• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

funniest moments!

Back when dd was 4 years old we went to Who Wants to Be a Millionaire in CA Adventure. She was wearing her tinker bell costume and as cute as a button. Being very serious she told me she wanted to go up front and asked what letters to push on the keypad. Frustrated and distracted I told her to "just press ABCD" to which she proceed to WIN the hot-seat with that combination! What are the odds. Even better was that my dh actually knew the answer and was on the board in second place!

They ate her up in as a contestant and invited her back for pictures later in the day. BUT, my favorite part was when she lost her 'hot-seat' and had to leave and she was all grins and tugging on me and whispering as we left she told me, "Mommy that seat wasn't even hot!". I still grin to this day over that one.:love:

Our funniest moment was on our first trip, in 2010. We had just spent the day in AK and my wife and I were chilling out in my MIL and FIL's room (had connecting rooms) and my MIL was flipping through pictures on her phone that she took that day. So as she's looking through the pictures of Kilimanjaro Safari, she says, totally seriously "You know those animals are all fake, right?" We all look at her with weird looks like, "Did you just say what I think you just said?". :eek::confused::crazy2: So she repeats it (all seriously). At that point we BUST out laughing! :rotfl:

She seriously thought they were fake! On the ride, there was some sort of deer standing on the side of the rode, and as we drove by, it didn't move. That had her thinking that the animals must all be fake if they wouldn't move when we were that close to it as we drove by.

We still laugh about it today. :lmao::lmao:

Dan

My MIL upon looking at our pics from our stay at AKL last year proclaimed, "those animals sure look life-like!".

Last August me and my adult daughter were at MK and for some reason I could not find the Pirate ride. We ended up near Frontier land and were looking at the map when I felt we were not alone. I looked up and let out a scream of surprise as Clarabelle the cow was nose to nose with me. My yelp made my daughter scream too. The handler was nearly doubled over with laughter and I bet the cow was cracking up too! The handler said that Clarabelle thought she could help us with the map!

I still crack up thinking about it!

I think I've posted this before but it's too funny not to share again!

I went to WDW in May of 2011 with two friends. My friends were not big Disney fans (it was a trip for them to say that they had been to Disney once in their lives). So I ended up at DHS by myself one evening. It was the most crowded I have ever seen (I've only gone at slow times) with a lot of cheerleader groups running around. I had just waited an hour in the single rider line for RnR and was trying to get a quick bite to eat at the Farmer's Market before catching the first Fantasmic show. There was standing room only in the seating area so a lot of people were sitting on curbs and walls to eat. I ended up on a curb next to a garbage can trying to balance my tray on my lap. A group of cheerleaders were sitting on a wall with trees behind them and a very brave squirrel came down a tree and stole an entire hamburger from one of the girls plates! Needless to say, that got the girls screaming like crazy. :rotfl: Watching the squirrel climb back up the tree with that big hamburger had me in tears!

I think I've posted this before but it's too funny not to share again!

I went to WDW in May of 2011 with two friends. My friends were not big Disney fans (it was a trip for them to say that they had been to Disney once in their lives). So I ended up at DHS by myself one evening. It was the most crowded I have ever seen (I've only gone at slow times) with a lot of cheerleader groups running around. I had just waited an hour in the single rider line for RnR and was trying to get a quick bite to eat at the Farmer's Market before catching the first Fantasmic show. There was standing room only in the seating area so a lot of people were sitting on curbs and walls to eat. I ended up on a curb next to a garbage can trying to balance my tray on my lap. A group of cheerleaders were sitting on a wall with trees behind them and a very brave squirrel came down a tree and stole an entire hamburger from one of the girls plates! Needless to say, that got the girls screaming like crazy. :rotfl: Watching the squirrel climb back up the tree with that big hamburger had me in tears!

I posted this on another funniest thread a couple of years ago, but...
We were having dinner on the outside deck at Rose and Crown in Epcot, and saw a squirrel steak a STEAK from another diner's plate.
The funniest part was, the waitress wasn't all that surprised, though she was a bit appalled, because she KNEW the squirrel.
He was known to the staff there as "Cheeky Brian." LOL
They said his wife's name was Linda. :lmao:

WishingMom said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phatoomch

We had many funny moments at Disney but one of the funniest occured just after our trip.

We used photopass and got a free photo album to design ourselves online .... you could totally personalise it and in ours, I wrote the story of our trip. What a great memento!

When it arrived in the mail, I was so excited.

I read through, about our arrival, checking into our resort - All Star Movies - and how my daughter was so happy to be in the Toy Story building overlooking Andy's room .... for which I wrote "Waking up to a giant Woody each morning was awesome ...."

Yep, in ink, for everyone to read

Hilarious

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Thank you everyone! All your stories have made my day a little brighter. :goodvibes

I'm loving these stories!

We were in AK and just got off Kali. It was September, so very hot. My Dad walked over to our stroller where he left his water, and drank almost all of it. Then he realized it wasn't our stroller.....:eek:

Years ago in Epcot, they used to have flamingos at the entrance to World Showcase, not too far from first aid. They have since been moved to AK. Anyhoo, we were watching them, and my DM said they were not real. I was arguing with her, saying they were alive, and she said "No, they are fake. You can see the battery up that birds butt".

I posted this on another funniest thread a couple of years ago, but...
We were having dinner on the outside deck at Rose and Crown in Epcot, and saw a squirrel steak a STEAK from another diner's plate.
The funniest part was, the waitress wasn't all that surprised, though she was a bit appalled, because she KNEW the squirrel.
He was known to the staff there as "Cheeky Brian." LOL
They said his wife's name was Linda. :lmao:

I always thought squirrels were vegetarians. Now im going to have nightmares of man eating squirrels, lol.

There are so many funny things to choose from. Oddly enough most thanks to my DD who is now 15. On her first trip we stayed at GF and the maid had come in for turndown and left a chocolate wrapped in gold foil, DD gets to the room and says "look mome, the maid left us butter"! Same trip my DH has to go to the restroom (which sometime's takes a while) We wait patiently and he finally comes out and my mother says' "Doofus (affectionately and out of his earshot) is coming," to which DD runs up to her dad and says, "Daddy Daddy, get my autograph book, Doofus is coming!" We laughed so hard we were crying. Another trip I was 8 months pregnant and DH and my DB went to Planet Hollywood for Dinner. On the bus back to our hotel, my husband starts making cat meow noises(which he is famous for) and two guys who had obviously been drinking, start looking all over the bus for a cat....he proceeds to continue egging them on and one says to the other" Who let a cat on this bus, must have come from Animal Kingdom!" I laughed so hard, I almost wet my pants. The three of us still laugh about that bus ride to this day!:rotfl:

Same trip my DH has to go to the restroom (which sometime's takes a while) We wait patiently and he finally comes out and my mother says' "Doofus (affectionately and out of his earshot) is coming," to which DD runs up to her dad and says, "Daddy Daddy, get my autograph book, Doofus is coming!" We laughed so hard we were crying.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: OMG that made me laugh so hard. I've been known to call my darling DH 'Doofus' on more than one occasion. :rotfl2:

Our first trip by son was two turnin three. For his birthday dinner we went to Chef Mickey's. My son was overtired and overstimulated and he earned a time out durin his b-day dinner (I can't remember why...but I ave the warning and then had to follow-through!);)

We went to the "lobby" area and he was in a corner of sort for his time out. Just a few seconds into it Donald came up and tapped him on the shoulder with his arms outstretched. While this is not a proud moment, I looked at Donald and said, "Donald, he is in a time out."

Donald looked hopeless for a moment while my brain caught up to the moment. I smiled and ave him the "oh go ahead" sign to which Donald gave my son quite the scolding (all in fun!)

To this day we say Donald saved the birthday :wizard:

1) My Dad loved Disney, although due to my Mom's health issues, never visited WDW until after she passed away and he retired. They never did much traveling, so he was always in complete awe the handful of times we took him to WDW. On my Dad's second trip to WDW in 2000, AK had just opened recently, so it was our (my DH and myself) first visit as well. We had just rode the Safari and started to deboard. My Dad tried VERY hard to tip the driver! OMG! I was so embarrassed, and was trying to guide him off the ride. The CMs all thought it was SO funny!

2) In 2009, I was in Anaheim for a work conference, and was touring Disneyland one evening with a group of 4 co-workers. We got onto Star Tours, and the ride broke down. We sat in the vehicle for about 20 minutes or so, then they decided to have us exit and stand outside while they tested it. We waited another 15 or so. There were some kids getting antsy in the row in front of us. One of my co-workers started doing his impression of Chewbacca, which is dead-on. He started talking to the kids, and had them totally convinced that he was the cousin of Chewbacca, and that he had to have daily shaves to keep the hair off. He went on and on, the stories getting more and more outrageous. My co-workers, myself, the parents and even the CMs were all laughing so hard, we were crying! After our ride, a little boy turned to us as we were deboarding and told us to have a safe trip home, since it was so far away!

Our first trip by son was two turnin three. For his birthday dinner we went to Chef Mickey's. My son was overtired and overstimulated and he earned a time out durin his b-day dinner (I can't remember why...but I ave the warning and then had to follow-through!);)

We went to the "lobby" area and he was in a corner of sort for his time out. Just a few seconds into it Donald came up and tapped him on the shoulder with his arms outstretched. While this is not a proud moment, I looked at Donald and said, "Donald, he is in a time out."

Donald looked hopeless for a moment while my brain caught up to the moment. I smiled and ave him the "oh go ahead" sign to which Donald gave my son quite the scolding (all in fun!)

To this day we say Donald saved the birthday :wizard:

cute story!!!:lmao:

Some of our family's funniest moments have come from things other people say in the park. For instance, one day we were standing by Snow White's ride. We had someone ask us, "Do you know if we walk through the castle will you get to the other side?' Another time we were walking through the FASTPASS at TSM and someone asked my daughter, "Are you going through the exit?' My all-time favorite occurred in Hollywood Studios. A family walked by the Moster Inc. Meet and Greet and we overhead, "Look< It's Shrek!" We just laughed and went on. All of these just makes the days in the park so much fun.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I LOVE THIS!!!!!! If i heard that I don't think I could stop laughing!!! - I think thats probably one of the best stories I've read on this thread!!!! Thanks again!! :wizard:

Many yeas back, everyone was filing out of the MK after Wishes.

It had been an extremely hot August day. Iirc, it was 102 and so humid you wanted to die. What a miserable day.

It was still hot after Wishes.

One of the kids manning the exits was exclaiming, "Everybody's so happy! Everybody is SO HAPPY! Everyone - (points at me) Smiliiiiiiing! Oh, everyone so HAPPY!"

It was funny because everyone was slugging out of there so whipped and tired and miserable.

But the thing that made it REALLY funny was that he wasn't doing it in a condescending or sarcastic way. He was saying this stuff like it was true and like it filled him with such exuberant joy that the thrill had to be expressed. He was bursting with good cheer like Scrooge at the end of A Christmas Carol. Could have been on Broadway, that kid.

We were too tired to acknowledge it. I don't think I even smiled.

But we talked about it back in the room...

Maybe you had to be there. :blush:

There are so many funny things to choose from. Oddly enough most thanks to my DD who is now 15. On her first trip we stayed at GF and the maid had come in for turndown and left a chocolate wrapped in gold foil, DD gets to the room and says "look mome, the maid left us butter"! Same trip my DH has to go to the restroom (which sometime's takes a while) We wait patiently and he finally comes out and my mother says' "Doofus (affectionately and out of his earshot) is coming," to which DD runs up to her dad and says, "Daddy Daddy, get my autograph book, Doofus is coming!" We laughed so hard we were crying. Another trip I was 8 months pregnant and DH and my DB went to Planet Hollywood for Dinner. On the bus back to our hotel, my husband starts making cat meow noises(which he is famous for) and two guys who had obviously been drinking, start looking all over the bus for a cat....he proceeds to continue egging them on and one says to the other" Who let a cat on this bus, must have come from Animal Kingdom!" I laughed so hard, I almost wet my pants. The three of us still laugh about that bus ride to this day!:rotfl:

Love this one also!!! Gave me a great laugh at 2am!!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter