Funny Gay Day 2009 Experiences

Discussion in 'Gay and Lesbian at Disney' started by unfreshdiva1, Jun 6, 2009.

1. taylor3297

taylor3297 DIS Veteran

Fruit fly, I like the sound of that. I am going to have to email that one to him.

Anymore great shirts?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rpmdfw

rpmdfw <font color=red>I feel similarly about the cha-cha

And now a picture of us getting our twirl on:

[​IMG]

And our tradition. We never visit the Magic Kingdom without dropping coins in the wishing well as a thank you for a wish that came true once upon a time . . .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. PghLybrt

PghLybrt DIS Veteran

I love the shirts!! :thumbsup2

5. MariDisney

MariDisney Queen of the World

This sounds like extremely good advice.

6. rpmdfw

You have NO idea!

:rotfl2:

7. BayouMickey

BayouMickey Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Hi! Me and the wife were at MK Sat and I have to say it was one of our best trips to MK. We sat with many red shirts on the rides, and it was a blast how they basically get you into the fun wether you liked it or not (we did). We also met the most awesome couple in the GF lobby and we must've stood there for over an hour just chatting. And I'll fully say as a straight married male, i'd definately would consider going this time of year again. As my wife Hotrod said "red rocks!" Tanks guys/gals we had fun!

8. inkkognito

inkkognito <font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon

Okay, so where the heck were all these great shirt?! Shirt spotting is one of my favorite pasttimes at Gay Days. DH wears his red Mr. Incredible shirt and I wear my rainbow Straight But Not Narrow shirt, and we love to wander around looking for clever ones. We saw none...yes, NONE!...this year. Just the standard red official Gay Days shirt. I was very disappointed. Not sure how we missed the good ones...we arrived at opening and stuck around till 1ish when the rain came.

9. BayouMickey

BayouMickey Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

One of my favorites was the "Zippity Gay" ones

10. MariDisney

MariDisney Queen of the World

I've only been on this board for an hour and I somehow feel like my virtue is being threatened. :rotfl2:

11. rpmdfw

Okay, now for my humorous anecdote.

Those of you who were around last year might remember that because Scott and I were wearing the Top Hat Groom Mickey Ears at last years Gay Day we were stopped by some folks doing a podcast who were looking to give a Target gift card to the first groom/groom or bride/bride couple they saw, we were on their podcast. (Here's the link to the post from last year: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25576002&postcount=343)

Well, those same folks were there again this year, and they were hanging out with our very own diser Q_Cast Michael again this year (Hi, Michael!!) and they stalked us from Buzz Light Year over to the Carousel of Progress where they actually recognized us from last year even though we weren't wearing the top hats this year. We thought this was very cool.

At any rate, that entire group turned out to be very witty and watching the Carousel of Progress with their running commentary was hilarious.

And then when we got to this part of the script in the second scene:

With that line, the entire audience just roared with laughter. None of us had ever quite thought of the COP in that way before, but it was the highlight of our day.

As Mikelan6 mentioned we ran into him and rode BTMRR with him. We also saw Turkygurl and Jaxpiper from a distance but weren't able to get their attention.

Overall it was a great day!

12. rpmdfw

I'm not sure. Our friend Sharon would just run off and then come back saying she had to catch so and so to get a picture of thier shirt. LOL

We always see a lot of the funniest ones waiting for the CBJ at 1pm with the bears.

I didn't see that one! What was it?

Oh, and welcome to the GLBT forum! :thumbsup2

Not your virtue, your eyesight! Rosie is always taking off her clothes! Nobody wants to see that! :lmao:

And welcome to you as well!

13. ConcKahuna

ConcKahuna <font color=darkorchid>Corn was on sale, 10 ears f

My manager and his friends were wearing this shirt! He's big on helping out over at Joy MCC.

14. rpmdfw

We saw several of them yesterday. I think they're really smart.

And probably much better than the one I wanted to get: "WWJD . . . . for a Klondike Bar?" :rotfl2:

15. rosiep

rosiep <font color=deeppink>I don't drink, I try to conve

Party Pooper! :mad:

16. sirJeffrey90

sirJeffrey90 Mouseketeer

If it were possible to die from laughing this would have done it! HAHA!!!!!

17. NHdisneylover

NHdisneylover DIS Veteran

Great stories:goodvibes and Rob--love the shirt photos:thumbsup2

18. unfreshdiva1

unfreshdiva1 DIS Veteran

My shirt was boring - red WDW shirt. Fact I was wearing Mickey Ears with my name in back got more attention!:goodvibes

19. ConcKahuna

ConcKahuna <font color=darkorchid>Corn was on sale, 10 ears f

I had a plain red shirt on Saturday, although on Sunday for Epcot I found my "Scream Like a Girl" shirt from Expidition Everest :rotfl2:

20. inkkognito

inkkognito <font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon

We actually had a bit of a funny experience going back to TTC on the ferryboat after we bailed due to the rain. A woman came up to DH, who was wearing his Mr. Incredible shirt (we had noticed several others wearing the same shirt while in the park). She said, "Where did you get that? I would love to get one. I saw so many people wearing it today!" She had no idea why, just thought it was a total coincidence...guess she didn't realize the predominance of red overall.

We did see guys on Main Street wearing rainbow angel wings...pretty cool.

21. TJM1976

TJM1976 DIS Veteran

I dont mean to steer off topic, but did anyone else feel as though there were not as many at MK this year? I just dont recall seeing the "sea of red shirts" as in the past. A few of us were talking and found it rather odd that WDW moved their FL Seasonal AP blackout dates to cover this past weekend. I know many who did not go to MK on Saturday because their pass was in the black-out days.