judge how far around because I have a tiny ring size. Carl picked out a basic ring, and it was aluminum. Yes, that's right. He works as a contractor so he is constantly using tools and whatnot so he wanted something that would hold up well. His was a real bargain since we had a coupon for the store as well. I do not have pictures yet but will take some when my ring comes in.

I picked up my bouquet from Michael's. Carl thought the flowers were real when I showed him. The woman that put it together for me was able to add some shells to the bouquet too. I do have pictures of the flowers.

wpid-2012-05-05_11-47-21_253.jpg

wpid-2012-05-05_11-47-59_879.jpg

I decided that since I love making flower balls, I plan on making about 4 to hang on the chairs in the aisle. Hmm, I guess I need to see if 4 would be enough or if I need more.

I booked Beaute Speciale to do my hair and makeup for the wedding. I was going to do it myself but since I saved a bunch of money with the flowers, the savings justified me spending more.

I also faxed off the initial paperwork for the marriage license on April 30. I haven't received anything back yet. Not sure how long that will take to receive.

Right now my guest count is 17 including us, but my ex-ILs may be coming down. Yes, it is a totally weird relationship I have my my ex-husband's family. Actually my ex will be in Orlando June 20-23 and will be taking my girls, along with Carl's daughter for the day/night before the wedding to go to Universal. It is our pre-wedding honeymoon day. Carl asked if we should invite them to out wedding, but I will NOT be doing that. It is ok that his parents may be there and his niece will for sure be there.

I'm making progress on the luau. I have a rough menu planned (chicken, ham, beef as the main food), plus sides and salads and of course a big dessert table. I am almost done addressing the invitations and I hope to get them in the mail this weekend.

I booked a photobooth for the luau. It will be at my house for 6 hours, which should cover most of the luau time.

I guess I made a little more progress that I thought. :)

Your ring sounds gorgeous! Can't wait to see it!

Love your bouquet; it looks awesome!!

YAY for Beaute Speciale! You won't be disappointed- they are fantastic!

17 is a nice number! MMM.. the luau is going to be delicious (and fun!).

So excited for you!!

Cute flowers :lovestruc
U definitely are not going to regret booking Beaute speciale! They ROCK! :goodvibes
The food for your luau is making me HUNGRY :rotfl:
I cant wait 2 see your ring, it sounds lovely..
I think the photo booth will be add a special touch for your BIG day! :cutie:

Your ring sounds gorgeous! Can't wait to see it!

Love your bouquet; it looks awesome!!

YAY for Beaute Speciale! You won't be disappointed- they are fantastic!

17 is a nice number! MMM.. the luau is going to be delicious (and fun!).

So excited for you!!

Thanks! I can't wait to get my hair done. I just need to decide on a hairstyle now.

Cute flowers :lovestruc
U definitely are not going to regret booking Beaute speciale! They ROCK! :goodvibes
The food for your luau is making me HUNGRY :rotfl:
I cant wait 2 see your ring, it sounds lovely..
I think the photo booth will be add a special touch for your BIG day! :cutie:

I am so excited about the photobooth! Hopefully we will get some great pictures as the day gets late :tongue: :drinking1

Your flowers are so pretty and they look like they will fit perfectly.

I think the flower balls will look so pretty lining the aisle. We used some too and they added a nice pop of color.

Yeah for photobooth! My aunt had one and it was so much fun. You'll end up with a lot of memorable pictures for sure.

That is great that you have a decent relationship with your ex and his family and that he will take the kids. Some alone time is always nice when you have kids, enjoy!

Yeah for 46 more days, the last month flies by!

I had a photobooth at my wedding and the guests LOVED it! There was constantly people in it! My only regret was that I didn't get pictures with more people (on my hubby and my brother...I wish I had done some with my parents and bridal party!)

Your flowers are so pretty and they look like they will fit perfectly.

I think the flower balls will look so pretty lining the aisle. We used some too and they added a nice pop of color.

Yeah for photobooth! My aunt had one and it was so much fun. You'll end up with a lot of memorable pictures for sure.

That is great that you have a decent relationship with your ex and his family and that he will take the kids. Some alone time is always nice when you have kids, enjoy!

Yeah for 46 more days, the last month flies by!

I did get the flower ball idea on the aisle chairs from you! Thanks you!

I have to say, the relationship with my ex is great for my kids. I met one of my daughter's friend's mom last week and my DD told her that we live close by and it is great that we can be friends. I'm glad that my DD sees that and realizes that it isn't always that way.

I had a photobooth at my wedding and the guests LOVED it! There was constantly people in it! My only regret was that I didn't get pictures with more people (on my hubby and my brother...I wish I had done some with my parents and bridal party!)

I can't wait for it. I will be sure to get in lots of pictures, and since this will be a casual backyard luau I'm sure I will be running around with my camera snapping pictures all over the places. But knowing me, I won't be in any. lol I will make a note of all the pics I need to get though. Thanks for the reminder.

Hi Gina sweetie and sorry I have been a bit out of the loop recently!!
All your plans seem to be coming along really nicely!!! The flowers are gorgeous!!!
It is getting really close now - how exciting!!!

Hi Gina sweetie and sorry I have been a bit out of the loop recently!!
All your plans seem to be coming along really nicely!!! The flowers are gorgeous!!!
It is getting really close now - how exciting!!!

Thanks, please don't apologize, we all are super busy. It is getting CLOSE!!!

I made some more progress this weekend. Yeah me!!!

Friday, Carl and I went shopping for clothes for him. Good news, he won’t be walking down the aisle naked. Lol We ended up finding a Tommy Bahama shirt in a “coconut” color (ivory) at Nordstrom Rack. We had to go to Macy’s for the pants. He ended up picking out some linen light tan pants. He wanted white/ivory but I didn’t want him looking like he was selling ice cream. ;) I’m not sure what shoes he is wearing. He was talking about some brown sandals. I need to see how it looks together. I do need to hem his pants so something to add to the To Do list. Unfortunately I didn't have clothes shopping for him on the list so nothing checked off there.

Saturday was a crafting day. I made 6 photo albums. I am giving one to each family that is coming to the wedding. I will make a cover sheet to go in the front page, but otherwise it will be for them to use as they please. Here are pictures of each variety.

wpid-2012-05-14_06-16-09_34.jpg

wpid-2012-05-14_06-16-21_153.jpg

I also made one flower ball for the aisles, just have a few more to make. I may try to recruit my girls to help with those.

Sunday was more crafts. I made Carl's bout. I tied up the bottom with the same ribbon design that my flowers have. Here is a pic.
wpid-2012-05-13_10-41-07_465.jpg

Also, as I was assembling the fans, which I posted a while ago, I decided to try to add that white layer. I think I figured out how to do it. Here is the new version of the fans. I didn't glue the white down yet because I want to try different paper than computer paper, but this will be what they will look like.
wpid-2012-05-13_11-07-09_458.jpg

wpid-2012-05-13_11-07-21_984.jpg

36 days until we leave. I need to start getting better at crossing items off of my list. This weekend I hope to tackle getting the girls dresses. Since I am just going for sundresses, I pray it won't be so hard.

I faxed off my info for the marriage license 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. I guess I better follow up!

Very cute photo albums and great fans! I did a lot of work on projects too but no actual making anything. I know how it goes with weekends being all wedding work. That is most definitely happening to me.

Teresa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter