Get Off The Ship - we are running out of towel animals! Update 10/25 Day 31

Hi Karin!

How funny that, after all this time, we somehow both have our TRs corresponding to the exact same time - end of Pirate Night! I can't believe it!:rotfl2: And I am very amused at how TOTALLY different our Pirate Day/Night was. No wonder we didn't run into each other on this day!

Okay, and since it has been a long time since you have posted this, you are already done with your TR, while I still need to wrap up 16 days of our 2013 vacation. :scared1: :rotfl2:

And I am still amazed by the fact that even though we were on the same deck we never ran into each other.

Your Palo meal looks so good, and it sounds like you had a wonderful time.

We enjoyed Palo as always. It is such a nice change from the MDR. :thumbsup2

I love all the magic you make for the CMs. It's so thoughtful of you! :goodvibes

It's just a bit of payback time. They make our trip extra special, so why not give a little bit of pixiedust back to them. :flower3:

Once again, I'm behind :) All caught up again now though....

My turn to say I am way behind updating ........ ;)

Your mosquito report gave me a smile. Not because of the amount of them but because we live in what is affectionately known as mosquito territory. :rotfl: We can't go outdoors right now without having them swarm around us. Even my early morning walks are awful - I literally have to wave my arms in front of me as I walk to part the mosquito - otherwise you end up with them in your hair, clothes mouth :eek:

Yikes! That would be a reason for me to MOVE!!! :lmao: Mosquitos seem to like the taste of my blood, as I always get bitten, no matter how much of that repellent I apply. :scared:

Once again I love all your pictures. Food of course, but also the beach, fireworks, quiet areas around the ship. Just beautiful :)

I am glad you like the photos. And the fireworks were just awesome from our balcony. :goodvibes

YAY!!!! We'll be right here waiting!!!:yay:

I am getting there, it is looking good for an update this weekend. :thumbsup2

too funny, i just found this thread today and I was looking for the end of the trip. And now...all I have to do is wait for you to post it ;)

summer13a_zps065e2f24.jpg

Day 16, August 22

A „relaxing“, fun filled day at sea - Part 1

Today we were able to sleep in a bit, so we only got out of bed at around 8am, then took showers and got dressed. We started to sort out things and packing away FE gifts.

At around 9.45 we got ready to head upstairs to Palo again. We arrived about 5 minutes early and were asked to have a seat in Meridian. There was just enough time to find a seat and sit down when they started to seat people again.
We were happy to see Ophelie’s smiling face again and were quickly led to a window table. Then she left us for a minute to exchange the white napkins for black ones and when she returned she took us for a tour of the buffet. We have been to Palo brunch so often that we have the feeling we could give the tour ourselves, but we let her explain all the goodies again.

Then at the end of the tour she asked if we wanted some coffee or tea, or if we would like some water and if we wanted a Mimosa or some Prosecco. We both opted for the Prosecco and were handed some plates to fill with brunch goodies. We did as we were told and loaded quite a few yummy items onto our plates

before we returned to our table where water and Prosecco were already waiting for us.

Ophelie came by and had a look at our plates and was pleased to see that we had filled them rather full.

To be continued ............

Thanks for all the great updates Karin! We're breathlessly waiting for the next ones.:surfweb: Can you tell we're ready for our next Disney trip to start?(Aulani in May) Noah and Karen

You are making me so hungry for the Palo Brunch!

;) Then I have done well! :lmao: Can't wait to indulge in it again too! Especially on the cruise we are going to sail together. :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the great updates Karin! We're breathlessly waiting for the next ones.:surfweb: Can you tell we're ready for our next Disney trip to start?(Aulani in May) Noah and Karen

You are very welcome! I really need to get a move on here. I have only managed to post about half of our vacation. Lots more to come.

Wow! A trip to Aulani! So jealous! We did think about it, but flights to Hawaii from Europe in high season are just SO expensive, so it is not in the cards for us. :sad2:
I hope you come back with a lot of pics to share. :woohoo:

No! You'd think I would have learned by now to never, ever check your TR's before lunch time. This always happens! I haven't eaten yet and you post pictures of the delicious Palo Brunch offerings :mad::rotfl2:

Now off to eat my crappy half a ham sandwich :headache:

Just two more weeks until I get to enjoy a wonderful Palo Brunch. Your pictures are absolutely mouth watering!

:goodvibes

No! You'd think I would have learned by now to never, ever check your TR's before lunch time. This always happens! I haven't eaten yet and you post pictures of the delicious Palo Brunch offerings :mad::rotfl2:

Now off to eat my crappy half a ham sandwich :headache:

Sorry to torture you with Palo brunch, but I can assure you the food was as yummy as it looked. ;)

Just two more weeks until I get to enjoy a wonderful Palo Brunch. Your pictures are absolutely mouth watering!

:woohoo: Yeah for getting to enjoy a Palo brunch so soon. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! :goodvibes

Hi Karin! Welcome back! Another yummy brunch! I'm getting confused which ship is with which TR of yours, but it all looks wonderful regardless! :lmao:
I had a DCL video on the other night when Jim came home and now he has the itch to sail on the Dream! We may change our Aulani plans for 2016 to a 4 day Dream and a couple of F&W days.

Hi Karin! Welcome back! Another yummy brunch! I'm getting confused which ship is with which TR of yours, but it all looks wonderful regardless! :lmao:
I had a DCL video on the other night when Jim came home and now he has the itch to sail on the Dream! We may change our Aulani plans for 2016 to a 4 day Dream and a couple of F&W days.

I am sorry for all the confusion, Tammie!
But we are off the ship on my February report and there is only one more day left here, so then when you see a ship, it will be the Magic on my Med report. :rotfl2:
Okay, good, that IS confusing. I have a hard time keeping things straight! :lmao:

Well, I can certainly understand Jim wanting to sail on the Dream. :thumbsup2 But then Aulani sounds heavenly as well. :goodvibes

summer13a_zps065e2f24.jpg

Day 16, August 22

A „relaxing“, fun filled day at sea - Part 2

Ophelie came by and had a look at our plates and was pleased to see that we had filled them rather full.
And after taking some pictures of this yummy food, we started to enjoy our brunch. Needless to say that I could not stop at just one plate. So I headed back to pick up

another plate of Fruit and a Sticky bun. And while we were still enjoying the cold buffet offerings, Ophelie came by to ask if we wanted some pizza. Now we had had pizza the last time, but Tom was trying to decide between the Calzone and the Beef Tenderloin. I knew that I wanted what I had had the last time, the

Beef Lasagna. In the end Tom ordered the

Calzone, but Ophelie brought him the

Tenderloin as a little extra and we both tried it. It was melt in your mouth tender. We needed a little break before dessert and Ophelie

used the time to introduce her roommate,

who she shared her Nutella with, to us.

We had quite a fun chat and they told us about how difficult it was to have treats that meant home to them. They even joked, that about half of the Nutella was already gone. Well, we knew that we could help with that shortage and asked if they trusted us with their Cast Member ID number, so we could get them some more of their favourite sweet spread and just ship it to the ship. They could not believe we would do that for them but then went to get Ophelie’s ID. They had spent quite some time with us and it was time for them to tend to other guests again. So we made our way over to the dessert station and picked up some wonderful sweets.

And after we had finished indulging in sweet delights Ophelie brought us our bill, which we added a nice tip for her to and handed her a bag full of European sweets, which she promised to share with her roommate.
We left Palo around 11.45 and headed back to our stateroom to relax and chill a bit before our next appointment. On the way to our stateroom we ran into Raj who wanted to know everything about our Palo experience and told us that he had taken some of the gifts in our FE inside our room as it was getting too full.
We emptied out the rest of our gifts and after changing into some more comfortable clothes we grabbed drinks out of the fridge and sat out on the veranda. Unfortunately our break wasn’t too long as at 12.15 we headed to Oh La La for a Chocolate tasting.

We have done those before and even though I don’t do well with the red wines they offer, it is still so much fun and the chocolate that goes with the wine is just really nice.
Once we arrived, we were led to a table for two and waited for the rest of our group to arrive. At 12.30 they started the tasting and it was a lot of fun. There were lots of laughs shared while we learned that alcohol and chocolate were a match made in heaven. The tasting took about 30 minutes and after a few questions and photos they asked everyone to leave as there was another tasting right after this one. Yip, we were in on that one as well, a Wine Tasting. And we were not the only ones who did both of those tastings. We waited outside for a few minutes, then were allowed inside again and quickly found new seats and once the tasting started we all had a lot of fun.

Once we were done we were in such a good mood that we just changed bars and headed over to O’Gills.

To be continued ............

Chocolate Tasting? Wow! That sounds like my kind of tasting, especially with a wine chaser! :goodvibes What's at O'Gills? A Whiskey tasting? :rotfl2:

Ha, had to laugh at your last line!!!

Seems like a great brunch at Palo - I like the look of the Calzone, I don't have any memories of it being offered on the Wonder. Of course there are so many wonderful things on that buffet!

How was the Wine tasting? Were those wines that they have available on the ship?

Palo always looks amazing! You are so nice to take care of the CM's like you do!

I've never managed the chocolate tasting yet...some of these days I'll have time!

Jill in CO

Those entrees from Palo look amazing! It will be hard to pry me away from the Chicken Parm, but that lasagna looks really good.

I'm so hoping that we can get a chocolate tasting on our cruise. I've done one before, but it was so good and I would love to do one again. You two really know how to relax and live it up on vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter