• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!

Question from a newbie- we're booked for the Contemporary in a Bay Lake Tower room from 9/30-10/5 through AAA. How do we calculate if Free Dining or 30% Room Only discount is better? We saved $300 with AAA versus the posted Disney package rates when we initially booked.

If I use the Disney site as a guide, it looks like the 30% off Room will save us more money, but I'm not sure if that will change the ticket prices or dining plan prices.

I want to be able to talk to our travel agent and give her the exact info she'll need to change our package if necessary on August 1st.

Thanks- this board has been a huge source of info and incredibly helpful in planning our first trip.

Another question...we booked our reservation (no discounts) a month ago before price hikes. If we apply free dining to our current reservation will we have to pay the increased room rate?

I've read this entire thread just to avoid cleaning house!! And my trip isn't even until Nov. 2014!! I was going to call today and book (499 days out now), but you have made valid points that I am listening to. Going to buy up gc at Target instead of making payments. That way Disney won't have any idea I'm secretly planning on coming

Smitch you posted on the other thread that the GP will be out on the 1st for US but 3 days after for all other countries, would Canada's date be the same as US, so Aug 1, or 3 days later?

So excited, what a great birthday present that will be since we check in on my birthday, Nov 17th. Just wondering though how much the difference will be. We are staying at POP for 6 nights & have 5 day tickets. We currently have the QSDP. My DD won't want to switch resorts so what will be the price difference to upgrade to DDP.

TIA. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I hope I wrote my other post correctly, but I believe I wrote that DV holders should get it on Monday July 29 and the general public US and other countries will all get it on Thursday Aug. 1. I guess I'd better track down my other post to make sure that is what it says. :rotfl:

Upgrade costs are approx. $19 per night for adults and approx. $4 per night for kids 9 and under.

ETA: I think I found the post you were referring to. I said the DV holders get it first and the the general public from the US and other countries get it 3 days later. I think you may have just read it wrong. :goodvibes

We have a Cars room I sure hope we get FD!

Different poster but we have room only reservation. DO I need to change it before this deal goes live?

Good news, for the September free dining offer, Cars suites had the most availability and had availability for a few days after the promo went live.:yay: So your chances are very good! The more I look at those Cars suites the more I fall in love with them! The whole are has some of the best theming!

You do not need to change your reservation before the deal goes live, you can do the cancel/rebook the day you call. It's up to your personal preference and whatever makes you feel most comfortable. You can rebook a MYW package with tickets now and add dining when offer comes out. That might save a little time on the phone the day the deal goes down.:upsidedow

Another question...we booked our reservation (no discounts) a month ago before price hikes. If we apply free dining to our current reservation will we have to pay the increased room rate?

Ticket prices increased on June 19 and yes your will pay the new price if you modify your reservation for FD

So if we check in on Oct 2, do we get FD for the whole trip or just that night?

Assuming you are getting the required ticket purchase and your room type has availability under the deal, you would be able to get free dining for up to 14 nights. :thumbsup2

A word of thanks as well to Dave at **************. He and I have had continued discussions on this topic for some time and shared much insight on the Free Dining promotions both in September and beyond.

Thanks for the shout out to my site! And thanks for being a great thought partner on trying to figure this out!

I have just noticed since this free dining rumor has been announced that alot of the rooms that are left over are being booked up. DOES THIS MEAN THAT DISNEY MAY NOT RELEASE FREE DINING ON THESE DATES IF ALL ROOMS GET BOOKED? I know the rooms are being booked because I look at the site frequently and noticed alot of rooms not available now since this rumor was released yesterday.

I have definitely not seen this to be the case....

Thanks for the shout out to my site! And thanks for being a great thought partner on trying to figure this out!

Quite welcome and always a great time chatting.

I suppose now we can move on to discussing what the next promo will be, and as always, the future of free dining.

:lmao: BTW, so happy for you! The wait was awful and glad it's worked out for us :cloud9:

You too!!! It has been a long wait!!:cool1::cool1:

I've read this entire thread just to avoid cleaning house!! And my trip isn't even until Nov. 2014!!

Baahaaa! This is me daily!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thanks to you also Dave for working together with Joe to get out this info!! Us impatiently waiting over here are thrilled for a date....:cool1::cool1:

Ah sweet news!!! Especially since I was on the verge of canceling altogether!
Now my decision will be to stay where I am (ASM), and upgrade to the regular dining.... or upgrade my resort to Coronado. Does anyone know what the best cost would be out of those two options? It's just me and my 2 daughters going. :)

I see a lot of posts talking about canceling/changing your reservation in order to apply FD to it when it's available. If I already have booked enough days with tickets in a qualifying resort (PORFQ) with dining, do I have to do anything other than apply the FD offer? I believe I'm already in a garden view room, or whatever is one step up from standard, so I would think I can just apply the offer to my existing reservation. The reason this concerns me is my reservation is for two rooms requested to be adjoining and I'd hate to lose that by applying the offer.

:cool1:Yea! Yes!:cool1: As long as you have at least 3 night stay and at least 2 days of base park tickets, then you are good to go for whole trip with FD!!!!:banana:

Oh wow really? I thought we needed 4 night stay ... EVEN better news because I thought i"d need to add a night (which in normal times would be GREAT but mama is on a tight budget this time around!). AWESOME:cool1:

I see a lot of posts talking about canceling/changing your reservation in order to apply FD to it when it's available. If I already have booked enough days with tickets in a qualifying resort (PORFQ) with dining, do I have to do anything other than apply the FD offer? I believe I'm already in a garden view room, or whatever is one step up from standard, so I would think I can just apply the offer to my existing reservation. The reason this concerns me is my reservation is for two rooms requested to be adjoining and I'd hate to lose that by applying the offer.

You may have to change category or resort. They will work with you and let you know what is available. Connecting is only a request though and not gauranteed.

The room rates shouldn't have changed (they are set for the year and don't change). But there was an increase in ticket prices that happened in June. Yes, if you book with free dining you will have to pay the higher ticket price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter