Galveston 04/06/13 Caribbean Cruise

DCL limits the ages for the excursions, but booking through a private company is easy, less expensive, and the age requirements are more relaxed.

I've pretty much decided on Captain Marvin's for the stingray trip in Grand Cayman. I've heard too many mixed reviews of the turtle farm, and the granddaughter who will be almost 4 when we sail has seen youtube videos of the stingrays - she seems comfortable with it if she's in a life vest & with me right there. The other two are all over it! :goodvibes Capt Marvin's did a great job for us on the last trip, and their office is walking distance from the dock.

We're sticking with Chankannab National Park in Cozumel for the pool/snorkeling/sea lion & manatee shows). The dolphin encounter is great for the older kids, but 4 is too young (at least this 4 yr old!) to really get much out of it, and the older grands have already done the dolphin swim.

So happy to see all the new families joining the group! We're having a great time planning for the FE! Love the idea of splitting the cabins by location! I'm sure it will all work out great!

Mary - just saw this on our DIS Meet for 2014 cruise - could also split the FE by age groups - put families with younger kids together, etc. Just a thought. The ship is smaller compared to the Fantasy so location is not that difficult. Not sure what is easiest but saw that for the first time and wanted to throw it out there. :)

This is also our first cruise. We have 2 girls, just turned 6 2 weeks before we leave and 3. We're celebrating 6 yr olds birthday on board.

Birthdays are so fun we will be celebrating our 10 year olds birthday as well, his birthday is on the 5th of April :)

We may have to cancel our cruise. I was admitted to the hospital a week ago this past Sunday. I have had 3 surgeries in one week and received a diagnosis that no one wants to hear. Of course moron me didn't buy trip insurance so not really sure what we are going to do.

Sorry Ronnie hope things get better for you, we are praying for you and your family. Hope you get Feeling better quickly.

We may have to cancel our cruise. I was admitted to the hospital a week ago this past Sunday. I have had 3 surgeries in one week and received a diagnosis that no one wants to hear. Of course moron me didn't buy trip insurance so not really sure what we are going to do.

I so hope you get better soon. I'm sure Disney will do something to help i.e. rebook you on a later cruise if you aren't fit to travel. Get well soon.:flower3:

Twin 3 yr old girls. Anyone have any recommendations on excursions?

Hi, my husband and I are travelling with our son who will be over 3.5 years old when we travel (4 in June) and we were stuck with choosing excursions. Finally we decided on the Grand Cayman Duck boat tour and Cozumel Beach Break.

This is our first cruise and we are very very excited. Have a great cruise.

Sampirate::cool1:

We are on the cruise too!!!! So excited! Would Love to be a part of the fe. We are flying in from seattle the day before and staying a couple of extra days afterwards in galveston. It is myself, suzanne, husband Ted, and daughter Kyleigh who is 3 1/2. She is so excited for this cruise. We watch youtube videos all the time. We are in cabin 8046.

Let me know what I need to do!

We are on the cruise too!!!! So excited! Would Love to be a part of the fe. We are flying in from seattle the day before and staying a couple of extra days afterwards in galveston. It is myself, suzanne, husband Ted, and daughter Kyleigh who is 3 1/2. She is so excited for this cruise. We watch youtube videos all the time. We are in cabin 8046.

Let me know what I need to do!

We are flying in the day before too, from Phoenix. We are staying at the Hotel Galvez (or whatever the Disney hotel is there). We are in cabin 8044..so we are neighbors. :o) This is the first ever cruise for all of us and our kiddos have no idea that we are doing anything...we will tell them when we get to the ship. :o) We have a 6 yr old DD, a 4 yr old DD, and a soon to be 3 yr old DS.

I am so sorry to hear about your news! You are in our prayers. And like Mary said, please let us know if we can do anything at all!

We are excited too!!! Our friends are joining in too - I'll provide their info on a separate post. now to start planning! Have you built a spreadsheet to track? Some folks use posting 1 or 2 (edited) to list it out but you need to own that posting. I think last cruise the guy used Google Docs so everyone could view. So excited and not much time! 60 DAYS :joker:

I am more than happy to use google doc. I will continue to input everyone's info and provide the link soon. But I will not be able to let you know how we will split until the cutoff date, which is one more month. It will more than likely be by location. Thanks for the help and info. I appreciate all the help I can get! :)

mkymselover said:
We are flying in the day before too, from Phoenix. We are staying at the Hotel Galvez (or whatever the Disney hotel is there). We are in cabin 8044..so we are neighbors. :o) This is the first ever cruise for all of us and our kiddos have no idea that we are doing anything...we will tell them when we get to the ship. :o) We have a 6 yr old DD, a 4 yr old DD, and a soon to be 3 yr old DS.

Oh cool! Cant wait neighbor!!! Love the surprise idea!!! Cant wait to hear how it goes.

Mageemommy said:
Okay, If those who would like to participate would message me their disboard username, cabin number, the names and ages of those in your groups that are participating (or whatever you feel comfortable providing :)
Also you may want to include favorite disney characters and any allergies.
I will make a list and send to everyone.
Okay, here is where I need your input..
how far in advance should the deadline be to join (So I can the final list out to you all and we can start preparing)?
Are there any rules you all want to put in place?
I did see on another thread the group met briefly on the first night, so for the rest of the trip they had faces to place with the gifts received. Is this something you all would want to do?
Thanks SO much for working with me on this. I am all EARS!! :dumbo:
Mikka

My family and I are first time cruisers and would love to participate!
Vickie & Kris (my hubby and I)
Taylor (our girl who will be turning 7 on the cruise)
Andrew who is 5
Room# 7022

Just let us know what to do! :) thank you!!!!

I'm just putting this idea out there for anyone who might be interested. We used Capt. Marvin's last trip, and plan to do so again, but they do have private charters that are not that much more than their regular trips. Basically, a group of ten (we are already 4 so we just need 6 more) gets a private boat with 2 or 3 stop snorkeling tour that includes the stingray city sandbar for $600 ($60 per person) or $750, which includes a lunch from Subway on the boat. Here is the latest email I received answering some of my questions:

Hi Mary,
I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your tour with us in December!

Whether on a private charter or a regular tour with us, we always try to go to the least crowded areas for both the stingrays and for snorkeling. You are correct that a half-day (three-stop) charter with lunch is $750 for up to 10 people (it’s a box lunch from Subway—sandwich, drink and chips).

We have a shuttle bus to take you from our office near the cruise ship terminals to our private dock, and it’s about a 12-minute bus ride. I would be happy to waive the transportation fee if you decide to do either the three-stop charter with lunch or the three-stop without lunch. Thanks!
Ruth

If anyone is interested in doing such a trip, please send me a pm, and from there we can figure out how to handle payment, etc.

Capt. Marvin's cancellation policy: If for any reason your ship cannot stop here on its scheduled day, or arrives too late for you to take our tour, you will not be charged. If you need to cancel your reservation for personal reasons, please do so at least 24 hours in advance of the date of our tour in order that you are not charged. If your ship arrives on time and you do not show up for the tour, you will be charged.

I have a word doc that lays out the different tours offered if anyone is interested. The others are more expensive.

LMK!!

My family and I are first time cruisers and would love to participate!
Vickie & Kris (my hubby and I)
Taylor (our girl who will be turning 7 on the cruise)
Andrew who is 5
Room# 7022

Just let us know what to do! :) thank you!!!!

Hi Vickie! Welcome! I will put your family on the list for the FE. I am gonna try to make a google doc of all the families and provide the link soon. So happy to have you join us! Btw, we are gonna be neighbors. My son and I are in Cabin 7016 just a few doors down! How cool. :yay:

This will by my husbands, my 4 year old sons, my 17 year old cousins and myself's very first cruise!! We are excited to learn all that we can before we leave.

Just wondering if you have added us to the list and where I can see everyone else doing the Fish Extender Exchange....

Mageemommy said:
Hi Vickie! Welcome! I will put your family on the list for the FE. I am gonna try to make a google doc of all the families and provide the link soon. So happy to have you join us! Btw, we are gonna be neighbors. My son and I are in Cabin 7016 just a few doors down! How cool. :yay:

We are in cabin 7003!!

Just wondering if you have added us to the list and where I can see everyone else doing the Fish Extender Exchange....

I would love to add you guys to the FE list! I will try and post a updated list tonight or tomorrow with those we have added in the past few days. And if I can figure out google doc (as I am a nurse and am not the brightest when it comes to computers:rotfl: ) I will try and input everyone info on that and post the link.
We will be probably be splitting the FE based on location. So if you know your cabin number you can start to prepare for those close to you.

We are excited you guys are sailing with us! Can't Wait to meet you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter