Fri Jan 29, 2016 5-Night Grand Cayman and Castaway Cay From Miami (Meet and FE!)

Phrog

Mr. Phrog's Wild Ride
Hi fellow Disney cruisers! I've been lurking these boards for awhile learning for my previous trips to WDW and for a trip this year to DLR, but just had to sign up and start getting active posting once my wife and I booked our first ever Disney cruise on Fri Jan 29, 2016 for 5 Nights to Grand Cayman and Castaway Cay From Miami!

We are super excited and so are our daughters, 3 and 1. Okay, the 1 year old doesn't understand. But she'll be super excited once she gets there! We are a big Disney family, and I am looking to connecting with you and your families on this awesome voyage! Please introduce yourself, your family and maybe tell us about your past cruising and/or Disney vacations!

We are very interested in a Fish Extender as well! It seems like just getting everybody who is interested together on a list, and then dividing into smaller (10ish?) sized groups is the best bet, if there's that many involved. I'd love to hear about past FEs you've done, too! Get excited, it's just over a year away! :banana:

We are Ian (33), my wife Kim (34) and our daughters Sagan (3) and Beatrix (Or "Trixie", 1) from the Chicago area! Bonus points if you're escaping the midwestern winter next year like we will be!

I'd be interested in hearing everybody's plans for our Grand Cayman day! We're stopping on a Sunday, so hopefully there will still be plenty to do, although I'm realizing many shops and such will be closed.

We're going on this cruise also! It's our first cruise so we're extremely excited! We'll be leaving the winters of the Toronto area, so we're not far off from your Chicago weather!
We'd like to be a part of the Fish Exchange as well. Our family is Paul (43), Sharlene (37), daughter Naiya (9) and daughter Hallie (3).

You should post a link to this thread in the 2016 Cruise Meets thread for your ship so that Irish Cowboy can add you to the list. Other cruisers will then be able to find the thread and join the thread.

There is plenty of time to make arrangements for shipboard meets and FE for your cruise! :)

Great to meet you! Sounds like your family is a lot like ours, maybe even a bit chillier!

You should post a link to this thread in the 2016 Cruise Meets thread for your ship so that Irish Cowboy can add you to the list. Other cruisers will then be able to find the thread and join the thread.

There is plenty of time to make arrangements for shipboard meets and FE for your cruise! :)

I did last week but did not receive a response yet.

Hey there! We just booked this cruise while a few weeks ago -- while still on board the Dream. :-) We sailed on the Dream the last week of January, and absolutely fell in love with it. It was literally the best vacation that we've ever taken. We're so excited about trying the Magic, since everyone I know says that they prefer the Magic to the Dream, which I can't even imagine.

About us . . . we live in Maine (yes, it's absurdly cold, yes I know where Stephen King lives, and no, I don't like lobster). It will be me, my husband, and our daughter, who will be 7 when we sail. I think for the Grand Cayman day we're planning on doing the Dolphin Encounter/Turtle Farm trip. My daughter loves dolphins and has asked to do that, and when else will you have the chance to hold a sea turtle? We actually saw one while in Castaway Cay, and they are so cool!

The only downside is that we have to wait 350 more days! :-(

Hello All,

We too are going on this cruise with syrichardson and family. This will be our second Disney cruise and we are just as excited to go on this one as we were on our first one. I'll be bringing my two boys, one will be 8 by the time we go and the other will be over 40......... I'm more concerned about keeping the older one in check.

I had no idea about the fish extender until Sharlene told me about it and I'd be interested in it for this trip. We did the room number magnets last cruise and we brought a few Canada ones for people to take.

No idea what we're doing for trips yet, although we went to Grand Cayman on a Carnival cruise and we missed out on Hell and the turtle farm, so that is on our list for sure. I just need to find a hand basket and I'm good to go.

Hi everyone,

We tentatively booked this cruise while onboard the Wonder last month! We loved Grand Cayman so much that we want to do it again! We are from Niagara Falls Canada and there is myself, my husband and our two daughters who will be 6 & 10 when we cruise! Can't wait!

We are booked for this cruise! It will be our fourth cruise with Disney and our third ship. It is my husband (37), myself (37), daughter (16) and son (14). We are very excited about this trip! We have participated in FE on each of our cruises and plan on participating again! It is so much fun! Nice to "meet" you all. We are coming from Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Hello! We just booked out cruise and I am so excited this is our first cruise our boys don't know we are going its going to be a surprise. We are in Ohio so it will be crazy cold here But super exited we will be on the cruise for my Birthday. Our boys are Kaleb will be 11 and Zayne is 4. I would love to do the Fish extender seen lots of great things on how fun it is. if anyone could tell me how to add a picture to my profile I cant seem to find it.

Hello! We just booked out cruise and I am so excited this is our first cruise our boys don't know we are going its going to be a surprise. We are in Ohio so it will be crazy cold here But super exited we will be on the cruise for my Birthday. Our boys are Kaleb will be 11 and Zayne is 4. I would love to do the Fish extender seen lots of great things on how fun it is. if anyone could tell me how to add a picture to my profile I cant seem to find it.
At the top right hand side of the page, you will see your profile name. If you click on it, a long list of choices that pertain to your account will appear. You want to click on "personal details". It will give you the option to add an "avatar" or profile picture there!

At the top right hand side of the page, you will see your profile name. If you click on it, a long list of choices that pertain to your account will appear. You want to click on "personal details". It will give you the option to add an "avatar" or profile picture there!
Thank you I found out you have to have ten posts before you are able to add your picture so hopefully soon :yay:

We just booked this cruise and we are super excited!!! This will be our 2nd Disney cruise and 2nd time on the Magic. The first time around was before the "revamp". We are Me, DH, DS (9), DD (7), DD (5), and DD (3). We did the FE group last time and would love to do it again! Can't wait!

Hi,

I just came back from the westbound Panama Canal crossing and we loved it so much that we decided to not wait until 2017 (when we want to do transatlantic) for our next cruise. As flights from Vienna to Miami are extremely cheap next January, we decided to do throw in 5 nights on the Magic :dogdance:.

It will be our 5th Disney cruise and we've joined FE groups on all of them, so I would definitely be in, if there will be one this time.
We are me, husband and daughter (12).

We just booked this cruise and we are super excited!!! This will be our 2nd Disney cruise and 2nd time on the Magic. The first time around was before the "revamp". We are Me, DH, DS (9), DD (7), DD (5), and DD (3). We did the FE group last time and would love to do it again! Can't wait!

We are super excited about our first Disney cruise! We are me, husband Bill and Alexis (9) and Anna (6). We would love to join the FE group. How do you sign up?

Hello, I will also be traveling from Ohio for this cruise. I am traveling with my husband Ron, son Corbin (3) and mother in law Penny. We have been on the Wonder in 2009 and Dream in 2014. This will be our first trip on the Magic and first time on a Caribbean itinerary. This will be my MIL first cruise and flight ever. We are part of a cruise group on another site, but look forward to meeting others traveling on the trip.
We have booked a tour for Grand Cayman through an outside company that includes the Turtle Farm and Hell. I think we will also visit 7 mile beach or Stingray City if we have time

Last edited:
Hello everyone!!!! Im new to Disney boards but I'm so excited about this trip! 20 of us will be joining you all for our first cruise aboard Disney's Magic!!! We have 5 families of 4 all representing our home state of Pennsylvania!!! Each family has 2 little ones... That's right 10 little ones ranging from 18 months to 7 years old! I'm looking forward to meeting all of you! We are going to have the most Magical vacation ever!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter