Getting his Wish, James is Going to WDW- GKTW March 16, 2010

It is one of thecappells TRs, and his son was younger. I would take Pamela's advice and look into it further, as it may not be something he'd enjoy with all the younger boys along?

Pamela..you are so on it! :worship:

Hi James!! I hope you are feeling better. All my kids love Chef Mickey's for Breakfast or dinner. It is a non-stop party with swining you napkins around. You are greeted by Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Chip & Dale, and Pluto!! This is a favorite for boys and girls. It is located in the Contemporary Resort. As for rides...Tower of Terror, any of the roller coasters, there are too many to name. The rides the kids don't really like but will put up with them b/c I like them are It's a Small World, Winnie the Poph, and the People Mover.

I hope you have a great trip!!!

Feeding tube.....My son does not have one put my friends daughter had her's placed last Wed. Home from the hospital on Friday and are finding it very easy. 4 feedings per day, started with them going in over an hour and noew they can go in in 30-40 min. She even started the feeding while Taylor was napping. Good luck with everything!!

Hi James, Amber, Macylea, and Family!
So - how many more days now? Not too many!
here is a link to info about the Pirates Laegue at Magic Kingdom
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=556
and here's one about character meals
http://allears.net/din/chglance.htm
My family seems to be able to do both Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios in one day each - Epcot and Magic Kingdom we usually spend more time in, especially Epcot.
How is everyone feeling today?

Hi! I PM'd ya too! I think we are at three weeks from yesterday. James and I leave Thursday for the hospital, and should be home Sunday night. We plan on picking up some luggage in Anchorage, as we only own one suitcase in our family:scared1: We've never gone on a family trip together, it's always been James and I, so we only needed one bag.
I'm going to check the character meals link now, BIG THANKS for that link! :goodvibes and let James make his pick.
Since we don't have a diagnosis on James, we never know what it means when he feels yucky like this. Will it get better in a few days or is this the new "norm"? So far it's taken a year to get where he is at now...and the changes in him seem so slow that honestly DH and I don't notice his decline like other people do. It isn't until we look back at say, a few months ago he could go to school all day, and now he can only do about 3 hours, that we see he IS changing. The good news about not having a diagnosis is we don't have bad news to tell us he is going to be such and such a way...meaning we still have HUGE amounts of hope! I think we will see a perkier boy once the NG gets replaced with the G-tube. Also, we are still hoping that while they have him under htye will finally be able to biopsy the abdominal masses, which to date, have not been biopsied.

Hi James!! I hope you are feeling better. All my kids love Chef Mickey's for Breakfast or dinner. It is a non-stop party with swining you napkins around. You are greeted by Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Chip & Dale, and Pluto!!

We are checking on those right now

Feeding tube 4 feedings per day, started with them going in over an hour and noew they can go in in 30-40 min.

I can't believe the things I get excited about now! But the more we hear about the g-tube, the more we can't wait to have it done! Thanks for your reply, it just reinforces how we feel about it :goodvibes

Just throwin' stuff out to you :)

I LOVE what your thowing at me:rotfl: I can't believe how much you know about this! I have all the info saved so after school he has something fun to think about, and he gets to decide which one we will do

I would take Pamela's advice and look into it further, as it may not be something he'd enjoy with all the younger boys along?

This is a tough one, b/c while James is almost 13, he also has CP and is DD, he opperates at about a 7 year old level. So Winnie the Pooh is a little young for him, but dressing up like a Pirate- right up his ally! As for the teen-agers, they can deal with it!

Amber, you are so smart to keep showing the kids pics and talking about your plans - anticipation is half the fun!
I forgot to mention - my oldest had the PE tubes put in her ears, so when the time comes for your little one, if I can help in any way, let me know.
PM'd you too!{Tag! You're it!:rotfl:}

Today was a good day! Hubby came from his work trip, and having two parents at home for 6 kiddo's is sooo much better than one! Then b/c I read another post who did this...I emailed all the local car rental companies and asked if they could wave the $200 airport drop-off fee. The manager for Hertz emailed me back and said she's going to work on it, and to give her a few days, but that she will definatly be able to do "something"! That was my final "worry"-getting to Anchorage and back.
Also, b/c of Jennifer (momofwishkid), Friday I called the company we are getting James' wheelchair from and they said they just needed a DR note and our insurance will cover a rental chair. I got the dr to send them a scrip today, and called to ask if the rental chair might be here by the time we leave, March 14th. Now for all of you NOT in Alaska, just b/c he can get the chair, doesn't mean there is actually one in the state...usually it's something that gets shipped up. She said after our call she had it FedExd up, even before getting the note from the doctor, and it's due here tomorrow! OK that is pretty great news. Otherwise James is feeling better tonight, no pain meds! (I love that) and he was able to move all his formula today, which means he should be well enough for the g-tube surgery Friday. Today was a very good day indeed ;)

Wow, good news all around! You're really moving on the plans now! I went to Alaska in the 1980s and I can picture what you are talking about. How awesome of her to FedEx it!

Today was a good day! Hubby came from his work trip, and having two parents at home for 6 kiddo's is sooo much better than one! Then b/c I read another post who did this...I emailed all the local car rental companies and asked if they could wave the $200 airport drop-off fee. The manager for Hertz emailed me back and said she's going to work on it, and to give her a few days, but that she will definatly be able to do "something"! That was my final "worry"-getting to Anchorage and back.
Also, b/c of Jennifer (momofwishkid), Friday I called the company we are getting James' wheelchair from and they said they just needed a DR note and our insurance will cover a rental chair. I got the dr to send them a scrip today, and called to ask if the rental chair might be here by the time we leave, March 14th. Now for all of you NOT in Alaska, just b/c he can get the chair, doesn't mean there is actually one in the state...usually it's something that gets shipped up. She said after our call she had it FedExd up, even before getting the note from the doctor, and it's due here tomorrow! OK that is pretty great news. Otherwise James is feeling better tonight, no pain meds! (I love that) and he was able to move all his formula today, which means he should be well enough for the g-tube surgery Friday. Today was a very good day indeed ;)

So glad you all had a good day - here's hopes that today will be just as good, if not better!

:cool1: Im so glad to hear it has been a good day and James is feeling better.
:banana: and the rental is going to be there so soon!!

Yep, I'll only be home for a week before you guys leave. Hopefully I'll be able to at least start a TR but we'l see. I'll at least be able to answer any last minute questions you might have.

Everyone is doing great. I'm just getting DH prepared for James and I being gone for 3 nights. We have a dr appt in the morning, then James gets fit for his chair, then we're off to Anchorage. I read that we may get some snow ( imagine that, snow, in Alaska!) Then I'm hoping to buy some luggage so when I get home I can start packing. I went to the store yesterday, they're having a 70% off clearance sale, whoot whoot, so I bought a few pairs of shorts. I'm not sure how comfortable the g-tube site is going to be, so I found those silky track shorts for James, and he's very happy with them...$3 a pair. And found a Buzz Lightyear Light up hoodie for about $6, in case anyone has a Buzz fanatic,they have a few left. My princess daughter Mackenzie is suddenly obsessed with Buzz, much to daddy's delight. This girl has more pink in her closet than Barbie, and she wore that Buzz hoodie to school...with a blue ribbon in her hair, ofcourse!
As far as planning for the trip goes, all is one hold till after we gethome from Anchorage, then it will be full force ahead. James has been in bed all day, so I still haven't got him to pick out his character meal. I'm hoping he'll feel more up to it later. He is listening to "Fablehaven" on CD, and I'm loving that he can still enjoy books, even if he can't read them. Ok, that's my uber-random post for the day :rotfl:

Everyone is doing great. I'm just getting DH prepared for James and I being gone for 3 nights. We have a dr appt in the morning, then James gets fit for his chair, then we're off to Anchorage. I read that we may get some snow ( imagine that, snow, in Alaska!) Then I'm hoping to buy some luggage so when I get home I can start packing. I went to the store yesterday, they're having a 70% off clearance sale, whoot whoot, so I bought a few pairs of shorts. I'm not sure how comfortable the g-tube site is going to be, so I found those silky track shorts for James, and he's very happy with them...$3 a pair. And found a Buzz Lightyear Light up hoodie for about $6, in case anyone has a Buzz fanatic,they have a few left. My princess daughter Mackenzie is suddenly obsessed with Buzz, much to daddy's delight. This girl has more pink in her closet than Barbie, and she wore that Buzz hoodie to school...with a blue ribbon in her hair, ofcourse!
As far as planning for the trip goes, all is one hold till after we gethome from Anchorage, then it will be full force ahead. James has been in bed all day, so I still haven't got him to pick out his character meal. I'm hoping he'll feel more up to it later. He is listening to "Fablehaven" on CD, and I'm loving that he can still enjoy books, even if he can't read them. Ok, that's my uber-random post for the day :rotfl:

Good luck with the appointments tomorrow, Im sure all will go well.
What store was having the sale?? Gavin is a huge Toy Story fan and all he really wears are the track pants. I would love to find some for $3. :goodvibes
My DD Kia has read the Fablehaven books and really liked them. Hope James does too.

I would love to find some for $3. :goodvibes
My DD Kia has read the Fablehaven books and really liked them. Hope James does too.
The clothes are all at Fred Meyer (can't remember if you have one there) What size hoodie does he wear? I can buy it here and send if you don't have a Fred Meyers. There wasn't many track pants, lots of track shorts.
Let me know if you want to pick some things up...tomorrow morning will be my last oppertunity, b/c I think th esale is over before we get back into town.
Are there more Fablehaven books? Oh good! Mine are reading right now: Cirque Du Freak, Levan Thumps, The Rangers Apprentice and Bones...the older boys are reading the Left Behind series.

Sounds like the next few days are going to be VERY busy! But just think - when you come back, it will be time to focus on the trip, AND the g tube will be in!:banana: Have a safe trip- and remember we will be thinking of you! Will you have internet access over theweekend?

The clothes are all at Fred Meyer (can't remember if you have one there) What size hoodie does he wear? I can buy it here and send if you don't have a Fred Meyers. There wasn't many track pants, lots of track shorts.
Let me know if you want to pick some things up...tomorrow morning will be my last oppertunity, b/c I think th esale is over before we get back into town.
Are there more Fablehaven books? Oh good! Mine are reading right now: Cirque Du Freak, Levan Thumps, The Rangers Apprentice and Bones...the older boys are reading the Left Behind series.

Thanks for the offer Amber. We have a Fred Meyer right down the road ao I'll run down in the morning and see what I can find. My DD has a set of 3 of the Fablehaven books. Fablehaven, Fablehaven: Rise of the Evening star and Fablehaven: Grip of the shadow plague. DD has also read the Left Behind series. She just turned 12 but reads ALOT, sounds like the kids have a few things in common :goodvibes

Thanks for the offer Amber. We have a Fred Meyer right down the road ao I'll run down in the morning and see what I can find. My DD has a set of 3 of the Fablehaven books. Fablehaven, Fablehaven: Rise of the Evening star and Fablehaven: Grip of the shadow plague. DD has also read the Left Behind series. She just turned 12 but reads ALOT, sounds like the kids have a few things in common :goodvibes

OOOO good! I found the Buzz sweatshirts in the boys 4-7 clearance section. My daughter is 12 too, and like yours, is an avid reader. The last few months it's been The Rangers Apprentice series, and The Apprentice series, now Cirque Du Freak, which I didn't really love b/c it's kind of dark. Macylea read Rachels Tears- about the Columbine shooting, and she was really into it, but it left her feeling very melencholy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter