Gay Days 2012 - The Official Unofficial Thread ;)

chwgmjay

I think your giraffe is being towed.
Now that I have some time to sit down and actually write something out... LOL

It's that time of the year. :) Time to start thinking about NEXT YEAR! :)

I am going to partially steal from the 2011 thread. Thanks to TagsMissy for maintaining that thread, btw.

MOST of the events are now being posted on our Facebook group. If you're interested in joining, PM myself or jackskellingtonsgirl for the link. :)

-=-=-=-=-=-

Gay Days 2012
Thur. May 31st - Animal Kingdom
Fri. June 1st - Disney Hollywood Studios
Sat. June 2nd - Magic Kingdom
Sun. June 3rd - Epcot

-=-=-=-=-=-

MEETS:

-=-
May 31st Animal Kingdom Day

+ 8:00 am Boma Breakfast - More information/RSVP at http://www.facebook.com/events/252679171476541/

+ 2:00 pm Dawa Bar - Meet for drinks at Dawa bar at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

+ 3:30 pm Expedition Everest Meet - More info/RSVP at http://www.facebook.com/events/363138897050349/

-=-
June 1st Disney Hollywood Studios Day

+ 10:30 am Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Meet - More information/RSVP at http://www.facebook.com/events/289350794471984/

-=-
June 2nd Magic Kingdom Day

+11:30 am Jungle Cruise Meet - More information and RSVP at http://www.facebook.com/events/321126594603606/

+ 3:00 pm Parade - Meet on the steps at City Hall, Main Street USA, to watch the parade. As the end of the parade passes, join the crowd as we follow along behind it creating a sea of red! Bring your cameras, as it truly is a magical sight!

+ 4:00 pm Dis Dole Whip Meet - A fun and informal meet for a wonderful pineapple treat! Please retrieve your own Dole Whip (or any of the other yummy snacks available at Aloha Isle) and meet in the covered area to the left of Aloha Isle as you face it from the front. We will try to have a greeter near the lines to let people know where to go. :)

-=-
June 3rd Epcot Day

+ 9:30 am Soarin' Meet - More information and RSVP at http://www.facebook.com/events/401721983177168/

+ 12:00 pm @ Mexico Pavilion - Drink Around the World

-=-=-=-=-=-

The Gang:

chwgmjay - 5/28-6/7
ericlovestechrat - 5/29-6/7
fmelchor88 - 5/26-6/4
DVC Doc - 5/30-6/4
insoin - 5/28-6/6
jackskellingtonsgirl - 5/31-6/9
dreweyj - 5/30-6/4
ConcKahuna - 5/31-6/4
eastatlantaguys - 5/28-6/4

We aren't sure we are going next year - we are considering either a spring trip (for the Epcot Flower and Garden Show) or a fall trip (for the Food and Wine Festival) instead.

We had no WDW 2012 plans, now we are reconsidering...

Already made plans for september of 2012, but maybe I could swing a few days in june in. It'd be nice to meet everyone even though I don't really know anyone

My partner and I are planning to go! Our first family vacation with our baby boy. Can't wait! Haven't been to WDW since 1996 when I was 16!

Dang, we're going to miss Gay Days since we'll be going to WDW in the Fall of '12 I hear it's a blast! Let's hope y'all post some pics on this thread. :cool2:

Dang, we're going to miss Gay Days since we'll be going to WDW in the Fall of '12 I hear it's a blast! Let's hope y'all post some pics on this thread. :cool2:

Not to worry, there's always the following year! It's always the first weekend in June and the days leading up to it, so no excuse not to plan now for them.

Pics won't be in THIS thread, since this is a planning thread only, but there will be plenty of trip reports posted.

Pics won't be in THIS thread, since this is a planning thread only, but there will be plenty of trip reports posted.

nothing stopping folks from posting photos in here :) It's not just a planning thread, it's a general GD thread :) I know I'll be looking for photos here!

Hi all - glad I found this forum!
Ok, disclaimer- I am not gay ( actually married -straight relationship)
That being said - we have many friends that are, and probably members of every supportive group known (we are both educators, belong to GLSEN, Give a Damn, etc etc.)
If we are in the parks during Gay Days - I know the color worn is red - is there anything that we can wear that basically shows support? I think this is a wonderful event and saw some footage of the parties - (jealous!)
The most I have is a wonderful button I bought at our state fair booth - "straight but not narrow"
So if we are there - hope to see lots of people having a great time! Hugs to all!:hug:

I'll be down for my first ever visit to Gay Days.

Staying at Beach Club from May 28-June 6th. I'm at BLT for the 27th but hoping my wait list for BC opens up.

Scott

Officially booked as of today! BLT LV studio from May 30 - June 4!

You know I just gave up my studio at BLT for a studio at BCV. I wanted to try a different resort LOL.

After going this year to my first GD, I would like to go in the Fall 2012, possibly for GD Cali. Fall is a perfect time for me to go on vacation. :)

Still waiting for stupid vacation bids to know for sure if we'll be there. If all goes as planned we'll arrive 5/31 and stay until 6/9.

I'm local, so I try to do a mix of things I want to do and things other people want to do.

Thursday I'll be going to Phouse because they continue to give Disney the middle finger with "PI at PH" last year included hte PI explosion dancers, mannequins Phantom show, and much more!
Friday is kind of up in the air as usual. I'd like to do one of the pool parties or something.

Sat I'll definitely be at MK for the parade and such.
Sat night I'm not sure what I'll do, but it won't be ADH. Probably Pulse
Sun I'll definitely be at DATW at EPCOT. That has easily turned into one of my favorite events.

My head hurts just thinkin about all that alcohol lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter