Funny Gay Day 2009 Experiences

:eek:

:rotfl2:

Oh, that was funny!

I like you!

You can stay!

:worship:

Of course she can stay! :-)hug:).....but she'll soon learn you're a trouble maker...a king mixer...a rogue.....
and I'm an innocent bystander :rolleyes1

Of course she can stay! :-)hug:).....but she'll soon learn you're a trouble maker...a king mixer...a rogue.....
and I'm an innocent bystander :rolleyes1

You may be a bystander, but you are NOT innocent!

So I am finally getting to posting pics now...and...we (turkygurl) were discussing how funny it was that there were maybe 5 or 6 different cameras in our group. Well....we have set up a photobucket page that we have posted our pictures to. But to make it a little different, we're going to make this a "pot-luck" affair. We posted ours, now post yours! The login is : wdwgd2009
password: wdwgd2009

Here is the link: http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/uu230/wdwgd2009/

We had so much fun meeting up with folks from years past, and making great new friends. It's late and I'll think of more tomorrow, but the one thing that comes to mind now is that...30 minutes from now, Atlantic Dance Hall could be playing "YMCA" followed by "It's Raining Men"!! (shoutout to 8Trax!!)

So I am finally getting to posting pics now...and...we (turkygurl) were discussing how funny it was that there were maybe 5 or 6 different cameras in our group. Well....we have set up a photobucket page that we have posted our pictures to. But to make it a little different, we're going to make this a "pot-luck" affair. We posted ours, now post yours! The login is : wdwgd2009
password: wdwgd2009

Here is the link: http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/uu230/wdwgd2009/

We had so much fun meeting up with folks from years past, and making great new friends. It's late and I'll think of more tomorrow, but the one thing that comes to mind now is that...30 minutes from now, Atlantic Dance Hall could be playing "YMCA" followed by "It's Raining Men"!! (shoutout to 8Trax!!)

I just looked at your pictures.

OMG! You guys were hanging out with Sean from Arkasas at Epcot? We love him! This is the first year in a while that he hasn't stayed at our house for GayDays!

I just looked at your pictures.

OMG! You guys were hanging out with Sean from Arkasas at Epcot? We love him! This is the first year in a while that he hasn't stayed at our house for GayDays!

YES!! We picked them up in China during our drink around the world on Sunday. It took about an hour for us to realize they knew you guys...how cool?!?!

and yes...we missed you!!!

YES!! We picked them up in China during our drink around the world on Sunday. It took about an hour to realize they knew you guys...how cool?!?!

and yes...we missed you!!!

We would have loved to join in, as Epcot is my favorite park. But I had to work, and it was Scott's final performance in Li'l Abner. So either way we weren't gonna make it.

Sean is a great guy! We don't know his friend Robert quite as well. Too bad Sean's partner Eric couldn't make it this year. His dry sense of humor is a hilarious counterpoint to Sean's personality.

I think I'd have to say my favorite experience was Country Bear Jamboree. I especially loved when everyone sang along to "All the guys that turn me on turn me down."

I think my favorite shirt on Saturday was actually Zulemara's!! Another good one was one Turkygurl had mentioned and then I later saw. It said "May I suggest the sausage?" With an arrow pointing down!! On Friday at DHS I saw some people with white shirts with a rainbow stormtrooper helmet. I thought that was a great way to tie both Star Wars weekend and Gay Days together.

My partner and I went to Gay Days for the first time this year and had the time of our lives....

We're DVC members and can't wait for 07/02 to roll around when we can book rooms for next year.

One CM we were talking with who said she can never wait for Gay Days as people are so much nicer than the rest of the year- especially the Christmas crowds.

We were plesantly surprised by the lack of overt face sucking.... from some of the comments on this and other boards we were afraid we'd see PDA's rivaling those from the teenage Brazilian tour groups...

We headed in to CBJ as they skies opened up at noon with HUNDREDS of bears...needless to say CBJ will never be the same for me.

Literally 90% of the room was in red- directly in front of me was a straight couple (he had buzz cut and go-t with a harley shirt) and a little girl - THEY HAD A BLAST....

I'm sure this little girl will be really disappointed the next time she goes to CBJ without all the people singing and clapping...

The parade blew me away- bigger grins than usual on CM's faces and I loved being part of the sea of red following the parade up Main Street

Can't wait for next year!

XX

I dont mean to steer off topic, but did anyone else feel as though there were not as many at MK this year? I just dont recall seeing the "sea of red shirts" as in the past. A few of us were talking and found it rather odd that WDW moved their FL Seasonal AP blackout dates to cover this past weekend. I know many who did not go to MK on Saturday because their pass was in the black-out days.

It did seem like the crowds were down this year and last year from previous years. Not sure about the Seasonal AP thing because all of our local friends have a full AP, so it's not an issue. I do know that several of our out of town friends didn't make the trip this year due to economic reasons.

Hope you don't mind another straight jumping in here. My wife and I took our kids to WDW for the first time last week, and while we didn't go out of our way to avoid the "designated" parks during Gay Days, coincidentally we always seemed to be wherever the red shirts weren't. Nevertheless, while observing some of the performers in the Celebration parade on Monday, my wife commented, "If you're part of the parade, it looks like every day is Gay Day at Magic Kingdom!"

Hope you don't mind another straight jumping in here. My wife and I took our kids to WDW for the first time last week, and while we didn't go out of our way to avoid the "designated" parks during Gay Days, coincidentally we always seemed to be wherever the red shirts weren't. Nevertheless, while observing some of the performers in the Celebration parade on Monday, my wife commented, "If you're part of the parade, it looks like every day is Gay Day at Magic Kingdom!"

:rotfl:

How many straight Disney entertainers does it take to change a light bulb?

both of them! :banana:

We had a blast but no outstanding stories this year. It was all pretty tame. My favorite shirt was the "Drink your juice, Shelby". You can see it in my photos below.

GayDays 2009 Photos

How many straight Disney entertainers does it take to change a light bulb?

both of them! :banana:

We had a blast but no outstanding stories this year. It was all pretty tame. My favorite shirt was the "Drink your juice, Shelby". You can see it in my photos below.

GayDays 2009 Photos

Hey, I know Aron! If you were hanging out with him all day, then I saw you guys walk by while we were getting Dole Whips!

You also had a pic of my friend Tim!

Yep, we are good friends with Aron. We might have met you at one of the Second Saturday Socials. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter