• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Get Off The Ship - we are running out of towel animals! Update 10/25 Day 31

Ha, had to laugh at your last line!!!

Great to know I made you laugh! :rotfl2:

Seems like a great brunch at Palo - I like the look of the Calzone, I don't have any memories of it being offered on the Wonder. Of course there are so many wonderful things on that buffet!

That was the first time we had seen it. And I don't recall them offering it on the Magic or Dream, but it was really good. And I just loved the lasagna! :cloud9:

How was the Wine tasting? Were those wines that they have available on the ship?

We just love the tastings and the wine and Champagne tastings are my favourites.
Yes, usually all the wines are available on board. Why do I say usually, because it was not the case on the Magic :rotfl: they had run out of some of it. :lmao:

Palo always looks amazing! You are so nice to take care of the CM's like you do!

Having learned about how they live on board from Ana, we want to give back a little for the hard work they do. :goodvibes

I've never managed the chocolate tasting yet...some of these days I'll have time!

Jill in CO

You have to try a chocolate tasting! It is another one of my favourites. And funnily enough it really changes the taste of wines and spirits. Hope you can get to one on your next cruise! :thumbsup2

Those entrees from Palo look amazing! It will be hard to pry me away from the Chicken Parm, but that lasagna looks really good.

Tom tried the Chicken Parm on one of our cruises and it was really good - the risotto it came with was amazing.
But I am such a sucker for lasagna! And this one was out of this world good! :thumbsup2

I'm so hoping that we can get a chocolate tasting on our cruise. I've done one before, but it was so good and I would love to do one again. You two really know how to relax and live it up on vacation!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, so you can get a chocolate tasting on your next cruise. We have done most of the tastings before too and no two tastings are ever the same.

summer13a_zps065e2f24.jpg

Day 16, August 22

A „relaxing“, fun filled day at sea - Part 3

Once we were done we were in such a good mood that we just changed bars and headed over to O’Gills.
There were just a few guests and we easily found a seat. Tom ordered

some beer, while I stuck with just a

Diet Coke. We had a good laugh as they do not store sodas in the bar, so the bar tender had to go get it from a store room. It was such a relaxing afternoon and a fun one too, after all those drinks.
We stayed for about 30 minutes before we returned to our stateroom to pick up the tickets for our next appointment, another kitchen tour. This time we ran into some German guests, who we had met on the DISboards before the cruise. We chatted quite a bit with them and soon enough we were led into the Royal Court and through to the kitchen.

Having done the same tour the week before we now had more time to look around. And since no tour is ever completely the same, we even learned some new facts. And again, at the end of the tour we were given some

warm cookies and once we had enjoyed those, we sat at the Vista Café with our new friends until we had to return to our stateroom for some real rest. On the way there, we passed some young people playing Minigolf and noticed our new British friends daughters.

We watched for a while until we were getting a bit tired so we headed back to our room.

We made ourselves comfortable on our beds and watched a little TV to recover from all the food and booze we had indulged in so far.
Around 6.30 we headed out again. We went up to Currents for the drink of the day.
It was the

High Tide and once the barkeeper told us what it was, I was not too sure about it, so Tom ordered it, so we would get to taste as many drinks of the day as possible, while I went with an old favourite, the Pina Colada, which was a bit on the sweet side. It was nice to sit up on deck and watch the ship glide through the waves and seeing the sun slowly setting and the weather deteriorating.

When we walked back to our stateroom we passed the ice cream station and Tom tried a cone with

banana soft serve, which he finished on the way to our stateroom. Again, we put our veranda to good use and sat outside until it was time to head down to Animators Palate for dinner.

To be continued ............

The food looked good for brunch.

Nice that you will send her the Nutella.

LOL that he brought in your gifts as it was getting full.

Tours look fun and booze is always good.

Great update! :cool1:

Now I'm caught up on both of your TR's. One of these days I'm going to do a galley tour. I keep saying I'm going to do it every cruise I take but I never seem to manage to make it happen. :confused3 I guess I can use that as an excuse to book another cruise! :teeth:

That's is super nice of you to get their ID numbers to send them more Nutella while on the ship! What a fantastic idea.

Ooh a chocolate tasting sounds fun! I don't remember them offering that tasting on either ship. Is that pretty new...as in 3 years new since that's how long it has been since i've been on board?! :sad2::lmao:

Interesting on how they do their poached eggs.

Did someone put that Cruzan rum in your FE or did you pucharse that? That would make for an awesome FE gift:thumbsup2

I have said I am going to do that tour several times and was close to doing it on Princess...but still haven't. I need to do it some day!

Palos looks so YUMMY !!!
You guys are so sweet sending your server friends some nutella!!!!
I am sure they were so excited when they received your package!!!

brunch looked amazing!

Chocolate tasting would definitely be incredible... add in the wine tasting and sounds like a perfect time.

Your day was certainly action packed adding in the kitchen tour. What fun!

somehow I completely missed this update. Well I know how, I've barely looked up these days but still, sorry about that!

I swear though, you had entree options I don't ever recall at Palo Brunch and we've been three times? Lasagna? Tenderloin? Calzone???? I don't recall any of those although it's entirely possible they were there and I just ignored them as it wasn't what I had in mind?

Go figure.

What a decadent day. Palo, Chocolate tasting, wine tasting...FUN! I would be very relaxed. And need a nap :goodvibes

Hi Karin!!!

Palo brunch looks as amazing as always. Your pictures make me want to try it again, but I know I want to do both brunch and dinner at Remy - I don’t think I can justify a Palo brunch as well, especially because I can totally see myself ending up with a second Remy dinner. :laughing:

As usual, I am jealous of your tasting (er, I mean, tastingS) experience. One day, I will manage to do one! Looks and sounds like so much fun!

Loving the kitchen tour pics again - I so hope that you get good news on them letting kids join. I’m guessing that they don’t though. :( I just know Willow would enjoy something like that soooo much.

Reading your report makes me so sad that we won’t overlap next year. I think we would have such a great time meeting up! I still can’t believe we missed each other last year despite being in staterooms so close to each other and eating at all the same places. :laughing:

Oh, the chocolate and wine pairing! I would just love to do that someday...

You really need to try it some day - it is just an awesome tasting and you will be amazed how much a little chocolate can change the taste of a drink. :thumbsup2

The food looked good for brunch.

Nice that you will send her the Nutella.

LOL that he brought in your gifts as it was getting full.

Tours look fun and booze is always good.

Palo is always a treat - there are SO many yummy things that I would love to try, but I guess we would need to have a Palo brunch every day to try it all. :lmao:

I really feel for the European CMs. There are so many things they grew up with and they just can't get them in the US (or Disney does not allow them on board). And since they spread so much joy and happiness, this is our way to pay back. Nutella and Austrian chocolates! ;)

Great update! :cool1:

Now I'm caught up on both of your TR's. One of these days I'm going to do a galley tour. I keep saying I'm going to do it every cruise I take but I never seem to manage to make it happen. :confused3 I guess I can use that as an excuse to book another cruise! :teeth:

:thumbsup2 for being all caught up.
What a great excuse for booking another cruise - you NEED to do the galley tour. :laughing:
But every excuse is a GOOD excuse for booking another cruise! ;)

That's is super nice of you to get their ID numbers to send them more Nutella while on the ship! What a fantastic idea.

We have done it for Ana and it is pretty easy once you have their ID number. And since there were no more ports where we could do some shopping for her, sending it to the ship was the easiest way. ;)

Ooh a chocolate tasting sounds fun! I don't remember them offering that tasting on either ship. Is that pretty new...as in 3 years new since that's how long it has been since i've been on board?! :sad2::lmao:

I think they only started those in 2013, or late 2012. I don't remember it being an option on our 2012 cruise. So I guess it is kind of new.

Interesting on how they do their poached eggs.

Did someone put that Cruzan rum in your FE or did you pucharse that? That would make for an awesome FE gift:thumbsup2

Tom bought it in one of the ports. But you are right, it would have been a great gift too! :thumbsup2

I have said I am going to do that tour several times and was close to doing it on Princess...but still haven't. I need to do it some day!

The galley tour is a lot of fun and very interesting as well. Thinking about how many means they produce in there, it's an awesome experience. :goodvibes

Palos looks so YUMMY !!!
You guys are so sweet sending your server friends some nutella!!!!
I am sure they were so excited when they received your package!!!

Palo is so good. And everything not only looks but also tastes so good. I really hope to score another good time for Tom's birthday cruise.:goodvibes

brunch looked amazing!

Chocolate tasting would definitely be incredible... add in the wine tasting and sounds like a perfect time.

Your day was certainly action packed adding in the kitchen tour. What fun!

Palo is always a great experience.
And we were so lucky to manage to do so many tastings. They are a lot of fun and you learn a lot.

somehow I completely missed this update. Well I know how, I've barely looked up these days but still, sorry about that!

No problem, Cynthia. Sometimes real life just gets too busy. :wave2:

I swear though, you had entree options I don't ever recall at Palo Brunch and we've been three times? Lasagna? Tenderloin? Calzone???? I don't recall any of those although it's entirely possible they were there and I just ignored them as it wasn't what I had in mind?

Go figure.

You are perfectly right - we were stunned with the entree options as well. Only on the Fantasy were we offered those. I was looking forward to some options on the Dream in February and they did not offer them, neither did they on the Magic.

What a decadent day. Palo, Chocolate tasting, wine tasting...FUN! I would be very relaxed. And need a nap :goodvibes

Ah, all of that got us in a REALLY good mood :rotfl2:. Good food, followed by quite some alcohol makes for happy bunnies. :laughing:

Hi Karin!!!

Hi Roni! :wave2:

Palo brunch looks as amazing as always. Your pictures make me want to try it again, but I know I want to do both brunch and dinner at Remy - I don’t think I can justify a Palo brunch as well, especially because I can totally see myself ending up with a second Remy dinner. :laughing:

We just love Palo brunch - such a great way to spend a morning at sea. :goodvibes
I am not sure we are going to do the Remy dinner next summer - I am positive on the lunch though. Dinner is just too much and Tom and I can't really take it seriously as we have yet to find anything like it in France. :lmao:

As usual, I am jealous of your tasting (er, I mean, tastingS) experience. One day, I will manage to do one! Looks and sounds like so much fun!

You did a lot of awesome things on your cruise - and I am sure you will get a chance to do some tastings sooner rather than later. ;)

Loving the kitchen tour pics again - I so hope that you get good news on them letting kids join. I’m guessing that they don’t though. :( I just know Willow would enjoy something like that soooo much.

I promise I will ask if kids are allowed in late March. I have scanned all the photos as I thought I remembered someone carrying a little girl, but I just can't find a photo with a kid in it. I'll let you know as soon as we are off the Magic cruise in April. :goodvibes

Reading your report makes me so sad that we won’t overlap next year. I think we would have such a great time meeting up! I still can’t believe we missed each other last year despite being in staterooms so close to each other and eating at all the same places. :laughing:

It's a shame we don't overlap next summer. Tom and I would love to meet you and Miss Willow!
And I still cannot believe we did not run into each other since our staterooms were so close. :sad2:

summer13a_zps065e2f24.jpg

Day 16, August 22

A „relaxing“, fun filled day at sea - Part 4

Again, we put our veranda to good use and sat outside until it was time to head down to Animators Palate for dinner.

Today we were doing the animated drawings and it was a busy night for the servers. Once we got to our table, Tom did the drawings and our servers came right by to collect them. We were served our staple Diet Cokes and brought the some

Sour Dough Bread and

Roasted Red Pepper Dip. There is an appetizer sampler, so no special order was needed and soon we were served the

Animators Workshop Sampler,

Marinated Garlic and Herb Shrimp with a zesty lemon Aioli,

Prosciutto with Melon and

Sesame Crusted Tuna Sashimi, Wakame Salad, Wasabi and Soy Sauce. Everything on it was really tasty, as tasty as we had remembered it from the week before. And we were really looking forward to the soup, which we had so enjoyed the week before, the

“Corn Three Ways” Buttered Popcorn Soup, topped with caramelized popcorn and spiced cornbread, which did not disappoint. And while Tom stayed with the most served dish of the evening, the

Oven-Baked Lobster Tail, served in the shell with Lemon Butter, Bean Casserole and Saffron Rice, I wanted to try something different that day, the

Oven Roasted Pork Tenderloin, over creamy Cheese Polenta with Sauteed Wild Mushrooms and a Merlot Reduction. And we were both really happy with our choices. The animation show started while we were still eating our main course and it was as fun as the first time around.

Once the show was over they were serving dessert and we both had the same thing, the

Warm Chocolate Lava Cake, a baked chocolate delicacy served warm with double chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream. It was rich and gooey and oh such a nice ending to our meal.
We said our goodbyes to the servers and strolled to the back elevators to head up to our deck. And when we opened the door we were greeted by a giant shark,

who was guarding four chocolates! Raj had outdone himself again. We stayed in the stateroom for a while, but I was craving my favourite cruise drink, the Moet Ice.
So we headed back down to Oh La La again. It was half empty, we quickly found seats, and a server was quickly on hand to take our order. Tom ordered a

cocktail, while I went with a glass of the

Moet Ice. Both drinks were really nice and a great way to end the day. We sat there and chatted for quite some time until we had finished our drinks. It was way past 11pm when we got back to our stateroom

craved something salty and had some FE gift crackling before we fell into bed.

To be continued ............

We like Animator's Palate. Love the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Ooh your dinner looks yummy! Buttered popcorn soup?! Very interesting.

Aw, the picture you have of Mickey cutting the corn, is a short that I used to watch when I was a little girl. Now I show Calvin it and he loves it :goodvibes

That towel shark is super impressive! Wow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter