Fridge Status Check-in *SEE FIRST POST

About the credit...how does that work if you booked through travelocity
?
do you get $15 each day to use for things charged to the room?

we just stayed at all star sports this past week. they have some rooms where they've had them replaced but overall most do not. they went off property to get one for a member of our travel group who is an insulin dependent diabetic and needed one to store his meds. they said the ones they put in were recalled due to mold issues and are in the process of being replaced. they also offered to keep his meds in a frig they had up front until one could be put in our room but we didn't choose to do that given things get lost easily and we didn't want to risk that happening.

I posted when I was there but saw someone asked again. We were at ALL star Movies 8/11-8/16 Dalmatian Section 2 rooms both had working fridges. I also received a letter in mail when I returned home that we may not have one.

POFQ 8/20 garden view building 7: no frig

POFQ 8/20 garden view building 4: no frig

Called maintenance from room; they had some for medical requests. Received a frig quickly upon medical request.

I'm hoping there's one in our room when we check in 9/22. What I really don't understand is why it takes so long to replace them. Really? months? Weeks I could understand but not months.

Fridges at all deluxes have been replaced and It never was an issue at DVC resorts.

Marie - DVC member: AKV, BLT

We check in on Sunday :) maybe I'm just a rebel, but what would stop one from just plugging in one of the unplugged fridges?? I know they are being replaced because they are supposedly a fire hazard, but how many years were they used with no issues at all? There are thousands of these fridges in the resorts & only one incident...

I'm just curious so please don't accuse me of trying to burn down Disney!!

G

Checked in at CBR today (8/21)

Barbados
1123 no fridge (fridge, but had note on that we couldn't use it)
1124 has working fridge!

Glad to have one that works for the breakfast and cool snacks/drinks for the week

We check in on Sunday :) maybe I'm just a rebel, but what would stop one from just plugging in one of the unplugged fridges?? I know they are being replaced because they are supposedly a fire hazard, but how many years were they used with no issues at all? There are thousands of these fridges in the resorts & only one incident...

I'm just curious so please don't accuse me of trying to burn down Disney!!

G
Really???? If your house fridge was recalled for possible fire hazard would you continue to use?? Would you really risk the life of your family?? A company doesn't recall stuff just for the fun of it

I just received the letter today about not having having a fridge. Our trip is in about three weeks and we are staying at CBR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter