getting fit for your trip - a place to share & ramble

I feel like a hobbit, I just had "second breakfast". ;)

Started the day with toast and tea but had a big plate of bacon and eggs for lunch . Mmmmmm.

Oh well, I'll be good tomorrow. :lmao:

Andona

OMG sorry, but that looks and sounds disgusting :eek:

Went for a drive to the Blue Mountains today - big walk down a lot of steps - bad part is that you have to climb back up them !

Finished with bacon and egg sandwich and cappucino! :laughing:

I'm a firm believer in everything in moderation.

OMG sorry, but that looks and sounds disgusting :eek:

Can't really win with you Battymum :rotfl: I post a picture of cupcakes and get told to get back on track, I post something very healthy, that I am doing at the moment to try to get my weight down so I don't have another stroke and get told that's disgusting.

:confused3 Berries and fruit, in a blender (a smoothie) looks and sounds disgusting :confused3 As for the kale or spinach, you can't even taste that in there, its just a fruit smoothie, yummy, fresh, sweet, juicy fruit, I can't see anything disgusting about it. :confused3
Actually they are very very popular, you can get smoothies everywhere these days and they are DELICOUS and very healthy!
My 12 year old has them too as a snack, loves them, he has banana, blueberries, kale (he can't taste it either), protein powder, cocoa, vanilla and some honey, that's his favourite and it's great for a growing boy and very healthy, not disgusting at all!

I agree, everything in moderation, which is why I still love my chocolate and have my yummy omelette with sour dough for breakfast once or twice a week, sandwiches with different meats and salads for lunch, sushi, meat and vegies, sometimes pasta for dinner and yes, a cupcake (or a box) now and again. But yes, a protein shake filled with fresh fruit for breakfast. Shame on me! :rotfl: :confused3

I'm a bit late, aren't I.

Protip: This is a diet thread, not a healthy living thread.
Ultra Protip: Diets are not long term.

no. this is a thread for us aussie/nz disboarders to share & talk about getting fit. that includes healthy living, stories, experiences etc. this is not just a diet thread.

and while diets are not usually maintained in the long term because long term dieting can be just as bad for you as not dieting, what some people consider long term may be short term for others. we all have our own unique experiences and ways of doing things.

i went away for 2 days for a birthday celebration and we're already on page 6. i'm so happy we've all been able to join in & share our stories and motivations and talk about something that for a lot of us may be hard to do (diet/exercise/maintain our fitness regime) without some kind of support.

i have actually been skipping meals, or just having a piece of fruit for breakfast lately as i haven't been feeling like eating very regularly.

friday night for example, i just cut up an apple and mandarin and just ate that for dinner. yesterday, it was steamed veges for dinner. this morning, i just had some leftover corn soup for brunch, and tonight i'm having some more steamed veges with chicken breast for dinner. i'm intending to do some major kms on the bike tonight while watching tv (love that i can now workout while watching tv...takes my mind off the pain) and will work off the tiny slice of home-made low fat birthday cheesecake i allowed myself yesterday :)

keep up the great work you guys...:banana::banana::banana:

and aussietravellers..that smoothie looks yummo. i did a juice fast for a few weeks just before my op and omg, the smoothies i made were delicious.. i used some spinach and bok choy in mine though cause i don't have a grocer nearby that stocks kale. mine were mostly watermelon, apple, pineapple, bok choy, celery, and whatever berries i had on hand. so nice to have in the morning as a big natural sugar rush and energy boost and vitamin supplement :)

pfft Mirander Kerr... What's she got that I don't???

Well other then bigger ****s and a bit of height... :confused:

I love a good boost juice. My problem is recently I can't go past buying a brekkie to go go with some coco added in. (It's my favourite :love:) All those healthy options, and I have to get one with chocolate in it... :rotfl:

Well other then bigger ****s and a bit of height... :confused:

I love a good boost juice. My problem is recently I can't go past buying a brekkie to go go with some coco added in. (It's my favourite :love:) All those healthy options, and I have to get one with chocolate in it... :rotfl:

lol. women like miranda kerr make me feel like a frumpy hausfrau.

i can never go past the green tea mango one. i'm like... green tea is good for antioxidants, and mango is a lovely fruit, and the rest is just mango juice and water and sorbet/yoghurt which is also healthy.

you know, i think everything is fine in moderation. my dad had a heart scare a few years ago, and he went on a heart foundation approved diet and he counted calories and grams and sodium content and everything in the world was unhealthy in some way for him. i mean...you'd be talking to him and making a salad and he'd be like no.. that lettuce isn't organic so it's full of pesticides and unhealthy, no, that ham is smoked, it's just full of sugars, tomatoes are ok but they're high in natural sugar so they're bad for you, olives, they're high in good oils, but you can't have more than 5 or else they're bad for you...

i was like, omg. its a salad. just eat it. eat a small amount, with some protein, in moderation. exercise and you'll be fine. but he stressed about every single thing that went into his body. and if you listen to the 'experts' almost every food is good/bad for you in some way...

so with the PCOS i just follow a low gi, high protein, low carb diet and i do pretty well. i do really well on the calorie controlled lite n easy diets as they are also really low gi, low carb, high protein diets.. problem is they're a little out of my price range if i also want to save for a trip to disney.

i've had a blistering migraine for the last several days. i'm assuming that's a partial sugar/caffeine withdrawal and should pass. i'm doing fine on the mineral water, juice & regular water so far, and am actually drinking more (in terms of quantity consumed) with these better fluid choices than i would have consumed with the soft drink & water that i would have normally been drinking.

off to cut up an apple as my mid afternoon/pre dinner snack.

images

I have a smoothie every weekday for breakfast: Banana, low fat milk, muesli and Metamucil! I love it.

I don't see this as a diet BemaniAK, it's about getting fit and healthy for life.

lol. mmm. i like the eye candy. not sure i could stand being with someone prettier than me though :)

I have a smoothie every weekday for breakfast: Banana, low fat milk, muesli and Metamucil! I love it.

I don't see this as a diet BemaniAK, it's about getting fit and healthy for life.

yes. this exactly.

i also love bananas. you know a good alternative to icecream is to chop up bananas, freeze them, then whack them into a food processor -- it mashes them up into a kind of whipped sorbet thing that looks just like icecream, and doesn't taste overly of banana, so you can add other things like berries (to make it berry flavoured) or mint to make it mint flavoured etc. it's great, healthy and all natural and milk free which is extra important for those of us who are lactose intolerant :)

I might have to try that one day, thanks!

Am I strange, I just don't think Orlando Bloom is that great.

lol. mmm. i like the eye candy. not sure i could stand being with someone prettier than me though :)

yes. this exactly.

i also love bananas. you know a good alternative to icecream is to chop up bananas, freeze them, then whack them into a food processor -- it mashes them up into a kind of whipped sorbet thing that looks just like icecream, and doesn't taste overly of banana, so you can add other things like berries (to make it berry flavoured) or mint to make it mint flavoured etc. it's great, healthy and all natural and milk free which is extra important for those of us who are lactose intolerant :)

I read about that the other day! I must try that, thanks for the reminder! :thumbsup2

Alicia how are you going after the GB removal surgery? Are there any foods that you used to be able to eat that are now causing.... a little upset to your digestion (trying to find a nice way to say, that make you race to the toilet :crazy2: )

Aussietravelers, I do apologise, I guess the spinach threw me - never seen that used in a smoothie before.

Yes, upon rereading your smoothie is mostly fruit - so yummo! And good on you for having all that fruit on hand ready to go. (in my fridge does jam count? )

(sometimes I type before thinking too much) :hug:

No probs Battymum :goodvibes

Yep, jam counts. Jam is kind of a smoothie for toast (or scones) :rotfl:

The blueberries and strawberries we have a freezer full, my local store where I do all of our food grocery shopping has big bags of organic frozen blueberries and strawberries (and other berries, but we just like those two), so they are easy to keep and don't go off and we just add some when they are getting low. Goji's they are in the pantry and then we always seem to have bananas and the kale, and just whatever other fruit is in season, sometimes mango, just depends. But the frozen berries make it a yummy start to the morning.

Hope you've all had a good weekend!

I did except for the prick-ly pear that smashed into my car :sad:

And I did have cupcakes at my nephews birthday party, the cake isn't that cook, I should have just eaten the icing :p

We'll be walking tomorrow to school I think, give us all some much needed exercise, then osteo on Tuesday :cheer2:

I have lost weight or shrunk or something, jeans not as tight and not as many rolly bits over the top of my jeans :blush:

New week tomorrow!

Whats everybody's aim/focus for this week?

The weather report is good for the week, so I'm aiming to go for a brisk walk at least 3 maybe 4 days. ( I hope!)

The rain lately has been playing havoc with my exercise :(

Andona

I read about that the other day! I must try that, thanks for the reminder! :thumbsup2

Alicia how are you going after the GB removal surgery? Are there any foods that you used to be able to eat that are now causing.... a little upset to your digestion (trying to find a nice way to say, that make you race to the toilet :crazy2: )

omg. i can eat pretty much anything. except dairy. i can't have milk solids. or at least, i can't have regular milk solids, so no full cream milk. no icecream (omg, the horror). no cream. no sour cream. i can drink soy milk and i can drink really, really, really skim milk.

if i eat these foods, it's a linda-blair tribute to exorcist level vomiting within minutes...:sick: and then i just have pain afterwards :mad:

lol. surprisingly, i can still have yoghurt, provided it is a diet/skim yoghurt, or a traditional greek yoghurt. i think it has something to do with the bacteria in it. some cheese i can eat, but glorious regular cheese like camembert, brie, vintage, sharp cheddar etc (which i adore and would consume all day if i was able) just give me pain and horrible bloating and pain, or the linda blair tribute scenario.

some green veges like broccoli give me some pain, but to be honest it's 90% milk that is my big issue... and since i have low calcium levels, i'm having to take supplements as my big glass of milk a day habit is no longer able to be endured :confused3

i had a tiny sliver of cheesecake for my birthday, and i had a tiny sliver of my sister's icecream cake (what, i couldn't say no, it was birthday cake :rolleyes1) and by sliver, i mean like... only about a centimetre wide... and omg the pain the icecream caused and the instant bloating was just horrendous. i actually think i've got a little too much bile in my system, as i tend to throw up if something doesn't agree with me, rather than the other options :)

my biggest issue after the surgery is (possibly TMI for others) i have some nasty looking scars that i'm really not happy about, and because they had to cut through my stomach muscles and didn't tell me about my limitations after the surgery, my stomach is now shaped slightly differently and i have a sort of pouchy gut that sits lower than it has ever done before... really unhappy and really motivated to get rid of it (if possible) through my diet and exercise regime right now...

The weather report is good for the week, so I'm aiming to go for a brisk walk at least 3 maybe 4 days. ( I hope!)

The rain lately has been playing havoc with my exercise :(

Andona

my aim is lots of kilometres on the bike every evening, without fail, and strict adherence to my eating plan, which i put up on the fridge. since i cheated a little on my eating this weekend with birthday food, it's a hard shove back on the wagon on monday morning :)

i'm hoping to get rid of the migraines this week and eat an apple instead of drinking soda for the sugar fix... and to drink only water and juice this week, with maybe some mineral water/juice mixture if i need the extra sweetness ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter