Get Off The Ship - we are running out of towel animals! Update 03/17 Day 24

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by dizneeat, Sep 16, 2013.

1. RGirl

RGirl Change Is Good

Hi Karin!

How funny that, after all this time, we somehow both have our TRs corresponding to the exact same time - end of Pirate Night! I can't believe it!:rotfl2: And I am very amused at how TOTALLY different our Pirate Day/Night was. No wonder we didn't run into each other on this day!

Your Palo meal looks so good, and it sounds like you had a wonderful time.

I love all the magic you make for the CMs. It's so thoughtful of you! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. veggiemama

veggiemama Mouseketeer

Once again, I'm behind :) All caught up again now though....

Your mosquito report gave me a smile. Not because of the amount of them but because we live in what is affectionately known as mosquito territory. :rotfl: We can't go outdoors right now without having them swarm around us. Even my early morning walks are awful - I literally have to wave my arms in front of me as I walk to part the mosquito - otherwise you end up with them in your hair, clothes mouth :eek:

Once again I love all your pictures. Food of course, but also the beach, fireworks, quiet areas around the ship. Just beautiful :)

Have a great time in Paris :cool2:

4. michelle9343

michelle9343 DIS Veteran

Have a great time in Paris I can not wait to see all of the pictures!!

5. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Have fun on your cruise!!!!!!

6. disney67

disney67 DIS Veteran

hope you and Tom have a magical time in Paris maybe one of these years i will be able to make it there ? but if not i can always live it thru you guys .

and i finally got my tattoo for molly Boo with the 01 on her t-shirt hope tom was able to show you ? well hugs and kisses and my planning is right now still a go for next august till i book air im not doing a countdown :wizard:

Love always
    Jeffrey and Family

7. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Hi Karin I am back from Williamsburg and have posted a mysterious pix!!!!!

8. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

Vacation greetings to all our DISfriends

(thanks Jen for having my back!)

We are still cruising the Med on the Magic and while we are having a fun time, I have to admit that the Magic comes in last in our ranking of the Disney vessels.
    They STILL have not completely solved the “pipe” problems. First purchase in our first port of call – airfreshener, as the bathroom has a faint sewer smell – we are on deck 7, friends on deck 2 have the same problem. We already had a leaking air conditioner and Ellen, brace yourself, they ran out of Moet Ice. Well, not only the Moet Ice, but the Taittinger Rose and the Moet Imperial as well. They ran out of O’Gill’s beer and several other things, even though they are happily selling the O’Gill’s mugs. The only English/Irish beer comes in a can.
    We are giving the Magic another shot in March, when we are sailing a Western Caribbean, but otherwise we will happily stick with the newer ships.

Rant over, just wanted to share a few impressions of our vacation too.

Barcelona:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Villefranche:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

La Spezia (Cinque Terre):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rome:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Athens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kusadasi:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Going to Mykonos tomorrow.
    We will be home for just three days starting on August 8, then off to Paris (DLP, that is…..) for another ten nights. Hope to be able to update SOON!!!!!!!!!!

9. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

Wow! For a ship with so many difficulties, it still sure looks like a great time!

10. scottny

scottny <font color=blue>You better have crackers<br><font

Beautiful pics. I want to go to Turkey and Greece.

Have fun in DLP.

11. perfectmatch300

perfectmatch300 DIS Veteran

I am glad to hear that you are having a good time on the Magic. Your pictures, as usual, are awesome. Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to share with us.

12. michelle9343

michelle9343 DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear so many issues with the Magic...
    I know you guys are still having a wonderful time and I LOVE all of the pictures so far. I can not wait to hear all about it!!!

13. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

So excited for the update! I have been missing your reports. :goodvibes

Have fun in DLP!!!

14. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Karin wonderful of your cruise , the food looks delish, sorry about the "pipes" and the need for air freshener !!! The CAT looks soooo much like my 2 cats , alittle bit of both, the face is exactly like my Tink but the spot on the back is my Misty!!!!

15. linetbo

linetbo DIS Veteran

I am so glad that you will give the Magic another chance, we are going to be there and I cant wait to meet yoh. Love your reports.

16. Leshaface

Leshaface DIS Veteran

I have already seen this update on your other thread, but wanted to make sure I post here, so I know that I have been here :rotfl:

17. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

This is not happy news for me. We may be carrying on more than planned so it is helpful. I had forgotten about air freshener, I've packed it twice and never needed it but need to add it to my list. We are on deck 7 as well.

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

19. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

Hey, I bet you would not have thought that I would ever come back to finish this baby. :rotfl2:

But I am determined to. So here we go with replies and hopefully an update or two this weekend .........​

20. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

It's funny how most of the European CM miss their sweets. We would never have thought of Nutella, but even Ana, our Dream server had asked for it when we cruised with her. ;)

Thank you, Rosie!
    Palo is always a treat. It comes pretty close to real Italian food.
    CM are not allowed to bring Nutella on board as it is considered "dairy" but guests may bring it. So why not "spread" a little happiness between the CM who make so many guests happy. ;)

It was one of the best ideas ever. No crowds and we got to experience the best part, the amazing fireworks. :thumbsup2

We were pretty happy with our decision in the end. Nothing better than sit on the veranda with a nice beverage and enjoy the pleasures of this cruise. ;)

21. NOKA06

NOKA06 Earning My Ears

YAY!!!! We'll be right here waiting!!!:yay: