• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fridge Status Check-in *SEE FIRST POST

qtkksmom said:
I just called WDW and spoke to a CM about refrigerators being replaced at CSR and she told me that all rooms now have working fridges. Hope that is true because I am placing an order with GG as we speak.

Yeah! ! BFF and I will be checking in in the 18th and we're hoping to have a fridge fir plenty of cold bottled water. We are having 2 cases delivered to the resort. :-)

Said I would report back...checked into POR today. We called 3 times before arrival to confirm fridge. Never received dreaded fridge letter. Checked in & took whatever room they had available (tired from 19 hour straight drive). CM said if there was no fridge in the room just call & they would bring one. Got to the room and no fridge. Called and they brought one up right away.

building 10 of the 70's received their refrigerators on the 24th at least the first floor as I had one
all the old ones were out by the laundry room

Hello! We just returned today from Pop. We were in the 50's section, building 3, second floor facing the lake. When we checked in I reminded them I needed a refrigerator to store my insulin. The CM stated he would have someone bring one shortly.
Once in my room, I noticed a fridge in the cabinet. It was plugged in with no notice on it not to use it. About a half hour later, a maintenance member showed up with a new fridge. It looked exactly like the one in the cabinet. He said the one we had already was one of the new ones and even checked it to be sure. My husband spoke with him for a few minutes and he learned that they are working on replacing these as quickly as they can get them.
I hope this information helps someone else!

Arrived 10/2 - stayed in Building #1 50's section and had fridge - appeared to be new. We had brought cooler just to be sure, but were glad to have fridge.

That's good news! Slowly but surely they're getting them replaced! Anybody know what the status is at All Star Sports? Thanks!

That's good news! Slowly but surely they're getting them replaced! Anybody know what the status is at All Star Sports? Thanks!

Ditto, hoping for news on All Star Sports!

For All-Star Sports, the fridges are under refurbishment until December. To use a working fridge, you can catch a bus to All-Star Music or All-Star Movies.

...or perhaps I have mixed up my resort status at this time... ;)

That is hilarious! ...or at least it would be if it didn't have a grain of truth in it. ;-)
But really, with Sports being the only resort on property without a functional restaurant (as you so wittily pointed out), I was hoping that the powers that be wouldn't leave that resort until last on the fridge issue...but oh we'll, keeping my fingers crossed that it's resolved soon!

Building #6 at French Quarter..we had a fridge in our room.

Also noticed a truck load of fridges in the POR parking lot too. They were stacked outside by a trailer and were shrink wrapped. No idea if they were new ones or old.

We're in building 10 at Pop, have a fridge. Friends in buildings 6 have no fridge though, so it's still hit and miss.

i was at all stars sports from sept 30 to oct 6th and had a fridge.
was in building 10 touchdown.

the other rooms in that area had the new fridge also.

Were staying at POR (wheelchair assesable room) haven't received any letter from disney yet (leaving on November 10th) anyone staying there noticed if the refrigerators have been replaced in these rooms. Not sure if I should pack a defrauded cooler.

That is hilarious! ...or at least it would be if it didn't have a grain of truth in it. ;-)
But really, with Sports being the only resort on property without a functional restaurant (as you so wittily pointed out), I was hoping that the powers that be wouldn't leave that resort until last on the fridge issue...but oh we'll, keeping my fingers crossed that it's resolved soon!

POFQ had no restaurant

How far out are you guys getting the no fridge letter? We are staying at Pop in 19 days and haven't gotten one. I called the resort directly today and was told they had not even started switching them out. I guess they are saying that just to be safe. We have a preferred room booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter