• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!

I don't have the exact amounts of the price increases in front of me, but if you need it just let us know and one of us will pull it up.

I just went the the WDW website and put in the same info as the vacation I already have booked. With the new ticket prices (and the upgrade increase to regular dining plan) it only raised the price 113.50. I'll still save over $500!! Good deal!!!

Wondering if anyone can offer their opinions. I already booked months ago a stay at AoA and I included the regular dining plan. I was going to switch it once FD was released to stay at the Poly and it would increase the amount of the trip by a few hundred $.. If I did a split stay changing plans all together my Amt would be the same as what I'm paying now including the poly and AoA or a little less with a split at poly and Por...

What would u do??? :)

I just went the the WDW website and put in the same info as the vacation I already have booked. With the new ticket prices (and the upgrade increase to regular dining plan) it only raised the price 113.50. I'll still save over $500!! Good deal!!!

I did the same thing last night. Our only change will be the ticket increases so we'll still be saving $700, which is HUGE for us!

I cannot wait until this is "official" and my travel agent can adjust our booking. We're staying at POR from 11/11 to 11/17 and it will be my son's first trip to Disney (he turns 4 next month). I cannot wait!

Woo Hoo!!! We moved our dates up to October 2nd hoping the rumored dates were correct! I am so excited! We have seven ADRs that are all firsts for my family! I was going to be so sad if we had to cancel them.

After seeing this post last night and crying til falling asleep, then tossing, turning, and waking up constantly with my brain going crazy with "What are we going to do!!" I called Disney this morning.

We are scheduled for the 1st week of Dec. Arriving Nov 30th and leaving on Dec 7. (This is my 32nd b-day, my hubs 34th bday, and our 14th anniversary. Yeah, we have a week of craziness every year.)

Upon booking the cm said she had worked with Disney for over 30 yrs, etc etc and to be sure to check back for free dining dates since it consistently is offered that week.

The CM this morning said that no dates have been released and not to worry???

I'm so confused.

I know that I cannot pay $4420 plus MVMCP tickets for this vacation. (Not including airfare.) I was expecting $2,777 and for that we have been putting $67 a week into a "Disney" envelope since January. When you see the money going towards it each week and you realize how hard you are working and then the countless hours spent on trip planning and then it can all be swept away...serious depression here. Vacation is supposed to be fun and exciting. Now I face the possibility of having to cancel our trip and OMG what about the plane tickets we've already bought? While everyone was at the beach this summer and going to different places we have been home, squirreling away every dollar and it's not going to be enough after all.

Please tell me this is a bad dream.

My trips falls within the FD!! I'm currently booked at POP with the DDP and it's paid for!
It's our first trip to WDW. 2 adults, 4 yo DD and 14 month old DS.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a mod, but not sure to which one.

Any recommendations? I was thinking of Ft. Wildneress Cabins, thoughts on this?
Please!! Thank you!!

My trips falls within the FD!! I'm currently booked at POP with the DDP and it's paid for!
It's our first trip to WDW. 2 adults, 4 yo DD and 14 month old DS.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a mod, but not sure to which one.

Any recommendations? I was thinking of Ft. Wildneress Cabins, thoughts on this?
Please!! Thank you!!

I think the cabins are excluded from the promo..

After seeing this post last night and crying til falling asleep, then tossing, turning, and waking up constantly with my brain going crazy with "What are we going to do!!" I called Disney this morning.

We are scheduled for the 1st week of Dec. Arriving Nov 30th and leaving on Dec 7. (This is my 32nd b-day, my hubs 34th bday, and our 14th anniversary. Yeah, we have a week of craziness every year.)

Upon booking the cm said she had worked with Disney for over 30 yrs, etc etc and to be sure to check back for free dining dates since it consistently is offered that week.

I'm so confused.

I know that I cannot pay $4420 plus MVMCP tickets for this vacation. (Not including airfare.) I was expecting $2,777 and for that we have been putting $67 a week into a "Disney" envelope since January. When you see the money going towards it each week and you realize how hard you are working and then the countless hours spent on trip planning and then it can all be swept away...serious depression here. Vacation is supposed to be fun and exciting. Now I face the possibility of having to cancel our trip and OMG what about the plane tickets we've already bought? While everyone was at the beach this summer and going to different places we have been home, squirreling away every dollar and it's not going to be enough after all.

If it makes you feel any better, I am booked for the first week of December too. This means I will most likely have to change dates since I cannot downgrade resorts. Luckily, I did not book airfare. Would it be worth the penalty for changing your flights, to get FD?
It stinks being back to the drawing board. I emailed my TA but have not heard back yet. I cannot decide whether to make the changes now or to wait it out until dates are official. sigh.
Good luck with whatever you choose.

I'm so confused.

I feel the same way as we are arriving December 4th so no free dining. I phoned this morning and the CM told me with the new Fantasyland they are seeing more people visiting. Rooms are filling up without the offer and this is why they didn't offer it for August. I am still hoping if I phone enough they will offer it to me.

Keep thinking positive thoughts and good luck with pixie dust getting spread for those arriving the 1st week of December pixiedust:

Hi! I apologize if these questions have been asked already, but I won't have time to get through 28 pages before I head to work!
First, DH and I are doing a split stay October 18-25. We are only spending one night at the Poly (18th). Would a Room Only Discount be good for one night?
Second question, the 19th-25th we are staying CL at YC. Does the Free Dining Promo work for CL? What about Room Only? I'll have to do the math to see what the best option is.
I'm a Disney Visa cardholder, but have already paid for most (left a balance just in case of a deal!). From what I'm reading, I can do this on the 29th through Visa if I pay $200??
Thanks so much, made my day! And week! And trip!!!:thumbsup2

Anyone notice that if you check-in the 22nd, you get FD for the Christmas week. Or are they going to change that?

I'm so confused.

If only you hadn't booked your flight. I always tell folks never to make any nonrefundable plans until the promo becomes official because anything can change at the last minute.

Where are you staying? That's quite a bit so I'm guessing it must be deluxe? Maybe check the cost of changing your flight, it may only be a hundred dollars or so to do that. But regardless, don't make any more changes until the offer goes live and you are able to get something....but it's worth investigating in the meantime.

I do hope something can be worked out. I hate hearing stories like this.

I haven't booked yet for October...still waiting for this to come out. Anyone have any suggestions whether I should go ahead and book and then add FD or if I should wait...thinking Moderate...:cheer2:

Hi! I apologize if these questions have been asked already, but I won't have time to get through 28 pages before I head to work!
First, DH and I are doing a split stay October 18-25. We are only spending one night at the Poly (18th). Would a Room Only Discount be good for one night?
Second question, the 19th-25th we are staying CL at YC. Does the Free Dining Promo work for CL? What about Room Only? I'll have to do the math to see what the best option is.
I'm a Disney Visa cardholder, but have already paid for most (left a balance just in case of a deal!). From what I'm reading, I can do this on the 29th through Visa if I pay $200??
Thanks so much, made my day! And week! And trip!!!:thumbsup2

If that night falls within a room discount offer, then yes you can get it for one night.

Availability can vary, so it all depends.

Whew, there has been a lot to read since yesterday morning! Since these dates seem to be the dates for free dining, I can only hope for a room only discount now as I'm arriving Oct. 12-19. Sorry if this has been asked already (a lot to read :)), but does anyone know if a room only discount will be offered during my dates, or at least rumored at this point?

No need to rebook. Just call them when the deal goes live and they can add it to your current reservation. They offered a very small amount of Nemo rooms with the last offer, so be prepared to change themes if that is what you have booked currently. Good luck! :goodvibes

We have a Cars room I sure hope we get FD!

If you are currently booked as a room only reservation, you will have to cancel that and book a FD package when the deal goes live. If you are booked with a package right now, you will have to call when the deal goes live and they can modify your existing package to move to POP with free dining. How are you booked at the moment?

Different poster but we have room only reservation. DO I need to change it before this deal goes live?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter