Fri Jan 29, 2016 5-Night Grand Cayman and Castaway Cay From Miami (Meet and FE!)

Can you share the other website you used for the other cruise groups and the company you used to set up your excisions?

We are in a Facebook cruise group (Disney Magic Cruise January 29, 2016 ) and we booked our tour through Captain Marvin's. The tour is an hour and a half through Hell and Turtle Farm for $30/person and children under 4 are free.

Last edited:
Hello All,

I have a request of everyone that would like to be a part of the FE. I'm doing some craft that requires the kids first name initial. If you wouldn't mind putting a reply to this with this info I would be eternally grateful. I have all the ones that have put your kids names on your post. I don't need the whole name if you don't want to put if on the post, just initial would be fantastic.

Once school starts I'm going into a craft frenzy for the cruise, nothing like being prepared WAY too early...........

My son's first initial is "C"

We are in a Facebook cruise group (Disney Magic Cruise January 29, 2016 ) and we booked our tour through Captain Marvin's. The tour is an hour and a half through Hell and Turtle Farm for $30/person and children under 4 are free.

Just joined the facebook group and they have a great form for the FE. Makes it a little easier on us that have never done it before and has all the information you'd need to accommodate all the kids.

Hi my name is Mel. I am traveling with my wife Jen, our son Jon 23, Travis who will be 7, Johari who is 6 and my mother in law cynthia. I have only sailed the wonder in 2010 and am really excited. We're going through captain marvins on Grand cayman for their hell and turtle farm tour :)

I started my FE gifts too!!! I am replying for 2 families! The Zore family (that's mine) have 2 LOs their first initial is "K" and "W" the second family are the Ervins. Thy also have 2 LOs their initials are "S" and "J"... Good luck on your crafting adventures!!!!

Hello! I just joined the board to get into a FE group. Are they being formed? I was looking through the threads and saw that a lot of people mentioned being interested but I didn't see anything formal to organize them. How do you get into a group? This will be our first Disney cruise and I think it looks like a lot of fun! Thanks a ton!

Just joined the facebook group and they have a great form for the FE. Makes it a little easier on us that have never done it before and has all the information you'd need to accommodate all the kids.
There is a fb group that a lot of people are in that has fish extender groups aND group meet ups. I do believe the link IS in this thread

There is a fb group that a lot of people are in that has fish extender groups aND group meet ups. I do believe the link IS in this thread
I don't think its allowed to be linked, but you can search for the group on FB " Disney Magic Cruise January 29, 2016 " ;)

Hello!

This will be me and my husband's first Disney cruise! His first cruise EVER! I'm very excited. :sulley: We are huge fans of Disney's level of service and all that Disney has to offer, so even though we do not have kids there was no question which cruise line we wanted to book.

I'd love to participate in the fish extender exchange, but are cruisers with no kids welcome to participate? :earsgirl::earsboy:

Hello!

This will be me and my husband's first Disney cruise! His first cruise EVER! I'm very excited. :sulley: We are huge fans of Disney's level of service and all that Disney has to offer, so even though we do not have kids there was no question which cruise line we wanted to book.

I'd love to participate in the fish extender exchange, but are cruisers with no kids welcome to participate? :earsgirl::earsboy:

Everyone is welcome!

Hello! My hubby and I are sailing on 1/29/16 and we are so excited for our first Disney Cruise. We are also adults traveling with no kids so thanks for asking, Alicia and thanks for clarifying JRose. Just requested to join the fb group. This is so cool. What a great way to get to know others. How and when are the group's created? What I think I read was to plan on about 15 gifties is that right? Thanks for helping me understand.

Wow...sounds like a party. I love watching the delight on the faces of both kids and adults. So fun. My hubby Paul and I are from the great First state of Delaware but he was born and raised in PA! Took him ten years of living here to stop saying "I'm from Pennsyllvania but I live in Delaware."
Paul uses a wheelchair to combat fatigue from an injury but he is a trooper. I'm releuctant to deal with the tender and Cayman we may call that a ship day...We are fans of learning about new cultures and seeing the world but it is a challenge on wheels. We are hoping that cruising could be the way to go. Looking forward to this trip. 114 days to go..we are staying overnight in. Miami any hotel recommendations?

Last edited:
DH (Jeremy) and I (Amy) are traveling with our four kids in January. Our kids are DS 14y, DS 12yr DS 12yr (twins) and DD 7yr. I am thrilled to see other kids my kiddos ages. We are traveling from Colorado and although Colorado winters are pretty fabulous, Grand Cayman and Castaway Cay look amazing!

So thrilled to have found this board! We can't wait for our cruise and have been planning all year for this magical vacation. This is our first cruise....beyond excited! This is the kids big Christmas gift and I am bursting to tell them.

I am checking out excursions. Interested in the Dolphin Extreme Swim. Does anyone know anything about it or if it is worth the price? I have heard that it sells out quickly. Thoughts on booking through 3rd party? Or other favorite excursions in Grand Cayman.

Also, I am totally into the 5K on Castaway Cay. My husband isn't a runner. Anyone want to join me?

Also....fish extenders? Tell me more. I am intrigued.

Hi! New to DCL and the forums.
This will be our first cruise with 2 girls (4&6). I'd like to join the fish extender group. How do I do that?
Julie

Looks like quite a few Ohioians on the January Magic Cruise! We are excited to join everyone! This is our first cruise and we are sooo excited! The kids don't know yet. We will be surprising them for Christmas! We have three kiddos. Two princes age 10 and 5 and one princess age 8!!! Would love to do fish extenders. I have no idea how to start the process so please feel free to share any tips for these or anything else about Disney Cruises!!

Not sure if anyone here has started an FE yet, but I know for sure there is one on the FB cruise page. The deadline to sign up over there is December 1.

Hi everyone! I will be going on the Disney Magic cruise on January 29th with my family! We are from Philadelphia and would like to join the fish extenders group. Can someone tell me how if it's not too late? I actually have two rooms - one room with myself, my husband and our 6 year old daughter. The second room has my mom and my 9 year old daughter. It will be my mom's first Disney cruise and my family's second Disney cruise, but first time on the Magic! Super excited!!! Thank you for any help or info you can give me!!!!

Not sure if anyone here has started an FE yet, but I know for sure there is one on the FB cruise page. The deadline to sign up over there is December 1.
I would like to sign up for the FE and hoping it's not too late. Do you know how I go about finding out??? Any help you can give would be much appreciated! :)

Hi fellow Disney cruisers! I've been lurking these boards for awhile learning for my previous trips to WDW and for a trip this year to DLR, but just had to sign up and start getting active posting once my wife and I booked our first ever Disney cruise on Fri Jan 29, 2016 for 5 Nights to Grand Cayman and Castaway Cay From Miami!

We are super excited and so are our daughters, 3 and 1. Okay, the 1 year old doesn't understand. But she'll be super excited once she gets there! We are a big Disney family, and I am looking to connecting with you and your families on this awesome voyage! Please introduce yourself, your family and maybe tell us about your past cruising and/or Disney vacations!

We are very interested in a Fish Extender as well! It seems like just getting everybody who is interested together on a list, and then dividing into smaller (10ish?) sized groups is the best bet, if there's that many involved. I'd love to hear about past FEs you've done, too! Get excited, it's just over a year away! :banana:

We are Ian (33), my wife Kim (34) and our daughters Sagan (3) and Beatrix (Or "Trixie", 1) from the Chicago area! Bonus points if you're escaping the midwestern winter next year like we will be!
How do i signup? for our family 29th jan cruise magic??? please help I don't know how to sign up for group or to sign up for fish finders?

I would like to sign up for the FE and hoping it's not too late. Do you know how I go about finding out??? Any help you can give would be much appreciated! :)
how do I signup for the facebook page?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter