Galveston 04/06/13 Caribbean Cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by ryleigh'smom2004, Jan 7, 2013.

1. texfinn

texfinn DIS Veteran

I think you will be ok. I sailed last May with my two kids (no DH) but I did link my dinner reservation with other friends I met from the DIS on the first cruise I took. I am pretty sure they will sit you with other single parents/grandparents sailing solo with kids. I was nervous sailing without my DH but in the end, was really nice. No stress in having to figure out what he wanted to do - it was all my choice, my decision. I really enjoyed it!

is there an FE list already? I might have missed the link reading through previous posts.

Thanks! found some other ideas.

We went to Stingray City in 2009 - I think with Capt Marvin. Was a GREAT tour! I think I did it with DCL and only took my DD who was 7 at the time. She was scared at first and then once she got in the water, got over it quickly. I was tempted to do that again but both kids want to swim with the dolphins so leaning towards that in GC.

I stayed in an inside room last year with both kids. I loved that it forced me to get out and enjoy the ship. It was a bit cramped (me and 2 kids, one of which is a preteen girl) but manageable and would do it again if the price was right.

The first time we sailed, DS was 4 and DD was 7. We had a verandah and no problems. The deck is high, just be mindful not to leave the door unlocked when you aren't out there. the locks are very tricky (even for adults) so no chance the 3.5 yr old would figure it out. We are booked in a verandah and am looking forward to the morning coffee (and evening glass of wine) out there!

Need to look into Chankannab Park - seems like a popular option!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. threeprincessesmom

threeprincessesmom Earning My Ears

Thanks Mikka! I just found out our room number is 8562:)
    Kara

4. threeprincessesmom

threeprincessesmom Earning My Ears

I know the Hotel Galvez and the Hilton have shuttle service, both very nice:)

5. mawhite424

mawhite424 Mouseketeer

My kinda girl. :rotfl: Love my coffee AND my wine on the verandah!

Mikka (mageemommy) is the keeper of the FE list. She has so kindly agreed to organize the FE!! Yay Mikka!!! :thumbsup2

6. Taysmimi

Taysmimi Finished Cruise of a Lifetime on Magic now ready f

Mageemommy

Could not private message you. My dyslexia must have popped up, we are in 7612, 7614, and 7616.

BTW...I can not wait for my first cup of coffee on the veranda!

7. Mageemommy

Mageemommy Mouseketeer

Thanks.. I need to make a reservation. hahaha....I am a bit behind:rolleyes1 But I am getting excited!

8. Mageemommy

Mageemommy Mouseketeer

Sounds like me! :rotfl2: No worries though, I got your correct cabins down! I am looking forward to coffee on the veranda as well. It is going to be so peaceful.

9. Mageemommy

Mageemommy Mouseketeer

Texfinn,
    We would love to have you a part of the FE. Just pm or post the names and ages of those in your cabin and your cabin number if you have it. I will add you to the list! I will post updated lists as we get closer to our sail date. We will divide up the group to keep it stress free and fun for everyone (and to make sure we all don't have to bring 5 extra suitcases!!) Let me know.

10. tictoc

tictoc Mouseketeer

This is a great option for a park and cruise hotel.

11. Mageemommy

Mageemommy Mouseketeer

Ok guys. We have a little over 2 months! :jumping1: Here is the updated list that I have gotten so far. Look it over and make sure it is correct for everyone in your cabin. If there is anything at all you would like to add, please let me know. I will post updated list every few weeks.

Ryleigh'smom2004- Liz
    Husband- Mike
    Ryleigh (Girl)-9
    Cohen (Boy)-2
    Grandma- Lauren
    Cabin-2083

Mawhite424 -Mary
    Sam-11
    Jonas (Boy)-8
    Stella-3, almost 4

Okstategrads -Kim
    Husband- Craig
    Kathryn(Girl)-8
    Carson (Boy)-7
    Cabin-7003

Klayresmom- Cristin
    Husband-Bryon
    Klayre(Girl)-10

Mageemommy- Mikka (loves mary poppins)
    Jude(Boy)-7 (celebrating 8th bday, loves pirates of caribbean, mickey)
    Cabin-7016 (we had a cabin change)

reneaterry- Renea
    Husband- Wesley
    Chloe (girl)-6
    Riley (girl)-3
    Cabin-7558

Ronniegintx- Ronnie
    Husband- Donald
    Kari (Girl)-15
    Genna (Girl)-8

Mkymselover- Amy (loves Mickey Mouse)
    Husband-Greg
    Olivia (Girl)-6 (loves stitch and bambi)
    Ashlyn (Girl)-4 ( loves princesses and minnie)
    Broderick (Boy) 2/almost 3 (mater and lightning mcqueen)
    Cabin-8044

Threeprincessesmom-Kara (belle and mary poppins)
    Husband-Scott (pirates of the caribbean, tiger, pooh)
    Emma (Girl)-13 ( pirates of the caribbean, belle and pocahontas)
    Sophie (girl)-10 (tianna)
    Arrie(girl)-6 (celebrating her bday, tinkerbell, cinderella, rapunzel)
    Cabin- 8562

Taysmimi-Sue/Mimi (First Disney experience)
    Husband-David/Papa (First Disney experience)
    Douglas/uncle uggie-(20) (First Disney cruise)
    Cabin-7616

Cabin 7614:
    David Jr. (Taylor’s Dad)
    Sam (Taylor’s Mom)

Cabin 7612:
    Sandy/Umma
    Amanda/Nana
    Princess Taylor-4-(first cruise)

Nishijb-names tba 2 cabins
    DW
    DD
    DD
    DS
    Granparents x2

As of now...
    Adults-28
    Children-22
    Cabins-14

I know this is starting to be a lot of cabins. We will be splitting the group up. Anyone have ideas on how? Or those that have done this before, what worked out best for you?
    And I looked over this thread a ton, but IF I forgot anyone on the list, please don't take it personal, this first timer is figuring it out as she goes..:rotfl: Just let me know.

Also I know some of you are still thinking about it. Let me know when you want in. :)
    Talk to you all soon. HAPPY FRIDAY!!! :woohoo:
    Mikka

12. mawhite424

mawhite424 Mouseketeer

I will get this right eventually ;) . Jonas will be 9 when we sail.

Not sure how to split the cabins. Maybe try to split the number of cabins and try to keep the peeps about even? We still have a month to go - I'll bet we get at least a few more. I know you'll handle it perfectly, Mikka! :thumbsup2

13. texfinn

texfinn DIS Veteran

We are IN with the FE exchange! :cool1:

Still waiting to hear from our friends but will have an answer by Tuesday.

Here are our details:

Cabin 7544
    Me - Mati - Love Tigger, Eeyore and Tink
    DH - Yoni
    DD - Sabrina (11) - Loves Mickey and Minnie
    DS - Kai (8 - boy) - Loves Star Wars and Goofy

This will be the third FE exchange we have participated in. The first, on the Magic, we didnt split. The second had almost 40 cabins and was split with the groupings done by cabin location - somehow the numbers worked out.

I will go back through the thread but wondering, did we set any kind of expectations on this? 1 gift per cabin, 1 per person? typically this is left up to the person giving but not sure if we set something up yet.

I can't wait! 61 more days!!!!!

Thanks,
    Mati

14. Mageemommy

Mageemommy Mouseketeer

I am glad you guys are participating! I am getting excited also. I did not set any rules, as is, 1 gift per cabin or stateroom. I just feel it should be up to the giver to give what feel is best. We will all have fun and enjoy ourselves!:yay:

15. dramadeb

dramadeb Earning My Ears

We're cruising on April 6th too! Me, my husband, and 2 daughters - first time for any kind of cruise - very excited!!

16. Taysmimi

Taysmimi Finished Cruise of a Lifetime on Magic now ready f

Welcome...we are going on first cruise also. We are traveling with granddaughter and other family members. What is the age of your girls? My goddaughter is 4.

17. reneaterry

reneaterry Mouseketeer

This is also our first cruise. We have 2 girls, just turned 6 2 weeks before we leave and 3. We're celebrating 6 yr olds birthday on board.

18. DocMcMommy

DocMcMommy Earning My Ears

Twin 3 yr old girls. Anyone have any recommendations on excursions?

19. ronniegintx

ronniegintx Earning My Ears

We may have to cancel our cruise. I was admitted to the hospital a week ago this past Sunday. I have had 3 surgeries in one week and received a diagnosis that no one wants to hear. Of course moron me didn't buy trip insurance so not really sure what we are going to do.

20. texfinn

texfinn DIS Veteran

We are excited too!!! Our friends are joining in too - I'll provide their info on a separate post. now to start planning! Have you built a spreadsheet to track? Some folks use posting 1 or 2 (edited) to list it out but you need to own that posting. I think last cruise the guy used Google Docs so everyone could view. So excited and not much time! 60 DAYS :joker:

Welcome!!! :banana::banana: How old are your girls? My DD is 11 - will be in the Edge. :scared1:

Glad you could join us!!!! :cool1::cool1:

How exciting! Birthdays are fun on the ship. Welcome to the cruise meet! :goodvibes

Not sure with 3 year olds but can say, have done the Stingray City with Turtle Farm tour and LOVED it. Just not sure if the kids have to be older. I went with my daughter at the time - not my son - she was 7.

Oh this is terrible news. :worried: I hope you are ok. Of course I hope you can still join us but really sad that things are not going well for you. Take care and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

21. mawhite424

mawhite424 Mouseketeer

Ronnie, I am so sorry to hear this. Maybe a cruise will do you some good? Is there anything we can do to help? Don't hesitate to ask. Pm if you need some moral support.