Free Dining

As someone who doesn't buy into "free" dining, I am always happy to see our trip dates EXCLUDED. Can't wait for this promotion to go live so I can maybe get some more ideal ADR times!

Ya .. definitely a great promotion, but not for everyone. It would definitely cost me personally more money to make free dining happen.

1 - We'd probably have to change our dates (two of our dates are at the tail end of the 30% off resorts deal for the summer) (so a loss of about $40 in savings)
2 - We'd have to get a Magic Your Way Package (right now .. just getting the hotel and using no-expiration tickets already paid for) (so we'd have to buy two days worth of tickets at around $100/day each (our no-expiration tickets cost about $75/day) .. so a loss of $50 there ..
3 - If we had to change our dates even by just a few days .. my son would officially be 3 years old.. and while I could probably "cheat" and say he is 2 .. I am just not going to be one of those people .. so we'd have to buy him a ticket too ($200)
4 - If we had to change our dates we wouldn't be at the MK on my son's birthday (the whole point of the trip in the first place! Heh)

So it would cost me ~$300 to get free dining for four days. Probably not worth it .. heh

My hope is that it will make the parks less crowded on the week or so before the promotion as people shift their plans to the free dining days.

Here is the translated South American offer.....

April 23, 2014.- There will be free meals in September, October, November and December 2015 at Walt Disney World Resort. Earlier today the Twitter account of viajeromagico.com anticipated the expected news (see photo) There's no official word but travel agents have received the codes to promote free meals during September, October, November and December 2015. To receive this offer check-in must fall within the following dates: From August 15 to October 2 From October 25 to October 31 From November 8th to November 19th From December 15 to December 21. Entering (first day) to the hotel in one of these four periods get free meals for the entire stay. Value Hotels Disney Dining Plan Quick receive and Moderate and Deluxe hotels are regularly Disney Dining Plan. Hotels excluded: The most notable exclusions hotels are the All Star Movies and standard rooms Little Mermaid in the Art of Animation and Port Orleans French Quarter. In the case of Port Orlearns Riverside, is included only during the period from August 15 to October 2, being excluded for the rest of the dates of October, November and December. Rules: What is important to determine if the promotion applies to a stay shall be the date of check in. Stay must begin within any of the consigned periods and then get meals for all contracted nights. It is possible that the above rule exception to suffer after the December 21 nights. The promotion may be contracted between April 27 and August 7 in travel agencies. It is compulsory to take at least two days for tickets with hotel nights. Stays must be a minimum of 3 nights and a maximum of 14 nights. We reiterate that these data apply in principle to travel agencies. However it is very likely that the promotion is announced by identical or similar for direct contracts with Disney via official website. If there were any differences between direct Disney and travel agency, chances are older posibildad fewer days for the second half of August and hiring more restricted dates. Next week these little questions will be cleared.

I understand the check in question but what if my dates are Oct 20 - Oct 26th? So I am hitting just the last 1/2 days of the free dining promo, woudl we qualify for anything?

I understand the check in question but what if my dates are Oct 20 - Oct 26th? So I am hitting just the last 1/2 days of the free dining promo, woudl we qualify for anything?

If your check in dates fall within the dates that they utimately come out with, then you're covered!

Free Dining is determined by your check-in date. Your check-IN date must fall during the specified promotion in order to qualify. If your stay overlaps a qualifying check-in date, but has a check-in date that falls outside a qualifying date, you don't qualify. Your check-in date is October 20th, so you don't qualify even though some of the dates of your stay fall within the promotion period.

FWIW, there will likely be a room only offer as well, and if you're staying at a deluxe (and possibly a moderate) you'll save just as much money as with "free" dining.

Thanks for consolidating all that!

Yeah, why I say early Sept this year for the start of FD is due to a number of things:

This is all stuff you know, but I'm just repeating...
1) The FD window has been starting later the last few years, sometimes starting late that last week of Aug, or 1st week of Sept.
2) Park attendance is up with the economy improving, so the incentive is for Disney to offer these discounts is lessening.
3) Since the first day of your stay needs to fall in the window, this can make a late Aug trip really tough bank on for FD this year. With Labor day being so late in 2015 (Sept 7th), many schools are still out until then, hence still time many to visit the parks without pulling kids out of school.

So, I'm guessing the FD window won't open until early Sept sometime. Hopefully I'm wrong for those who would like to take advantage of it with a late Aug trip.

We were lucky to get FD late Sept again this year with a bounceback offer. All 5 of our WDW trips have had FD. Simply put, we wouldn't visit without it. It's too much of an integral part of our vacation now, and I just won't pay the OOP amount for the same meals, or pay for the dining plan (which would be over $2000 for our family of 5, CRAZY!)

Dan
We are exactly the same way. We have always gone with free dining. We have had trips since 2006 in September, 2 in December and the one and only time I think I have seen it in May 2011, kids got out of school on the 2nd of June, we flew in that afternoon and that was the last day it was offered. Got it for all 12 days. When we add up it was 2700 for the 12 days for the 4 of us, I could not get a room discount that good. We are doing September this year from a bounceback offer we got last September. We are doing the longest we have ever gone 14 nights, we are so excited! If they didn't have that offer (which to us is worth it as we stay in the mods and not deluxe) we would not go.

We are exactly the same way. We have always gone with free dining. We have had trips since 2006 in September, 2 in December and the one and only time I think I have seen it in May 2011, kids got out of school on the 2nd of June, we flew in that afternoon and that was the last day it was offered. Got it for all 12 days. When we add up it was 2700 for the 12 days for the 4 of us, I could not get a room discount that good. We are doing September this year from a bounceback offer we got last September. We are doing the longest we have ever gone 14 nights, we are so excited! If they didn't have that offer (which to us is worth it as we stay in the mods and not deluxe) we would not go.

Great! Glad to hear it. Dang, 14 nights... sounds fantastic.

We're there the late Sept / early Oct with FD. Glad I already have our ADR's set. This pending FD offer is going to fill up anything left. I was looking today, and a good number of the places we have ADR's for are already booked for the time surrounding lunch and dinner.

MANY on here harp about how FD has destroyed much of what they like about dining at Disney, and I get their arguments. However, it's been fantastic for us, we thoroughly enjoy the food at the locations we choose, and it's become just as important to our stays at the attractions. It's a time for us to sit down, slow down, recoup and spend that much more fun family time together.:goodvibes:thumbsup2

Dan

Question about Disney Visa offer: I read earlier on this thread that Disney often doesn't put the Visa offer up on the site until after it's been released, and that we also won't get an email. How, then, do we know when it's been released, what the dates are, and what resorts are included if it's released before being on the site?

Question about Disney Visa offer: I read earlier on this thread that Disney often doesn't put the Visa offer up on the site until after it's been released, and that we also won't get an email. How, then, do we know when it's been released, what the dates are, and what resorts are included if it's released before being on the site?
You'll know the deal has gone live here by 7:05am. Just call on Monday morning and they will tell you what the offer includes.

Where did you get that? Evening I've seen says park attendance and shares are UP since last year.

My in-laws own a lot of stock in Disney and that came from their Q1 stock report. (at least that is what they said) I think Chip & Co reported that as well.

My in-laws own a lot of stock in Disney and that came from their Q1 stock report. (at least that is what they said) I think Chip & Co reported that as well.

I don't know. Seems contrary to all the reports I've read? This article even said Disney reported better than expected Q1 earnings?

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/sites/default/files/reports/q1-fy15-earnings.pdf

http://www.thewrap.com/disney-stock-hits-all-time-high-as-avengers-age-of-ultron-nears/

I feel like attendance wise, we can even see with our own eyes that's been higher, IMO.

Last edited:
Oooh, hoping the Friday - Wednesday after Thanksgiving are included in Free Dining.
me too but it never is......there is always a room deal though...and for me a party of 3 the room deal is better %30% off a deluxe is a better savings but if you have more than 3 people in your family or group the free dinning is better......good luck

I don't know. Seems contrary to all the reports I've read? This article even said Disney reported better than expected Q1 earnings?

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/sites/default/files/reports/q1-fy15-earnings.pdf

http://www.thewrap.com/disney-stock-hits-all-time-high-as-avengers-age-of-ultron-nears/

I feel like attendance wise, we can even see with our own eyes that's been higher, IMO.
Totally agree! I can say with certainty that the third week in October's crowds have grown like crazy over the last 3 years. This will be our 7th year in a row, and 8th Oct in 9 years (we tried June once to avoid missing a football game--too hot!), and it is NOTHING like it used to be. Last year was crazy, and free dining wasn't even offered that week. Lol

Totally agree! I can say with certainty that the third week in October's crowds have grown like crazy over the last 3 years. This will be our 7th year in a row, and 8th Oct in 9 years (we tried June once to avoid missing a football game--too hot!), and it is NOTHING like it used to be. Last year was crazy, and free dining wasn't even offered that week. Lol

We will be right there with you next year. September rain is a huge NO for me!

I'm really hoping for a good room only discount. We still have two old tickets that I want to use and DD and I want to go see the Christmas decorations. We normally love us some FD as we are a value/QS family.

When the offer opens to the public (after Disney cc)- are there available rooms left?
We are going within the rumored time frame and we are booked at CR. Historically- will there be any rooms left that offer FD?
We already are planning on paying for the dining plan so wanted to see if it was possible to save any money.
Thanks!

When the offer opens to the public (after Disney cc)- are there available rooms left?
We are going within the rumored time frame and we are booked at CR. Historically- will there be any rooms left that offer FD?
We already are planning on paying for the dining plan so wanted to see if it was possible to save any money.
Thanks!

I am positive there will be rooms left for the general public. Just book as soon as it opens, good luck

If I already have a reservation at Movies 9/14 - 9/19 and regular dining (w/ADRs too), do I need to move my reservation to Music now...or wait and call Monday and move it? I want to make sure we don't miss out.

Also, since I'm not quite paid in full, how will this work? Would it be better if I paid the balance now before the deal goes live? Then what happens (refund)?

Sorry for the questions (and hope they make sense), but we're usually paid off by now and have missed the window the last few trips.

Thanks!

If I already have a reservation at Movies 9/14 - 9/19 and regular dining (w/ADRs too), do I need to move my reservation to Music now...or wait and call Monday and move it? I want to make sure we don't miss out.

Also, since I'm not quite paid in full, how will this work? Would it be better if I paid the balance now before the deal goes live? Then what happens (refund)?

Sorry for the questions (and hope they make sense), but we're usually paid off by now and have missed the window the last few trips.

Thanks!
No need to do anything else until the deal goes live. You can switch at that point if need be, and there's no need to pay anything in full if they are just going to refund it back to you. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter