From China to Wine & Dine- A Nov 2013 'First' PTR (Trip Report Link)

You are too funny...and probably not trying to be! ;)

I think you should look at the half just like you did the mud run. Have fun with it! I was going to ask if you have someone to run with you, and then saw your SIL is, I think you should focus on costumes, pictures, and just having fun! You have come this far and finishing (which you WILL DO) is what matters, who cares about time at a Disney race?? No one, that's who! :goodvibes

Yay for Dessert Party! We loved it and I think we'll do it again on our last night in Feb. as well. :thumbsup2

You are too funny...and probably not trying to be! ;)

I think you should look at the half just like you did the mud run. Have fun with it! I was going to ask if you have someone to run with you, and then saw your SIL is, I think you should focus on costumes, pictures, and just having fun! You have come this far and finishing (which you WILL DO) is what matters, who cares about time at a Disney race?? No one, that's who! :goodvibes

Yay for Dessert Party! We loved it and I think we'll do it again on our last night in Feb. as well. :thumbsup2

Karen, that is a great idea- I think I WILL focus on the costumes and pictures and having fun. I just need to tell myself I know I can walk if if I need to... it's my own stubborness of me wanting to prove I can do a 13.1 mile race & finding that I can't... that's getting me!!!!

I am VERY excited abou tthe Dessert party! :)

I have to applaud you for switching your training focus and really listening to your body and heart about your desire/ability to do what you set out. I've yet to complete a successful 1/2 and who knows if I ever will...maybe it's just not in the cards, but as long as I'm healthy and in shape, it's pretty much all good!

Can you believe the date is so quickly approaching?! I loved your tribute to your daughter and the minion cupcakes...how cute!

That mud run looks FUN! And I think focusing on the fun aspects of this race is a good idea as well. :thumbsup2

Once in a while Karen will say or write something that tempts me to try running and then I see read your PTR and I know that I'd feel the same way. :rotfl:

As for other people trying to decide if they're coming I think I'd make the reservations for the largest party you might have- it will be much easier to remove people from an ADR than to add more later. I know some on the DIS might not be okay with that advice but I'm not suggesting you double up on ADRs or anything like, just plan for YOUR trip that is a bit up in the air right now. :)

I have to applaud you for switching your training focus and really listening to your body and heart about your desire/ability to do what you set out. I've yet to complete a successful 1/2 and who knows if I ever will...maybe it's just not in the cards, but as long as I'm healthy and in shape, it's pretty much all good!

Can you believe the date is so quickly approaching?! I loved your tribute to your daughter and the minion cupcakes...how cute!

I actually just purchased the New York City ballet workout- (which, subsequently, you would laugh if you saw how UNGRACEFUL I am just walking- let alone attempting ballet) BUT my hope is it will be something I ENJOY doing while getting cardio. As I've yet to find any I really like!

On a side note- I DID get through my longest run to date this morning- 7.1miles! Go me. (I won't mention my snail's pace in accomplishing that!)

That mud run looks FUN! And I think focusing on the fun aspects of this race is a good idea as well. :thumbsup2

Once in a while Karen will say or write something that tempts me to try running and then I see read your PTR and I know that I'd feel the same way. :rotfl:

As for other people trying to decide if they're coming I think I'd make the reservations for the largest party you might have- it will be much easier to remove people from an ADR than to add more later. I know some on the DIS might not be okay with that advice but I'm not suggesting you double up on ADRs or anything like, just plan for YOUR trip that is a bit up in the air right now. :)

You know, I always wonder what crack people are smoking when they say they love running because it's such pure torture to me. Oh how I wish I got that runners high- it would make my life so much easier! :) (I am not implying, by any means, that you are a crack smoker Karen.. I am admitting I'm highly jelaous of your love of the sport!)

I did intially book higher with mom because she wasn't sure she wanted to do all the resturants with us & my aunt probably won't go in the long run.. and I Just don' tknow what to do..... except tell them we'll meet them after dinner! :)

We just returned from our awesome weekend trip to St. Louis where I got to participate in my very first ever Color Run!

And I just wanted to share the pics!!

We are ready to go- bright and early- on a beautiful fall Sunday in St. Louis...

Arch behind us.........in our 'pre-color' whites!

Herded into our corral to start the run. 1....2.....3....TIME FOR COLOR FUN!!

Running through the color booths.. pink, blue, yellow & orange- in that order!

Yellow, meet Nicole... Nicole, meet Yellow........

Hmmm.. me thinks you did not get enough at the yellow booth- so run like you OWN the color Orange.

Ok, I will......

I OWN YOU ORANGE!!

So much fun. So much color. Everywhere. In my ears. In my eyes. Up my nose.

COLOR!!

Mission accomplished. We are colorfied.............as beautiful as the rainbow, right?

As a special bonus- Some strange color unicorn that I thought was a chicken earlier in the morning came up behind me and tried dancing with me.

It was always my life's dream to dance with a colorful unicorn/chicken. And now I can say that's accomplished. What a day in St. Louis......

Unicorn-Chicken and all........

Side note- I managed my longest run yet last week. 7.1 miles in a horribly slow 12.7 mph pace. But, nonetheless, 7.1 miles. :)

Now back to my regularly overscheduled life - and also back to blowing the green/purple snot out of my nose (oh yes it is... bonus of the color run!)

Oh how FUN!! :hyper:

I'm so glad you're having some fun with your running. :goodvibes

ETA: congrats on the 7.1 miles! :woohoo:

I wanted to do the Color Run...glad you had fun! We had a housewarming party at our place the night before and my MIL's surprise birthday party the night before that so I just decided Sunday would be a nothing day for us.

You got some GREAT weather for September in St. Louis! Was the uni-chicken an official part of the race or was it just some weirdo who decided to get in on the fun?

I have to have a serious giggle at how you joke with me about not loving running but always look like you are having a BLAST. :goodvibes

AND...I don't know if you would EVER catch me at a mud OR color run! I don't think getting mud or colored powder all in my eyes, ears and everywhere else sounds fun at all! ;) so now I feel all vindicated knowing that I do not like running in some forms either! :lmao:

Is it sad that it takes Mud and color particles up my nose to consider running 'fun'? :)

OK - when I'm sitting there outside CBR drinking my Mai Tai watching you run by - I'll hurl a wad of mud at you and shout "C'MON, IT"S FUN!!!" :lmao::thumbsup2

I wanted to do the Color Run...glad you had fun! We had a housewarming party at our place the night before and my MIL's surprise birthday party the night before that so I just decided Sunday would be a nothing day for us.

You got some GREAT weather for September in St. Louis! Was the uni-chicken an official part of the race or was it just some weirdo who decided to get in on the fun?

It was awesome ALL weekend in St. Louis!

The color run was very, very crowded- They were still starting waves as we were finishing the run.

And the unicorn is an official part of the race. Not sure why though.. as he just kinda appeared and disappared at random times.......

I have to have a serious giggle at how you joke with me about not loving running but always look like you are having a BLAST. :goodvibes

AND...I don't know if you would EVER catch me at a mud OR color run! I don't think getting mud or colored powder all in my eyes, ears and everywhere else sounds fun at all! ;) so now I feel all vindicated knowing that I do not like running in some forms either! :lmao:

Well now, BLAST is stretching it. The color part was fun. The running- eh, not so much.

I am seriously contemplating doing the Warrior Dash next year....and that will bring the elements of mud, barb wire & fire into my run. I'm still a little chicken though... we'll see if I can work up my courage!

OK - when I'm sitting there outside CBR drinking my Mai Tai watching you run by - I'll hurl a wad of mud at you and shout "C'MON, IT"S FUN!!!" :lmao::thumbsup2

Nah, I'm just gonna pull up a chair next to you- drink a mai tai & wait for the sweep car!

B enjoyed talking to A yesterday. I asked her how much longer they talked after I left and she said "about 1/2 hour" I'm like, really? Wow.. Apparently they played Zoobles for a bit of time over the computer...and then the bird ate some paper, which was a huge hit with my DD.... :) Glad they got to break the ice- it will make meeting at GG like they are old friends!!!

Nah, I'm just gonna pull up a chair next to you- drink a mai tai & wait for the sweep car!

B enjoyed talking to A yesterday. I asked her how much longer they talked after I left and she said "about 1/2 hour" I'm like, really? Wow.. Apparently they played Zoobles for a bit of time over the computer...and then the bird ate some paper, which was a huge hit with my DD.... :) Glad they got to break the ice- it will make meeting at GG like they are old friends!!!

That would be too funny. "500 Yards and I'm OUT!"

Last night was a hit on our end too. When us parents were present they both seemed a little shy about talking, but once we got out of the way (DW and I left to cook dinner)...I could hear DD chatting away with B, and I finally ended up shutting them down as dinner was getting ready - we ended up eating really late last night. I think DD enjoyed it a lot as well! Perhaps we should do that once or twice more before the trip if its possible, but next time just get the hook-up going and get out of the kids way.

Your little one is so cute - BTW!

I love the color run pics! You got better ones than I did when I ran it for the first time this year!

7.1 miles! Yay! I did my first half this summer and I swear once you hit 7 it seems to get easier.

That would be too funny. "500 Yards and I'm OUT!"

Last night was a hit on our end too. When us parents were present they both seemed a little shy about talking, but once we got out of the way (DW and I left to cook dinner)...I could hear DD chatting away with B, and I finally ended up shutting them down as dinner was getting ready - we ended up eating really late last night. I think DD enjoyed it a lot as well! Perhaps we should do that once or twice more before the trip if its possible, but next time just get the hook-up going and get out of the kids way.

Your little one is so cute - BTW!

500 yards seems an admirable goal- I think. It's one I know I can achieve at least. :)

Yes, for sure we should skype the girls a few more times....

Little one definetly wanted in on the skyping action!

I love the color run pics! You got better ones than I did when I ran it for the first time this year!

7.1 miles! Yay! I did my first half this summer and I swear once you hit 7 it seems to get easier.

I can't take any credit for the pictures- they were all my sis-in-law's. She has a waterproof camera so she had it out during all the color throws because she could rinse it off.

And I'm yet unconvniced it gets easier after 7- having not gone much farther than 7 at this point. Honestly, I really do want to just make it to the lawn chair & sit down and have a mai tai instead! :)

Today is the one month mark till the race.

Ready or not- here it comes!

I had mentioned before I tend to work best under pressure & I figured that would be the case for this as well. True to form, at the 12 week mark out, I started following the training plan & have been sticking to it for the most part.

Last Sunday I accomplished this:

That is 10.25 miles. Over all average pace was 12:04. The trail I ran was much hillier than I expected and so I was very pleased with how it all turned out.

This is the furtherst I have run so far...and while I achieved it- it was not easy . I do not feel at the end I could have gone 3 more miles. In fact, I almost hurled. My feet went numb at mile 8 and my legs were like lead by mile 9. I had previously gone 8 miles & done ok....

I also fear I might have injured my right ankle. It hurts to walk on it. And I think it was due to the uneven hill trails.. it sloped to the side. I am a little worried it will continue to be bothersome. As it stands, three days off, I still can do very little other than BARELY walk on it.

I have plans for a 12 miler in two weeks... and then a 8 miler after that (actual race). Fingers crossed it will be ok. I am staying off it for the time being.

On to OTHER Vacation plans. We got magic-bands and FP plus and it's all been kind of a headache with them not activating some tickets and splitting the days wrong. I spent several hours on the phone so far & the items are still not resolved. So I'm glad I get to try it out, but also glad it's still in 'test' and not my ONLY option at Disney at this point. It has been a bit of a pain... they have a lot of kinks to work out....

We did get FP Plus spots to Be OUr Guest Lunch which makes me very...:goodvibes

My kids are counting down each day & talking about rides & parks.... they are so excited.....

I pulled out our pins to get ready to trade.

And just like that... in one month....... I will be in the magical land of Dis. And that, my friends, makes me one happy dis freak!

Let the countdown continue!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter