getting fit for your trip - a place to share & ramble

Another one joining!

I've had a few ups and downs with my weight, was a bit chunky as a kid, slimmed down as a teenager, then put weight on after finishing uni and getting married. Went to Weight Watchers and got back to my ideal (based on my height) weight, then got pregnant with my first baby (who is 11 in a week) and put on 20kg. Never really lost that 20kg, and gained some more, and after having my 3rd baby I was about 92kg. I joined a boot camp-type group with some other mums when my 3rd was a baby and it was just what I needed, as I'd never exercised before! I lost about 18kg all up and started running.

However food is always the issue for me, I am an overeater, basically because it tastes good and I lack willpower to stop. Also a year ago I started full time work so it is harder to exercise as much as I should plus work and look after 3 kids and shift working husband etc etc. So in the last year I've put back on about 8 kg (I think - too scared to weight myself!)

I've tried doing Weight Watchers again, but mentally I haven't been able to make it work, I got tired of getting to the end of every week feeling like a complete failure after being 'good' all week days then going beserk on the weekends. So I'm really trying to not obsess about it, increase the exercise (running and I have a good Jillian Michaels dvd), and focus on not over eating (usually not successful but I really need to conquer it).

It's really not easy...I feel like my whole life has been spent thinking about or being upset by my weight. It's hard to feel out of control, but all we can do is try I suppose.

Maybe i am reading this wrong but this sounds kinda snarky and judgemental ... This really is not the place for judgements...

You're reading it wrong.
Once we hit page 5, read through the whole thread, you'll see what I mean.

Maybe i am reading this wrong but this sounds kinda snarky and judgemental ... This really is not the place for judgements...

It's a little what I thought as well, but I don't have a good manner in expressing myself sometimes, so it's better I say nothing... :laughing:

You're reading it wrong.
Once we hit page 5, read through the whole thread, you'll see what I mean.

Then i apologise if i misinterpreted ... Sometimes the written word doesnt do so well with nuance ... But i would like to ask for clarification ... What is the point you are trying to make? What will we see by page 5?

oooh! What a clifthanger! popcorn::

:laughing:

Here I am, up for work, protein loaded.

Took the dog for a long walk last night, I couldn't face the seat on that damn spinbike!

So 45minutes walking, then inside for some more floor exercises with DS pushing me (Jeez he's cute).

I just have to keep at it, I lost about 6kg through summer just by heading out for a walk nightly and cutting down on chips (aarrghh chips!)

This afternoon when I get home i'll head out again, take the little fella to the park (furtherest from my house is the best one) which he'll love.

Whats your aim for today?

Forgot to say Happy Birthday Alicia too, enjoy your cake then back on the wagon ;)

lol. no cake for me last night. didn't even have junk food for dinner, just veges and a scoop of banana sorbet. going for a big walk this morning right after i post this, then time on my bike..

mum has cooked me a low fat chinese for lunch which is essentially just stir fry veges with ginger & chilli and lime and so forth...

good luck everyone getting through the weekend :) that's always the hardest bit for me :)

I'm hoping that it's ok for me to join in cause I could certainly do with some motivation to help me at my stage of the get-fit for the USA treadmill. "maintenance"

I started a little earlier than you guys, about 12 weeks ago I did the "hmmm, let's see how my hot weather clothes fit??" the answer was Very, very depressing :sad2:

So I cut back on the Woolies Rock Cakes and the after dinner chocolate run and, hardest of all, gulp, alcohol! I went back to waliking regularly and boy, was I miserable!! :lmao:

Anyway I've stuck with it and now, at last, I can do up the button on my shorts! :yay:

But I know from past experience that unless I keep up walking and resist the lure of those blasted cakes and my beloved Sauvignon blanc, I'll be back where I started from just in time for our flight! So I'm hoping that you guys will inspire me to behave myself;)

Andona

well DH bought home 6 mini cup cakes last night....WTH????Because I had a complete melt down with DS2.....anyway he thought it would cheer me up:rotfl:gotta love him.

was going to go for a run today, but this damn rain..and its sooooooo cold...so coffee and cup cake instead:rotfl2:

so page 5 yet...popcorn::waiting...waiting

instead of me joining the weight loss bus, maybe i should run along behind it:rolleyes1

Hi everyone and happy weekend!

Very miserable weather in my neck of the woods today and I find I like hitting the treadmill in this kind of weather. Pop the earphones in ( DisRadio of course :rotfl: ) and I am off.

Have recorded all my measurements today too so relly getting serious about it all. Have made a deal with myself that I will not be placing my butt in a Radiator Springs racer if that butt weighs more than 99.9kgs:laughing:

Have never cracked it before in the whole 24 years DH and I have been together, but now is my time...................after all, what better motivation is there???

Oh, and I just had to post to help get us to page 5:lmao:

as per bec's suggestion, here is a lovely new thread just for us disers who are interested in getting a little more healthy, a little bit fitter etc.

feel free to rant, complain, share, encourage, motivate, support, fall off the wagon, get back on, get dizzy spells, experience the endorphin rush etc. this is a free for all thread where there are no rules...

so...

hi. my name is alicia and i'm an emotional eater.

(hi alicia)

i've hit rock bottom and am determined to get myself in shape. it's a long battle, but i wanna make it work. i have my bike and some willpower. i'm fine giving up carbs and sugar and fat and carbs and good stuff like cheese.

the thing i struggle with the most is soda. soft drink. coke. omg. the awesomeness that is the rich brown joy that is really chilled coke. it's hideously addictive, and probably most of the reason my butt and thighs are in the shape that they're in...

so my aim is to cut out soda as well. and if i can't cut it out altogether, to at least switch to coke zero (zero calories, zero fat, zero sugar) in the meantime to wean myself off the sugar & caffeine and to get to a water intake of approx 2 litres per day.

so... who else is with me??

Hi Alicia,

I haven't read the rest of this thread yet, but I just wanted to let you know that I successfully stopped drinking soda by switching to carbonated mineral water. Same fizz, but none of the nasty stuff. Plus you are increasing your water intake. :thumbsup2

I hope your battle to stop drinking Coke is going well so far!

:surfweb:

Patiently waiting...

where is that pesky page 5?

Wondering if page 5 will produce a nutritionist/personal trainer? Is Michelle Bridges in the house?

I'm tired and not so good at ignorance right now...

I have no motivation in this weather... I go to the gym 3 times a week and that's all I can drag myself away from the TV... :confused3

I love walking in summer though, something about taking a walk through balmy air is just lovely!

So I made myself some lunch today :yay: - stop laughing at me, I'm not done telling you why this is important!!

I made meatballs with pasta, with heaps of left overs to last me a few days. No really, no more laughing, I'm still not done explaining...

I know this isn't considered a healthy meal, but these left overs will stop me snacking constantly - or worse, eating just junk food for lunch. Hopefully this will help me get back on the 3 round meals thing - or at least 5 smaller round meals.

Yay me! :lmao:

I have no motivation in this weather... I go to the gym 3 times a week and that's all I can drag myself away from the TV... :confused3

I love walking in summer though, something about taking a walk through balmy air is just lovely!

So I made myself some lunch today :yay: - stop laughing at me, I'm not done telling you why this is important!!

I made meatballs with pasta, with heaps of left overs to last me a few days. No really, no more laughing, I'm still not done explaining...

I know this isn't considered a healthy meal, but these left overs will stop me snacking constantly - or worse, eating just junk food for lunch. Hopefully this will help me get back on the 3 round meals thing - or at least 5 smaller round meals.

Yay me! :lmao:
I get it!

I need meals, not snacks LOL

I need hot lunches, to me a sandwich is not a meal, it just doesn't cut it for lunch.

My jeans are tight...not as tight though LOL

I have chocolate cake in the oven!

I am planning to ice it with buttercream and sugar soaked cherries and fresh cream in the middle!!

So bad!!

And its not even a birthday - just raining and I was bored!! :guilty:

I have chocolate cake in the oven!

I am planning to ice it with buttercream and sugar soaked cherries and fresh cream in the middle!!

So bad!!

And its not even a birthday - just raining and I was bored!! :guilty:

Bahahaha pirate:

:surfweb:

Patiently waiting...

where is that pesky page 5?

Wondering if page 5 will produce a nutritionist/personal trainer? Is Michelle Bridges in the house?

I'm tired and not so good at ignorance right now...

when we hit page 5, 20 kgs will automatically drop off the hips/butts and tummy...

roll on page 5..

just had cupcake #4.........aldi shopping now.

:wave2: ever since I made the desicion that this was the year I was getting Thyroid/ hormones PCOS under control all I have seemed to do is crave sugar and crap that I very rarely at before :sad2:

I think it's a bit late for me to try and lose a great deal but I need to get back on my vibration machine evey day so if I have to tell you all if I have been on it hopefully I can stay motivated:)

Can't wait to see Page 5 ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter