Fridge Status Check-in *SEE FIRST POST

Does anyone know if the Cabins are excluded? Received letter today. I think that they are sending them out to everyone for the "Just incase factor:... but never know..

Just back from a AKL/YC split. Both had fridges so...
8/15 Confirmed at Jambo House AKL 4th floor 4486
8/18 Confirmed at YC in room 1003

So I have a couple of questions on this fridge situation. A couple of months ago when this issue first came up I thought people said the All star resorts were safe because those fridge's were put in recently and did not have a problem but it looks like they are replacing those as well now correct? I have a young son who we need a fridge for but not for medical reasons so I would never ask and take one away from someone who really needs one so my thought is it possible to purchase a small mini fridge and use it at the resort or will Disney not be ok with that? :confused3

in other news 29 days until our 10 day trip so I am sure we can get by no matter if we have a fridge or not. :yay:

We have taken a portable cooler/fridge before and we never had a problem.

Any news on a timeline for them to be replaced? Are all the resorts affected? We were at sports about a week and a half ago and didn't have one initially but one of our travel group is an insulin dependent diabetic so they went somewhere outside our resort and were able to find us one for his meds. They did offer to keep his meds in a frig at the desk but we opted to do ice in a lunchbox for the day not trusting them to not get misplaced.

EvilQueenT said:
Any news on a timeline for them to be replaced? Are all the resorts affected?

When first announced, WDW said it would take about 4 months to have them all replaced.

The DVC rooms and the family suites were the only ones not affected.

We checked in at POR today, and are thrilled to have a functioning fridge! Alligator Bayou, building 38.

Art of Animation - Little Mermaid room first floor near King Triton August 9-19: No working fridge

Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo) 4th floor Zebra Trail August 19-22: Working Fridge

We arrived at POP with two rooms. Both frigs

were plugged in !!!!!!!!
Thought they were ok until one had a burning smell and engineering came ! They shpwed us the tag on the plug that said " out of service,do not use"
Clearly as I read here some don't think they need to follow rules !!! Glad we were ok .......

Just back. ASMU family suite had the fridge. I did, however, receive a notice in the mail while we were away notifying us that we might not have a fridge.

We arrived at POP with two rooms. Both frigs

were plugged in !!!!!!!!
Thought they were ok until one had a burning smell and engineering came ! They shpwed us the tag on the plug that said " out of service,do not use"
Clearly as I read here some don't think they need to follow rules !!! Glad we were ok .......

My Pop room in August was similar. Letter saying do not plug in and tag on cord but the people before me must have plugged it in. Of course they unplugged the Tv in doing so and that's how I found out. I called front desk an someone came and unplugged it and tapped it up again a few days later.

Art of Animation (Little Mermaid) did not have functional fridges upon check in (8/17,) but they were replacing at least some of Building 7's today. We got "home" to a row of fridges sitting outside rooms... lol!

They are smaller than the originals, and do not have a freezer compartment.

My DD and I will be at POR next month. It won't be the end of the world if we don't have a working refrigerator, but just inconvenient.

I do agree with the poster who thought it strange that Disney doesn't do more to ensure the non-working refrigerators are NOT plugged back in. To me it seems that the issue with the refrigerators is not all that serious, otherwise they would cut off the cords or remove the refrigerators from the rooms entirely. Simply unplugging them and leaving a note asking you not to plug it back it just doesn't seem like it is that serious of an issue then.

I mean, anything electrical can start a fire in a resort room. A lamp with a short in the cord, wiring in the walls, someone leaving a curling iron plugged in, or that crock pot someone brings and leaves turned on in their room so they have dinner ready and waiting when they come back to their room. ;)

I did receive the letter about the refrigerators yesterday.

We arrived at POR in August 20 and had no fridge in the room. We asked about it the front desk expecting them to say that there were none. They seemed surprised and immediately brought one to our room.

We arrived CSR Aug 6, we checked in at 6am, our room was ready and did have a fridge.

One of m employees stayed at POP Aug 20 and did not have a fridge.

He got fastpass+ and we didn't, so he got the better deal. :rotfl2:

Received our letter today. Any other updates on POFQ?

We got our letter today also...We are to arrive 9/2. I called and requested a refrigerator starting weeks ago when I first heard of the removal. I booked through Disney website and I know people have reported either a $15/night credit or an added QS meal. Does anyone know where WDW posted they would do the credit for no refrigerator? We do have meds needing refrigeration, and we are flying - so no car.

EXCUSE ME???? :eek: They wanted you to leave your food at the front desk fridge!? I think not!! Were they serious? Sorry but thats disgusting. I would never! how do I know what the staff are doing to my food when im not there? So lets say i wanted milk for my cereal, i'd have to come up to the front desk to get it? Wow!! just wow. Im guessing the CM you spoke with was either new, or severely misinformed.

Here's another question. Are they offering this to everyone at pop? Cause if so, that must be one massive fridge!

This isn't unheard of. This past winter I had to travel for work and when booking alerted the hotel that I would need a fridge to store breast milk in. I even called the day prior to confirm it. When I got there, no fridges were available. I had to hand over my milk to the front desk staff. Since it was that or let it go bad, I had no choice (no ice machines at that place).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter