Gina & Carl's Wedding - 6/22/12 - Swan/Ohana ~ TR Day 4 Wedding Ceremony 8/9

Congrats on booking your ADRs!

I don't blame you for passing on the tours. When your girls are 16 you'll have more options.

Sounds like things are coming along nicely!

Can't wait to hear what flavors you pick out with It's Tasty Too! Seriously, all of her flavors were delicious! I was thrilled!

Can't wait to hear more!

Hi Gina,

My name is Heather and I was reading your fantastic post. Congrats on your engagement! I'm also looking at the Swan. I'm originally from IL around Peoria. I now live in Tampa and am a huge Disney fan also :-) I would love to swap ideas if you wouldn't mind. And if you are coming down I would love the chance to meet up. Congrats again!

Sincerely,

Heather :-)

Hi Gina,

My name is Heather and I was reading your fantastic post. Congrats on your engagement! I'm also looking at the Swan. I'm originally from IL around Peoria. I now live in Tampa and am a huge Disney fan also :-) I would love to swap ideas if you wouldn't mind. And if you are coming down I would love the chance to meet up. Congrats again!

Sincerely,

Heather :-)

Heather, thanks for following along. I have been down to Peoria a couple of times, and it always involves the June soccer tournament down there. I doubt I will get down there before the wedding :( Airfare is just too much money and vacation time is limited with taking 2 weeks for the wedding. I will send you my email in a PM and we can chat more.

Hi! Just following along and subscribing. I really like all of your ideas. The brochures are so cute! Thanks for sharing. :)

We've never done the luau either and we have it booked for a few days after the VR. My kids are younger too (9,4,2) so I figured it would keep them entertained.

We decided against the luau. I would rather spend the money on other things since it isn't a cheap dinner.

Can't wait to hear what flavors you pick out with It's Tasty Too! Seriously, all of her flavors were delicious! I was thrilled!

What did you think were the best flavors?

Hi! Just following along and subscribing. I really like all of your ideas. The brochures are so cute! Thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks for following along!

Congrats for both. Disney is really amazing place. I never thought about wedding in Disney but you did. I rally like it.........

It has been a while since I updated. Why? Because I haven’t had too much to update about. I have been cutting out mickey heads for the fans in my spare time. I have an idea of what I am putting on them finally. The front is going to be Mickey and Minnie with our wedding date. Something like this.

fan-front.jpg

The back is going to include the dog since she is the only immediate “family” member that won’t be there. I was planning on something like this.

fan-back.jpg

Unfortunately, since I picked the blue paper that is 12×12″ and it won’t fit in my printer, I decided that my fan will be 4 layers (yes, that means cutting out 4 mickey heads per fan). That was my wedding colors anyway so it ties in perfectly. It will have a smaller white layer (still finding the right paper for that). I hope to find something soon. Michael’s didn’t have anything I liked. I may try a office supply store next or another hobby store (Hobby Lobby). I was just thinking, maybe for the dog side I will cut it into a heart. Hmm, I will have to see how that looks.

I am finally going wedding dress shopping on Wednesday. I have House of Brides and David’s bridal by me. In looking at their websites, I like a whole lot more at House of Bride’s so I think I will go there. I even wrote down numbers to take with ;)

I really need to kick into gear because I have only 137 days left until the wedding.

Isn't it fun cutting out those Mickey heads? I did it every night for weeks on end. It is a labor of love for sure. Yours sound like they will be adorable.

Have fun dress shopping! Any ideas on which styles you'll try on? Do you have any that you already love?

Isn't it fun cutting out those Mickey heads? I did it every night for weeks on end. It is a labor of love for sure. Yours sound like they will be adorable.

Have fun dress shopping! Any ideas on which styles you'll try on? Do you have any that you already love?

Jillian, at least it gives me a reason to watch shows like The Bachelor so I can keep my mind of the actual cutting.

As for dresses, I don't want anything with a lot of fluff/crinoline. I keep thinking how hot it will be in June so the less layers the better. I haven't decided if I want totally strapless (and have to worry about it falling down) or either spaghetti straps or halter type. So many options to choose from.

I was the same way, I didn't want anything to big or puffy. I thought I didn't want strapless but ended up getting strapless. It is funny how you can go in with 8 different pictures of your favorite dresses and then walk out with something completely different! Have fun, can't wait to see what you choose!

Woohoo! I found a dress last night when I went shopping. The dress I wanted was something without a lot of fluff, something soft and flowy. I tried to do my homework by researched on the website of the store we were going to. Of course when I went in there they told me they probably won't have any of those in stock. So as she looked to see what she could find, I looked through the destination section of dresses. I picked out about 10 to try on and got started. She ended up finding one dress on my list, which I didn't pick when looking through them. That dress ended up being the one :) Here are two pictures from the website. I would put the ones of me in it, but it just doesn't lay right now.

dress-1.jpg

dress-2.jpg

I am going to add some straps to the dress. I think they will be the same fabric like the twists that cross on the front, and I hope to make them removable. I'm so excited to be done with dress shopping and happy that it came in under my desired dress price. The website did have it cheaper but they were able to honor the cheaper price. It will be in in late May. They better not be late.

In other news, I have finally finished cutting out enough blue mickey heads for 21 fans. Hopefully next week I will put one together to see how it looks. Does anyone know what is the best glue or adhesive to use to hold the fan and sticks together?

Gina, your dress is S T U N N I N G!!

I love it! Congrats!! pixiedust:

Ps. your fans are going to look awesome!

Love your dress I am so jealous! I mean I still like my dress but yours is gorgeous. How did you cut out your mickey heads?

Teresa

Your dress is so pretty, aren't you so glad you found it? One more thing to check off the list! I admire you're cutting out your Mickey-head fans, all 4 layers of them! I'm buying fans for my guests... :laughing: (just reg ones, not Mickey ones).
I love that you have House of Brides near you!!! We got my sister's BM dresses from them 5 years ago, and almost got ours from there, but we found another site that had them listed for a little bit less. For some reason it didn't occur to me it's a regular store, I thought it was a giant warehouse with a website. So fun! Is it like a David's Bridal? Don't laugh that this got me really excited!! :rotfl:

Your wedding is on my sister's birthday! :goodvibes

Your dress is so pretty, aren't you so glad you found it? One more thing to check off the list! I admire you're cutting out your Mickey-head fans, all 4 layers of them! I'm buying fans for my guests... :laughing: (just reg ones, not Mickey ones).
I love that you have House of Brides near you!!! We got my sister's BM dresses from them 5 years ago, and almost got ours from there, but we found another site that had them listed for a little bit less. For some reason it didn't occur to me it's a regular store, I thought it was a giant warehouse with a website. So fun! Is it like a David's Bridal? Don't laugh that this got me really excited!! :rotfl:

Your wedding is on my sister's birthday! :goodvibes

I am so relieved to have a dress. I really liked House of Brides. They were very nice there. It is just like David's Bridal. Actual, David's was across the parking lot. My friend went dress shopping last year with her friend (actually, my ex's now wife - weird, I know!) and she said she would skip David's so I took her advice.

Love the dress! It sounds like you got exactly what you wanted. I think the addition of the straps will be really nice as well.

I had such a bad experience at David's Bridal that I *actually* thought I was being punked :rotfl2:

Hope to see pics of your fans soon! So impressed with your cutting dedication!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter