Free Dining

That's weird, where do you live? A huge amount of public and private schools in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi and Louisiana get fall breaks and we have some relatives in Kentucky, Tennessee and Indiana that also get a fall break around the time we do in Alabama - almost always during Columbus Day/week or the week after. Most of the schools in Alabama are back in school between August 7 and 10th. School Fall breaks play a big roll, along with the other events you have mentioned.
I live in FL, lol! But I checked a handful of public school calendars (including GA) and saw the Columbus Day long weekend as the only break I could see. I have friends who actually get Columbus Day off as a paid holiday but we never did. It is not really recognized down here. So other than Columbus Day and Halloween week, I was really surprised that people thought October was a "busy" time in WDW. :eek:

My TA took care of my Free Dining this morning. We are staying at a moderate and it only showed us as having a quick service dining plan. They say it's a glitch. Problems all over the place!:headache:

So i started at 6 am was done wiht my pop reservation by 6:15. However I went to look at the moderates and they seemed sold out. Helped my friend with AoA and is seemed sold out fast too I am wondering if they really sold out or if it was system issue?

i think thats good because it will open more availability to people travelling/ first timers

In 2012 we took advantage of Free dining from December 21-January 1. That's right, free dining over Christmas! It was amazing. We will be doing the same this year. It only cost $40 more total, for six people to do three more nights with Free Dining vs. Passholder Discount. Free Dining is an incredible deal, especially for 6 adults in two moderate rooms during the highest rates of the year. We love free dining!!!!

Ive been trying to get a ballpark price for the last hour with this problem :(
same! iv been trying to compare if i should upgrade resorts or stay at all star and just upgrade the dining plan but it keeps over loading and i have to restart i finally got a price for the caribbean resort now im trying to compare the saving with all star sport but it keeps gliching and chat isnt working so i cant verify anything

So i started at 6 am was done wiht my pop reservation by 6:15. However I went to look at the moderates and they seemed sold out. Helped my friend with AoA and is seemed sold out fast too I am wondering if they really sold out or if it was system issue?
Some resorts and room categories can sell out quickly for SOME dates, but I would definitely call back in a day or two and see if your room or resort is available then, as there are a lot of technical issues the first day and people will continue to move around their dates. Always call back or keep checking on the site for your dates and resort to open up.

Usually not one to complain, but after a few hundred busy signals and a web site that doesn't work, I am frustrated. It shouldn't be this hard to spend a boatload of money.

I agree! My friends husband was calling all morning he actually said forget the discount it's not worth my time. But I got it for them. I paid the deposit so I get the disney via points lol fine with me! Will be paid back, not handing out free deposits ;). They really need to work on their systems...or are there just THAT many people going?

everytime i get to the end it empties my cart and says unavailable but when i check availabiltiy it says im goood to go im freakig outtt

I am beginning to get very irritated with the busy tone I continue to get. The rooms shouldn't sell out that fast. In the past I've booked weeks into free dining and still got a room no problem.

I wish I could even be on hold for however long. Just knowing I might get through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter