From China to Wine & Dine- A Nov 2013 'First' PTR (Trip Report Link)

Ugh, I am sooo sorry to hear about your injury. Hopefully it gets better really soon and you will have no problems with your upcoming plans! I cannot believe it's just one month out for you....WHOOT HOO!!! :cool1: I'm still working on my August trip report, but yes, as my ticker shows, we have a March trip in the works. I'll be bringing Victoria and Kali back to Playlist Live and since Peter didn't want to go to Disney this year (HUH?? He must be sick! :sick:) I figured I'd take the 2 girls while we are down there. Peter can't go to Playlist this year due to work, so it's a girls' trip!! And as Kali says "no adult supervision". Hmmm....I don't know what she means by that statement as I am an adult.........oh, who am I kidding?? I act just like a teenage girl crazy in love with Disney, so she's absolutely right!!! ::yes:: This will be Kali's first time to Disney!!! Oh, the things I have planned!!!!

I'm sorry to read about the injury but lets just take a moment to :worship:

TEN FREAKING MILES!!! IN 2 FREAKING HOURS!!! That's just AMAZING to me. ASTONISHING! Not because I didn't think YOU could do it but because I simply have no desire to- the desire is as awesome to me as the achievement. Because lets face it, the desire is what makes it possible. :thumbsup2

Sorry the Magic Bands and FP+ have been such a pain. I hope you get it worked out. :headache:

Oh, and ONE MONTH. party:

Whooohoooo! ONE MONTH!!!!! :cool1:

Sorry about the ankle, I would rest, skip some runs, crosstrain if possible. I injured myself on my longest run as well and I didn't rest enough at first and ended up making it worse...but WOOT! TEN MILES!!!! You rock!! :cheer2:

Ugh, I am sooo sorry to hear about your injury. Hopefully it gets better really soon and you will have no problems with your upcoming plans! I cannot believe it's just one month out for you....WHOOT HOO!!! :cool1: I'm still working on my August trip report, but yes, as my ticker shows, we have a March trip in the works. I'll be bringing Victoria and Kali back to Playlist Live and since Peter didn't want to go to Disney this year (HUH?? He must be sick! :sick:) I figured I'd take the 2 girls while we are down there. Peter can't go to Playlist this year due to work, so it's a girls' trip!! And as Kali says "no adult supervision". Hmmm....I don't know what she means by that statement as I am an adult.........oh, who am I kidding?? I act just like a teenage girl crazy in love with Disney, so she's absolutely right!!! ::yes:: This will be Kali's first time to Disney!!! Oh, the things I have planned!!!!

Girls trips are often my favorite type of trips!!! You guys will have so much fun & even better that you get to bring a first timer and show them the magic that is Disney! It will be so awesome!

I'm sorry to read about the injury but lets just take a moment to :worship:

TEN FREAKING MILES!!! IN 2 FREAKING HOURS!!! That's just AMAZING to me. ASTONISHING! Not because I didn't think YOU could do it but because I simply have no desire to- the desire is as awesome to me as the achievement. Because lets face it, the desire is what makes it possible. :thumbsup2

Sorry the Magic Bands and FP+ have been such a pain. I hope you get it worked out. :headache:

Oh, and ONE MONTH. party:

I also had a freak out when I realized I made it 10 miles... something I wasn't sure would ever happen. And you are absolutly right- it's the desire to achieve that pushes us to actually do it. A little time pressure helps as well. Hahahahaha!!!

The good news is since Magic Bands and FP+ are test- even if it doesn't work out- I still get regular FP and so it will all work out fine in the end. Just a little extra time on my part dealing with support.....

Whooohoooo! ONE MONTH!!!!! :cool1:

Sorry about the ankle, I would rest, skip some runs, crosstrain if possible. I injured myself on my longest run as well and I didn't rest enough at first and ended up making it worse...but WOOT! TEN MILES!!!! You rock!! :cheer2:

I won't lie and say I'm not a tad worried about my ankle. It's now been 4 days and it still hurts to walk on it. It's not getting better. It's not getting worse. It's just not doing anything but still hurting the same. I will have to figure out some sort of cross-train but what? When I can't put really any pressure on my right leg at all... that puts out almost everything but swimming and I don't have access to a pool......

I'm gonna just keep the faith and hope it goes away soon by not doing much more than I have to on it (like walk to get around..which aggrivates it enough as it is).

If it still hurts to walk, just rest. I wouldn't push it a month out. You HAVE done the training and you won't lose all that stamina if you take a week or even two off. It's probably just tendonitis/overuse from the long run so I wouldn't even worry about cross training at this point, just let it rest up. :thumbsup2

Congrats on the 10.5 miles! If you can do that, you certainly can make 13.1.

Sorry about your ankle though - I rolled my ankle - badly - last night playing tennis. Excrutiating pain, thought it might be broken. Pain is less today but can barely walk. Gonna head to the doctor's today to be sure there isn't a fracture or something. Leg injuries are the worst becuase you become totally immobilized.

Let it heal a few days a see how you feel. Then take it slow a few days, you might get back faster than you think.

Congrats on the 10.5 miles! If you can do that, you certainly can make 13.1.

Sorry about your ankle though - I rolled my ankle - badly - last night playing tennis. Excrutiating pain, thought it might be broken. Pain is less today but can barely walk. Gonna head to the doctor's today to be sure there isn't a fracture or something. Leg injuries are the worst becuase you become totally immobilized.

Let it heal a few days a see how you feel. Then take it slow a few days, you might get back faster than you think.

I saw your post on facebook- glad it's not broken. (and that you got a nap in yesterday..hahahaha!!!)

This morning my ankle is feeling a little better..so guess I just need to keep resting it and hopefully in a few more days, I can get back to it . No time for sidelining now. It's do or die time!!!

Holy cow, we are on the less than 2 week countdown. I leave in 11 days and the race is in 12! Ready or not, here it comes!

I have been having MAJOR issues with MagicBands and them getting my vacation 'right' on the bands. I have spent a total of around 5 hours on the phone so far and it's still not fixed. I expect time to be spent in line ON vacation & I can tell you- I won't be happy. I am VERY annoyed with it all at this point.

On a happier note- I booked myself into the Keys to the Kingdom tour on the Tuesday before my family arrives. I have always wanted to do this tour & so I'm very excited to get the behind the scenes tour!

On a sadder note- I cancelled two of my dining reservations (Le Cellier & OHana breakfast) along with all the BBBoutique packages to save some $$. I am a little sad about Ohana as it's my favorite but this was planned for very last day & I think the price just isn't justifiable at this point- we will have seen all the characters... so we are going to spend time at the resort instead.

My kids are SO excited for the trip- the excitement is in the air... it's magical time in our household as we get ready to DIS!!! pixiedust:

We got the pins and vinyls OUT and ready to TRADE!!

Training: I am as ready as I'm going to get. I have only taken myself to the 10:25 miles & that's as far as I'm going. I'm ok with that & have accepted it. I am NOT doing this race for timing.. and so I'll do what I can do & enjoy the 'ride'.

I did do an official 8 mile race yesterday to try to move my corral placement up. There were 252 runners... It was freakin' COLD (29 degrees)... but I ran a PR for ME. That being said... I came in 231 out of 252. Not last but close to it. That was running an 11 and a half min mile. The winner ran 5:45 miles.. who runs that kind of time? Apparently a lot of people.. seeing as my placement!! To further boost my confidence, I noticed on the race results the 70 year old woman who beat me by quite a bit. Awesome! :)

I also re-injured my ankle. Another awesome! I felt it go at mile 6. So, at this point.. I'm on rest till the 1/2. And I'll just go with it. At least I got hot cocoa yesterday. And a brownie.

HOWEVER, like I said- even though I came in almost last (those local races are always brutal for me- they almost always involve serious, fast, seasoned runners...hence why I'm frequently near the end) I still raced a Personal Best for me. 11.5 for my average pace for 8 miles is really good for me. And when I work out the numbers.. It puts me finishing about 2 hour 35 minute 1/2 (I do NOT plan to maintain a 11.5 during the race- but Disney doesn't know that).

That moves me up from my current corral of K....

To possibly a G. Which is 4 corrals up. I'm not sure what Disney's policy is the day of race corral movement. They recently outlawed this for future races after the Wine and Dine..(for this one, you can still submit proof of time up to race day) but they may max out my corral movement by 1 or 2. And Im ok with that. It's better than K. And that's all I was going for by running yesterday!

With that, I'm on the final countdown. If only my daily life would slow down a bit so I can catch up with myself to pack and stuff.

Whoohooo! 11 days!!!!!! :banana:

Did you email your time to them? That may help as well, or is it too late to email and you just have to do it at the Expo? At least they are still doing that for W&D! :thumbsup2 Enjoy your taper!

Got a question. Can you tell them you don't want the bands? If I honestly was having that much trouble I would be saying "just take me off the bands". I know you have a Be Our Guest Lunch FP+, but I still wouldn't want that headache on my vacation.

I just got an e-mail today reminding me to personalize my magic bands by October 29th. These are the magic bands that were mailed to me three weeks ago. :confused:

skier_pete said:
Got a question. Can you tell them you don't want the bands? If I honestly was having that much trouble I would be saying "just take me off the bands". I know you have a Be Our Guest Lunch FP+, but I still wouldn't want that headache on my vacation.

I just got an e-mail today reminding me to personalize my magic bands by October 29th. These are the magic bands that were mailed to me three weeks ago. :confused:

Nope, everyone gets bands. They are currently giving out kttw cards when you check in as well, but they are attempting to phase them out completely. If you do not customize the bands before arrival, they will give you grey ones when you arrive.

Whoohooo! 11 days!!!!!! :banana:

Did you email your time to them? That may help as well, or is it too late to email and you just have to do it at the Expo? At least they are still doing that for W&D! :thumbsup2 Enjoy your taper!

I have to bring the paper to the expo. Last day to submit via email was like September 1st. I remember because I was looking into 10K's before then but wasn't quite ready and heat/humidty are REALLY hard for me to run in...and I was looking at midwest August races... where heat and humidty rule- even early in the morning! :) My sister-in-law thinks they won't move me up all 4 corrals probably just 2. Which I'm ok with... I guess I'll see at the expo.

I have my hard tickets as well and I think I will use those to enter the parks to make sure they don't screw up my park hopper tickets with my non-park hopper tickets as the lady said they will apply the park hoppers first (and I want the opposite).

And I have to accept that I may lose my FP+..but if I Can still pull regular FP then I guess it will be OK except I hear that those are quickly gone now due to the new system. I dunno....

Disney has really done a big FAIL right now with these Magic Bands and I know I'm not the only one who thinks that. They are capable of so much more than what they rolled out with all these bugs.

I have plans to make one last call tomorrow...and plead my case. And then I expect I will stand in line at my resort where apparently they ahve a different 'magic band' system that allows overrides much easier (why wouldn't ALL Cast members have the SAME system?).

:wave2: I don't really understand all the corrals, times, etc, but I am excited for you with only being 11 days out! OMG!!! That is soooo soon! I really don't have an opinion on the Magic Bands yet. If you read the Dis it is nothing but negativity and I just can't read that right now. I'm hoping by March most of the bugs will have been worked out. You'll definitely have to tell us about your experience with it and Fast Pass Plus vs Legacy Fast Pass. Take lots of pictures!!!!

Oh, my- your trip is so close! I'm sorry the magic bands are such a pain. :sad2:

The KTTK tour sounds amazing and a really great choice for something to do on your own. I can't wait to read all about it! :thumbsup2

Good luck with the race and have an AWESOME trip! pixiedust:

I will be leaving for the airport in few hours! Today is the day! I'm outta this place!

I'm ready as I'll be. I've packed all my stuff. I've packed all the kids stuff and set aside for the hubster to grab on Tuesday when they join me.

Come heck or high water- tomorrow night I'll be lining up in my very first (and only! :rotfl:) 1/2 Marathon!

Not sure if I mentioned it, but the three of us doing the race are dressing in costume as an Alice in Wonderland theme. Cousin is Alice. Sis-In-Law is Mad Hatter & I'm Cheshire Cat.

Somewhat quick look at the running costume... (I will have whiskers and I'm doing my hair in two high buns like ears as I expect I'll ditch the headband before the running begins- the tail is heavy as well..and that may also get ditched at the starting line!)

We are all in different corrals so we'll just take lots of pictures together before we go our seperate ways. I'm REALLY hoping Alice or Queen of Hearts is on the course tomorrow night as well.....

The rest of the plans. My mother threw a wrench with some more plan changes YESTERDAY. I decided at that point...whatver . I'm not stressing. When I get stressed I get snippy and that's NOT how I want vacaty to be. What will be will be & mostly I just want to focus on being there and doing whatever comes our way..... so we are ALL happy. So I can't tell you how this vacation will go. It could be a very intersting trip report where I try to sell my mother to the Pirates in the Pirates of the Carribean ride!

My Magic Band issue FINALLY got worked out with my last call. She was able to override the system. Why couldn't they do that 4 calls before? Good question. GOOD QUESTION. Even she said..they could have just done this before for you.

My only outstanding issue now is check in. They won't let me check in online and apparently if there's an issue with that "you just have to wait till you get down there" So I am. Whatever. (that's the attitude).

Because in 7 hours I"ll be ON A PLANE to Disney!

And I guess I"ll see you on the flip side (aka as back to reality) unless your name is Pete - then I'll see you in a few days down there. Again, perhaps without my mother if she got sold to Pirates!

Laters on the Menjay.
(lame reference to the movie I Love You Man- which is awesome and you should all see!).

I'm outta here!

Woohoo!! Disney Day is the BEST!! I hope your trip is amazing and the race is worth all of you hard (and reluctant) work!

I will be leaving for the airport in few hours! Today is the day! I'm outta this place!

:dance3:

Not sure if I mentioned it, but the three of us doing the race are dressing in costume as an Alice in Wonderland theme. Cousin is Alice. Sis-In-Law is Mad Hatter & I'm Cheshire Cat.

We are all in different corrals so we'll just take lots of pictures together before we go our seperate ways. I'm REALLY hoping Alice or Queen of Hearts is on the course tomorrow night as well.....

Does that mean you are all running separately? I guess that's probably what happens anyways in races, but in the few 5Ks I've ever done it helped to run with someone as a "support team".

The rest of the plans. My mother threw a wrench with some more plan changes YESTERDAY. I decided at that point...whatver . I'm not stressing. When I get stressed I get snippy and that's NOT how I want vacaty to be. It could be a very intersting trip report where I try to sell my mother to the Pirates in the Pirates of the Carribean ride!

Is she a redhead? I hears they like redheads! pirate:

My Magic Band issue FINALLY got worked out with my last call. She was able to override the system. Why couldn't they do that 4 calls before? Good question. GOOD QUESTION. Even she said..they could have just done this before for you.

Whew! That's good to hear. I'm sure we will be comparing MB stories! Hopefully they will be all good stories.

And I guess I"ll see you on the flip side (aka as back to reality) unless your name is Pete - then I'll see you in a few days down there. Again, perhaps without my mother if she got sold to Pirates!

Hey, my name is Pete! That must be me! Good luck on the race in case I don't manage to walk out to that corner with my drink. DW also says good luck! Looking forward to meeting you guys in the 3D world! :cool2:

I am so, so excited for you!!!! Best of luck with the race (you'll be awesome!!!) and enjoy the family time when they get there!!! Post some pics if you have some time. Just enjoy!!!! :love:

:dance3:

Does that mean you are all running separately? I guess that's probably what happens anyways in races, but in the few 5Ks I've ever done it helped to run with someone as a "support team".

Yes, we are all running separately. Sis In Law is a big time runner (she's done about a dozen 1/2 & a full even). She's leauges ahead of me... Cousin didn't train AT ALL. She plans to walk until she gets swept and meet us at the finish line.

I don't run well with others actaully as I tend to overrun to keep up. (I'm a slow runner). With a 5K it's doable because the distance is shorter- With 13.1 miles I need to REALLY watch my speed and make sure I keep it slow. If I ran with Sis-In-Law I'd wipe myself out by mile 3-4 just trying to keep her pace.

Woohoo!! Disney Day is the BEST!! I hope your trip is amazing and the race is worth all of you hard (and reluctant) work!

THANK YOU!! :)

I am so, so excited for you!!!! Best of luck with the race (you'll be awesome!!!) and enjoy the family time when they get there!!! Post some pics if you have some time. Just enjoy!!!! :love:

I probably won't post pictures here till I get back..but if you are on facebook- I most definetly will be posting pics there!

I'll send you a PM with my full name if you want to look it up there and send a request. I'm sure I'll be checing in and out there frequently during the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter